[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 672 KB, 1100x733, Mojito.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8736390 No.8736390 [Reply] [Original]

I know this is more social and business related than food related but I'm curious, it seems like there are a lot of poor people on 4chan.

Do any of you guys live in your hometown still and have to serve people that you used to know?

It's the worst when I see someone that I went to school with or something, it makes me feel like a piece of shit to see them doing well lol.

How do you guys feel when you have to serve people that you used to know or don't want to serve.

>> No.8736574

>How do you guys feel when you have to serve people that you used to know or don't want to serve.

It varies.

Some people do well for themselves, some people do not, some by good fortune, some by bad.

At the end of the day, they do not effect my life, and neither will I effect theirs. They will come in, buy shit, and then leave.

You are probably very young. Some of those who you perceive as 'doing well' are sometimes only doing so on the surface, and will be struggling under crippling debt to maintain their facade, some will be doing things that they shouldn't, and may get caught out eventually. I know of one lawyer who was doing very well for himself, big house, morning papers etc., but it wasn't enough and he embezzled hundreds of thousands from clients. Got caught, went to jail, now probably would struggle to get a job flipping burgers.

It is impossible to say what today will bring, never mind tomorrow, so worry not about the position of others and concentrate on the position of yourself.

>> No.8736575
File: 29 KB, 482x800, Ameriglap.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>3rd world problems

>> No.8736585

>have a gay ass crush on some girl in 11th grade
>she leads me on and ends up dating someone else
>flash forward 7 years
>she's serving me at a chili's
I felt weird as shit. I don't even care anymore, she just went to college for some science degree and everything and is stuck waiting tables. Felt bad, but I assume it's a temporary thing.

>> No.8736606
File: 47 KB, 528x396, 1486776703166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8736390
I worked in a very popular pizzeria for 4-5 years or thereabout in my hometown, at an age where many of the people I knew in highschool had most likely completed college/university/military. it was a very popular and busy pizzeria, which had been so while I was in grade school, so there was a great chance of meeting many of my classmates while I worked there.

As such, the friends I cared about from highschool, I kept in touch with, and I still engaged with them either in person or via the interwebz. Thus, I encouraged them to visit me at work where I would hook them up - I'd always give them their meal gratis and take care of it personally, then join them to shoot the shit.

The only exception was whilst I was working at the same pizzeria and a grill that I had a huge crush on from my sophomore year geometry class began working at the liquor store adjacent from my pizzeria. I would continuously spill spaghetti whilst hooking her up with her meals when she would come in. She would reciprocate when I would buy whiskey at her store. It started off with her saying stuff like "hey I think I remember you, but I'm not sure where from...." Whereas, I remembered exactly where she sat next to me in Geometry, her first and last name, her age and her younger brother who was a friend of a friend. Didn't end poorly or anything, just slowly started mentioning memories to make things seem less spergy either when she was in my store or when she was cashing me out at her store.

Unlike Clerks 2, this has never terribly bothered me.

>> No.8736608

I lost weight. No one recognizes me.