[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 50 KB, 213x255, Charo_white_bg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8182911 No.8182911 [Reply] [Original]

Is it true that Europeans can't eat spicy food?

I was hanging out with an exchange student and they told me they've never heard of hot sauce

>> No.8182913
File: 995 KB, 245x250, who cares1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8182911
meet one European.
Assume all 500 million are the same.

>> No.8182916

>>8182911

I've only ever seen tobasco here in Moscow

>> No.8182917

>>8182911
>europoors cant eat spicy food

nah, its all white people.

>> No.8182925
File: 65 KB, 648x810, disapprove3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8182917
>Implying Latinos aren't white.
You must be American.

>> No.8182929

>>8182925
Tapatio is an American product. It is not sold south of the border

>> No.8182935

>>8182925

You know what im talking about.

>cracker
>peckerwood
>honkey
>whitey

the type that puts black pepper on his food and cries and complains its too hot

>> No.8182939

>>8182911
>Is it true that Europeans can't eat spicy food?
No

>> No.8182942

>>8182929
even though it's from Jalisco Mexico alright

>> No.8182948

>>8182942
>Tapatío is a hot sauce, produced in Vernon, California, that can be found at many grocery stores in the United States.
>"Tapatío" is the name given to people from Guadalajara, Jalisco: the company's founders come from Guadalajara.
"No"

>> No.8182964

Well, Americans don't eat spicy food either, after all they think Tapatio is spicy.

>> No.8182967
File: 573 KB, 480x270, pbbbbbttbtbtbtbtb.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ketchup is about as spicy as I can handle, and even then in moderation.

>> No.8182981

>>8182942
He is right anon. Tapatio is not a thing in Mexico.

t. Chicano

>> No.8182987

what's the point of overly spicy food? to mask the flavour? to cause pain? to sweat? I don't get it, mild to medium for me.

>> No.8182992

>>8182987
Because it tastes good.

>> No.8182998

>>8182992
doesn't taste like anything except for vinegar, mostly because my mouth is burning.

>> No.8183001

>>8182998
Because you're a bitch

>> No.8183008

>>8182942
What about Valentina?

I always see beaners buying that shit by the gallon.

>> No.8183020

>>8182911
I don't know all yoropeons. Some might like it hot. But overall we eat quality food and have no need to masque it but setting our palates on fire.

>> No.8183035

Nah, I know plenty of scandi chili heads.
My friend's dad who works as a ship cook used to bring us big barrels of chili peppers and jalapeños, which we would always eat at summer bbqs, so I got used to them since I was little.

>> No.8183052
File: 36 KB, 645x773, 1468480710343.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8182925
>Implying Latinos aren't american
You must be European.

>> No.8183060

>be Australian who loves spicy food
>see normie cooking show on TV "now just slice this chilli in half and scrape out the membrane and seeds, then finely dice. Now we don't want it too spicy do we?!"

Fucking reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>> No.8183672

>>8182917
White person here, it's just the ones from pissant places like Pennsylvania. I'm from Louisiana and I consider tabasco a tangy sauce, not a hot one.

>> No.8183674

>>8182987
To give it a fighting chance. If your food isn't biting you as hard as you're biting it, you haven't earned the right to eat it.

>> No.8183679

Anybody can build up a tolerance for spicy food in a matter of a week or so. The idea that /ck/ thinks this is some sort of achievement is pretty silly.

>> No.8183698

>>8182911
Given that Britain invented the Phaal Curry, I take this as false.

>> No.8183707

>>8183698

What does a single counterexample have to do with broad generalizations?

Anyway, most of Europe has a cool climate which is not good forgrowing pungent spices. Thus, the food from those regions (especially northern europe) tends to be more bland than that from equatorial regions where hot peppers and spices DO grow.

>> No.8183712

Yesterday I ate a hot dog with a whole carolina reaper diced up on it, my ass is sore from wiping and I'm considering doing it again today

>> No.8183718

>>8182987

your body actually gets a dopamine burst from eating spicy food, it's psychologically addictive in the most literal sense

>> No.8183730

>>8182942
Mexican here.

Why the hell do people like tapatio anyway? Just because it's one of the most Mexican-looking sauces out there?

I love spicry food. I love habaneros. But Tapatio tastes like shit. It's bitter and watery and just not at all what hot sauce should look like. Also, the nasty crust it develops around the opening is sickening.

>> No.8183740

>>8183672
So fucking true it's not even funny. Fucking family there says the salsa with jalapenos is too spicy.

>> No.8183742

>>8183707
>most of Europe has a cool climate which is not good forgrowing pungent spices
We have been eating stuff like Mustard and Horseradish long before some continents were even populated.

You also forget that Britain has been having 'pungent spices' from the far east, since the 13th century.

>> No.8183763

>>8183742
>We have been eating stuff like Mustard and Horseradish long before some continents were even populated.

Yep. That still doesn't change the fact that most "spices" don't grow in cold northern climates.

>You also forget that Britain has been having 'pungent spices' from the far east, since the 13th century.

That simply meant that rich brits had access to spices. They were very, very, expensive. The average person (i.e. a peasant) couldn't afford it.

>> No.8183764

>>8183740
Dated a girl from there, she claimed she loved Chinese food because she always ate at the places which basically cook your food in caramel. I took her to a Sichuan place once so she could try the real stuff. She loved it... Until she decided to try a bite of my Ma Po Tofu. I can still remember the look in her eyes.

>> No.8183799

>>8183763
>That still doesn't change the fact that most "spices" don't grow in cold northern climates.
That doesn't change the fact that although this is true, Britons used a load of herbs and spices that are almost forgotten today but just as flavoursome.

Many spices such as Black pepper, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cardamom, etc. weren't as expensive as you think and were commonly used.

Britain had a massive trade network that was the envy of most of Europe, who never had access to the same spices that we did.

So be careful when you say Europe???? . . . .don't forget that Britain had tendrils almost everywhere ( And to a smaller extent, Spain and Portugal)

>> No.8183815

>>8183799
>Britons used a load of herbs and spices that are almost forgotten today but just as flavoursome.

Got any sources for that? I'm well aware that the British empire had all sorts of "spice connections", but I doubt much of that applied to the common man.

The oldest resource I have on British cooking is not very old at all, really--Mrs. Beeton's, from the Victorian period. It calls for VERY little spice, and this is from a time in which the Brits had a massive empire & trade connections.

One thing that I do have to give them credit for is the use of fermentation, etc, to generate flavors. One of the most commonly called for seasonings in that book is Mushroom Ketchup. (Walnut ketchup too). I have made the former according to Beeton's recipe and it's damn tasty. Not really "hot" or "spicy", but good nonetheless.

>> No.8183845

>>8183815
>The oldest resource I have on British cooking is not very old at all, really--Mrs. Beeton's, from the Victorian period. It calls for VERY little spice
Then I am sure you have seen references to the spices mentioned?

Bera in mind that when Mrs Beeton wrote this, she was only 19????

Many herbs such as Borage, Burdock,etc. were used frequently.

Infact - a popular drink still in Britain is Dandelion and Burdock drink.

Mrs Beetons is quite recent, many British cook-books predate this. One which is very interesting is 'The forme of cury' . .. it dates from around 1390AD and describes the earliest form of Lasagne . . .Invented in England!!!!

>> No.8183854

>>8182929
Lol, ok.
My roommate was from middle Mexico, he was the one that introduced me to Tapatio.
He would split open an entire bag of lays chips and pour that shit all over.
Its fucking delicious.

>> No.8183855

>>8183845
>Then I am sure you have seen references to the spices mentioned?

No, I haven't. That's why I'm asking. Beeton's calls for small amounts of relatively well known spices: ginger, allspice, mace, nutmeg. While those are technically "spices", they are certainly not what comes to mind when talking about "spicy food". That implies "hot" sorts of spices, which are curiously lacking in Beeton's.

>>when she wrote this she was on 19
She only wrote a handful of the recipes in the book. She's the editor, not the author. The recipes were collected from contemporary sources, many of which were in "high society".

>>borage, burdock...
Not exactly what comes to mind in a discussion of "hot food"

>>Mrs Beetons is quite recent, many British cook-books predate this

Yeah, that's why I was asking for other sources. In my experience when you ask people about the stereotypical "classic British cookbook" you hear about Beeton's. But surely there must be others as well?

>> No.8183860

>>8182987
You cant get some flavors without the spice
I fucking love the flavor of jalapenos, and you can't get that real flavor unless you use a real jalapenos.

>> No.8183875

>>8183855
I get the feeling you are trying to assassinate something but can't seem to do it?

Mrs Beetons was a book on 'Household Management' . . .it's NOT a Cookbook!

Listen . . . .I was born in 1965, I'm not a silly kid and I don't have any points to score but you are just trying your hardest to prove a point that doesn't exist.

Why do you persist? . . .. what are you trying to prove?

I have told you about Britains access to spices, the cookbooks from the 14th Century, the abundance of herbs and hot-stuff . . . .why do you keep denying this?

>> No.8183878

>>8182917
>thinks whites don't enjoy chilli peppers
>doesn't realize that whites are responsible for introducing chilli peppers to the world outside of the Americas

You're welcome, shitskin.

>> No.8183882

>>8182911

Not true in my experience.

I have American friends who visit us in the UK, all of them go on and on about how Americans like hot food. One of them brought some hotsauce to 'spice things up' and kept warning us to be careful with it because Brits 'aren't used to hot food'.

The we take them out for a curry and none of the Americans can eat anything hot at all. The guy who was going on and on about his shitty hot sauce literally started crying when he was trying to eat a Vindaloo.

Maybe Americans cannot eat hot food but Europeans don't have any problems with it.

>> No.8183883
File: 14 KB, 236x252, ...jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8182964
>Well, Americans don't eat spicy food either

>> No.8183887

>>8183882
Sure, Nigel.

Sure.

>> No.8183890

>>8183887

Brits eat curries so hot that even native Indians cannot eat them.

People develop a tolerance for spicy food and you need more and more heat to get the same effect. Hence Brits eat food which is spicy as fuck.

>> No.8183891

>>8182911

You have to remember, hot spices with meat were used more frequently in warmer climates to mask the flavor of meat that had "gone off" prior to the development of refrigeration. Colder climates were able to hold fresh meat longer and weren't required to use anything to make it palatable.

Ergo, people in northern countries typically haven't evolved a palate to handle spice.

>> No.8183898

>>8182911
My experience:

Brits like hot food, especially the further north you go. Yorkies love really hot curries.

French are generally averse to spicy food, but they've assimilated harrisa from the Moroccans.

Germans get their heat from mustard and black pepper, not hot pepper. Austrians will mess with hot paprika once in a while, but the taste for it seems further east.

Italians seem more open to hot pepper the further south you go, but they're not into much that's particularly spicy.

The Dutch only seem to like spice in the context of Indonesian food, because their food is bland.

They use paprika in Spain, but favor sweet over spicy by a wide margin.

Also Mexican food is very exotic in Europe, and very difficult to obtain. And it seems openness to spicy food seems to line up with whether or not the culture is a beer or wine drinking culture. Beer drinkers are more open to spicy foods, wine drinkers less so.

>> No.8183900

>>8183890
I have already told them this.

Phaal curry was invented in England for lads and I don't think Americans realise that Real English mustard is nothing like the yellow 'food product' they call mustard and squeeze from a plastic bottle.

>> No.8183902

>>8183891
So spicy shit is just a meme to trick retards into eating rancid food?

Explains why spice retards insist on dumping spicy garbage on everything, completely destroying the flavors of the dish.

>> No.8183903

>>8183891
>mask the flavor of meat that had "gone off" prior to the development of refrigeration
That's a bit of a fallacy.

>> No.8183908

>>8182911
Not to go off on a tangent or anything but I have really come to appreciate Tapatio over the last few years. I know it's a very popular "corporate-tier" hot sauce but living on the East Coast I only have the privilege of access to the generic Louisiana Hot Sauce bullshit which lacks character. I tried a bunch of craft hot sauces from my local grocery store and they are more or less on par with the Louisiana nonsense. Tapatio itself has so much soul and character. I can't eat it 24/7, but using it sparingly, it really is a delightful treat that changes up the flavors of my favorite dishes in a positive way.

>> No.8183919

>>8183898
A few comments here:

It's not a North/South divide in Britain when it comes to the heat of curries, Southerners like Hot curries too!.

As regards Mexican foods . ... most families will make a Chilli-con-carne at least once a week but as regards other bits of Mexican food . .. .we have limited exposure to it, apart from Burritos and Tacos anything else is alien.

>> No.8183925

>>8183919
>As regards Mexican foods . ... most families will make a Chilli-con-carne at least once a week

What? Fucking news to me.

>> No.8183928

>>8183925
>What? Fucking news to me.
Maybe you live in a sink council estate?

Perhaps you still live with you mother and eat microwave meals but I'm a Brit and I had a palte of chilli at least once every 10 days and this is from the 1970's.

>> No.8183936

>>8183919
>Southerners like Hot curries too!.
I'm sure you're right. I have limited experience, but have been across England a couple times. In London you can easily find really creamy curries, but once I get to Yorkshire it's all firey stuff. I think of red faced blokes trying to out do each other at Akbar's while trying to quench the heat with copious amounts of beer as pizza size nan breads hang on stands at the table.

Regardless I'll stand by my opinion that beer drinking cultures are more into spicy food than wine drinking. It's tougher to pair spicy food with wine.

>> No.8183938

>>8183928
Aye must be it. All I'm allowed to eat is toast and microwaveable Donner kebabs from Herons. Fuck off you old cunt, I was questioning that this is some massively common thing, I'm much more likely to do something French or Italian or Spanish than something Mexican.

>> No.8183942

>>8183902

I wouldn't say tricked. It developed long ago, when all food was precious and had to be used as a barrier to starvation, as long as it wouldn't make you ill. Meat that had begun to smell and taste nasty wouldn't sicken you, if you cooked it well done, but you want it to be palatable, so you spice the hell out of it.

>> No.8183951

>>8183938
Not the old boy but it was common when I was a wee 'un to have chilli once in a while. I didn't realise it was Mexican until I grew up though because we always had it with pitta bread.

>> No.8183954

>>8183891
Wrong.

They were used "primarily" in hot climates because that's where they originated from, and that's where they grow the best.

SPICES of ALL types became popular as a means to mask off flavors, which is why the Euro's spent millions on spice trade LONG before the America's, and chilli peppers, were even discovered.

>> No.8183955

>>8183936
I live in the South West of England and we are not the poncy Spritzer drinking Southerners of London either.

We are cider drinkers or drink ales, nothing like London.

Northerners tend to be Left-wing but The South West is a right wing stronghold.

>> No.8183957

>>8183928
Oi, I grew up in a shitty council estate but my mum made sure we ate well and knew food. She might have been a slag that had 5 kids before 30 but she was a good cook and went on to become a lawyer! Don't generalise.

>> No.8183958

>>8182911
The spicier the better. I go and buy that locally-made hot sauce mixed with Raspberry and ghost pepper shit up in here.

>> No.8183965

>>8183900
>Real English mustard

Is shit.

Just like that pisswater you call "beer".

>> No.8183968

>>8182925
Latinos are not white.
Jews are not white.
Slavs are not white.

>> No.8183973

>>8183965
>t.never been to England but I follow the memes.

>> No.8183978

>>8183900
>Phaal curry
Tried this while traveling for work in Detroit I think, it was fucking delicious and fairly hot.

>> No.8183980

>>8183875
>Mrs Beetons was a book on 'Household Management' . . .it's NOT a Cookbook!
By far it's largest component is a collection of recipes. What we call the book is irrelevant to the fact that it contains a window into British cooking. Depending on who you ask it is "THE" classic resource. And it shows very little use of spice.

>>you are just trying your hardest to prove a point that doesn't exist.
I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm asking if you can point out any other classic works on British cooking so that I can further educate myself.

>I have told you about Britains access to spices
Yes, but also not relevant due to the cost.

>>the cookbooks from the 14th Century
Which ones exactly? You didn't mention any by name or citation that I could go look up.

>>the abundance of herbs and hot-stuff . . . .why do you keep denying this?

1) I don't deny the use of herbs. I'm claiming it is irrelevant to the context of our discussion about "hot stuff".

2) What hot stuff did you explain exactly? Sure, we both know that rich Brits had access to whatever they wanted via the spice trade. But I would suggest that doesn't really matter because a) what the rich few do has little bearing on the cuisine as a whole and b) those resources we do have (such as Beeton's) show a curious lack of "hot spices".

>> No.8183981

Euro reporting in. I love everything I eat spicy and so does about everyone else in my family.

>> No.8183983

>>8183973
They'll start going on about micro breweries and in a minute.

>> No.8183986

>>8183890

Sure, there are chili-heads in every country. But it doesn't make much sense to me to use an outlier like that to describe a country's cuisine in general terms. What does a relative rarity like super-hot curry have to do with the food as a whole?

>> No.8183991

>>8183986

because idiots on 4chan think that a single example of something like that means that every toddler and granny in the British isles eats hot food daily.

>> No.8183995
File: 24 KB, 500x564, 1379613681507.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>one person never heard of hot sauce
>"IS IT TRUE EUROPEANS CAN'T EAT SPICY FOOD?!?"
Italy, Greece, Lithuania, Spain, and Portugal have spicy dishes

>> No.8183996

>>8183954
>SPICES of ALL types became popular as a means to mask off flavors

That only happened after the development of metropolitan areas and the technology existed for countries in northern climates to travel and import goods from southern climates.

My theory accounts for the use long before that and the concomittant disparate evolution of the taste sense in warmer and colder climates.

>> No.8183998

>>8183980
You tried too hard, couldn't be arsed to read your rubbish.

>>8183978
>Tried this while traveling for work in Detroit I think, it was fucking delicious and fairly hot.
In all honesty, a Phaal is very hot, it's not for everyday eating but it's a good thing if you are out with the lads and you want to finish a nights drinking.
It takes you ages to eat and you sweat buckets . .. it's a man thing!

>>8183983
>They'll start going on about micro breweries and in a minute.
Yeah and we all eat Toast sandwiches and stargazy pie!

>> No.8184044

>>8183986
It isn't that unusual though, maybe a little more these days but it was an integral part of 'lad culture' in the UK to eat the hottest curries from the very late 80's through all the 90's.

>> No.8184070

>>8183996
Preservation of food was a concern long before metro areas developed, or when major trade routes sprang up.

Look at it at its most basic: You're a medieval peasant farmer. You just slaughtered a pig. You and your family will obviously be eating some of the meat right now. But you can't eat the whole pig, and you need food to last you into the future--after all, you can't slaughter a pig every single day. So you use smoking, drying, curing, salting, and so on to preserve the food. Same thing with vegetables: just harvested? You can make pickles, ferments, store things in a root cellar, etc. People used what they had on hand. And, if you lived in a warm climate where you could go and grab "spices" then you used them. If you lived in a cooler climate where spices were a rare luxury then you used whatever local stuff you could.

>> No.8184071

>>8183996
>That only happened after the development of metropolitan areas

So you mean like the Roman centers of governance and trade throughout their empire.....got it.

>> No.8184144

>>8183998
your discussion with the anon about cookbooks and this post make me assume your a piece of shit. You have just won the 4chin!

>> No.8184156

>>8182935
Oh, the kind of person that doesn't exist? Yeah I know exactly the kind of person you're talking about. He drinks at the same bar as the middle class black man and the spend happy jew.

>> No.8184157

>>8184144
>make me assume
Thanks for your opinion but it's worth nothing.
Have a nice day.

>> No.8184164

>>8183891
>hot spices with meat were used more frequently in warmer climates to mask the flavor of meat that had "gone off"
I think this is a bit of antique racism from back when Britannia ruled India and China. It was a way to casually look down on foreigners who ate spicy (thus vulgar) food.

>> No.8184165

>>8183707
Except, ya know, we conquered the world to get those spices. But whatever.

>> No.8184187

This mexican exchange chick I know from uni keeps putting jalapenos on everything
I also tried her home made salsa, which pretty much boiled my bowels

>> No.8184196

>>8183730
Because it's GOAT on Doritos

>> No.8184227

>>8184070

Even if the sole reason were ecological proximity, of which I'm not convinced since the choice to use them could still have arisen to mask objectionable flavors, it still doesn't negate the idea that there was a distinct and disparate evolution of the taste sense among northern and southern climate peoples over thousands of years that accounts for the fact that northern climate peoples today are less capable of handling spicy food.

>> No.8184230

>>8183672
The eastern states are so pathetic.

>> No.8184299

>>8182913
I know right? No one would ever do that to us Americans I'm sure.

>> No.8184302

>>8183986
Because curry is the most popular food in the UK. Everybody eats it and most people like it hot.

Maybe hot food is unusual in America but it is normal in the UK.

>> No.8184319

>>8184302
Hot food is normal in America because we all eat hot sauce and buffalo wings and jalapenos on everything

In UK prob only the paki laki eat the curry

>> No.8184328

>>8184319
>Texas Pete and Crystal
>wing sauce
>jalapeños
>hot
I'm ashamed to be from the same country as you.

>> No.8184344

>>8184328
Hotter than gravy and ketchup, which are the only condiments available in the UK I think. Can someone confirm this?

>> No.8184352

White people eating retard-spicy food is both pathetic and embarrassing. You have the most genetically refined palates yet choose to douse everything in chili like equator niggers.
Get the fuck out of my gene pool.

>> No.8184367

>>8184352
Nope. Can't stand the heat, cry like the bitch you are.

>> No.8184373

>>8184344
I can confirm that your mother drank while she was pregnant with you.

>> No.8184378

>>8184352
>refined palates
>boiled meat and sardines

Bahahaha, desu though only white Americans know how to eat good (sugar, grease, and cheese on everything) and Italians but they're part black so

Most Europe is awful at food

>> No.8184389

>>8184367
What are you compensating for?

>> No.8184392

>>8184328
>Carolina Reaper
>As of 2013, Guinness has dubbed it as the hottest chilli in the world, surpassing the previous record holder, the Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T".
>Bred in a Rock Hill, South Carolina greenhouse by "Smokin" Ed Currie

Red, Cayenne, Tobasco, Jalapeno, Habanero, and all kinds of peppers have been a staple of southern, and southwestern cuisine since...forever.

From BBQ, cornbread, beef chili, stews, cajun cuisine, sausage, jerky, greens, to Tex-Mex, we've always enjoyed spicy foods.

>> No.8184616

>>8182911
>Be white
>Live in Arizona
>Shit on everybody who thinks white people can't eat spicy food daily

Even the Mexicans underestimate us, but the Southwest is a shining example that white people can eat all kinds of spicy foods and still have time to smoke meth afterwards

>> No.8184618

>>8182916
you can't go wrong with tabasco though

>> No.8184619

>>8184392
>>8184616
>all these stupid fuckers who don't know about glorious green chili

>> No.8184647

>>8182964
we literally have a university in new mexico that has a chile pepper institute dedicated to producing hot peppers and studying them. you're a fucking idiot.

>> No.8184666

>>8184392
>since...forever.

Americans are seriously pathetic. I honestly feel sorry for you. You are just so stupid you can be brainwashed.

>> No.8185064

>>8183854
>middle Mexico
Were there hobbits?

>> No.8185084

>>8183900
>I don't think Americans realise that Real English mustard is nothing like the yellow 'food product' they call mustard and squeeze from a plastic bottle.
Exactly, Colemans English mustard made LA beast spew and that guy once ate a fucking cactus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYyo3hqdyI

>> No.8185779
File: 14 KB, 446x299, ..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8184616
>the Southwest is a shining example that white people can eat all kinds of spicy foods and still have time to smoke meth afterwards

>> No.8185780
File: 7 KB, 125x125, n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8184666

>> No.8185784

>>8185084
Like ANYBODY thinks England is "famous" for mustard.

NOBODY has heard about your bullshit over here.

Clowns.

>> No.8185829

>>8182987
For my dad, it's to show off. But I'm sure he actually likes it too.

I don't mind spicy but I like to enjoy the overall taste of the food and not get bogged down by the spice alone.

>> No.8186009

>>8183742
mustard and horseradish don't have capsaicin. chili peppers came from the new world and were imported by the spanish. your "pungent spices" were weak ass black pepper and long pepper.

>> No.8186069

>>8183730
chicANO here

sriracha is objectively the best mainstream hotsauce you can buy

>> No.8187184

>>8182911
It's actually because of genetics. White people just don't have what it takes

>> No.8187215

>>8182911
>tapatio
>spicy

>> No.8187241

>>8183882
>Maybe Americans cannot eat hot food but Europeans don't have any problems with it.
The sort of americans who talk like that are usually posers.

>> No.8187249

>>8183928
How does a brit make chilli?

>> No.8187267
File: 21 KB, 316x237, 946361-british-celebrity-chef-jamie-oliver.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8182911

British people can't eat hot food.

Brits have really fat, pudgy faces that never really form past the structure of an infant. Because of this, their nasal cavity doesn't have a lot circulation and the heat from the peppers can get trapped in their nasal passages in a condition the Brits describe as "Rightly Wrong Propers." Enough pepper can cause aggressive nose tissue peeling and acute tooth loss in Brits. It's an unfortunate result of generations of inbreeding and eating nothing but boiled food that causes this painful condition, so really the only thing that could be considered spicy in Britain is parsley.

>> No.8187295

>>8184187
Is she hot? That's all that matters

>> No.8187296

>make generalizations about all blacks being niggers or animals
>"wahh wahh cry more you sjw triggered tumblr users"

>make generalizations about something silly like white people supposedly having no ability to eat spicy food
>white people everywhere get triggered and cry and shitpost like they're being called subhuman 24/7

I hope you racist types can see the hypocrisy?

>> No.8187298
File: 54 KB, 550x340, American culture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8187184

>> No.8187306
File: 222 KB, 480x452, 1468604591857.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8187296

>being an offended nigger on a Chilean swimsuit competition judging board meeting
>wonder why whites hate tar 'people'

>> No.8187312

>>8187296

"Racist" is a meaningless term since it's been used to describe anything that doesn't support a leftist agenda, cupcake, you'll have to do better.

>> No.8187313

>>8184302
Curry is not even close to the most popular food. I live in the UK and have only had it once and only because the hot Asian chick at the counter recommended it. I'm still trying to bang her

>> No.8187316

>>8184647
Is there a non-literal university?

>> No.8187327

>>8187306
>>8187312
classic 4chan, never change

>> No.8187337

>>8187312
>used to describe anything that doesn't support a leftist agenda
You may as well just say, "I don't like reality so I'm making up my own."

>> No.8187341

>>8187327

classic tumblr, never leaves.

>> No.8187399

>>8187337
>don't like reality so I'm making up my own

Congratulations! You've succinctly summarized the alt-right, Breitbart, and /pol/.

>> No.8187439

>>8187337
That's racist!
>>8187399
That's racist!

>> No.8187441

>>8182911
That's racist!

>> No.8187473

>>8182987
Peppers and most spicy stuff tastes really good on its own. Works well with a bunch of food. You're really missing ou t.

>> No.8187498
File: 4 KB, 250x180, 06206136.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

don't give a shit about euros vs amerilards but Tapatio is fucking nasty and the Mexican on the label looks like a pedo

>> No.8187506

>>8184299
America is one nation, Europe is around 50

>> No.8187541

>>8187506
america is a group of 50 states, each one with its own government, customs and culture. also each state larger than an entire european country

>> No.8187555

>>8187267
>British people can't eat hot food.
Right, keep talking out of your sharty arse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phall

>> No.8187571

>>8185784
Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.

>> No.8187575

>>8183672
I've never met anyone from Louisiana who wasn't absurdly proud of being from that shithole. The other one I talked to described bell peppers as being spicy, though, so I'm pretty sure you're full of shit.

>> No.8187579

>>8187506
The americas consist of two continents, and the U.S. contains 50 states, all of which were settled by people from various nations.

>> No.8187593

>>8187555

oh look another upity fucking brit that gets offended over nothing

go fuck your sister if you weren't in the middle of doing that already

>> No.8187653

As a person from Europe I can tell you that it is true. Everyone is so much of a pussy when it comes to spicy foods it makes me sad. A dash of cayenne pepper is the only thing most people can handle.

The strongest sauce you can get around here is tabasco.

I always hear the same shitty argument over and over: "Hot flavor is not actually a flavor because it targets pain receptors instead of taste receptors"

Like it fucking matters what receptors you use

>> No.8187657

>>8186009
>capsaicin is the only chemical to produce a burning sensation
Are you unfamiliar with the nostril-searing taste of horseradish or strong mustard?

>> No.8187663

>>8187653
>Like it fucking matters what receptors you use
Ignorance is bliss.

>> No.8187675
File: 594 KB, 785x820, 1475434517826.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8187663
>Flavor is not a complex sensation that includes aroma, texture, temperature and spiciness cannot be a part of it

>> No.8187676

>>8187653
>strongest sauce you can get around here is tabasco

I can drink that stuff like water and I'm an ameriturd. I never thought it before, but you yuro's really are pussy fags.

>> No.8187699

>>8187676
It kinda pisses me off that everything is so mellow. Every "very spicy" food in restaurants(except for Indian) is actually piquante. Even last week I was in a Subway(insert joke about that) and I wanted some habaneros in sandwich. The girl asked me if I want just some or a lot because they are strong. I told that just some. I couldnt even feel anything except for bitter taste at the bottom of my tongue.

You can of course get hotter shit than tabasco, but from small stores or web. But even in huge supermarkets, its always just some variation of srirarcha, tabasco or sweet chilli sauce. But you cant get anything with more than like 20 000 SHU

>> No.8187829

>>8187571
I agree.

Thinking other people would know about your shitty condiments away from your little island is ignorant as fuck, and nothing to be proud of at all.

>> No.8187835

>>8187555
Phall is great. Most people in the states order it to try as a dare but it's pretty good in my opinion.

>> No.8187858
File: 177 KB, 180x600, Piri piri.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Portugal invented it's own hot sauce, they use it in most of their traditional dishes.

>> No.8187875

>>8187699

Get your shit from amazon then you whiny bitch. And don't pretend to speak for all of Europe, I'm in a small village with less than 1000 people and I buy fresh Thai peppers and Habaneros from three different places in 10 min drive distance.

>> No.8188004

white people be like I think I used too much seasoning I used the whole water bottle

>> No.8188029

>>8187829
>Expecting me to know about other countries is ignorant.

>> No.8188051
File: 211 KB, 658x385, 1448911593353.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Europeans will deny it up and down but they eat the shittiest, blandest food in the world. Also, what's with all the Tumblrinas/angry negroids on /ck/? I've noticed a common trend of people complaining about "M-MUH RACISM" and "M-MUH WHITE PPL" lately.

>> No.8188067

>>8188051

coalburning numale faggots heard about /pol/ and want to use hackivism to change the world because we are anonymous we are legion etc

they deserve nothing short of death, especially the dark skinned ones.

>> No.8188086

>>8188067
>butthurt, alt-right, Breitbart fag, who suddenly realized most people in USica don't agree with the premises or conclusions in "Mein Kampf."

>> No.8188089
File: 7 KB, 225x225, Nice cat, faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8188086
>butthurt, alt-right, Breitbart...

It's like you're reading from a script....

>> No.8188104

>>8183674
Thats why i eat dog

>> No.8188110
File: 262 KB, 223x200, tumblr_n62hmfo9Xo1t7xeb6o2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8188086

Whoa there Jamal, public library computers are for people looking for jobs and other useful things, not shit posting about how much whitey owes you for having a fatherless family.

Now, please vacate yourself back to tumblreddit before you get angry at a handful of ordered words it took you 5 minutes to piece together.

>> No.8188129

>>8187316
Yeah, European ones

>> No.8188140

>Used to think I ate the "really spicy" stuff as a white guy
>Lived in Korea for two years
>Came back
>Everything in America now tastes like bland dogshit because the spicy level is so low in comparison
Seriously I don't even ask them to put hotsauce on my food anymore when it should be there, because they never put enough and the sauces they use are pathetic.
Fucking koreans know spicy food, everybody else is baby shit

>> No.8188159
File: 118 KB, 983x655, Sarah_Silverman_(Tribeca_Film_Festival).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8183968
This isn't a white woman to you? Really?

>> No.8188164

>>8182987
Helps me breathe among other things.

>> No.8188373

>>8182925
Who is this qt?

>> No.8188395

>>8188159
no that looks like a silver man to me

>> No.8188432

>>8188089
Yeah, my script, numbnuts, and the libraries are closed. And my face is whiter than yours, just not as knuckle dragging Neanderthal looking as yours.

Dare I say you go back to 3rd grade history to attempt your start at rejoining the human race?

>> No.8188578

>>8182992
Spicy isn't a taste, it's a chemical reaction between capsaicin and the cells in the mucous membranes in your mouth, which when exposed to capsaicin send signals to the brain that your mouth is literally on fire. It's a pain response, not a flavor and this is also why your spicy poops burn your tight little asshole

>> No.8188586

>>8188395
zozzle'd

>> No.8188624

>>8188432
I highly doubt that was a picture of them...

>> No.8188830
File: 22 KB, 312x315, Sorry about your balls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8188432
You seem upset.

>> No.8188838
File: 23 KB, 348x348, 348s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8183730
>Why the hell do people like tapatio anyway?

It's only $1.

>> No.8188956

>>8187506
>yurocuck education

>> No.8189739

>>8182911
>American spicy

>> No.8189908
File: 55 KB, 240x226, 1357344763622.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's all relative. The guys we work with in Mexico eat food that is too spicy for me. The guys we work with in Thailand eat food that is too spicy for the Mexicans. Good thing I don't consider how much spicy food I eat as indicative of my dick size like some of you do. I enjoy roughly Jalapeno spice level. I actually like horseradish/wasabi kind of spice more than heat though. My favorite hot sauce is Cholula because I tend to dislike vinegar.

>> No.8189935

>>8183712
could you taste the sweet flavor under the heat or was it just pure burn? I've had a few that were like flavor explosions under the heat.

>> No.8189949
File: 65 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Japs are worse when it comes to spices.

They can't even handle root beer.

>> No.8189966

>>8185084
that video was hilarious.
>>8189949
the korean girls try food videos are funny as shit too.

>> No.8189974

way to fartsmell

>> No.8189981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvdjBtw-XbE

>> No.8190004

>>8189949
Well, some types of sodas can have a surprising bite, but I wouldn't expect a dumb faggotmerican to know that.

>> No.8190011

>>8189949
yurocucks BTFO

>> No.8190013

>>8189949
Root beer isn't really that spicy but it does taste like medicine. I don't know why people drink it.

>> No.8190467

>>8190013
>root beer
>like medicine

Probably because traditionally it was made from the sassafrass root which had long been a folk medicine. Now, of course, they just use chemicals to duplicate the flavor.

>> No.8190471

>>8187506
Are all yuropoors this dumb?

>> No.8190485

mexicano de mierda carajo

>> No.8190492

>>8188838
Hey richfag, no one cares that you have it good and that your life is amazing.

>> No.8190498

>>8190013
>>8190467
It doesn't taste like any medicine I've ever had...

>> No.8190507

>>8190471
>America is like 50 separate countries! Some say soda, some say pop, some have thin pizza, some have thick. Totally different!

>> No.8190559

>>8190507
>land mass larger than europe
>somehow every state in it is the exact same besides pizza styles and what they call soda
I guess you answered my question.

>> No.8190598

>>8187296
I don't make stupid pointless generalizations about black people either.
Nice strawman, cunt.

>> No.8190634

>>8190559
The bottom line is this: Any place you go in America you're going to find the same chain restaurants. There will be some that are regional, but the bigs ones are national. When you go into the supermarket it's going to be 90% the same products no matter where you go, unless you find yourself in a particualrly upscale or ghetto market. And while there are distinct regional dishes the way most Americans eat on a day to day basis has much more to do with social class than where they live. Those with lots of money eat more fresh food than those making little, because heavily processed shelf stable stuff is cheap here. Poor and lower middle class people eat pretty much the same across the country, and it isn't pretty.

>> No.8190660

>>8190634
>poor and uneducated people eat like shit
Wow what a revelation.
Kebab stands are all over europe so the entirety of Europe must be the same as well. There's also mcdonalds, KFC, taco bell, etc. across Europe too, but no one eats there. They just magically stay open.

>> No.8190675

Bollocs. They cook everything with paprika in Hungary.

>> No.8190676

>>8183898
Spain has plenty of spicy dishes, it's all a matter of taste though. Most basque recipes are spicy but you don't have to make them so.