[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 45 KB, 512x320, cDZczwmnXCp8e95-P0mso4skveE78GfJSwLcgsoArfM2U8SYk0FWsoK9SF7_V_Rc6FO3Lt_zlMxFDRf9XLlhFsIemxNwVoDM-s4GUnmsDrIthG6mNpSn[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1795235 No.1795235 [Reply] [Original]

I'm wondering if we shouldn't begin making bunker general threads at some point.

I'd like to build or buy something like this for cheap, as a "hunting camp"/bug out location/general innawoods hobby dwelling to live in part time. The idea is to have it bermed or outright buried in such a way that nobody will know it is there a couple of years after completion, so there surface to identify it would be the door (the air pipes will look like or hopefully be inside of trees). I've thought about plastic tanks, ICF, shipping containers, earthbags, and so many other things. It's hard to determine the cheapest option.

I know some of you on here have built something like this before. I'd like to get 50 to 80 square feet of floor space out of it, which I think is comparable to the interior of pic related.

Thoughts on how to do this for as cheap as possible? I don't need power or running water, I just need a space that won't fill up with water or debris if I don't visit it for a few months.

>> No.1795242

Depends on what you consider 'cheap'.

Colin Furze made one but he couldn't say the overall cost due to contracts, but he said you could buy a decent sized family car or something like that for the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQy89tZ-mRU is the 5 year update, but he did a several part series on the build.

>> No.1795252

>>1795242

I've seen that and it's quite a bigger project than what I'm interested in. I'm thinking of the $5,000 to $8,000 range.

Although, one day, I would like to live in a place like that.

>> No.1795348
File: 168 KB, 800x600, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's an idea I had. Would you climb into some random culvert you found sticking out in the middle of the woods?

I could get the tank and the culvert (both plastic) for comparatively cheap.

>> No.1795349

I've seen designs based on a large diameter culvert pipe, that's gotta be one of the cheaper options. "Atlas survival shelters" on youtube.

>> No.1795355
File: 89 KB, 701x1024, 1584876767686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795348
>be stuck in tiny ass space for possibly weeks
>eat shitty bunker food
>gain wait due to lack of movement
>too big to fit through the culvert

I like the concept though

>> No.1795358

>>1795349

I'm very familiar with those but they're out of the price range, either to buy or build my own version (assuming I can find the 10' culvert in non-bulk amounts, which I haven't so far). Anyway it's much bigger than I really need. Maybe it would be better for a permanent innawoods residence, but not as an adult playhouse.

>>1795355

It would be a fitting end for a /diy/er.

>> No.1795372

how many anons are going to die from cave-ins and suffocation from silly threads like this?

>> No.1795382

>>1795348
I would absolutely get a group of my friends together and explore the shit out of that random culvert.

If your entire bunker defence strategy is relying on people going "ohh that pipe looks too spooky to explore" then you're probably gonna be disappointed when you come to your bunker and find it full of stoners.

>> No.1795392

>>1795235
That picture is a horrible bunker design. I don't understand why you would have a outward opening hatch. Tree falls on hatch, you cant open hatch, you die.

>> No.1795396

>>1795372
Not enough

>> No.1795398

>>1795392
keep some tools inside to be able to cut your way out

>> No.1795401

>>1795398
"some tools"
What tools and what portions would you cut and what makes that better than a proper military entrance?

>> No.1795408

>>1795235
Shipping containers make the best bunkers as they've far more space for imitation crab meat, nuclear blast resistance, and internal tiedowns for love restraints. Their shape is ballistically efficient, stopping most projectiles up to 20mm. Early Spanish shipping containers survived the sinking of the Armada and regularly float to the surface despite their loads of gold and jewels from Tierra del Fuego.

>> No.1795444

>>1795408
God bless ya

>> No.1795451

You ask this on /pol/? I bet every retard that posts on that board has at least one bunker.

>> No.1795453

>>1795348
At the very least, put in more than one entrance and have the bunker higher than the entrance so it won't fill up with water and nasty heavier than air gasses will drain out.

>> No.1795456 [DELETED] 

>>1795444
Containers have quite the military history.
The Bismarck was not damaged by torpedo attack by Fairey Swordfish, but by torpedoes launched from an deep sea containerbase composed of seventy five hundred tessellated containers. The story that "Stringbags" did the deed was a necessary cover. That base was later moved to the Falkland Islands, the reason the UK had to defend them so fiercely in later years.
Nazi subsea containerbase development was stymied by partisans who destroyed the prototypes as they were being shipped to the Kriegsmarine Arctic base by limpet mining the armed merchant cruiser carrying it under a false Israeli flag. This secret success saved most of the convoys bringing Lend-Lease aid to Siberia.
Containers are robust. Concealed beneath sound dampening rubber layers, they compose the pressure hulls of all modern ballistic missile submarines. The corrugations render the modules far stronger than cylindrical or even spherical hull sections. They are so strategically valuable they're protected by disinformation, like calling them "cuck sheds" (though they serve admirably in that necessary social role!).

>> No.1796290

https://youtu.be/RblAfx4QcTY?t=116
Here he says his hydraulic hatch will list a truck so you can't be stuck inside if someone puts a heavy object on it.

But in his videos the hach can be kept closed by just standing on it or (in the case of the two piston one) putting a foot on it.
https://youtu.be/x4NU9KwpZog?t=433
https://youtu.be/SP-mYxSDEig
Am I missing something?

>> No.1796304 [DELETED] 

>>1795456
Numerous containers survived direct hits from 30mm A-10 "Warthog" cannon during the Iraq war. The springy corrugations dissipate energy and the projos bounce off. The immortal Corten steel shells last centuries even without paint, which is only decorative. The US Navy has a fleet of containers at the bottom of the Marianas trench where they dock submarines made from containers for underwater replenishment. Hawaii successfully used lava flow to encase containers to make attractive tourist lodges. Transatmospheric scramjet powered containers have been developed into launch platforms for smaller containers to be used in the post-Brexit EU space containerstation. North Korea replaced their old dug shelters under mountains with containers painted like mountains. (The insides are painted with cute anime characters to boost morale.) Elon Musk prototyped an electric container to replace the Tesla since the container is more aesthetically appealing than the car and has a lot more battery room. The mayor of Detroit has decided to replace his decaying city with containers. The old buildings will be demolished and the rubble hauled off in other containers, loaded onto rafts made of containers, and shipped to China via the St. Laurence seaway where it will be ground up and the metal residue used to make more containers. US Navy SEALS stealthily infiltrate enemy ports using containers cunningly disguised as containers. Israel is solving the Palestinian problem by storing them in containers. (Germany tried to solve the Jewish problem using wooden freight cars, but the container hadn't been invented yet.) Donald Trump's border wall will be easily affordable if built from containers. Any beaners who slip in by other routes can be detained in containers then trucked to Beanland where containers will be donated as housing.

>> No.1796341
File: 28 KB, 170x75, amazon customer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795456
>>1796304
5 stars

>> No.1796428

>>1796290

Although his bunker design is basically the meta, Ron isn't that intelligent. He says lots of contradicting things about his own design in his quest to smack-talk his competition and jerk himself off on YouTube. But don't get the wrong idea, his bunkers really are all that. They're just extraordinarily expensive and hard to replicate at home. (Good luck finding 10' culvert that you can ship to your house, especially in only 20' or 40' denominations. He has a contract with a water supply company to get the culvert in bulk, and that's essentially the only way to get it.)

As for the hatch as it pertains to his bunkers, something heavy being on top doesn't matter. Even if the hydraulics of the hatch could lift a couple of boulders or cinderblocks off, someone could park a car on the hatch and there wouldn't be a prayer even if it was the best hydraulic hatch in the world. But it doesn't matter because the bunkers have a secret exit by design - you can crawl out of a culvert at the other end which leads to a small chamber. Then you bust out of the ceiling and the chamber fills up with some sand and a few inches of soil, so you can emerge outside. So the design principle is that the entrance is hidden, but even if it is discovered there is an even more hidden exit for emergency use.

Based on the trade secrets he gives away on YouTube (sometimes deliberately and sometimes inadvertently through the footage he shows), they basically have all the avenues of approach covered. The Atlas shelters can be buried deeper, are resistant to tampering with the air pipes, allow for safe internal use of a generator, can be installed in days, are highly resistant to water damage, and so on. By far, the best design element (if you are Ron) is the difficulty to replicate /diy/ style. Your best bet to make one /diy/ is search high and low for a smaller culvert (8' or even 6') and use ICF for the bulkheads. Even then it will be expensive, just not as much as buying one of theirs.

>> No.1796430

But throw a shovel of dirt on them they collaspe like a thot on wiskey

>> No.1796443

>>1795252
if you plan to do so make sure you get it approved by local gov or get fined to hell and back

>> No.1796449

>>1796443
And dont bury Containers

>> No.1796776
File: 1.06 MB, 1103x946, 365FD808-0B63-4F21-923F-B02534505011.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Plenty of ww2 era bunker / bomb shelters you can make for cheap. The big bunker problem is over designing and wanting to stay in for months. If you want cheap bio or nuclear just build a bomb shelter and focus your cash on decent cbrn gear. After a couple of days the worst fallout will have settled and hopefully rescue parties can help you.

Pic related: add a metal door so it’s a panic room as well.

>> No.1796785

>>1796428
I see they're good from his videos, but I'm just perplexed by his statement regarding his hatch, seemingly contraddicting with his footage.
So when he says the hatch can lift a truck, he's just lying then?

Also, when he's talking about his vent design being attack-proof because all the liquids one could pour down just go straight to the ground, he's ignoring all the other types of attack, like for example just blocking it with heavy duty duct tape or something, or putting some sort of gas in the intake, puring gasoline and lighting it on fire, etc.

And when he mentions that the vents have to be at a certain distance from the bunker because the pump can't suck air from more than a certain length of pipe, couldn't that be solved with a more powerful pump?

>> No.1796786

>>1796443
If you let the government know about your secret, hidden bunker, than it is neither secret nor hidden.

>> No.1796788

>>1796786
What's a realistic way to build a serious bunker without the government knowing?
Just DIY it with help from nobody or a few trusted people?
Become friends with the owner of a company that builds them and hope they do it off the books for you?

>> No.1796790
File: 634 KB, 1743x2807, digging_a_pirates_cave_0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1796792
File: 167 KB, 642x1024, e932f7f82f602536a250a66db969181d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1796790

>> No.1796800

>>1796788
go out into the country where no one cares if anyone asks (which they never should) it was a wartime bunker.

>> No.1796967
File: 2.65 MB, 2951x3166, IMG_20200411_173010__01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795235
I'm liking pic related with better camo

>> No.1796969
File: 1.30 MB, 2454x1201, IMG_20200411_173010__02__01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1796967
May be hard to see at first glance

>> No.1797037

Thing with a project like this is you’re going to need a 8+ tonne digger. If you hire one they’ll mention it and it’ll get around. I got dug a 10m x 10m x 2m pond and have kids just randomly turning up in my garden to look at it even though i’m out of the way.

>> No.1797064

>>1795235
I was thinking about this once and actually looked into the easiest way.
Basically you want to buy like a 30,000 plastic septic tank and bury it. It's like 8' in diameter and like 20' long.
I priced it out and depending on how much you pay to have done you could it under 10k

>> No.1797288

>>1796790
>how to bury children.jpg

>> No.1797590

>>1796776
Great idea

>> No.1797658
File: 1.84 MB, 940x888, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795235
ITT: Anon's Rape Bunker

>> No.1797777

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/mar/05/invisible-city-how-homeless-man-built-life-underground-bunker-hampstead-heath

>> No.1797835

>>1795372
What happened to that anon a couple of years back who was tunnelling through the back of an old stone cottage into the hillside immediately behind it? Was he ever confirmed dead?

Somebody should start a wiki documenting all /diy/'s disastrous tunnelling attempts. Bunkerbro would be the rare example of someone who didn't quit after the first week and/or die.

>> No.1797954

>>1797777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvowiyc85U

>> No.1797991

>>1795235
Bury a school bus. Pour a slab over it for radiation protection.

>> No.1798003

>>1796443
>remember if you do a crime to report it to your local police station otherwise you could go to prison.

>> No.1798009

>>1798003
you can do it legally nigger

>> No.1798021

>>1796776
Yeah this look good. Would be easy to make hide the room, too.

>> No.1798023

>>1796776
I like how the entrance radiation shield is undermined by having large vents facing the exact direction the entryway is shielding you from. Definitely worth giving up a fifth of your available space for.

I also appreciate how it's fucking underground in the first place so you don't really need a right-angle entryway shield like that anyway.

>> No.1798259

Given the amount of stupid I've seen since this virus outbreak I'm tempted to build one and live in it.

Joking aside op you could try some of the pepper forums or get a book from the 70s on DIY bunker building.

>> No.1798428

Bunker build:
>Buy four huge shipping containers
>Dig a hole big enough fitting three of them beside each other in it
>Dig the hole as deep as the shipping containers are long
>Weld the three shipping containers placed in the hole together as one
>Cut out the inner side walls to your liking (you can create rooms and doors that way)
>Cut out holes for a vent system, water supply and black water exit system
>Cut out holes for electricity cables
>Build a vent, water and electricity infrastructure
>make sure vent system exits being visibly hidden for people standing above the bunker later.
>Use the exess walls that are left overs from the cutouts to create other walls inside the bunker if needed.
>Place the fourth shipping container vertically (upwards standing) the "chimney style" With it's doors facing the sky
>Connect it to the other three by welding them together
>make a cut out for a bunker level entry door
>Build a staircase into the upwards facing "entry container"
>Build a steel wire reenforcement that surrounds the entire construction, including the chimney styled entry container.
>Pour concrete over the three containers in the hole you digged, until they are fully covered
>When cured, build a plywood casing around the upward facing container to prepare for pouring concrete.
>Pour concrete in it and let it cure.
>After curing, remove the plywood.
>Smear the entire concrete surface with asphalt to insulate it and to protect it from getting dry and deterioating
>Fill the entire hole you digged with soil again
>Weld one door to be permanently closed
>Remove the external door locking mechanism and weld it to the inside (you wanna lock people out, not be locked in by people from outside)
>Hide your entry with a small wooden shed and a wooden floor that is connected to the entry door so its hidden when closed.

>> No.1798434

>>1796788
Do it yourself

>> No.1798473

>>1796304
I was looking for my original copy. May the labes of babes drape thee for saving it!

>> No.1798491

The wise choice would be a bunker-themed room containing your Librebooted T60 running TempleOS. Faux concrete wall panels or a suitable textured paint job can give your fap tomb proper ambiance. While military hardened shelters are typically well lit that's insufficiently dystopic for our purpose.

Take your cues from vidya gaymes (the real reason you imagine you want a bunker) and decorate accordingly. The exquisite pleasures of bunkerfetish should be combined with gas mask and other rubber play including restraints and tois. You can pay for the decor by eschewing boring stuff like actual disaster preparedness in favor of delicious larping.

Remember the bunker experience is about what's inside, not what's outside, and a 20ft shipping container is more than enough for a backyard dystopia-in-a-can if mummy won't let you ruin her basement. Steampunk is easy to implement in containers since you can weld punky objects or anchors for same to the walls with an inexpensive wire welder. "Elevator bolts" have a handy flange for welding to walls. Unistrut and similar are Doomosensual ways to hang conduit (thicc conduit is not only sexy, it makes it easy to run cable and fiber). The inner tiedown loops are spaced such that erotic suspension between them is easy (carabiners , sailing and arborist rope gear get it done) and you could lift the most obese bottoms straight off the floor. The floors are easily sealed and plumbed for drainage of inconvenient fluids, for example from your fistula collection, and stainless restaurant furnishings, prison toilets and other matching decor are plentiful. Likewise ventilation is easy and a split system to keep it comfy is no problem to install. A large septic tank with a large manhole cover can digest most anyone you feed it if you field dress and remove all metal (scan with a metal detector before and during vivisection). Noise dampening is expensive but it's easy to debark dogs and humans, and ball gags are cheap.

>> No.1798494

>>1797288
That's really quite like hand dug WWI bunkers with which the writers would be familiar. More was expected of youth then and the design is sound if bizarre to modern readers.

>> No.1799728

>>1798494
I've been through it and it might be fine for say European soils, but in many places you simply need sturdy retaining walls or the first rain will fuck your shit up with 1 ton per cubic yard of dirt.

>> No.1799860

>>1798491
kek

>> No.1799959

>>1795408
dude can you link me to resources on this? sounds so cool.

>> No.1799961

>>1795456
dude how do you know this stuff? this is incredible.

>> No.1799968

>>1798428
comfy

>> No.1800042

>>1797777
>paragraphs of storytelling wankery
JUST GET TO THE FUCKING THING

>> No.1800049

>>1800042
>THE FUCKING THING
The lede.
As in the expression "don't bury the lede" which used to be literally journalism 101, and is the reason pre-internet news articles would, for entire fucking generations, give you the important information in *the very first sentence* after the heading before following up with secondary details and fluff.

Only digest-style magazines wouldn't do this, because the point was to give you something to kill time reading. Newspapers in contrast focused on delivering information and thus respected everyone's time which is the reason everybody had daily subscriptions.

Prettty cool how absolutely nobody currently employed by online "news" sources understands this distinction and by extension the function of their fucking job.

>> No.1800057

Does anyone have the design plans for a front door that was attached to a frame lined w valve springs. Then when you tried to take a battering ram to it the door would just bounce off the springs and not blow open.

>> No.1800067

>>1800057
That expedient was tried during the Punic Wars with poor result as the door itself became a ram. The solution was a fixed door covered with an impact absorbing layer of pallets which dampened the shock and could, as assailants tried to remove them, be ignited by flaming acetone poured from the lunette-shaped windows plasma cut into the battlements for that purpose. The shipping containers were protected from fiery fratricide by filling with water from the moat, as intense fire risks annealing their protective outer coating whose armoriferous properties are lost thereby. A special cadre of troops dedicated to containerbunker defense, the famous Nullos, were duty bound to protect their base or die trying. The Nullos also gave their name to the common Nullo Wafer cracker, or biscuit as the faggy Poms (but I repeat myself) put it.
Being community spiritual centres as well as defensive works, containers were the object of special veneration. Worshippers of different containers were often rivals. This escalated, notably in the Flat Rack Wars, but eventually all sects were unified under the High Cube.

>> No.1800123

>>1800049
Because, they found out that they can make more money by burying it deep as fuck.

>> No.1800139

>>1800123
Eh, not really with the exception of shit like slideshow sites.
That's everyone's explanation for stupid shit but you're underestimating the power of follow-the-leader business practices. That form of media is too corrupt to even consider evaluating their approach, meanwhile aggregators and social platforms which provide or enforce better loading of information have only gotten more popular.

The real reason is because the online article writing ecosystem unironically pays authors by the word.
That's also why so many "news" websites are indistinguishable from blog farms.

>> No.1800441

>>1795348
nice gas chamber faggot

>> No.1800468
File: 10 KB, 264x191, 9k=.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1800441
I was wondering how burying a grain bin would work out.

And why everyone wants to bury them so deep; why do you need more than a foot of dirt?

>> No.1802020
File: 213 KB, 500x378, 1587011765711.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795235
So i'd see this and immediately find a backhoe tractor and smash the fuck out of your hobbit hole to get to the creamy center.
Then you die like a mole and I eat your doritos.

Why the fuck do people ADVERTISE the bunker look like, "Nuh uh can't get in here!" ? People would have nothing but time. They'd get you.

>> No.1802639

>>1799959
>>1799961
Not him, but I've also studied containers. Here:
https://www.falconstructures.com/blog/military-shipping-container-storage

>> No.1803402

>>1798428
>shipping containers
>>Dig
stopped reading

>> No.1803409

>>1800468
probably terrible as those are designed to hold weight inside and not outside in. I'm reminded of this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GDthiBGMz8

>> No.1803532

>>1795348
>Would you climb into some random culvert you found sticking out in the middle of the woods?
Literally yes, and there are loose "clubs"/collectives all over the world dedicated to exploring, mapping, and sharing info about underground tunnels and stormwater systems.

I've looked into my local scene since my city has over 1500km of underground complexes which are often abandoned, forgotten and unmapped. People have been hunting for cool shit down there and leaving geocache-like prizes in the deepest parts for decades.
And since governments realised people are doing this they've started locking and welding hatches shut, which doesn't stop anybody so your padlock honestly only makes getting in more attractive if someone shines a torch in there.

What you should do is leverage these people by building an entire underground puzzle dungeon so that when the end times come you'll have a loyal army of morlocks who will elect you as their king.

>> No.1803538

>>1802020
Joke's on you, you fell for my decoy bunker and forgot to bring a canary into the dorito chamber.

>>1800468
>why do you need more than a foot of dirt?
Depends how far you are from a population centre since nukes are airburst and direct radiation is nice to minimise in addition to fallout.

Plus we might get a few hours' advance notice of a cosmic gamma ray burst thanks to the neutrino flux arriving first, right? The deeper the better.

>> No.1803586

>>1800139
That isn't new.

>> No.1803589

>>1802020
Because, bunkers don't matter. There's a billion houses and stores out there with easier to get supplies that are just as good as someone's bunker and there's more than likely no one alive to fight against.

The only time you say, "I'm gonna rob your bunker," is when you are larping.

>>1800468
>I was wondering how burying a grain bin would work out.
You'd end up with a crushed grain bin.

>> No.1803621

>>1803586
Did anybody say it was, dipshit?

But since you bring it up, most newspapers still had legitimate editors that could actually edit--as in having an understanding of English grammar and journalistic principles--as late as 2000 from what I remember.
Yes, it's always been a corrupt industry since print media has been under aristocratic and oligarchic control since literally the invention of the printing press, but we're talking about something specific and the only way you could think the 90s/early 2000s was "not new" is if you're some dipshit zoomer who shouldn't be trying to weigh in on a discussion about the history of online anything.

>> No.1805615

>>1796785
Who knows what's true or false in his videos. They're nothing more than advertisements after all.

>> No.1807202

>>1797835
/diy/saster thread when

>> No.1807712

Do you guys think you could make a boat out of a shipping container?

>> No.1807842

>>1795235
A DIY airform concrete dome buried in a pit with a hatch of your choosing would work.

I've done an autistic level of research into dome structures. They are insanely resilient and material efficient. 2200 square foot dome comes to something like $1200 for the concrete (600 more for the foundation, but foundation designs are variable, havent settled on one) and like $2500 for the insulation foam. Thats buying supplies from Lowes, you could easily knock 20% off getting sand from a local building supplier, and having a contractor do the foam might end up cheaper as well.

A little 16 foot diameter dome (so 8ft of headroom in the center) would be cheap as dirt, and doable in an afternoon.

To give you an idea of how structurally sound these things are, a 160' dome was only 6" thick at the base and 3" thick at the top. This was a sports dome, which intended to have lights and other heavy stuff hung from the dome as well. That is with measures of civil-engineering excess and care built in, which isnt necessary for a backyard bunker.

>> No.1807843

>>1807842
>in an afternoon
Sorry, meant a couple afternoons. Drying time and all, multiple layers of concrete.

Also, would probably need less foam for a bunker.

>> No.1807850

>>1807712
Of course, but they make better submarines which takes advantage of their corrugated construction which scatters sonar and can resist any pressure Terran oceans can produce.

They replaced bathyspheres decades ago after they shrugged off nuclear blast pressure waves at Eniwetok. Non-nuclear torpedos and mines have no effect on them, but nukes can damage their paint when detonated in air.

>> No.1807854

>>1800468
The requirement for at least 100-meter burial is based on modern microwave pulse drones which will orbit target areas. While shipping containers are strong enough and properly conductive being made of Corten, the galvanized grain bins react with radiation and the round shape concentrates it to simultaneously gas and roast the occupants who swell then burst like rotten fruit, but with more screaming.

>> No.1807947

>>1796788
swimming pool.

>> No.1808018

>>1795355
Then you starve for a month and lose enough weight to get out and repeat the cycle

>> No.1808050
File: 36 KB, 567x541, images (9).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1798009
Can=/=must

>> No.1808071

Overlooked is an honest appraisal of why people crave buried bunkers. It's not for military or even practical usage else they'd copy aboveground bunkers built stealthily but openly and legally to look like an ordinary cabin or workshop. To not be eaten, don't look like food.

The true reason people revisit this silly shit in thread after thread is terra-uterine comfort fantasies of cuddling Gaia offering her musky uterus for unbirthing. To lie within the caudal cave of the ultimate Mommy and look out twixt her bermy thighs, perhaps formed by Hesco as silk stockings mould dependa cellulite that Pvt. Snuffy may lust for an imaginary better reality is a universal, exquisite pleasure. This may be discerned in the ancient Lascaux shipping container paintings, depicting life before modern structures when Man sought protection from beasts within sweet rocky cunt.

>> No.1808131
File: 2.78 MB, 640x480, Thunderbird 1 Launch Sequence [QKKVoR1X5lM] 20090608.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1807947
>swimming pool
based

>> No.1808471

>>1795348
Enjoy crawling in your bunker and coming face to face with a family of skunks.

>> No.1808634

>>1795235
What is the point of a bunker like that?

A fucking 10 year old could compromise that bunker with 2 plastic bags from walmart covering the air pipes

>> No.1808635

>>1798428
>>Buy four huge shipping containers
>>Dig a hole
Retard

>> No.1808637

>>1808634
caves are compfy :)
OP just go play terraria or something

>> No.1808768

>>1808635
Of course he's retarded. Container burial only works correctly with odd numbered quantities of containers because (obviously) tesselation is necessary for strength.

>> No.1808905

>>1795235
I guess building will be way easier than taking enough countermeasures to flooding, critters/insects feasting upon it, hobos/hippies "exploring" it.

I think you should go for some prefab/container, prepare it (furniture, vents, etc) dig a large enough hole, then do everything to hide/seal/secure it ("stealth" doesn't equal "safe").

>> No.1808938
File: 101 KB, 1280x682, kek-kek-kekiki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1798491
>Librebooted T60 running TempleOS.

LOST

>> No.1808939

>>1797777
nice quads.

but... not a single pic to be seen.

>> No.1808942

>>1800468

The only thing worth burying is a hardened container. Containers are structurally designed to sustain vertical and lateral forces.

A grain bin is designed to sustain evenly distributed vertical weight, no lateral stress, no sudden stress, no increasing lateral pressure, etc.

>>1796790
mr. DigDug's RapeCave is the ultimate hazard because he barely mentions the need to sustain the vertical/lateral forces. The first human walking on Muh TarPaper will epically crash the entire structure.

>> No.1808976

>>1795242
>could buy a decent sized family car or something like that for the price.
If he used brick instead of steel he would have saved a boat load of money

>> No.1809591

>>1798491
10 star copypasta

>> No.1809712

>>1809591
That post is fresh, but my others do well. Thank you!

>> No.1810788

>>1808634
It is a storm shelter, not a bunker. A 10yo might have a hard time doing anything with a twister nearby. It'll look like this outside,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8218729/Mississippi-family-saved-deadly-tornado-safe-room.html

>> No.1810925

>>1810788
Your example shows the right way, which is build aboveground with sufficient reinforcement. Ideally the whole bedroom would be reinforced concrete so even if you're never warned you sleep protected.

One could do the same thing with a precast concrete tank or other shape properly anchored to Sonotubes (cut holes in floor for those) for easy retrofit. Children crave stupid pseudo-military bunker dreams (vets and the clueful tend not to care about dying in place and prefer mobility) hence these fantasy threads but storm shelters and reinforced concrete construction are wise ways to shelter.

>> No.1810948

>>1810925
Above ground is fine if you have some extra reinforcing like soil mounded up. Especially, in places where drainage is a bitch. A flying car would more than likely have wiped that room right off the ground had it been hit by one. But, if it were mounded around with soil then it'd only have a glancing blow, no matter what was thrown at it. That's the cheaper option than having more concrete to angle the sides to perform the same function.

>> No.1811116

>>1795392
I was in Berlin once and did an "Berlin Undergrounds" tour, where you can tour several civil protection bunkers all over the city hidden in plain sight.
They showed us these big doors for evacuation which were also outside facing. But they had huge hydraulic cylinders attached for opening. They could also be operated by manual pumps.
The doors for entering are basically one way airlocks.

If you ever go to Berlin, make sure to take this tour!

>> No.1811120

>>1810948
A few more yards of concrete and some rebar would solve that problem for interior structure. At ~$100/yard where I live that's cheap.

>> No.1811139

>>1811116
Cool

>> No.1811203
File: 921 KB, 760x850, storm shelters - after a tornado.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1811120
Perhaps both. Sandwich earth between two reinforced walls so there's no slope of repose for the soil and you can build around it more easily. Equipment rental to move earth doesn't cost much at all for something that small and you can increase the size and mass quite a bit without the extra expense.

I live in a hilly area. So, anything I make would be underground. The drainage can just exist on the downhill side.

>> No.1811206
File: 303 KB, 885x491, tornado-saferooms-592040fa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1795392
>>1795401
It is a storm shelter and should be on the map at the local rescue stations. After a tornado, the rescue goes around and checks all the shelters and digs people out. Trees are the least of your worries when 3 of your neighbor's houses land on you.

>> No.1811471

just make sure if you go with shipping containers or grain silo that you reinforce the frame and have a plastic membrane barrier between you metal shelter and concrete, dirt or what have you

>> No.1811914

Dose anyone remember the /k/ bunker threads?

>> No.1811924

>>1796967
>>1796969
Hiding in plain sight, nice.

>> No.1811932

>>1798491
>tfw no fap tomb

>> No.1811984

>>1811914
Of course, and they're equally cancerous.

>> No.1812704
File: 69 KB, 956x805, goop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What epoxy or other effective fillers have you used to repair weak/rotted wood?

I've a variety of old, porous wood I prefer to basically impregnate with plastic than replace. I have high DIY skills and ample equipment but I don't fuck with wood much.

What have you personally used, what do you like or dislike (info on what sucks is just as important) and what would you do differently?

>> No.1812706

>>1812704
Wrong thread, disregard!

>> No.1812707

>>1812704
None of that shit is worth a fuck. It's way to expensive, extra useless for structural. You are much better off replacing it