[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 7 KB, 210x230, st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1584824 No.1584824 [Reply] [Original]

>be me young and stupid
>smartidea.avi
>decide to start fixing things myself to save money
>end up spending more money on tools than I thought
>I tell myself it will be worth it that's all the tools I need
>starts project
>fucksitup.fuck
>spend more money on tools to fix fuck up
>regrets ever having idea to fix things myself

Why can't I ever succeed at anything. I should have just hired a professional to do the job now I'm spending more money on buying tools I might not use often someone PLEASE give me words of encouragement before I kill myself

>> No.1584825

What's the problem bro, tradie here I can help, we are all in this together

>> No.1584827

>>1584825
Well long story short I went from needing an alignment to needing to replace the right tie rod

>> No.1584829

>>1584825
And I'll still need the alignment

>internalscreaming.jpg

>> No.1584831

>>1584829
Damn, sorry bud, cars are not my thing, seems tricky, alignment is everything I reckon

>> No.1584833

>>1584829
It is like $150 bucks max for a four wheel alignment and half that for two wheels. Why did you even try?

>> No.1584835

That'll happen. Cars can be a bitch sometimes. I'll do pretty much any auto work myself except putting tires on wheels and alignments. The specialized tools arn't worth the hassle.

Tie rods can be a bitch sometimes too if you don't have an air hammer to drive them out of the knuckle. Hopefully you live side place nice and it's not all rusted together.

>> No.1584871

>>1584835
This. Then after most tasks in this area you usually have to put it on the rack anyways or buh bye rubbers.

>> No.1584922
File: 574 KB, 1875x1486, 03fbec3fdbe714625bbf2cc639f1f4d0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584824
>>1584827
>>1584829
>cars
Ah. Well there's your problem.

Cars are fucking dumb. A big reason for this is because there's a huge lack of standardization between them. Without looking right now, what kind of headlight does your car use? Unless you're a car buff, you don't know. And that's perfectly okay. That's why there's always a huge book hanging next to the headlights section in auto stores, covering which car makes, models, version variants, and etc. use which headlights. And that's just for headlights. There's also books for windshield wipers, batteries, oils, tires, filters, and basically every other normal routine maintenance bullshit thing the average person needs when visiting literally any store that has an auto section. You need those books there because each car is a fucking special little snowflake design nightmare, down the smallest little fucking detail.

By comparison, do you think your hard drive, no matter what kind it is, who made it, what model, etc, would work in my computer? Of course it would. That's because they're standardized. You don't need to check a fucking spreadsheet to verify if it will.

So when you ask, "Why do I suck at fixing cars?" the answer should be obvious. It's because they suck at making cars. If just buying the right lightbulb is a lot of unnecessarily complicated bullshit, then why are you surprised if it's nothing but yet more unnecessarily complicated bullshit when taking on larger repair projects? It's nothing but trade secrets all the way through.

I know a guy who can completely take apart a Ford Aerostar and put it all back together in fantastic working condition, and has done so on AT LEAST 3 different Ford Aerostars. But when asked if he could take a look at a Cadillac, he's at a loss. He only knows Aerostars. That's how fucked up cars are. Mastering one is only mastering one.

(tbc)

>> No.1584924
File: 1.39 MB, 2737x2253, e3439d56bd53d1b0733f5ee9a70bd552.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584922
(cont.)
Here's the truth. Cars are a massive waste of time and money. The vast majority of us don't need one these days. It's society and businesses that are all too happy to let us go on thinking we do. Unless you commute or specifically make money from your car, e.g. taxi, uber, lyft, goods transport, pizza boy, etc., or you live/work in a rural/underdeveloped area, then you don't need one.

My car insurance for a full year was about $550. Bus rides in my area are $0.25. That's already cheap, but I could get a bus pass, which is $5 and good for 25 trips, which works out to $0.20 a trip. But because I'm poor, I actually get a "half fare" which is $0.10.

If we do some math, we can see what the bus would cost for someone working full time. (($0.20*2 trips)*5 days a week)*52 weeks a year = $104 a year. If you qualify for half fare, it's only $52 a year. From car insurance ALONE, I save about $500 a year. How much do you spend on car insurance every year? Are you sure there isn't anything else you would rather spend that money on?

While this is only for me and my area, unless you're spending $3-4 a day on bus fare, I fail to see how a car could ever possibly be cheaper.

>b-b-but not every place in the world has buses...
Ugh. While objectively true, that's still a weak excuse widely used by lazy people. I grew up in the military and I've lived in many different countries, and nearly all of them had bus routes. Even tiny farming communities in rural Korea had pubic buses and that was 25 years ago. Not bothering to learn the bus routes isn't a good enough reason to pretend you're in an underdeveloped area. Stop being lazy, get on google or open a phonebook, and get a map from the public transportation office in your area. Or you can keep blowing ungodly amounts of money on the upkeep of some terribly designed piece of shit that you will never get your money back on and will breakdown and need to be serviced at least once every couple of years. It's up to you.

>> No.1584927

>>1584922
>I know a guy who can completely take apart a Ford Aerostar and put it all back together in fantastic working condition, and has done so on AT LEAST 3 different Ford Aerostars. But when asked if he could take a look at a Cadillac, he's at a loss. He only knows Aerostars.
he may be retarded, i work on literally anything and don't really run into any problems i can't figure out, cars from the 20s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s all the way to fresh off the lot and i rarely run into issues, japanese, euro and american.
Also, buses are for niggers you dumb nig

>> No.1584932
File: 966 KB, 300x227, lol.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584927
>yue dom kneggir
>uew sayv mon knee
>yew duhm
-a tripfag

Yeah, maybe you're right. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a few extra grand a year to spend on cool and fun shit. Have fun with your cars! HAHAHA!

>> No.1584936

>>1584932
>a few extra grand
Wow.... interesting life you live
Do you happen to live in africa or are you a neet and a g is a large number to you?

>> No.1584939

>>1584922

pretty much this:

>>1584927

protip guy, literally everything in a vehicle from its headlights to its fuel pump have a tag with the parts information on it. first thing i do when i get to the part in question is pull out phone and start googling every number sequence on it, whether it be casted on the part itself, or stickered on. very very rarely do i find something that has no information on it, and i fuck with a ton of shit in a day. heavy equipment, commercial transport, agricultural, automotive, road maintenance and construction, hvac

the only shit i regularly cant find info on is the street/runway broom shit. lot of it is 40 years old and from quebec

never been on a bus in my life, my town doesnt and likely never will have public transport. no demand i guess since theres like two basketball americans that live here that i know of.

>> No.1584940
File: 81 KB, 700x393, selfie_20171113_190322.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584936
>a few extra grand
>few extra grand
>extra grand
>extra
>"hoo wood whant moore??"
Attention whores these days...

>> No.1584945

>>1584940
Life is meant to he enjoyed, do you enjoy spending an hour or two on the bus every day?
How valuable is your time?
Must not be very valuable considering all the data you've given us in this thread.
You sacrifice luxuries for a small savings and dont even consider the loss of time as well, and the loss of convenience to be able to drive to where you please when you please.

Basically your time is worthless, just like you

>> No.1584965
File: 12 KB, 206x213, 1532333235717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584945
>spending an hour or two on the bus every day
You've never been on a public bus, have you?

>"luxuries"
>cars
>staring at the road
>uncomfortable
>only entertaining thing to do is listen to music
>idiots
>cops
>idiots
>road rage
>idiots
>""""""""""luxuries""""""""""

>be able to drive to where you please
Sure. Here's a list of places you can drive to right now:
-gas station
-autozone
-mechanics
-tire and lube
-auto body
-DMV
-car insurance office
-towtruck office
-police station to pay various vehicle related fines
>"BUH YEW SAY VEN SEW MUSH TIEM EFF YUE OHN AH KAWR!"
>""""""""""saving time""""""""""
Can you imagine saying this and actually being serious?

>your time is worthless, just like you
-a tripfag

In all seriousness, if you want to blow money on those things, then that's your business. I'm not your daddy. It's not my job to talk sense into you and make sure you're going down the right path in life. All I can do is laugh at you when you still think you're coming out ahead when making this obviously wrong decision, especially when someone flatout spoonfeeds you the right choice. You do you.

>>1584939
>if you deal with shit then it's not so bad when you deal with shit
Come on, man. You know there's a lot more involved there than simply knowing part numbers. Besides the point is the vast majority of people don't have to deal with cars, with taxis/ubers/lyfts and public transit having evolved to the point it is now. And those who don't have these options could get them if we flushed this whole "buses are only for niggers" mindset. There's a stigma that gets associated with people who ride the bus and that's why there's not more of a demand. Drop the stigma and we get better public transit. Pretty easy stuff.

>my town doesnt and likely never will have public transport
Where do you live?

>> No.1584966
File: 165 KB, 720x1280, image42.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584965
>>be able to drive to where you please
>Sure. Here's a list of places you can drive to right now:
>-gas station
>-autozone
>-mechanics
>-tire and lube
>-auto body
>-DMV
>-car insurance office
>-towtruck office
>-police station to pay various vehicle related fines
You know which one you forgot, definitely because it doesn't apply to you, friends houses.

Stay cucked and reply to me again

>> No.1584969

>>1584966
>friends houses
>DARE MIE FRINS
>DAY TOLL MIE SEW
>ET DOHNT MAT TUR EF EYEM PAIEN DEM FUR SECKS
>DAY MIE FRINS
Wooo lad...

>> No.1584970
File: 1.87 MB, 4000x2667, DSC01931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584965
>>1584966
You wanna know where I actually go with my cars and trucks?
My friends houses
Shooting with my friends
Off roading and exploring the desert with my friends
Hiking with my friends
Exploring abandoned mines with my friends
To bars with my friends
To my boyfriends house whenever I please
To other states a a moments notice, which I do often
To the dirt bike tracks to ride my bikes
And lastly, to your mom's house to fuck her right in the pussy
REPLY TO ME AGAIN.

>> No.1584973

>>1584969
Why are you typing like that? Just greentext their arguments and leave it at that. Its just difficult to read

>> No.1584974

>>1584970
>EYE DEW AH BON SHA FAWN STAWF!
Yes, very good. Now imagine having more money to do even more fun stuff! Instead of doing it sometimes, you can do it even more! Do you see how that works?

Btw, your mom's house is on the bus line. A bus line for the line at the front door of your mom's house.

>> No.1584975

>>1584973
>Why are you typing like that?
Because sometimes it's so easy, I have to do other stuff to make it interesting.

>> No.1584986
File: 2.08 MB, 1536x2048, 20190105_222711.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584974
I only work 3 days a week and I'm still able to manage having 9 cars and trucks, AND going exploring and shooting every week with my buds.

What in your opinion is more fun than going thousands of feet into a mountain with a half dozen of your closest buddies?
Reply to me again btw
>hello uber I'd like to go out into the desert with the friends I dont have on the roads you wont travel on
>oh-o ok I guess ill just stay home and play video games alone I guess

>> No.1584993

You're gaining experience that will last you a lifetime. And it's not only about the issue at hand; you're also learning to work with materials and tools. Next time you will be fixing something similar, you will have much, much better idea of what to do.
But learn from this shitty part of the deal:
>think before you buy
>think before you cut/drill/bend/do irreversible damage

Look at me, I bought an old turntable for 20$, had to buy belt and stylus for 40$, had to replace a spring, and that fucker still sucks ass because the tonearm is balanced using a shitty screw and I can't do it, I just can't and I'm tired of it. But I learned my lesson and got some experience on the way.

>> No.1584996

>>1584965

near the yukon border, british columbia, canada

>> No.1585018

>>1584993
I also like to cope with my failures and monetary loss by claiming I've gained experience. Incidentally, I have a lot of "experience"."

>> No.1585026

>>1585018
Well, if you're not a slobbering retard, you won't do the same /diy/ mistake twice.

>> No.1585031

>>1585018

better than sitting around crying huffing your own farts all day

>> No.1585102

>>1584924
It's not that straightforward. You save a lot of time by having a car. That may be worth it to you or not. It is also convenient. I remember walking home with groceries back in the day. It wasn't great. Also, you are potentially either transferring the savings into increased housing costs or relegating yourself into the ghetto. That is my situation right now. It is a little less than half an hour of a drive to work right now. But that would be two hours on public transit assuming I drive to the transit center and park. Though to begin with I'm not even sure if they have service that will get me there in time since I need to be at work at 6 am. I could move closer to work but it is both more expensive and much more ghetto.

>> No.1585107

Also this thread degenerated rapidly.

>> No.1585347

>>1584924
what if i want to go somewhere the busses dont run? or leave the city? or just want to be in control of where i go and when i go there?

what the fuck kind of urban pussy are you?

>> No.1585383
File: 226 KB, 412x338, Quite talented.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584922
>>1584924
I'm confused; do you prefer to go by Dunning, Kruger, or both?

>> No.1585470
File: 54 KB, 584x584, cart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1584986
I don't even know what your argument is anymore.

>I have some money
>I love the woods
>I love spending hours walking, that's why I own a car
>taxi drivers would be nervous of trips to the woods... until they actually see you loading hiking gear into the car
>I love spending tons of time in seclusion with a bunch of dudes
>"hey look guys! more trees!"
>"who wants another warm, flat brewski!"
>you probably like relaxing with movies, games, and other fun stuff
Yeah, I don't know what to say. To my knowledge, that's probably all true, so... I guess you got me there...? Congrats?

>>1584996
I looked up different options for getting around in some of those areas. One of the first options was "seaplanes". Then it warned me about grizzly bear attacks.

>>1585102
>groceries
See pic. They're great.

>I commute
See: >>1584924
>Unless you commute
Though many do, a lot don't and they could be using public transit instead. It's not for everybody but there are still a lot who don't use it when they could because they're too lazy to look into it or are afraid of being labeled this or that or being without a car/becoming dependent on buses. Fear and laziness is the problem and if public transit would to be used more often, it would grow and become more available. I hope to someday see public transit grow so large it could be used to connect cities.

>>1585107
>this thread degenerated rapidly.
Welcome to 4chan. It's impossible to stay on topic and don't ever expect anybody to actually read anything.

>>1585347
>"urban pussy"
>clearly afraid of niggers
>"pussy"

>>1585383
>Dunning, Kruger
How could I be both? And what you implying? That I'm one of two psychiatrists who helped better define an error in judgment coming from an improper view of one's own self or others? Or is it that you suck at coming up with ways to call someone condescending? Do you go by Hoc or Ad? In either case, you must go back.

>> No.1585478

>>1585102
Also:
>I need to be at work at 6 am
Many people do. The buses in my area run that early. But this would depend on your area.

>> No.1585564

>>1585470
Holy shit you're astoundingly stupid. I doon't own a car and it's fycking awful, even though I'm in a situation where not having a car should be relatively good.
I take public transit to get to work. I live in a metro area that has relatively good piblic transit services. It takes me 75 minutes by bus and light rail to do a commute that my coworkers can do in 25 minutes, even in bad traffic.
Whether I can buy groceries is completely dependent on the weather. Your faggy carts don't work so well when there's a foot of snow on the ground.
Hiking is a relaxing pastime that many people enjoy, that requires a remote place far from heavily populated areas. I can see why you wouldn't understand that, seeing as you clearly never go more than 3 miles from your front door.

>> No.1585571
File: 33 KB, 320x287, why bother.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw it's another /o/ gets baited by a /b/ tier troll thread

>> No.1585622
File: 28 KB, 695x316, Not_sure_if_serious.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1585564
>you're astoundingly stupid
>doon't own a car
>fycking awful
>piblic transit
I don't get it. Is this a joke post? Do they not have schools in the north pole?

I don't own a car. I take public transit and taxis/ubers/lyfts everywhere. I'm seriously about to get groceries in 3 hours. I'm sorry they haven't installed any sidewalks on pluto, but here on earth, those carts do just fine in the snow. Try dragging, not pushing.

>> No.1585635

>>1584986
cringe desu

>> No.1585646
File: 84 KB, 960x1280, IMG_20190403_045433_647.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1585635
Reply again

>> No.1585653

>>1584827
replacing a tie rod (inner or outer) is easier than doing an alignment

>> No.1585655

>>1584835
>Tie rods can be a bitch sometimes too if you don't have an air hammer to drive them out of the knuckle
its called a 3lb ball peen you weakling

>> No.1586220

>>1585470

>One of the first options was "seaplanes". Then it warned me about grizzly bear attacks.

pretty accurate. bears are faggots

>> No.1586221

>>1585655

>fixed his moms civic once and now thinks hes an authority on ball joint replacement

try doing something 1 ton plus with your little hammer

>> No.1586302

>>1584970
>To the dirt bike tracks to ride my bikes

>> No.1586395

>>1585470

>I hope to someday see public transit grow so large it could be used to connect cities.
You just invented trains.

Also I completely agree with what you're saying.

>> No.1586398

>>1586221
>try doing something 1 ton plus with your little hammer
why? i dont drive a Mack truck. i will never need to work on a big rig, and 90% of people are the same. we drive normal cars and fix them to the best of our ability. autist

>> No.1586430

>>1584827
>Well long story short I went from needing an alignment to needing to replace the right tie rod

Just stop being an autist and take your car in to a mechanic for an alignment, when it comes to brakes, sparkplugs, fuel system, thats something I'll normally /diy/

>> No.1586535

>>1586430
>Just stop being an autist and take your car in to a mechanic for an alignment

OP here
I can't you dunce. The tie rod is loose. I need to replace it and unless I wanna die (which I do) I won't be able to drive it until I fix it

>> No.1586545

>>1584975
jesus christ this guy

>> No.1586554

>>1585470
has to be bait

>> No.1586660

>>1586395
>>I hope to someday see public transit grow so large it could be used to connect cities.
>You just invented trains.
lol True. I guess in that case, I hope to someday see public trains grow literally at all in the states so they can connect cities here. They're nearly non-existant and we're all so fucking spread out here. That's something many foreigners, mostly from europe, can't possibly understand about the states. Having everything spread out this much, and having huge sections being either residential or commercial, really has a big impact on many different aspects of a person's life. People need jobs, food, healthcare, and other resources. It's just all very badly designed when you get down to it.

>> No.1587067

>>1584824

Beer helps. And there is no such thing as to many tools or to much garage / storage place.

>be me
>sears card for appliances
>ooooh tools!
>buys $300 shitbox kit of cordless tools with nickel batteries.
>use like 4 times
>batteries trash
>fuck...

Figured i will make them lithium pawered. That was 2 years ago. Last month i got the same exact set at a garage sale for 8 bucks. Then yesterday a guy gave me ANOTHER of the same set with junk batteries. And upon asking a buddy if he needed one of my 18 drills or saws when i get it fixed this motherfucker hands me half or so OF THE SAME SET.

Now i have half a pickup load of cordless powertools that were headed for the dump and a shit ton of 18650 cells incomming.

Bet yall $1,000 the first time i need a saw i won't get it to work

Life sucks

>> No.1587088

>>1584924
public transportation is unusable outside of New York unless you're so poor you can't afford anything else.
Enjoy your daily encounters with drug addicts and niggers.
And god forbid you're a young woman who cares about her looks and figure, the public transport system would eat you alive.

>> No.1587175

>>1587088
>>>1584924
>And god forbid you're a young woman who cares about her looks and figure, the public transport system would eat you alive.

Those bitches love the attention. I'm sure they'd be begging for someone to fuck them if nobody paid them attention

>> No.1587241
File: 46 KB, 776x602, 1328486252833.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1587088
>unusable outside of New York
>unless you're poor
What? Does public transit only allow poor people on? And why does only new york make an exception for the rich?

>only drug addicts and niggers
-a retard from the south
You're just mad because the buses don't accept confederate dollars anymore.

>never any hot chicks
Faggot, I see titties, cleavage, and ass every day. I'm close to giving a shit about smart phones just so I can record all of it. Go to like any voyeur porn site. It's 90% videos and pictures taken on nude beaches and trains/buses. That's how great it is. You're straight up retarded. But I guess in your defense, I would never see any hot chicks if I lived in the south too.

>> No.1587260

>>1584824
Diy'ing is like cooking. Never buy a unitasker for a meal. Stretch your dollar when you can , lend out and borrow for when you and others can't. It's best to find a friend in the same boat as you , who will share tools with you.

>> No.1587332

>>1587260
Shieeeettttt I'm screwed I don't have friends

>> No.1587975

>>1584970
>boyfriends house
>fuck mom in pussy

>homosex

>> No.1587977

>>1584824
recently I fixed my washing machine. saved me 400 euros or so for a new one.

>> No.1588095
File: 186 KB, 400x349, 1552317278782.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1587241

>> No.1590411

>>1584824
Ok-as the owner of 4 chevys let me tell you. You need those tools. The first time is the worst time. I’ve broken stuff before but as a whole-80 percent of my jobs are a first time success. Tie rods are a pain yes. Best to jack up the control arm with a 2x4 under the tie rod nut and hit the knuckle with a hammer. They’ll pop. First time is the worst time. Don’t worry about it. At least you didn’t pull your tv cable and blow a transmission.

>> No.1590545

>>1584965
Ironically he has the time to be this SEETHING and type because...you guessed it
he's on a bus

>> No.1590568

>>1590545

what if god was one of us

just a faggot on a bus

>> No.1590679
File: 770 KB, 640x480, seethward.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1590545
>giving a single fuck about phones
>spending money on a laptop
lol no.

I typed it from home. I have time to do that because I didn't have to go to:
-gas station
-autozone
-mechanics
-tire and lube
-auto body
-DMV
-car insurance office
-towtruck office
-police station to pay various vehicle related fines
-etc

But even if I did type it on the bus, what's your point, retard? I have more free time? Wow, what a burn. You sure showed me. Now I feel real dumb about not owning a car.

>SEETHING
Projection. Enjoy questioning your decision.

>> No.1590682
File: 174 KB, 500x744, 1553040700794.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1590679
The buses are filled with homeless and human garbage.

T. So cal native. Maybe you just fit in.

>> No.1590702
File: 38 KB, 400x267, a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1590682
>"only for niggers, etc"
>clearly hasn't been on a bus
>clearly hasn't read the rest of the thread
Whatever, retard. It's your life, you can live it as stupidly as you want.

>> No.1590719

>>1590702
>op proves hes not only a faggot but also a nigger, still making the same arguments

>> No.1591246

>>1590679
S E E T H I N G

E

E

T

H

I

N

G

>I take the bus everywhere, everyday, but that time obviously doesn't come anywhere close to all this car shit

'tism

>> No.1591258 [DELETED] 

>>1590679

if you werent a useless nigger you would be able to do 3 of those things yourself, and enjoy them

and all you have to do is not be a nigger and at least 3 more of those things only have to be done once a year if that

but i guess you would rather be one of those fruits that dye their hair, wear skinny jeans and haven't done anything /diy/ related in their lives

but at least you feel so at home on a bus with all the other useless tits

>> No.1591260 [DELETED] 

if you werent a useless nigger you would be able to do 3 of those things yourself, and enjoy them

and all you have to do is not be a nigger and at least 3 more of those things only have to be done once a year if that

but i guess you would rather be one of those fruits that dye their hair, wear skinny jeans and haven't done anything /diy/ related in their lives

but at least you feel so at home on a bus with all the other meatballs

>> No.1591261

>>1590679

but at least you feel so at home on a bus with all the other meatballs

>> No.1591452

>>1584993
The experience is a big part of it.

>trying to pull rear subframe off car
>long bolt going through control arm is completely seized
>take whole assembly to hydraulic press
>press out bolt
>bolt pops out but also bends the control arm to hell

We've all fucked shit up, it's worth it.