[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 127 KB, 700x420, c700x420[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9986956 No.9986956[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I am making sushi for 8 dozen people at my mother's church tomorrow. My only problem is I don't speak Japanese and I am deathly allergic to rice. I thought about substituting the rice for raisins and just putting raisins and and raw fish in a blender and spraying the mixture directly onto the audience using my dad's pesticide sprayer (after washing it of course) but I'm told they don't allow diesel powered engines inside the church cafeteria.

So now I've got to come up with a plan B. Could I possibly freeze my raisin/salmon/avocado mixture and serve it in the form of sushi ice cones? Do you think they'd mind?

>> No.9986972

make poke

>> No.9987123

>>9986956
bring lot of sake before, they will become happy

>> No.9987131

>>9986956
Fuck it.
I think you should go with your original plan.
They will be so grateful to inhale that mixture that they'll make you an exception.

>> No.9987153

>>9986956
Then why did you get asked to make sushi?

end of the day, as long as you make good su-meshi (sushi rice) you're set. Then
>dip rice hand in cold water
>make a rice cube
>put wasabi and topping (salmon, tuna slice, omelette slice, beef slice) on with other hand
>squeeze into shape
>rinse and repeat

Maki-zushi is more of a fuckaround. Normal (nigiri) sushi is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Seriously though if you're THAT allergic to rice how the fuck did you get roped into making sushi? Literally make anything else. People won't fucking care.