[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 17 KB, 220x165, 220px-Potato-Chips.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9494017 No.9494017 [Reply] [Original]

How do I create a REALLY large batch of salt and vinegar crisps? I don't want to buy a factory, this is just for myself to eat.

The part I struggle with is getting them perfectly crispy and dry. I don't have an effective method of draining all of the oil off.

I also don't know how to make the seasoning. I followed an online tutorial which said that baking white vinegar in an oven turned it into powder. I got a bitter, gooey mess instead.

>> No.9494035

Heat your vinegar slowly to evaporate the water. If you get all the water out and cool it down, it will be solid at just below room temperature. Mix this with some salt and maybe a little oil to help it stick to the chips. Maybe wear gloves though as pure vinegar (acetic acid) is acidic.

>> No.9495448

>>9494017
The trick is to Slice your potatoes thin and soak them in AC vinegar for a few hours ( at least 2) before frying them up. Drain them and spread them out to allow them to dry a bit before frying. After frying just drain them on a pan lined with paper towels and salt immediately.