[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 7 KB, 236x162, Bmt2n[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1701824 No.1701824 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys, not very /diy/-savvy here, so bear with me. Having just moved in to a new apartment, there's a large, blank wall that I want to put a quote on in very large text (ie letters in the 4-8" range). What would be the best way to do this? I'm not worried about losing my security deposit or getting in trouble with the apartment complex, so my first instinct is to just get some paint and write it myself. Wanted to check with you guys first, though, in case there was a less retarded way to do it. I'm fine with a budget of $40-60 dollars.

>> No.1701835

can't help you out with the execution of this thread, just here to call you a rebbit faggot. writing gay ass words on your wall is super fucking gay. words written by a jew none the less.

>> No.1701854

>>1701835
I'm sorry I've offended you. I find the quote inspiring, and I want to remind myself of its sentiment every day. Maybe if you focused more on the things that inspire you you'd be less hostile and angry.

>> No.1703556

>>1701824
Depends on how you want it to look afterwards. If you don't care how it looks, just spray paint it on. If you DO care, print out some stenciles of the letters in the font of your choice and use those to spray paint it.

>> No.1703570

>>1701824
what you really need, bub, is a fucking designer.

>> No.1703590

>>1701824
Print out the letters 1 or 2 per sheet, cut them out, use rubber cement or a glue stick and attatch to wall like a crazy person (there will be no way to get all the letters perfectly straight, if that is the type of thing that bothers you)
Alternativly, use the papers you cut the letters out from, align and tape them together neatly, then spray paint as >>1703556 suggested

>> No.1703606

>>1701824
go to michaels, buy a set of stencils, use them to paint the lettering with a brush

don't use spray paint like these mongs are saying, spray paint will look like shit and get all over the fucking place

if you have a cricut or knockoff you can cut your own stencils out of cardboard, but a set of stencils is like $2-$12 and a cricut is like $200 and will be a lot of work screwing with it compared to just buying a stencil set.

plus the stencil sets will already be curated for fonts that are actually usable as stencils rather than shitty conversions some idiot posted online that ends up not holding shape because it's not rigid enough to actually use.

>> No.1703607

>>1703606
or, if you want a calligraphy like effect, just use an angled sponge brush and freehand it

>> No.1703609

>>1701824
Find a buddy that has a projector
Project this image on wall from laptop
Paint what you see

>> No.1703615

Go to a either local sign shop or a franchise like "fast signs" you can give them the font and size and color and they will print it out in vinyl, you will be able to easily apply and also take off when you move. Make sure you get all dust off of wall when applying though

>> No.1704712

Any update faggot?