[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 14 KB, 500x267, Never-Reheat-These-Foods-They-Might-Get-Poisonous-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8334147 No.8334147 [Reply] [Original]

How many times can you actually do this before it all goes belly-up? Made a large batch of chowder the other day and itll probably take me 2 weeks to finish it all. After the first week I'm thinking of reheating it on the stove to extend the shelf life. Is this a valid method of preserving food?

>> No.8334148

you generally freeze foods you want to keep longer than a few days

>> No.8334163

>>8334147
What? No, don't do that, that's going to fuck everything up and probably poison you as well.

If you plan to eat it within a few days, fridge

If not, portion it up into tubs and freeze it.

>> No.8334178

>>8334163
This, when I make a big batch of something I portion it out into bowls and freeze them. Then when I want some of it, I can just take out a single portion and reheat that while the rest stays in the freezer.

>> No.8334191

>>8334147
>Is this a valid method of preserving food?
No, because you will be putting it through the "danger temperature zone" again, where bacteria can multiply. Just keep it cold and reheat what you plan to eat at the time.