[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 45 KB, 450x303, breaks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
176821 No.176821 [Reply] [Original]

I'd like to build a Zombie box for my wall. The woodwork and the vinyl stenciling I've got covered, the problem is the guts of it.

1) The shotgun. I've got several possible websites I can order a cheap airsoft replica from for about $50 or less (I can't justify the cost of a real firearm or a quality airsoft for this project). The catch is I'm a Canadafag. Airsoft with orange tips are legal to buy/sell/own here without special restrictions, but Canada Customs doesn't give a fuck. General consensus I read is that all airsofts, orange tip or not, get seized. The bright spot is that clear plastic airsofts USUALLY get through (and I can paint it). Still a gamble, and it limits selection.

TL;DR - Any advice on who to buy from? Maybe my Google-fu is pig dung and I missed an ideal seller north of the 49th.

2) The ammo. This is more /diy/ related. I plan to make some custom boxes of shells for the display. The cardboard boxes I can handle, although any suggestions are welcome. My main concern is the shells.

TL;DR - Any thoughts on the materials and techniques to make realistic dummy shells?

Generic image is generic.

>> No.176824

You can get a used H&R Pardner shotgun for $50.

If you have a buddy who shoots shotguns, you can probably coax him into giving you his spent shells, which you can fold over to make them look new.

>> No.176825

You can buy shitty springer shotguns at walmart for around 30$, just paint one of those. Run to a shooting range one day and grab some shells, I'm sure they'd let you take some.

>> No.176826

Work at a US retailer, we won't even ship airsoft to Canada, period. Canadian customs is pretty stringent on that shit, we can't even ship rifle scopes and sometimes COMPLETELY unrelated paraphernalia for shooting that isn't even dangerous.
Your only real option would be to get one in CA or cross the border and hope it doesn't get seized. Something you could think about is buying a strictly wall-hanger shotgun or something and chopping it down since this is for display-only. You could even either make or have a replica made of wood.

>> No.176829

For the shells, and possibly even a $50 airsoft shotgun, try a surplus store. If you're in the Vancouver or lower mainland area try Poco Military or Wes' Surplus. I got some empty shells I used for a costume at Wes' for 25c each and Poco Military has a decent selection of airsoft guns and removes the risk of getting an import seized, as Canada Customs is in fact a bunch o' dicks.

The empty shells can be filled with sand, fold the edges back in and then clamped & glued.

If you're not in the lower mainland of BC (I figure if you're posting from Canada it's about a 1/5 chance) then try any surplus stores near you.

>> No.176843

OP here.

>>176825
Not seeing any airsoft in the walmart.ca Canadian site (plenty in the walmart.com). Maybe I'll run it past their sporting goods manager here, see if they can special order from the American side of the company.

>>176829
Calgary. Looked at the likely suspects, no joy so far. You'd think this wouldn't be difficult here, considering it's the most pro-gun / redneck province of Canada. Websites for Poco and Westley Military Surplus are a bust (everything at Poco starts at $400-500, no shotguns, and Wes just has a few paintball markers. Suppose it's worth a try emailing them, find out if they have stuff they don't bother listing.

As for suggestions using spent shells, I was worried the firing of them would leave noticeable damage on the casing. Guess it's worth a second look, then.

Thanks for the advice, all.

>> No.176859

>Airsoft with orange tips are legal to buy/sell/own here.

Then why can you not buy one in Canada?

>> No.176863

>>176859

Because I don't intend to spend $500 on a decorative wall prop. Any serious airsoft seller I can find can't be bothered to order anything cheaper.

>> No.176864 [DELETED] 

>>176863
you obviously know nothing of firearms if you think that the minimum you will pay is $500 kid.

do some research before you make yourself look like a fool kid.

>> No.176871

>>176864
Are you seriously this retarded in all the threads you post in?

>> No.176873 [DELETED] 

>>176871
so im retarded for calling you out on not ding reserch kid?

how pathetic can you be to call me a retard when you stated what you did

come back to this site when your 18 kid.

>> No.176875

>>176864
If you know of a Canadian seller (either physically in Calgary or with a website), that deals in bargain basement POS airsoft shotguns, I'm all ears son.

As for research, what glaringly obvious facts do you think I've missed? Do tell. I suppose I could try to find someone with a BFL and offer to suck their cock. Any advice on that?

>> No.176877

I'd look for something on kijiji first before buying anything new.

You just need it for looks, so why not find some shitty broken one for twenty bucks?

>> No.176878 [DELETED] 

>>176875
you obviously have no idea what im talking about seeing as i stated nothing about airsoft in my post

learn to read, might make you look less stupid kid

>> No.176881

Atleast the walmarts over here on the east coast have a small section of airsoft in the sporting goods section. I would expect them to have it across canada.

>> No.176885

>>176881
Seen clear-body pistols and M-16s in Walmart and Canadian Tire, no shotguns though.

>> No.176890

Screw the shotgun it's been done, how about a REAL art piece something that commands a little awe.
Might I suggest a weapon like some of the things from dead rising 2 the bucket drill is pretty sweet. Think of it op instead of "oh it's an airsoft gun lol it's like that pic from the net" it's in case of zom... oh... dear... lord! what have you done?"
chainsaw blade bat, hatchets hose clamped to a sledge hammer, etc.

If shotgun is your desire and for 50 bucks you should be able to scratch build something decent, lots of tutorials out there. Backyard effects on you tube comes to mind, had like a 40 double barrel prop that came out nice.

>> No.176893

>>176875
Princess Auto. They have an airsoft shotgun and M16 in the surplus section.

>> No.176899

>>176890
I toyed with the idea of a chainsaw (and yes, I've seen a few zombie boxes featuring them), but the weight is prohibitive for a wall mounted box in my apartment.

>>176893
Princess Auto... now that's a new one, thanks.

>> No.177057
File: 1.54 MB, 3264x2448, P3150474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, I am making one of these too. Mine has a real shotgun, but I might gut the shotgun before I put it up....Chances are I won't.

One thing you can do for realistic shells is to just get some real ones, go out to an area in a national forest or some place like that, that ppl shoot at. A lot of ppl don't pick up their trash, so it's easy to find shit like that laying around.

That or if you know any one who shoots and does their own reloading, you can always see if they got a few shells they can keep for you. I myself do my own reloading, so I buy 200 spent shells at a time from cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Reloading/Shotshell-Reloading|/pc/104792580/c/104761080/sc/1
04568480/Winchester-Once-Fired-AA-12-Ga-Shotshell-Hulls-150-Per-200/704598.uts?destination=%2Fcatalo
g%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-reloading-shotshell-reloading%2F_%2FN-1100196%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104568480%3FWT
z_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104761080&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104761080%3Bcat104

Here is a pic of my maverick 88 shotgun, my ka bar cutlass machete (This machete is a beast) Then my zombie badge, which there is truly only two of these ever made, my brother has the other one, he makes professional badges for law enforcement, military and movies. So on his spare time he made them, took several hours, I will post a pic of the badge in a sec.

>> No.177059
File: 1.73 MB, 3264x2448, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>177057

Here is a pic of the badge.

The silver you see is actually a metal called rhodium, a metal more valuable then gold, the gold color is gold plated. The wording and bio hazard symbol you see is etched into the metal, then color glass is melted down, then poured into the wording. A dif badge that I had that was only 2/3 of this quality I sold for five hundred bucks. I kinda miss that badge, see if I can find a pic of it.

>> No.177073
File: 36 KB, 600x450, l_a904b48945944c739cec152c0dabad19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>177059

found the other badge, not the best pic of it though.

>> No.177102
File: 88 KB, 640x480, 2012-02-13 21.38.54.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I made this for a friend last valentines day.

Rough, but still, I think it looks awesome.

>> No.177104 [DELETED] 

>>177102
>giving a gift to a friend on valentines day

fucking beta kid

>> No.177143
File: 346 KB, 800x533, in_case_of_zombies_right.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I always been a fan of this one.

>> No.177159
File: 17 KB, 250x250, ishiggitydiggity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>making an "in case of zombies" box
>2012
>not using a nugget

>ishygddt

>> No.177168

>>176864
>>176873
>>176878
>>177104
>kid kid kid kid kid kid kid kid

>>>/b/

>> No.177170

>>177102

Nice spelling 'Zombeis" wrong. Other than that, neat.

>> No.177176

>>177170
What? Zombies is spelled right. The B is a little fucked up though, I'll give you that.

>> No.177248
File: 12 KB, 250x250, Costanza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>177159

>2012
>not using an SKS

>> No.178041

> 2012
> Still making "In case of zombie box"
> Should be making "In case of Kony box"

>> No.178120

Wouldn't use shotgun unless in close combat. Rather use Ruger 10/22 instead. Cheap, easy to come by (most EVERY gun store), ammo is readily available, semi-auto, banana cartridges, one to the head will do them in. You can customize it hundreds of ways and scopes are available. Great for clearing out an area during or after escape, even at close range it can do you proud. Very durable, and will last you through wear and tear. And zombie brain matter everywhere. Shotguns take more to load and it's harder to find ammo, not to mention recoil is a bitch when killing zombies. Sure, if you have crap aim, this could be very helpful, but honestly there's no point in going with this if you can take the former option.

>> No.178122

>>>/sci/4475539

>> No.178136 [DELETED] 

>>178120
i love it when kids talk about shit they have no idea about and act as if they are experts.

so god damn funny watching you make a fool of yourself. keep goingtalented /diy/er#44; its hilarioustalented /diy/er

>> No.178138 [DELETED] 

i love it when kids talk about shit they have no idea about and act as if they are experts.

so god damn funny watching you make a fool of yourself. keep going, its hilarious ki­d

>> No.178232

>>178120

I agree with this, but I myself take my 10/22 out way to much. So I am putting my shotgun in the case instead. Plus my shotgun only cost me 160 bucks, so I am more then okay with putting it in the case for the display piece. Plus living in an urban setting, a shotgun would be nice. I would probably go with my AR 15, tuck my shotgun in my rucksack, let my wife carry my 10/22.

>> No.178233 [DELETED] 

>>178232
you have no idea what your talking about ki­d, just as the other retard your replying to ki­d

>> No.178236

>>178232

I probably have more idea what I am talking about then you do.

>> No.178239

Wallmart sells them, but our site sucks. Just coax a friend for used shells, or a listing on kijijiji.

>> No.178244 [DELETED] 

>>178236
>AR 15, tuck my shotgun in my rucksack

you sure do ki­d, you sure do

fucking retards spewing shit they know nothing about.

>> No.178265

>>178244

Yeah, you tuck the shotgun gun into the ruck sack, leaving the handle exposed for easy access. Do you have any military experience? If you did, then you would know why I would prefer to do that.

>> No.178268

>>178265
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA get a load of this ki­d thinking he can carry ammo for both firearms as well as both of them at the same time

jesus chirst ki­d stop playing so many video games ki­d

>> No.178269

Who gives a flying fuck about who knows what about firearms?

It's for a goddamn show case, there's not going to be any damned zombies you gormless faggots, piss off back to /k/

>> No.178274

>>178268

You just proved my point buddie. >>178244

That is one reason for a pistol grip shotgun moron. So it is small enough that is can be tucked away in ones ruck sack, but still there for easy access. I can easily see you have not served any time in the military. If you have, then you would know this is not rare for infantry to do this. When it comes to door breaching, running up and giving a good kick will do the trick, but some times that is not the case, so a shotgun will be deployed, aiming at the hinges and then right above the lock, followed by a good kick. High chances are you're a no gun fag, the only experience you have with a fire arm is from playing call of duty. Also I served my eight yrs in the Marine Corps, I left with a MOS of 0321 (You should go look that up, seeing as you have no clue what that is) Avg rucksack for us was around 80-90 pounds. Usually each one of us carrying 8-10 mags with 30 rounds in each.

Also I can easily tell you are young, if you were not, then you would not be saying "Kid this andtalented /diy/erthat" That or you're just immature.....Probably just immature adult, one who just stays at home all day surfing 4chan, with no real life or friends. You probably still live with your parents too......very sad.
Well OP, I hope you found every thing you want, hope the box looks good. Off to work, bye.

>> No.178275

>>178269
>doesnt even understand whats being talked about

nice going ki­d

>> No.178277

>>178274
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OHH WOW ARE YOU FOR REAL?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHH jesus christ ki­d you really do have no idea what your talking about

way to go making up a bunch of shit then googling the rest of your post to make it seem like you know what your talking about but in reality your some ki­d who plays video games

go on ki­d, post your supposed firearms with a timestamp, i dare you ki­d

you wont though, calling it now, because you dont own any, ki­d.

>> No.178279

>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
>>178269
agreed

>> No.178314
File: 28 KB, 355x520, 1327075268969.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT:talented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkidtalented /diy/erkid

>> No.178328

>>178314
>cant say ki­d

how pathetic, ki­d

>> No.178404
File: 52 KB, 700x355, 2012-03-16-Strip_186_Omitting_Details_web.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>178274

Recon? Recon Recon?

We got an Operator over here gentleman! Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator Operator!

>Pic related- it's Friday's Terminal Lance

>Also, implying this nigger was a Marine

>> No.178406

>>178404
What the fu­ck d­id you just fu­cking say about me, you little bit­ch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fu­ck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fu­cking words. You think you can get away with saying that sh­it to me over the Internet? Think again, fu­cker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fu­cking dead,talented /diy/er I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little sh­it. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fu­cking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you godd­amn idiot. I will s­hit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fu­cking dead, kiddo.

>> No.178410

Why are there such pathetic little trolls on a do it yourself board? Seriously? The people falling for it are bad enough but anyone that uses the word &quottalented /diy/erquot; is either retarded or trolling and hence should be ignored. So please for the sake of the rest of the board stop fucking replying.

>> No.178418

>>178406
>gorilla warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYyv-iLmRY
is this you?

>> No.178419

>>178410
>>178410
only ki­ds get upset when called a ki­d, ki­d. get over it ki­d.

>> No.179464
File: 18 KB, 450x208, muzzelite-Ruger_10-22.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lololololololol
Go use a real gun and come back to /diy/
Ruger 10/22 ftw
May not pack away easily, but makes up for it in versatility. Shotgun = LOL. Who the fuck cares about being able to put in a sack? SRSLY? Rather be able to swing it across my back. Small = less ammo storage, less ammo storage = more frequent refills. A good banana mag in a long rifle will easily give you 20-30 shots. When you're only going to do in one zombie at a time with a shotgun, there's no point. Even if you manage to get 4 in one shot, how many shots will you get in?

Ruger - every store, easily $100. $50 shotgun = you're zombie chow, good luck. You can easily mount a Ruger in a case with magazines, ammo in cases, and a nice sling to keep it handy. I got my Ruger with scope $150 at Cabela's. Filled out form, gave em my money, and walked out with my gun in hand same day. Same hour.

Best part is, you'll have plenty of room seein as the ammo is a fraction the size of shots and it's not near as bulky (lest you want it to be). And guess what? Designs, designs, designs. This can be one of THE most badass guns people ever see if you put effort and money into it. I've seen people make these into things that look like they're from COD. Just look at the pic. I'd pick this gun over a shotgun ANY day of the week.

>> No.179477

>>178406
so you can fight large primates?
moron.

>> No.179626
File: 15 KB, 450x338, Mosin_Nagant_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>176821

/k/ here. Get a real shotgun or rifle to put in it. There are cheap ones to choose from.

For a shotgun, get a Harrington & Richardson single-shot 12 gauge. I got mine for $100, and frankly I overpaid by about $10. Not sure how short Canadian law will allow you to chop the barrel if you want it to be the size of your pic.

For a rifle, get a beat-up Mosin Nagant (pic related). It's a Russian bolt-action rifle (you probably saw a slew of them in Enemy at the Gates). A beat-up one will cost you $60, and a nice one will cost you $100. A favorite thing for Russian bandits to do was make it into an "obrez" (Russian for "chopped), in which they saw off the buttstock and chop the barrel to less than a foot long.

With this solution, you have a legitimate home defense weapon hanging on your wall if you're willing to break the glass. They're both legal for Canada.