[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 198 KB, 750x498, Diagrams-of-Basketball-Courts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2049019 No.2049019 [Reply] [Original]

How do I paint a 3 point line on a outdoor concrete basketball court? I play with a friend at a local court but there's no 3 pt line and my friend is always fucking shooting 2s and calling them 3s so i'm going to paint a damn 3pt line so he knows.

I bought spray paint and measuring tape, but I can't find any solid info on how to paint just the 3 point line.

The main problem is that it's a straight line in the corners, which is easy, but then it's a big curve after that. I can only think to use some string and use that to paint a good circle.

How do I paint the curved part of line? I don't want to spend heaps on painting a single line.

>> No.2049078

This is hilarious, takes me back to playing in the gravel driveway of my parents' house as a child and marking the whole court out by dragging our feet in the gravel and digging out lines.

Yes, just take a string, anchor/hold it under the basket, and hold it taut as you paint the circle. This is how you mark grass fields for soccer and other gay sports that have feminine circle markings.

>> No.2049087

>>2049019
>How do I paint a 3 point line
This is what happens when children grow up without fathers.

>>2049078
This, follow this mans instructions
Btw, the feeling you get when you fix some other mans problem.

>> No.2049162

>>2049019
Look at the diagram you posted. Find the point marked on it that has a line going from the curve of the 3 point line to that point. Have your friend stand there and hold a string and then spray paint while walking and keeping the string taught. Then just stop when you get to the straight lines you drew already.

>> No.2049166

>>2049087
or with white collar fathers