[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 125 KB, 980x490, aisles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9694795 No.9694795 [Reply] [Original]

What's yours?

For me, it's people who take up a whole aisle with their carts

>> No.9694813

>>9694795
>1 open register
>10 ppl in line
>minimum of 5 minutes per customer because they're all paying with a chip card

>> No.9694832

Customers who get upset because I had to kill the bird that got in the store with the store pellet gun.

>> No.9694846

Not a peeve but a story.

>Be checking people out.
>Autism cart rolls up.
>Child is extremely fat. 250+ maybe 12 years old.
>Polishing off a family sized bag of chips.
>Think he's just an autistic fat kid.

No anon. He wasn't autistic. This child was a fully functioning spoiled train wreck of a human being.
The chips were just the start. Sodas were open. Half the donuts were eaten.
I was literally handed handfuls of food wrappers and Pokemon card wrappers.

They didn't have the cards he wanted so he told his mother to go to Toys R Us.
The mother said ok like it was the most natural thing in the world. This woman is literally killing her child by spoiling him. I seriously considered telling a manager to call cps or something.

>> No.9694878

>>9694813
im canadian and everybody just uses 'tap' here. nobody in america seems to use it (or even be aware that it exists)

>> No.9694892

When the store jester pours a whole gallon of milk on me from on top of the shelves.

>> No.9694899

>>9694795
>people that just paid and then stand in front of the cashier putting all their shit, slowly, back in their bags

Fuck those people. I have rammed them with my cart and like an idiot, I felt guilty about it then. But god damn am I glad I did it.

On the flip side, I live in Holland and more than half the cashiers are good looking. On top of that, they are almost always friendly and very flirty.

>> No.9694918
File: 736 KB, 2306x3000, tmp_32519-15104146013971760528015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9694795
>Old people who remember to start looking for their wallet at the last possible moment when the cashier tells them how much they need to pay
>I need to speak to a manager type of woman who is treating the cashiers like shit and making a scandal for some inane reason
I have put a lot of that last type in their place

>> No.9694979

>People who mess with bad carousel while bagging.
>Customers who call me by name. (It's just weird.)
>"Gawkers" (Customers who watch you bag without putting their stuff into the cart.)
>Customers who don't get their stuff until end of purchase.
>People who pay with more than 4-5 bills/coins. (I enjoy counting 100+ 1$ bills.)
>Customers who don't understand their own payment methods.
>Price checks. (I check every thing fuck these scamming fucks.)
>Left hand registers.
>people who park far away and inevitably leave their cart not in a corral.

>> No.9694997

The general lack of expediency and awareness, just like freeway driving. Speaking of which I have to share a great freeway story--you know how when they're doing construction, most people are aware and are like, "oh shit let me get into the proper lane"...but then arrogant prick fuck line cuttters zoom past and then whine like an adult baby to be let in?

Recently that was the case as per usual; I'm approaching the proper lane with a semi ahead. I let him go first, plenty of room to get fully squared in the lane. But he angles just enough to block the prick line cutting lane ON PURPOSE to block the prick crybaby line cutters. NOT ON MY WATCH! HAHAHAHA!!!! Back of the line you stupid fucks...It gave me the same feeling of enjoyment when someone fucks everything up behind you and not in front of you...deal with it bitches PEEEACEEE

>> No.9695013

>>9694795
smelly non-white people
goddamn sikhs and indians need to take a shower before they go out

>> No.9695027

i was a cashier for a couple summers in highschool and i've got a few gripes on the working side:

>using too many of those semi-opaque produce bags on your vegetables, making it impossible to read the codes
>getting mad when i touch your stuff
>being really specific about how you want your groceries bagged but still wanting me to do it
>giving me a hard time when i don't recognize the produce, ask if it's one of two similar-looking things (cilantro/italian parsley)
>making me go and find the code for the item from the bakery/bulk when it was your job
>asking for a refund on a 50cent piece of produce that YOU picked out

the best one:
>not having enough money and asking me to cover the difference

>>9694979
>>Customers who call me by name. (It's just weird.)
fuck thats a good one. one time i called the person 'customer' as a joke and they were not stoked. then another time some half-drunk girl did it and i called her 'cute girl' and she WAS stoked.

on the customer side
>when people stand in front of shit and act indignant when you say something
>not having enough cashes open
>the self-checkout supervisor running around (although i can see that being a really shit job, but it's still frustrating to sit there for 3 minutes when you accidently lean on the weighted bagging area

>> No.9695030

>>9694878
>just 'tap'
>doesn't matter if your grocery store supports it
>just tap bros
>why aren't people just tapping?

>> No.9695032

>>9695030
they do have it enabled. i used it out of reflex, it went through, and the cashier was like 'what? you can do that?'

>> No.9695038

>>9695032
you stupid cunt other countries don;t have the same payment system

>> No.9695044

>>9695038
i understand that not every country has the same system, but based on my (limited) experience, america does have the same system, but no one there uses it.

>> No.9695045
File: 1.22 MB, 440x300, 1463543592470.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9694795
>person brings me a 2 inch steak to cook on grill
>mfw 'well done and i need it in 10 minutes'

>> No.9695048

>>9694979
>People with WIC checks or food stamps that get nothing on the approved list

>> No.9695049
File: 30 KB, 607x647, IMG_0479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every time I go to HEB they have people with downs bagging groceries. I understand people don't want to have their retards chained to them 24-7 but this facade that they are capable of contributing to society needs to fucking leave. They make me uncomfortable and are a pain to deal with.

>> No.9695050

>>9695044
i haven't seen it here, except for Whole Foods

>> No.9695053

>>9695049
same at Safeway, the downies are always causing a scene and disrupting the flow but no one ever complains.

>> No.9695054

>>9695049
they dont really care about them contributing to society, they get mad right offs for employing tards m8

>> No.9695058

>>9695050
i saw a guy use apple pay when i was manning the register at my whole shits and it blew my tiny retarded mind
i got android pay and shit is so fun

>> No.9695064

>>9695054
Aw shit that's disgusting. Damn it we need more abortion rights.

>> No.9695070

>>9695064
righties will never allow it for us common folk bud
at least we can find out if our kids are gonna be downies, unless they get rid of our ability for checking that shit too

>> No.9695095

>>9694979
>>"Gawkers" (Customers who watch you bag without putting their stuff into the cart.)
I usually help, but it's kinda dumb to expect them to do anything, it is your job after all.

>> No.9695099

Customers who wait until the entire transaction is done, have the receipt in hand, and then go "Oh, I have some coupons I forgot to use, can I hold up your line for ten minutes?"

>> No.9695101

>>9695049
There's a tard who works at a local grocery chain here and he's actually a cool guy. He's definitely retarded but he makes little jokes and is quick at bagging groceries. They're not ALWAYS terrible workers.

>> No.9695102

>>9695064
>>9695070
>murder is okay
What if my kid gets cancer and I don't wanna take care of him anymore. Can I just shoot him?

>> No.9695104

>>9695099
As a customer, I've never seen this happen from any customer in front of me. It's rare. Deal with it.

>> No.9695109

>>9695101
>They're not ALWAYS terrible workers.
but they are mostly terrible

>> No.9695113

>>9695102
>expelling a mass of cells with no central nervous system or functioning brain is "murder" and equitable to killing a sapient human being

Why are you outside your retard containment board? >>>/pol/

>> No.9695121

>>9695102
Sperm is more alive than the bean that is aborted. It's self aware. Has purpose. It can smell.

>> No.9695126

>>9695102
Bit of a faulty analogy, cancer is treatable, and if not then the kid dies anyway. Meanwhile, Downs syndrome is permanent and the one having it is forever dependant on others.

>> No.9695135

>>9695095
It depends on the store and the setup.
I scan and bag and the customer is expected to take the bags from the carousel and put them into their cart. Most stores still use a 2 person setup with a dedicated bagger but mine does not.

>> No.9695141

>>9695135
how are customer supposed to know the minute bagging etiquette differences from store to store?

>> No.9695154

>>9695049
I have a couple HEB's around me but the closest and most convenient one has a bunch of lazy fucking morons working there. Not a single one of which looks a day over 18 of course.
You cannot buy any frozen meat/produce/ice cream at my local one because the employees are all so slow that everything thaws and refreezes by the time they re-stock.
It's very noticeable and I've actually considered contacting someone about it.

>> No.9695221

>>9694979
fuck off wagey

>> No.9695223

>>9695141
it's pretty obvious unless you're fucking autistic

>> No.9695235

>>9695030
Thats even better you idiot.

>cash machine doesn't support taping
>tap
>thank you for shopping here
>quickly leave
>enjoy your free groceries

>> No.9695262

>see thirsty qt3.14 soccer mom buying some cucumbers
>wont get to watch what she will do with them when she gets home
it tears me up inside every time

>> No.9695300

>>9695262
Just a salad, m8

>> No.9695324

>>9695235
>thinks that would actually work anywhere ever
>calls other people an idiot

>> No.9695363

>>9694846
eh sometimes the kid is just too far gone

>> No.9695585

>>9694795
>shop at costco
>people tasting free samples at ends of aisles *blocks your path* because they can't be assed to park their carts a few feet away
>same people tasting AND conversing while continuing to block your path after they have inhaled said samples
>people strolling through like it's a park and occupying two lanes in aisles
I don't even mind the kids anymore

>> No.9695882
File: 150 KB, 375x500, abandoned-carts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9695885
File: 42 KB, 300x375, xl-wide-load.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*blocks your path*

>> No.9695943

>grocery jesters

>> No.9695950

>>9695943
almost as bad as the mayo goblins

>> No.9695957

>>9695950
Reminds me of a story
>shopping at Kroger's one day, minding my own fucking business
>hear something fly off of the shelf behind me
>"Fuck, not today..."
>I turn my head to look at it and my face gets covered in mayo
>like how the clowns throw pie at people but with mayo
>hear footsteps running away

Still not the worst thing the jester has done, I got off lucky

>> No.9695978

I don't think this issue happens as often because grocery stores have updated the machines to be more efficient:
I used to hate it when I got done scanning and bagging an entire basket only for the customer to pull out one of those manufacturer coupons where you'd have to write-in the price of the product to get it free. And usually they'd do this on purpose to try to stiff the cashiers.
The stipulation was that they'd have to buy two products to get the third free, and they'd hope you would just not notice/get irritated looking and give them the free product regardless if they followed the rules.
The machine I cashiered on at the time was so old (I worked at the store in 2009 and these registers were from the late 90s) that I would have to manually scroll up and then determine what item gibberish the product was and guess the price. Or go through all the bags looking for the stupid products. If I had to tell them they didn't buy the right products and I couldn't honor the coupon, they'd start hollering at my ass until a manager came over. They'd get pissy if they tried to get an expensive product free (these coupons had money caps) and I had to tell them no.

It's not hard to give the coupons to the cashier first so they can be aware of what they're looking for, unless you're trying to be a rip off. It still peeves me if I'm behind one of these damn couponers in line and they start being fussy.

>> No.9695984

>>9694795
>take all my stuff with no issue
>got to the counter
>''Sir, do you have Faggot™ Card???? :DDDD''
>no, I don't
>''Would you like to create a Faggot™ Card right now???? :DDDDDD''
>no, I don't
>''Fugg, sir, it will take only a minute :DDDDD''
Fuck these stupid stores and their retarded cards.

>> No.9695986

>>9695978
I remember when I was a cashier I didn't give a fuck and just overrode every coupon to work unless it was incredibly obvious it wasn't correct.

Never got any shit for it from management either haha

>> No.9695989

>>9695984
For some stores you don't get the sale price unless you have the faggot card so it's worth getting one

>> No.9695992

>>9695986
The machine I worked on was so old that in order to override I had to blink my register light and wait for a customer care manager to come over with the damn override key.
If I had the power to override at the time, I would have for the majority. Though I admit some people were so nasty I didn't mind holding them up for the extra five minutes.

>> No.9695999

>>9695989
That's what they say, but I didn't want to make the post too long.
Fuck this shit and fuck your cards, faggot.
If I wanted to save money I would simply eat less.
These stores wouldn't be creating these cards if they were losing money for them. They have them because somehow they have figured that it makes more money for them.
I want nothing to do with this retarded jewish consumer manipulation. I just want to buy what I want with the price tag that is shown and move on.

>> No.9696043

>>9695999
>They have them because somehow they have figured that it makes more money for them.

It's not "somehow" anon, this is well known: When you get a card they give you a discount in exchange for being able to track your purchasing habits. That's what the card is for--it is used to track what you buy, which can't be done if you pay cash for obvious reasons, or with a credit card due to banking privacy laws. The card is an entry in their database that tracks what you buy. That data is what the stores use to figure out what items to stock and which to discontinue.

>> No.9696048

>>9695999
>>9696043
Not only for tracking but I think people misunderstand how the sales and coupons work

The way the sales and coupons work is that it's all recorded and the store reports the sales from sale items to the suppliers and then they are reimbursed by the suppliers.

In other words, everybody wins in this situation. Plus, paying their full retail or not getting something in return for paying full price is fucking asinine.

>> No.9696052

>>9696043
It's also simple psychology. If people believe they are getting more discounts at a particular store and have a card, they will more likely be repeat customers.
Also when they fill out the address and email info, circulars and ads are sent to them from that store.

>> No.9696056

>>9696052
It's not just psycological though. They literally ARE getting a discount. People are basically exchanging their purchasing history with the store in exchange for lower prices.

>> No.9696061

>>9696048
I am not even remotely interested into figuring out how these card benefit these companies. You just know that they do and that's it. Don't ever make these cards, never use them.
I have many theories to explain how they benefit them, and it really doesn't matter, you just don't want these fucking cards. Same reason why you avoid anything that is priced XX.99$

>> No.9696089

>>9696061
The best way I can try and explain this is that just because it benefits the store doesn't mean it screws you over. Thanks to their rewards I've never payed full price for gas in the last three years

>> No.9696129

>>9695049
When i worked at a grocery store we had a couple of them from a program, really nice people, sad they have the condition they did, i didn't mind them, better then most of the customers

>> No.9696130

>>9694997
this is not your blog. if you can't even remotely stay on topic, fuck off

>> No.9696133

As a guy who worked in a grocery store for 6 years, literally most things customers do are pet peeves. Here are some off the top of my head.
>Walk up to me and just ask a question like I'm google "Where's the X/Y/Z". At least say "hello".
>Being adamant that your pronunciation of a product is correct when I repeat what you said but as it's supposed to be said. Merlot is not pronounced "Mair-laht". Deal with it.
>Interrupting me helping another customer to ask for help. Wait your fucking turn you aren't more important than anyone else.
>Talking to another person in an extremely inconvenient location for everybody else (women are the worse offenders here) such as taking up an aisle or an entire popular display
>Breaking something and not notifying anyone and just walking away like you never did it. We know.
>Complaining about prices. I don't set them and I can't change them. The orderer sets the prices based on what price he can get on a good. Profit margins are very slim. This has to be one of the top 5 pet peeves.
>If it's 8PM and there's about 5 people in the store, feel free to start a monologue about your life. If we're busy, go away.
>Ask for something, I tell you we "unfortunately don't have it right now, I'm sorry", and then ask if we have any in the back. If the shelf is empty and I just TOLD YOU WE DON'T HAVE IT, then we don't have it.
>If we're out of a really common product of a specific brand, such as wanting Coors Light, and then complain. Just buy Bud Light or Miller Lite or literally any other light beer they all taste like watered down piss.
>Asking for an piece of food to be reduced just because it has one surface spot on it. Just pick another piece of fruit.
>Coming in at closing time and then shopping like normal. There's literally no way you couldn't have come in any time between opening and closing to shop? We want to go home and it's 20 minutes past close. Hurry up.
>Indians. Ask about 100 questions, then don't even buy anything

>> No.9696145

>>9696056
Which is why I said "also" and not "just psychological." Sheesh.

>> No.9696152

>>9695049
Fuck off nigger, Downies are typically way nicer than normal people plus they're about as happy as can be. You should have been aborted for being such an asshole.

>> No.9696164

>>9695957
>he thought it was mayo

>> No.9696178

>>9696133
You need some training in customer service it seems.
>pronunciation
Who gives a shit if you understood what they wanted
>out of a common product
That's a legitimate complaint for a grocery store seeing as that is your only purpose, selling common goods. Would you prefer they raise a bitch fit and ask for the manager instead of just passing along their concern to you?
Might wanna get some control over your emotions at some point.

>> No.9696191

>store cards
Am I the only one who just enters his old phone number from 10 years ago on the keypad or just makes one up? For my whole life it's only not worked a few times, and in those cases the cashiers entered a phone number for me.

>> No.9696195

>>9696178
You're the customer that asks for the mehir-lot that's sold out, then demands to see the warehouse because they are obviously hoarding it for themselves.

>> No.9696197

>>9696191
I made one up a few times, and then one time I accidentally entered a real number and the guy was like "can you confirm your email" and I was like "oh it's just firstname/lastname at gmail" and he was "it says here we have yahoo, should I change it" and I made him change it and probably someone lost like a billion reward points

So now I just pay the normal price

>> No.9696199

>>9696133
>they all taste like watered down piss.
why do you know what piss tastes like tho...

>> No.9696206

>>9696178
Blow me. I've never gotten a complaint for bad customer service because I'm always cheerful and helpful to customers, and bend the fuck over backwards for good customers who treat me like I'm another human being instead of a toy at their disposal.

You are one of those assholes you just don't realize it.

>> No.9696207

>>9694795
Unemployed Hambeasts with 5 kids and two baskets full of frozen tv dinners, soda, and Little Debby snack boxes.

>> No.9696216

>>9696133
>Indians. Ask about 100 questions, then don't even buy anything

Man what is it about Indians that make them so much worse than any other people?
I think the only people who might be worse are the drunk/high people and even then that's only on occasion.

>> No.9696232

>>9696199
because he's drank American light beer

>> No.9696282

>>9696197
Huh. I wonder why I've always gotten away with it? Luck? Am I particularly gifted at pretending to be a technologically retarded middle-aged guy? I have been challenged similarly before, and said something like: "Wait, what? no that's not the right address! Change it? But I had had it all set up! Why does this shit never work?"

"Sorry, Sir. Let me just enter my number this time."

Besides, I think the store card price is the normal price. It's just a stupid-ass little jig they all make you dance now.

"Oh. Ok, thank you."

>> No.9696330

>store cards, continued
And this is for Faggot Card™ :DDDD guy
I don't think that the grocery stores are directly responsible for this, but those fucking things are a public safety menace. Every other woman in the modern world has 5-20 different key fob cards on her car keys, making them fucking ridiculous, awkward 1990's Koosh ball masses. Have you ever borrowed a chick's car keys? Holy shit, half the time you lift your foot up to brake the plastic key fobs hit your knee, stopping you from reacting quickly. I have no doubt a good many people have been rear ended because of those fucking things, driving up everybody's premiums.

>> No.9696332

>>9696232
but how'd he know that's what piss tastes like...

>> No.9696374

>>9696332
The same way we all know you're a homosexual. It's inferred.

>> No.9696427

>>9696178
Most of the points that anon listed and being miffed about them have nothing to do with good customer service. "The customer is king/is always right" gets thrown around a lot. But is fundamentally flawed.
The correct saying should be "The customer is also just a person trying to get through their day as best as possible." And that goes both ways. No side has should need to take shit from the other, if everyone acts with some basic decency.

>> No.9696437

>>9696199
Have you never tasted your own urine as a child? Or thought it through after smelling it, since sense of taste and smell are closely linked?

>> No.9696443

>>9696437
When I was in daycare I would take sips of the toilet water when people had forgotten to flush

>> No.9696450

>>9696443
Maybe that is what gives people the "superpower" of becoming a tripfag.

At least a good hypothesis to work with.

>> No.9696630

>>9694795
when they have literally 8 regular checkout lanes and 4 self checkouts and 2 express lanes and only one cashier for the regular checkout and everything except self is closed on a fucking weekend.

>> No.9696638

>>9694795
Avoiding minorities and old people is impossible in a grocery store so that would have to be #1

>> No.9696732

>>9696195
No, I teach customer service classes for tech companies for proper handling of customer needs.
>>9696206
>never got a complaint
Almost can guarantee this is due to a lack of surveys not because of your great customer service. Good customer service comes from pragmatic people. You are emotionally driven person. I deal with clients who have literally 20 to 30 surveys a month for each individual employee.
>>9696427
The customers always right has nothing to do with them actually being right. It has everything to do with being empathetic to the customer's situation.

>> No.9697205

>>9696133
>>Walk up to me and just ask a question like I'm google "Where's the X/Y/Z". At least say "hello".
I usually just say "Excuse me" and ask where can I find the item. What do you expect after Hello? How are you doing today? A hearty handshake? Do they need to say Goodbye and use your pronouns too so you don't triggered?

>> No.9697239

I have grocery store anxiety and it fucking sucks. I feel like all the old people are judging me for filling my basket with frozen food and beer instead of vegetables and shit, even though they probably can't even see well enough to know what I'm buying, let alone care about it. I bet it would be worse if I were fat, since then it wouldn't even be a stretch to believe that some people would negatively judge my choices. As it is, I know I have personally judged people who show up at the checkout with nothing but fourteen frozen pizzas, diet pepsi, and tons of cat food.

>> No.9697288

>>9696330
It would be easy to pass this off as random autistic ranting...

Except I had the same argument with my wife this weekend.

Fucking keychain whacking me in the leg and lanyard from the rear view swinging all over the place every time I turn.

Women.

>> No.9697302

I don't like when they move the milk section.

>> No.9697399

People that don't know how to properly form a line. Some wimpy cunt will stand 6 feet away from the next person in the queue. Drives me up the wall.

My local grocery store, Safeway, just dismantled their self-scan station which I am saddened by. I guess they thought every single person wants that human face-to-face contact on every purchase? False. Much quicker to do it myself.

>> No.9697405

>>9697399
more like they couldn't keep up with all the shoplifters taking 20 pounds of steaks and ringing them up as bananas

>> No.9697427

>When people ask where something is at, when all they need to do is look to the left or right.
People need to look with their eyes not their mouth.

>> No.9697459

>>9696191
I enter my dad's 35 year old business line that we haven't used in like 15 years. Cards are retarded I just enter than number and then tap my phone to pay.

>> No.9697588

>>9695957
Why are kroger jesters the worst?
>be me, shopping
>comparing ingedient lists of two items
>hear clanging of my cart
>oh no, not again
>the grocery jester installed 15" tires on my cart with matching spinner rims
>cart is now too tall for me as a manlet to take stuff out
>have to push the cart like a toddler to the service desk to get my food taken out
>management just laughs at me and gets me one of those 'future customer' children's carts
I was so embarassed i had to go cry in the bathroom for 20 minutes

>> No.9697596

I hate the greeters at walmart.
one time I was stoned to the bone and the old guy was about to say hi to me with a big smile, then he noticed I was high and he put his head down acting like a jackass. if I ever walk past him these days and he says hi. I flick him off telling him to "fuck off oldster"

another pet peeve is when stores don't carry specific brands that I want. like faygo soda, or certain cheese curls I like. I don't want to go to another store to finish my shopping

>> No.9697605

Faggots who buy six pudding cups.

>> No.9697617

People who hold up the express lane for five minutes haggling over sale prices only to find out that they have the wrong item or the sale ended yesterday deserve to get hung by their toes and beaten to death

>> No.9697661

>>9697596
>then he noticed I was high and he put his head down acting like a jackass

That's when you say in your best whietrash southern redneck accent, "Hot (or cold) 'nuff fer yuh tuhday, ol' timer? Those old fossils always get a kick out of that.

>> No.9697793

>>9695957
>>9697588

>be me
>shopping at publix
>hear slight giggling behind me
>all of a sudden im soaking wet
>jester pours the melted ice from the seafood display case all over
>says "now you're all wet, but don't be upset"
>hands me a balloon

>> No.9697821

>>9697596
>I hate the greeters at walmart.
You aren't supposed to like them, they're not there for you. They're there to shame/intimidate you out of stealing. It disgusts me frankly, I hate shopping in a store that makes it plain how classless and shitty they assume their customers are.
That's why I hate best buy too, but at least that guy is obviously labeled as "security" unlike walmart's "greeter" euphemism.

>> No.9697848

>>9697821
>toothless, broken down, early onset dementia ridden walmart greeter is security

Nope. They're a symbol of walmart's "altruism" in hiring people who have sacrificed their lives to late stage capitalism and been cast aside to rot when they become useless.

>> No.9697860

>>9697848
That is what they want you to think, but the purpose is loss prevention. It's not a secret, they just know their customers are ignorant.
>http://fortune.com/2016/05/04/walmart-brings-back-greeters-to-improve-service-and-fight-theft/

>> No.9697882

>>9697821
How is this any different than the greeter at Costco?

>> No.9697900

>>9697821
>They're there to shame/intimidate you out of stealing
this reminds me of a story from a couple months back. went to walmart with ma. she chooses the line that has five customers waiting to put the groceries on the belt. I see there is no one in the next line and one person in the line on the other side. so I tell ma and she says she don't like that cashier. okay lets wait 15 minutes then. as i'm standing there, a nigger starts waiting behind my ma, with one big item in his cart. why is this line so popular? is this nig checking out my white moms ass? then two minutes later he b lines straight ahead to the customer service area and I watch him "returning" the item that he had a receipt for. but he just went and grabbed the item off the shelf and got the item he has sitting at home for free basically.
just another way to steal from walmart folks do with it what you will

>> No.9697917

>>9697882
I mean the costco doorperson makes no effort to hide the fact that they are checking your card to make sure you are a member and checking your receipt to make sure you didn't steal a TV.

Since it's a members-only store it feels a little different somehow, like it's fair to put up with poor treatment in order to justify the low prices. Like I'm also not going to complain about the fact that there are no roaming employees to help you find things, it's all part of the bargain.
I guess it is pretty much the same thing though. That Fortune article I linked even said that walmart is putting receipt-checkers by the doors of the locations where they have the worst loss rates.

>> No.9697924

>>9697917
>it feels a little different somehow, like it's fair to put up with poor treatment in order to justify the low prices

That is actually by design, same with the "no bags" situation. The original store that came up with this, Price Club, is no longer in business, but Costco stole it from them.

>> No.9697928

>>9697917
Well for Costco I am bound by contract via the membership agreement to present my receipt as I exit with my purchase. At Walmart there is no such contract and they're basically treating you like a thief.

>> No.9697946

>>9697924
No bags? I guess I never noticed. When I buy cases of wine they have plenty of boxes for me to take at least. Also never realized that Price Club isn't the same thing as Costco. The ones around here used to be called Price Club and got the name changed to Costco later, which I thought was funny because the "Price" in Price Club was a person's name, while the cost in Costco just refers to the cost of goods.

>> No.9697969

>>9697928
That is also how I have felt for years about the TSA, like if they were somehow contractors of the airlines that I had to agree to relinquish my privacy to in order to enter into the ticket contract, nobody could make any argument. As a government agency, I feel that they violate my 4th Amendment rights.
Obviously not the same thing as Walmart which is already a private entity (although I do have some ideas about nationalizing Walmart), but it is less insulting if I feel like I've been given a choice in the matter (i.e., whether to buy a costco membership).

>> No.9697975

>>9695049
Fucking this. The things are like servitors from 40K, what's even the point?

>> No.9697999

>>9697596
>being high in public
Gas thyself.

>> No.9698559

>>9697302
I don't like when grocery stores change their entire inside display. It's like starting over when searching for items.

>> No.9698581

>>9694795
Chinese.
They have no idea about anything happening around them. Ever. I don't know how they can come from such a crowded country and be so fucking clueless or ignorant about being in people's road, or stopping suddenly, or making a sudden change of direction without ever thinking if there isxsomeone they are going to fuck over.

>> No.9698583

>>9695050

I see it in a lot of places but I have never seen anyone use it. I've never used it even though I have a couple of smartpay devices.

>> No.9698612
File: 288 KB, 542x529, 1502243824014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>manlet pit by the meat section

>> No.9698701

>>9694813
smug as fuck costumers asking me to open another register....
...while I a don't have a register
...while the cashier is clearly aware of things(allways) and will call for another
...while I can't get the other guy for the register (proceding to walk around even trying to walk into the office).
...while I am allready calling the other guy and am clearly aware of the situation(stop wadling up to me and asking to a register several times)
honestly, it's part of my job to deal with registers stuff like that, leave me alone.
fucking customers that don't know how work works.

>> No.9698724

>>9694899
atleast they pay quickly.
I constantly have people that put half their shit in their cart at snail pace before paying.
and once they start paying they just stand their autisicly looking for how they pay.
sometimes even changing their decisions while i allready hand them their change.

Last saturday at like half 9 I had a customer that was capable of making me call for a second register while there where nearly no people in the store at all.
fucking old retarded autistic people.
same guy came in later again with nasty snoder runing out of his nose and not caring about it.

>> No.9698791

>>9694846
>I seriously considered telling a manager to call cps or something.
Yeah that's the proper response when you disagree with parenting, just call the police! Anon the autistic one is you.

>> No.9698803

>>9696732
have you ever worked with actuall customers especially in retail.
or have you ever worked at a grocery store?
most of the people in a grocery store don't set orders. puting stuff on the shelve when things are busy or some people get ill can take awhile. also we can't allways control when we get what things.
runing out of common products can easily happen for half to a day.

>> No.9698831

>>9698791
>Yeah that's the proper response when you disagree with parenting, just call the police! Anon the autistic one is you.
Pretty much the SOP these days.

>> No.9699002

>>9696133
>>Ask for something, I tell you we "unfortunately don't have it right now, I'm sorry", and then ask if we have any in the back. If the shelf is empty and I just TOLD YOU WE DON'T HAVE IT, then we don't have it.
Bitch, blame your lazy colleagues who do have it in the back but are too lazy to check.

>> No.9699017

>>9696427
fuck off communist

>> No.9699032

>>9694795
>Shop at Asian and Arab stores because meat and produce is always cheap
>Arab store: others are friendly, helpful, and neighborly
>Asian store: everyone is rude, carts blocking my path, and aggressively shoving out of the way

T-this isn't like my anime.....

>> No.9699095

>>9695027
>>not having enough money and asking me to cover the difference
although its not at a grocery store, how about >not having enough money to cover the difference and reaching into the fucking tip jar AND still not making exact change

>> No.9699118

>>9696427
Until the next door store operates by "the customer is always right" and everyone flocks to the store with better service.

>> No.9699173

>>9699002
When we go in the back to check half the time we just go back to sit and have a smoke.

>> No.9699215

>>9694832
>tfw americans have designated supermarket shooters and we can't even have an airgun to shoot birds with

Have to call a pest controller if we can't get them out before closing, shit is annoying as fuck.

>> No.9699284

>>9699215
Boss gets mad if we pop a light or shoot a hole in the ceiling.
Almost got fired because I landed a bird in the lap of someone putting some cans of soup away.

>> No.9699421

>>9694795

>people that tip over carts and push them around with their legs
>people that drag their carts behind them
>people that buy individual eggs out of containers
>people that request meat by the kilogram

Fuck these people.

>> No.9699511

>When I'm looking for an item and people just stand behind me passive aggressively instead of just coming back later
>When I want to look at what someone is blocking but I pretend to be looking at nearby items, then they start being passive aggressive to me and acting like I'm the one blocking the items
>When theres two carts blocking an aisle because two people are talking
>When I have a basket and can move swiftly but I have to wait for idiots with trolleys
>When the idiots with trolleys have to manoeuvre like traffic but won't even let me in as a person carrying a basket
>When there is someone picking up every item of fruit and examining it
>When I've got a basket and someone with a trolley encroaches on my space
>Can never look at meat because there's too many gym bros looking at chicken breast
>When kids run around and I have to lift up my basket so they don't run into it
>When parents let their kids just run around
>When parents take up heaps of space with their big trolley AND the space of their kids scattered around
>Big groups of new people rooming together for the first time that walk in a huddle and make loud obnoxious jokes
>When I go shopping and virtually every item I need is being blocked by some moron wearing hipster glasses and looking at the most pleb-tier option

>> No.9699731

>>9699511

>hates friends
>hates families
>hates people just shopping

I bet you're really popular.

>> No.9699832

>>9695027
oh i forgot one
fat people making excuses for their shitty food choice assuming im judging them

>> No.9699844

Cashiers who like to crack a joke about how often I purchase alcohol in their store.

>> No.9699854

>tfw local Walmart started enforcing a strict no singles policy

>> No.9699868

>>9695141
You go to a new grocery store every time?

>> No.9699870

>>9699854
>>9698612
>>9695950
>>9695943
>>9694892
never knew there was a /ck/ version of the /tv/ memes

>> No.9699884

>>9699868
you only go to one grocery store?

>> No.9699899

>>9699118
The store next door is also going to have incredible employee turnover from having to suck every pushy customer's dick all day. Which leads to worse service because you have to train all new people every month.

>> No.9699926

i was a cashier at a grocery store and i once saw a fat-ass middle-aged bitch take the last rascal cart in front of an old man with a WWII vet hat on. swear to god i almost told my manager about that shit but he was some brainwashed "anything for the customer" faggot

>> No.9699953

>>9699926
We had to take down our American flag because some customer bitched about it.
On veterans day.
The same flag that has been up for years.
"We have to make the customers happy."
BITCH, we SELL the same flag literally ten feet inside the store.

>> No.9700065

>>9697821
>a store that makes it plain how classless and shitty they assume their customers are

It's Wal Mart you faggot. It's not an assumption, it's a veritable FACT.

>> No.9700069

When they don't have wireless scanners so you have to tell them what the price said

>> No.9700089
File: 341 KB, 750x895, 4939203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9700069
Oh and also
>When you're trying to put the groceries in as fast as possible so you don't have to make the people behind you wait as long but you can't keep up with the cashier so you end up staying there and finishing putting all the bags away while they try filling the other bags
Embarrassing as hell desu

>> No.9700102

>>9694846
Maybe she's just doing this until the kid succumbs to obesity so she can have a fresh start.

>> No.9700161

>>9695102
Yes.

>> No.9700196

>>9694997
>He doesn't even know the proper merging procedure.

You're fuckin dumb dude. Keep being taken advantage of.

>> No.9700462

>>9694878
Tap and pay is limited to $100.

>> No.9700488
File: 281 KB, 421x421, 1503203927434.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People purchasing one or two items clogging up the full service lines ( and taking forever to pay) instead of using self-checkout.

>> No.9700531

>store doesn't have self checkout
>which means you will always have to wait for old hags who take
5 ever to pay, slow workers who take 3 tries to scan shit, and people who buy food for a fucking month even if you're just getting 2 items.

>> No.9700540

>>9694795
One time I saw a manlet store manager abusing his wageslave, so I raped him with the official store dildo.

>> No.9700543

>>9694795
One time when I was a manager at krogers I threw acid in my employyee's face.
Fucking loser subhuman better know his place for minimum wage. Hehehe.

>> No.9700546
File: 19 KB, 142x142, IMG_0833.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9696152
Nicer than normal people is just that. Unnatural. You're obviously baiting but that's ok. I get it. You needed a win. You can pretend that downies are not a drain on society and a waste of resources. They are even more dangerous than normal humans and underestimating them like you do will only give rise to more deaths by retards.

>> No.9700644

>>9699032
It's almost the opposite for me, Arab stores are mostly silent and occasionally indignant towards you if you aren't one of them, Asian stores are friendly and filled with sweet but slightly pushy ajummas

>> No.9700680

When you go to the deli counter on your 30 minute lunch break for a sammich and the asshole in front of you is determined to order 1-2 slices of every kind of meat and cheese by asking for them one at a time

>> No.9700713

>>9696130
Okay I gave a two-fer combo but I'll stick to your rules fuckwad, as if any anon elected you to be king shit of fuck mountain. You fat, freckled pickle prick of a person, you...

Reshelving. Why is this Total cereal box in the frozen food section? Again back to the original post, basic human decency instead of being a fucking prick right off the rip.

>> No.9700719

>>9700196
Didn't imply that, dude. Just pointed out that you don't have to be a fucking asshole for no reason. In the grocery store--watch out for others. Yield to traffic when necessary and speed up when necessary. Be aware of your surroundings. And by doing that I'm statistically never being taken advantage of my surroundings. I just notice how fucking stupid and inept most people are...just like on the freeway. Like the guy with the Ford F-150 who guns it during a blizzard...fuck outta here ballbag.

>> No.9700742

>>9698791
lol yah cps is the way to go dumbass

>> No.9700749

>>9697821
>go to walmart in the ghetto
>start "forgetting" to scan items or double-scan items in self-checkout
>even on my first visit they never check my receipt because I'm white

>> No.9700761

>>9695045
What kind of supermarket has a grill to get steaks made to order? Even store jesters are more credible than this

>> No.9700795

>>9699511
>>When I'm looking for an item and people just stand behind me passive aggressively instead of just coming back later
>>When I want to look at what someone is blocking but I pretend to be looking at nearby items, then they start being passive aggressive to me and acting like I'm the one blocking the items
So you're a hypocrite.

>> No.9700859

>>9694918

>tfw nobody ever kicks off at staff in front of me

what the fuck I want my chance to be a busybody knob and make a shitheel feel small

>> No.9700863

>>9700761

>his local supermarket doesn't have jesters working the grill to order steak station

what flyover state do you live in?

>> No.9700867

>>9695099

>customers who have to fuck around transferring money when their cards are declined

nah its cool just hold me up, me and everyone else in the line got nowhere to be

>> No.9700870

>>9699953
Your store manager is even more of a faggot than the customer who complained

>> No.9700877

>>9697821
>a store that makes it plain how classless and shitty they assume their customers are.

to be fair, you seen some of the folks in there?

>> No.9700879
File: 284 KB, 417x673, qgKwWFS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>found a cabbage behind the iced teas
>it was there the next week
>and the next
>until finally the cabbage was no more
>and it flew on wings of rot and minimum wage
>to meet its maker in the skies
Also found a half eaten cheeseburger behind the legos at Toys R Us.

>> No.9701107

>>9694997
it's called zipper merging and if everyone did it there'd be a whole lot less waiting in traffic you fucking silly idiot

>> No.9701113

>>9700795
No, I'm not a hypocrite! I do not lurk passive aggressively while people are looking at items. I instead move down a bit and check out other nearby items so that I don't crowd the other customers. I wish that the similar courtesy would be extended to me. Unfortunately I can barely check the range of meats without having to scoot over for a manlet buying 1kg of tenderloins.

>> No.9701123
File: 10 KB, 351x351, 1495001769426.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be cashier
>item doesn't ring up w/barcode for whatever reason
>customer: "oh i guess that means it's free then!"

>> No.9701131

>>9701123
It's this or
>customer comes in with a large bill
>hold it up to the light
>Huurr I just made it! Duuurr
So glad work in retail anymore.

>> No.9701217

>>9700761
supermarkets with a tiny restaurant thingy in them. have you seriously never seen that? would post pic, but only rarely visit that store and would feel like an idiot. but they are legit.

>> No.9701233

>>9700713
you have a way of speaking that makes it apparent you think other people care about what you think.

WE DONT BRUH

>> No.9701241

>>9696450
yeah, they have the superpower of having giardia and e coli

>> No.9701245

>>9697596
>being mean to old fogeys

karma is gonna be a bitch when you are 67 and broke.

>> No.9701250
File: 654 KB, 245x245, 1506897488096.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9697975

>> No.9701271

>>9699844
im not the only one that switches up the liquor store i go to because i'm embarrassed about how much i drink?

>> No.9701286

>>9700531
Down here in the south we have that issue with old fucks both male and female who stand there telling a long, rambling, drawn out, meaningless story (think grandpa simpson) to the captive audience cashier who's too polite to tell them to pay and gtfo.

>> No.9701295

>>9701233
this
he sounds like one of those shitty angry nerds that always think they're better/smarter than everyone around them.

source: used to be one, got over it.

>> No.9701692

>>9700867
You think they are enjoying the fact their card was declined? You're at a grocery store check-out, not on the floor of the NYSE, you selfish entitled piece of shit.

>> No.9701717

>>9701692
Go be poor and stupid somewhere else. If you're on a budget plan for it, the register shows you what your total is. Don't want to look like a poorfag? Use your brain. Oh wait, you're functionally retarded like all poorfags.

>> No.9701728

>>9694795
>old woman in line
>pays for her wares
>closes her wallet, rearranges the contents of her purse and places the wallet into the purse, all this at the pace of a dumb turtle man instead of moving one sorry metre to give me space to pay for my already scanned wares

>> No.9701845

>>9694795

> Be me, shop at Winco because they have consistently low prices on everything and a huge bulk section, where I get most of my non-produce food

> Part of the reason they are low-cost is that you bag your own groceries and they only take cash and debit

> This much is stated on a giant sign when you walk in the door

> Inevitably stuck in checkout line behind some soccer mom arguing with the cashier about taking her credit card and then acting offended when she realizes she has to bag her groceries

WHYYY

>> No.9701890

>>9701717
>Go be poor and stupid somewhere else.
Go suck cocks and be stupid somewhere else, like /pol/ where you can project your lack of intelligence while pretending you don't like men.

>> No.9701907

>>9700867
This happens almost every time I go shopping, some fucking white trash retard (it's always them) knew he was gonna go grocery shopping but still was unable to draw a connection between having money on his card and paying for his shit. We get it, it's super easy to transfer money nowadays, but why not just check if you have some cash on your debit card before you get to the register, you ugly hoody wearing fuck?

>> No.9701961

>>9701271
You could try drinking less. Or drink with the liquor store employees. If you force them to keep up with your, the can not judge anymore, eh

>> No.9701996

>>9701271
>im not the only one that switches up the liquor store i go to because i'm embarrassed about how much i drink?
You're not drinking enough if you still care, anon.

>> No.9702057

>>9700065
>>9700877
I get that walmart is shit, that's why I'm saying I hate it. WTF do you people want from me.

>> No.9702060

>>9701107
It only works if everyone knows about it and does it properly though. Right now most people still think not getting over ASAP is an asshole move, so there is a lot of resistance to introducing zipper merge effectively.
The best solution is probably informative signs around merge areas that say "stay in lane."

>> No.9702537

>>9701217
hyvee? Wal-Mart with a subway? what is your point?

>> No.9702688

>>9702537
no there are supermarkets with a little restaurant thingy inside of them. not a mall a supermarker.
right next to the isles is a tiny resteraunt in the middle of the market (here it's next to the wine stuff) has a few tables and a "bar" thingy. don't know why it's there but it is there.

>> No.9702832

>>9700879
why are you always rooting behind shit in stores ahahah

>> No.9703131

>going through self-checkout
>self-checkout machines are fucking idiot proof and treat me like i'm retarded
>have 20 of the same item
>start swiping the same item 20 times
>it only scans once
>PLEASE PUT ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
>tfw california and there's no bags in the till
>click NO I DONT WANT TO BAG
>it's been 30 seconds, start scanning my SECOND ITEM
>wait 10 seconds for NO I DONT WANT TO BAG button to appear
>start clicking around to see if there's a quantity option
>there is none
>go 5 minutes trying to slowly scan 10 items without bagging
>finally done
>insert cash before it even asks
>machine spits out receipt and change
>WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY CASH??
>screen still says I haven't paid yet
>got my receipt and change, start to walk out
>"UH SIR YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THAT"
>"flash my receipt"
>machine says "PLEASE TAKE UR CHANGE" in the distance
>attendant is still scrutinizing my receipt because he thinks I fucked the machine or something
>i could have been halfway home at this point
I don't use self-checkouts anymore.

>> No.9703347

>>9703131
Yes! It also seems the cashier has to come over and override something half the time, which defeats the purpose of doing it myself.

>> No.9703392

>>9703131
how do you have all these problems

>start swiping the same items 20 times

it's obvious each item needs to be scanned. not only that why the fuck you have more than 20 items in express checkout that's limitedusually at 15 items or less.

>> No.9703504

>>9703131
honestly a good cashier and a customer that knows what to do is extremly fast. I allways enjoy it when I have a customer from the same company. can just trow their stuff at them, done in seconds.

>> No.9703661

>ten self checkout machines available
>at least one will always be semibroken "cash only"
>at least one will always be semibroken "card only"
>at least two will be completely offline
Hit a new high score last week, seven of ten were out of order. Going through the regular lines behind the single moms hauling cartfuls of tendies and screaming toddlers actually works out faster.

>> No.9703684

>>9703392
Fuck off. I refuse to allow a flu/cold infected downie to touch my purchases especially in fall/winter. I went through self check 4 days ago with @ 40 items and no one said shit. However, I am a hulking 6'4" and even nignogs ain't gonna be fuckin' with me.

>> No.9703708

>>9703684
I bet you looked retarded with all those items at self checkout. everyone just ignored you because of yur stupidity, not size, and with all this said, you fuck off.

>> No.9703715

>>9694979
I watched a bitch ditch her cart next to my car. I wanted to slam it into her car.

>> No.9703733

>>9695049
I stopped at a gas station where this guy with a really bad hairlip worked, he got screwed by the schedule and was the only one working. Between the speech impediment and how flustered he was getting I felt really bad for the dude, but also why the hell was he the one chosen to be up front with costumers.

>> No.9703738

>>9703715
you should have slammed it into there car and say out loud "WA-LA" and tell the person to properly put the cart back next time.

>> No.9703741

>>9703738
>you should have slammed it into there car and say out loud "WA-LA"
I'm going to just start shouting "WA LA!" after doing something objectionable.

>> No.9703742

>>9694795
nonwhites shitting up the store with their EBT, loud talking and generally being scum.

>> No.9703743

>>9703738
their*

>> No.9703749
File: 45 KB, 615x409, IMG_0623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9697975

>> No.9703780

>>9703131
Why didn't you just ask one of the cashiers for more bags?

>> No.9703843

>>9703742
Fun fact: Whites are twice the number of black food stamp recipients. But, goshdarn, don't let reality impinge on your narrative there boi!

>> No.9703861

>>9703843
Fun fact: Whites don't make a scene when they enter a store with food stamps expecting shit for free.

>> No.9704455

>>9700867
I did that recenty because I forgot Winco doesn't take credit cards and it was the day before payday. Felt pretty shitty about it.

>> No.9704488

>>9703131
Just scan every item individually and set them down on the scale.

>> No.9704495

>>9699032
>asian

change that to Chinese then it'll be true

>> No.9704502

>>9699421
>people that tip over carts and push them around with their legs

I do this all the time, what's wrong with it?

>> No.9704518

>>9699870
how nu are you m8

>> No.9704530

>>9699002
it's not even about that, they ask because they know the stockers are a bunch of lazy teenagers who don't care if the shelf is empty

>> No.9704731

>>9703843
Fun fact: blacks make up only ~15% of the population.

>> No.9705183

>>9704518
to 4chan? not very. to /ck/? quite.

>> No.9705454

>>9700462
In Australia if you're over $100 it asks for your pin. Put that in and you're done. Way quicker.

>> No.9705722

>>9695113
>OBSESSED

>> No.9705742

>>9703843

>whites have about 4 times as high of a population as blacks in the US
>WOW DID YOU KNOW MORE WHITES USE FOOD STAMPS THAN BLACKS YOU BIGOT
>and they just barely use more than whites

Literally every argument like that is shot down by proportionality

>> No.9705756

>>9695049
This is complete bullshit because even the downies are better baggers than fully capable teens/young adults. They LITERALLY SEND YOU TO FUCKING SCHOOL TO BE A CASHIER AT H-E-B. THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE. LITERALLY NONE TO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

Bread doesnt go under bananas and eggs. Whhhhhyyyhhhhyyy

>> No.9705757

>>9705183
>to /ck/? quite.
spotted the new fig

>> No.9705758

>>9695095
Damn must suck havin to be expected to do your job

>> No.9705766

>>9705756
>Be anal about bagging customers shit in bags because fuck if I wanted crushed bread and hot foods next to my candy.
>Customer brings fabric bag.
>No big deal.
>Only one.
>Notice they are buying veggies and raw fish/meat.
>Bag veggies up, start to put meats in a plasti-
>"UM EXCUSE ME, I BROUGHT MY OWN BAG FOR A REASON!"
>Internally scream as customer demands I put their raw meat in the same bag as the veggies.
>Have to throw away the plastic bag anyways because it has meat juice on it.
Yep, you saved the world with your fabric bag.
Bring two of them next time for fucks sake!

>> No.9705768

>>9701295
I'm neither shitty or angry; I just assume the opening salvo of an argument would not be met with EAT DICK FUCK SHIT YOU DIE as a well thought out response. But /ck/ keeps proving itself to be more like /pol/ every day.

But what about these facts?
FUCK YOU SHIT FUCK DIE
O-okay there pal...calm down...
Do we need to get your meds ready?
Anger comes when an argument can't be refuted properly.

>> No.9705776

>>9701107
HAA I knew someone knew about it...you stupid fuck, I love ya.

>> No.9705778

>>9700761
They have these in some H-E-B

>> No.9705785

>>9703742
Actual whites or white hispanics? Or Arabs? Or the other shit the U.S. gubmint says white is?

Also how much do they even get u fucking retard? A pregnant woman working full time gets maybe 30 in SNAP cuz she doesnt have 6 kieeds like Tyiesha.

>> No.9705790

>>9697205
Stop watching so many "based anti-SJW" videos and get a fucking grip you sperg. All anon was asserting that's impolite to ask for something without a greeting.

>> No.9705791

>>9705766
Fabric bags are washable. So are veggies.

>> No.9705794

>>9705766
Has nothing to do with what I just said

>> No.9705798

>>9699870
No this is the /ck/ version of the Grifter.

>> No.9705800

Mostly old people who have a nasty habit of jamming up isles talking to each other, they don't stick to their own side of that isle but rather gravitate towards the middle like rust around a magnet and won't ever fucking move for anyone younger than they are and god fucking help you if one of these decaying farts finds their way to the self-checkout since they get flummoxed by the easy to use machines, and then they get frustrated and verbally angry with everyone.

>> No.9705819
File: 24 KB, 360x270, 1433357162247.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9696178
>That's a legitimate complaint for a grocery store seeing as that is your only purpose, selling common goods. Would you prefer they raise a bitch fit and ask for the manager instead of just passing along their concern to you?
Might wanna get some control over your emotions at some point.

No, it's not. Stores look at trends and get shipments accordingly.If they completely sell out of a common item they know that they understocked, you bitching at some low-level employee isn't accomplishing anything because they're #1 not getting paid enough to care about your whining and #2 it's not their problem. By all means, go to management and whine your little heart out to them.

Shoulda gotten your ass to the grocery store before Thanksgiving day if you wanted your Turkey, bumpkin.

>> No.9705822

when the alarm goes off even though i didnt steal anything and have to show the guy the receipt for all of my shit while he looks at me like hes fucking poirot

>> No.9705823

>>9705822
Stop shopping at Old Navy.

>> No.9705841

>>9695999
trips of jew truth

>> No.9706193

>>9705768
you need to leave. pick up your fedora and your social theory books and get out.

>> No.9706205

>>9703738
it's Voilà, u mongoloid cretin

>> No.9706389

>>9704530
Don't grocery stores stock at a specific time of day? Like if there is a sale or something on an item and they run out, it won't be stocked until the next day when they stock shit again?

>> No.9706978
File: 16 KB, 300x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706205
>>>/mu/
dumbass

>> No.9707184

>>9706978
bro thats a VIOLA, he said VOILA. fucken retardz man.

>> No.9707221

>>9707184
yeah he spelled it wrong, that makes him even more of a dumbass

>> No.9707244

>>9707221
jesus christ you people, read a fucking book

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voil%C3%A0

>> No.9707248

>>9707221
how many generations of inbreeding since the original brother-sister pairing in your family?

>> No.9707260
File: 39 KB, 450x373, 223.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707221

>> No.9707267

>>9694832
Bet those people had chicken or turkey in their shopping carts.

>> No.9707295

I work in a Safeway

>People standing right behind me and looking over my shoulder while I'm trying to work

>People who won't get out of the way when I'm trying to get through the aisle with a load

For this one, I don't mean the normal people that are just unaware that you're there, I mean the ones that will look me in the eye when I say "excuse me", then look away and continue to shop. Like mother fucker I KNOW you heard me, don't be fucking rude.

>People who let their kids run amok
(Not just tired parent too exhausted to discipline, but will literally ignore their kids and text on their phone or shop)

>People who get mad at me for not knowing every specific thing about the different cuts of meat, even though I'll tell them that I'm not the butcher, just the closing clerk

>> No.9707302
File: 11 KB, 172x242, 1455505143027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lots of newfriends here today.

>> No.9707316

>>9700749
I used to do that for years until they called me out one too many times. They never called security and just let me go. I overheard them saying, "He's just buying food," so I guess they took pity on me.

>> No.9707351

>>9698791
Anon I would argue that raising your child to be a fat waste of skin would probably indicate that the parents are also fat wastes of skin.

Have you never seen hoarders? Most people who live like this have filthy homes. The only clean things are their plates after every meal.

Obviously they are not mentally capable of caring for their child.

>> No.9707360

>>9696133
>t. autist that should have never worked in customer service to begin with

>> No.9707367

>>9694795
>single women who buy cucumbers

Bitch I know what you're up to

>> No.9707375

>>9701123
This. I'm a butcher at a small store and my favorite is always
>hey can i bring in a deer for you to cut up?
>can you slice this frozen turkey in half?
>what do you mean it isn't a roast if it's less than 2.5lbs! I WANT IT FOR THE SALE PRICE
>you dont have x? well are you going to give me y for the price of x?
Just fucking go away. No you don't get shit for free. No I cant cut a frozen solid turkey in half by hand. No I will not process a deer for you for free. If I do not have something please trust me that I do not have it.
There is no conspiracy to keep you from getting your fucking American Heart Association 96/4 beef but here's a tip, if you have heart problems and want to lower your cholesterol, have a fucking salad!

>> No.9707376

>>9696437
>Have you never tasted your own urine as a child?
what!? no! did you drink piss when you were a kid lol

>> No.9707384

>>9696330
at kroger you can just put in your phone number at the checkout. no need to carry the Faggot Card™ around with you

>> No.9707388

>People who stand in the middle of the isle to talk to other people
>People that block the isle by walking too slow
>When parents aren't making their children behave and just let them run like rampant animals
>When your in the checkout and the person behind you is almost standing on top of you
>When you're looking at something and somebody almost pushes you to get in front of you

I hate grocery shopping :(

>> No.9707400

>>9707384
Most places do this. He's just a dumbass.

>> No.9707427

>>9707400
>>9707384
Idk, putting in your number and swiping a card both sound extremely easy. If you cant remember your number, and you cant take out your wallet or keys while waiting in line; you probably shouldnt be buying your own groceries in the first place.

>> No.9707445

>ATM outside store
>every mother fucker in there pays with chip card
>average of 45 seconds to process each card
>they still have to sign a reciept

What the fuck even is cash any more? Holy shit guys.

>> No.9707495

>>9695045
-microwave on high for 3minutes
-seat to create crust, 3 minutes each side
-1 minute left over to scratch your vinegary balls with your fingers then gently massage the steak as you plate

Wa la

>> No.9707554

>>9707495
>microwave
Nah.
Set it in an oven at 500 for 9 minutes(realistically about 14) sear on both sides on the grill and you're done.

>> No.9707565

>>9695109
I once went to a carwash and there was a tard working
At first I was like shi~
But then he did his job better than anyone in any carwash I ever visited.
I wish I could somehow get a copy of his shift sheet.

>> No.9707569

>>9707388
ANON ITS ASILE NOT ISLE. ISLE IS A CHAIN OF ISLANDS

REEEEEEEEE

>> No.9707580

>>9694832
They're upset because they didn't get to see a manager and several supervisors chase a bird around the pharmacy for a couple minutes like in my store.

>> No.9707601

>>9707569
It's most definitely not asile. Isle is also not a chain of islands, it's just an island.
Conclusion: You are a retard

>> No.9707699

>>9707445
Fuck you, most of those ATMs have surcharges and I'm not paying to access my own money when plastic spends just as well.

>> No.9707726

>>9707699
Yeah but gotta track everybody my friend. Regular credit cards process in 3-4 seconds and I have no qualms with them but banks are forcing RFID chips into our cards. They process slow as fuck.

>> No.9707764

>>9707726
I get that man but I live in fucking los angeles. Most of those ATMs take 5 bucks/withdrawal. Everything is slow as fuck around here anyay and I'm not spending the equivalent of a gallon of gas just to carry cash for my next mugger.

>> No.9707782

>>9707699
cards have surcharges as well dumbass

>> No.9707827

>"hello can you fetch me X downastairs"
>"sure"
>take note of the customer's clothes, hair color and generally how to pinpoint it in a crowd
>know exactly where the product is so don't take long to find it and go back to the store
>customer fucking vanishes
>never ever see it again

this happens so fucking often just sit still for TWO MINUTES

>> No.9707829

>>9707782
Negative surcharges you retard

>> No.9707851
File: 4 KB, 200x200, 35871928374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>large african american goddess fills an entire aisle's width with her beauty and strength
>she is independent so she is in no hurry to be anywhere
>she calculates for several minutes and makes an informed decision about what to buy

>extremely intelligent soccer mom radiates with tanned perfection and glorious bleached hair, with ponytail
>she is a hard worker, so taking her sunglasses off indoors is not required
>she knows her children, so you don't need to tell her that they're destroying the place
>kindly informs employees about the state of the store's inventory, keeping track of everything that's out of stock
>seems to have an african american child in tow along with her children, she must be babysitting

>an person with many years under their belt, probably has fought in several wars, is buying coffee
>acknowledging their valor, they park their buggy perpendicularly to the aisle, effortlessly protecting themselves from any dangerous traffic
>seems to have flashbacks while looking at the coffee, takes an hour to decide
>salute this person for their service to our country, they are a true hero

>> No.9707983
File: 6 KB, 259x194, 12346577_103255713379646_4403104132562221493_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9694795
i help people with mental illness for a living, and work with one horrible, fat, no-impulse control asshole in particular. when i take him grocery shopping, he always manages to take up the whole aisle with his cart and bloated beach ball body. when i tell him to get out of the way so someone can pass he makes it worse by almost pulling wheelies inside the aisle. he follows me with the cart anyway when i tell him to leave it somewhere so he wont be a bother. he aggressively stares up and down any women shoppers that pass by. he bumps his cart into other carts and almost hits people with his cart when i tell him to watch out for x, y, or z. its like telling him to watch out for something makes it worse.
he also intentionally bumped into a woman once and stared her up and down as she quickly walked away. her husband didnt notice cus he was looking at some vending machine, and the asshole denied it when i chewed him out over it. he deserved to have his ass kicked by the husband though. i kinda hate him.

>> No.9708148

>>9695095
entitled

>> No.9708157

>>9695102
Go for it, who's stopping you?

>> No.9708162

>>9696133
you just sound like a lil bitch

>> No.9708187

>>9695027
>asking for a refund on a 50cent piece of produce that YOU picked out
What am I, the produce whisperer? Maybe don't sell spoiled fucking food

>> No.9708292

>>9707445
only reason anyone uses cash anymore is for drugs and even now that's going away thanks to venmo,paypal, etc.

>> No.9708296

>>9707782
so should I pay the ATM jew money to get my own money or use my card that gives me a small percentage of the money I just spent back?

It's like you WANT to be poor.

>> No.9708306

>>9708292
Do you have a vagina? Or are you an old lady?
Speed up the fucking line and carry cash, the paranoia is real, can you not defend yourself carrying a 20 dollar bill?

>> No.9708308

>>9697596
You're a Juggalo, I'm 99% sure. Between the shitty attitude, being high in public, and your love for Faygo.

>> No.9708371

>>9695044
>>9695050

I live in some bumfuck mountain town and our grocery stores and fast food places accept tap and pay with my smartphone.

>> No.9708377

>>9708371
You live somewhere in Colorado?

>> No.9708442

>>9695049
Fuck you mate. At least they’re working unlike the shitters who live off NEETbux. Generally it’s their handlers who are assholes. They always complain about something or accuse us of not giving them their due benefits (like discounts).

>> No.9708451

>>9705823
they put rfid tags on some of the meat here.

>> No.9708459

>>9706205
it's 'you', you mongoloid cretin

>> No.9708497

>Go to the same store for alcohol for the past 5 years
>Cashiers don’t believe I’m over 21
>Have the same “wow you look really young” conversation every time
>Once a cashier literally snapped my ID in half because he didn’t believe it was real
One of these days I’m going to explode on someone outside that douche who snapped my ID

>> No.9708566

>>9708497
You beta cuck, you could have had him arrested for destroying govt. property. You do know a drivers license is owned by the govt., right?

>> No.9708597

>>9708566
I’ve worked for the courts and not once had I seen someone charged for that, so I did not. Manager was nice enough to chew him out publically and comp me for my purchase + 50 dollars more though.

>> No.9708635

>>9703733
its spelled harelip you dunce

>> No.9708755

>>9707244
>>9707248
>>9707260
samefag

>> No.9708818

>>9707851
going to make thhis into copypasta

>> No.9708845

>>9699870
I'm here from tv too, these posts are actually making me lol

>> No.9708932

>>9708306
Not all of us need to flash a cash wad to take the focus off a small dick, fag.

>> No.9709360

>>9708845
/tv/ has manlet pits and jesters like /fit/?

>> No.9709381

>>9703131
The problem with self check out is that they expect the simplified baby proof machine to do both the work of a real machine and the job of the the cashieer and to keep track of a thousand different articles
If instead of offering it as an alternative to an Express line you add it to the deli and let people who only use the deli pay for the things they want there inside the store then you are getting rid of the clog that happens during lunch hours because people who are only there to buy something for lunch can walk to the deli, get their shit and pay for it there and then walk outside the store

>> No.9709397
File: 940 KB, 960x720, 1451177271326.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9709360
>he doesn't know

>> No.9709400

>>9703843
>12% of the population makes up 35% of ebt

>> No.9709407

>>9703843
Has it become a meme for ******s to demonstrate their math disability by saying this?

>> No.9709421

>>9709407
They don't teach statistics on the streets.

>> No.9710006

>>9694795
People who seem to walk around aimlessly like they don't know why they're there or what they want.

>> No.9710008

>>9694813
This. There needs to be a cash only lane. This shit infuriates me so much.

>> No.9710096

>>9694979
>>people who park far away and inevitably leave their cart not in a corral.

This flares up my autism as a former cart pusher.

>> No.9710167

>>9696732
>I teach customer service classes for tech companies for proper handling of customer needs
ah, so you ARE one of those assholes. Get rekt cx trainor

>> No.9710405

>>9694795
People that walk too slowly
People that don't realise they're standing in front of whatever you're looking at
Families with unruly kids
Loud Americans
Checkout chick that doesn't pack your bags properly
People that glare at you because you're walking quickly instead of dawdling around
People that can't manage their trolleys and they run into you

>> No.9710452

>>9699095

Did you have a lot of niggers shoppers?

>> No.9710459

>>9697405

bingo

>> No.9710461

>>9697405
those niggers are the worst, but some keep it subtle, theres a guy who comes in every Friday and buys a kilo of dried peaches along with his weekend junk and beers and rings them up as apricots everytime, given that the peaches ar 6.00 per 100G and apricots sometimes down to .25 a hundred it's worth and none of us really give a fuck.

>> No.9710470
File: 17 KB, 316x239, 1435899804129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>roasties taking forever to choose a pack of ground meat and taking all the room in the meat section
BITCH JUST PICK ONE AND MOVE THE FUCK OVER I NEED MY PROTEIN

>> No.9710605

>>9710461
>Black people are the worst!
>Its ok when I do the things I stereotype them as doing because I'm white and I need to do it

kys

>> No.9710658

>>9706193
Thread is going to die soon but you couldn't have called it more wrong. A defense mechanism of deflection; shitposting 101 versus logic and reasoning. Stay well, homie. Brush up, learn, and find better ways to defend your arguments in the future. And don't yell at traffic lights for not turning green fast enough either, my man. That won't help...you...understand? Okay talk to you another day.

>> No.9710747

>>9694813
where's the problem? IT takes around 10 seconds to pay with chip card...

>> No.9711115

>>9700742
You know they don't actually help kids, right?

>> No.9711315

>>9710658
ugh, the way your mind works just absolutely stinks man. your language just reveals the weird confines of your weird brain.

the implied familiarity is gross?
appeals to logic and reason?
analogies explicating nothing, going nowhere?

this isn't an argument. you painted the picture, we're just describing it.

>> No.9711392

itt: a million butthurt wagecucks crying about their crappy minimum wage jobs

>> No.9711801

>>9710405
>all of humanity
Maybe you should just stay home

>> No.9711817

For some reason my grocery store only employs teenagers as cashiers and if you ever try to buy alcohol they have to call over an adult, it's kind of annoying