[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 344 KB, 1280x960, Photo0684.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
126492 No.126492 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone on /diy/ sell their own stuff? Have any experience with Etsy or similar sites?
I've done a few sales with people I know/people they know, but mostly I end up giving things away to people, which, as a great a way to make friends, with such positive responses I wonder if it wouldn't be better to try and sell some of the stuff I make instead of letting it sit around until someone's birthday or someone has a baby or something. How does it work with shipping? How do you decide prices/shipping fees?
For a little reference I mostly do crochet/knit items, sometimes stuffed animals. Pic is one that was made for a friend's almost 1yr old. Has withstood her and the washer...

>> No.126497

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong board for this and would appreciate direction to the appropriate one.

>> No.126719

>>126492
It's sorta the right board, but most of /diy/ is more hardcore than simple crafting. And I don't have any experience with Etsy either, but I hear it's hard to make any money without either hipster merchandise or a ton of internal networking.

>> No.126724

>>126719
I made a few hundred bucks under the old alchemy system. Couldn't make a living off it, though.

>> No.126731

>>126724
Old alchemy system? Care to elaborate?

>> No.127234

bumpety