[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 139 KB, 1024x942, 1435890670279.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8062865 No.8062865 [Reply] [Original]

I never know what to get from the food store so I usually just starve myself. I've been surviving solely on peanut-butter and white bread for a few weeks now as it's all I've had in my house. Also have severe anxiety so trips to the grocery store are usually pretty stress inducing. My budgets around 70$ most of the time. Maybe a bit more.

I come to you as a desperate retarded man /ck/, what the fuck do people buy at the grocery store? I have no idea what meals I can make that aren't shit for me and I don't want to waste my money on garbage. I'm at a loss here.

>> No.8063225

The trick is to make casseroles of all of the stuff you ought to be eating. Broccoli is a great vegetable, as is Spinach, Kale, and others. Some great meats are chicken and turkey. Also Rice and Beans are both good together.

In fact, I would go to /fit/ and just read the sticky on dietary needs, and then leave. That place is more homo than /lgbt/

>> No.8063267

>>8062865
I go once a week and buy my meals for the week in that trip.

My weekly dinners are things like:

Omelettes with vegetables (spinach, pepper, mushroom)
Pita with olive oil, spinach, olives, feta, tomato
Pan-fried scallops or catfish fillets
Occasionally (since not really healthy) bagels with kippered salmon, cream cheese, tomato.
Thin-sliced brisket with steamed vegetables

>> No.8063448

Make a basic meal plan and order home delivery from the grocery store.

Or buy in a huge bulk of food that lasts like pasta rice, tinned stuff. You can do same with meat, but will need to portion it up and freeze it. Stock all the spices and shit you need. Then just buy veg as and when. Or you can buy frozen or tinned shit in bulk again.