[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 387 KB, 694x521, deedlit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1537415 No.1537415 [Reply] [Original]

>neighbor starts cutting tree with chainsaw near my house

>> No.1537417

>>1537415

It could be worse. I live in a trailer park full of mexicans and I think every one owns a leaf blower, and there seems to be a competition to have the loudest one. I don't know if they remove the muffler or if it just rusted off, but for about three months in the fall there will be one running pretty much all day long every day. I've watched them, and instead of making a pile on a tarp and dragging it to the dump area, in like 20 seconds, they'll take five or 10 minutes to blow the pile across their lot, then go back and start over with the next pile.

>> No.1537422

>>1537417
do they run it rich like motorcycles to really feel the power?

>> No.1537463

Here’s a question that I’ve gotten mixed answers and anecdotes on.

You own the fence. You paid for it. It’s on your property. The tree is on neighbor’s property. Storm comes through and the tree falls through your fence. Who pays for rebuilding the fence? Who pays for the tree removal? Slightly different question. What about if a limb of the tree is rotted and falls off and smashes your fence. Is that the neighbor’s fault for neglecting to maintain the tree? I’m wondering about nature causing the tree to fall. If the neighbor sucks at cutting down trees and it falls on your fence they are responsible. I get that.

>> No.1537469
File: 435 KB, 1272x1568, malcolm_and_the_mattress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1537463

Be a good neighbor and fix your own damn fence and take care of the tree parts that God decided you should own. If your neighbor is not an asshole he will either help or will offer to pay something. If your neighbor is an asshole it's best to just avoid him, especially if he starts leaving a mattress beside your dumpster.

>> No.1537483

>>1537417
>leaf blowers start
>anxiety kicks in
didn't know they had mexican trailer parks in Canada

>> No.1537626

>>1537463
>Storm comes through and the tree falls through your fence. Who pays for rebuilding the fence?
Neighbor.
>Who pays for the tree removal?
Neighbor.
>What about if a limb of the tree is rotted and falls off and smashes your fence. Is that the neighbor’s fault for neglecting to maintain the tree?
Yep.
Also, you are allowed to saw off any limbs that hang over the property line.

>> No.1537648

>>1537463
This >>1537626

After Irma came, this hermit guy who lived next to me had a big tree in his yard fall over and hit other boomer snow bird neighbor’s hod rod painted mailbox. Holy shit did all of these boomers make a big deal about how hermit guy needed to buy snowbird a new mailbox. Thank god the new mailbox doesn’t have flames.

Also a small tree of mine fell onto the fence and fucked up hermit guy’s fence. But his fence was rotting and I don’t think he ever even noticed. I just went into his yard when he wasn’t home and chopped the tree up and never heard shit.

>> No.1539712

>>1537469
Seeing liberals defend the guy yelling at the father son duo infuriates me. The guy literally yells at them that he's gonna kill them, then he gets a bat, and runs at the two, and then they use stand your ground and kill him. Then the dead guys wife has the audacity to post the video and try to frame the 2 as cold blooded murderers..... her husband was crazy... liberals nowadays

>> No.1539714

>>1537415
Go help him

>> No.1539852

>>1539712
That was honestly a clusterfuck situation, they're all retarded for different reasons
All over some shitty mattress