[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 30 KB, 460x276, unemployment-job-centre-007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7479630 No.7479630[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

> If you don't have a job, you can't have food.

http://www.vice.com/read/thousands-of-young-people-are-about-to-lose-their-food-stamp-benefits?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Do you agree /ck/?

>> No.7479632

no

>> No.7479645

I've been working and paying tax for most of my life and if for some reason I lose my job or can't work I'd need a roof and a meal.

People that have never worked and don't try to find work that are physically able to work can starve for all I care.

>> No.7479649
File: 24 KB, 691x483, 1357515054098.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7479630
Indiana already passed a similar bill earlier last year (or the one before that?)
It was basically kicking out all the lazy, fat fucks who 'can' work, but choose not to.
Now to get the stamps, you either need to have kids, a job, or be actively looking for a job.
No more free handouts.
There was some grumbling, but eventually people got off thier asses and got to work.

>> No.7479666

this is the way it should be. Nigga I am a free rider, I'm 26 and don't do shit, I'm a leach in every sense of the word. In fact I even willingly cut my own hours so the government would pay for my health insurance.
Most people using these programs are like me, I have a 60 inch tv, unlimited data plan on my smartphone which I upgrade yearly, and spend most of my days fapping and looking at videos on the internet
my out of pocket living expenses are
$350-$400 a month
I have a part time job working about 10 hours a week, and about $200 of disposable income every week to spend.

>> No.7479682

>>7479649
That actually makes sense. I just hate when faggots say "HURR ALL THESE LAZY PEOPLE ON WELFARE" When lots of people, like myself, work jobs without benefits/insurance that are often low paying. I work long, hard hours, but I don't make much or have benefits, so I have obama care and food stamps (not at the moment though because I'm actually making decent money right now.) I think that the requirement should be that they must still work even if they have kids. Kids alone shouldn't be a requirement because it encourages lower breeding.

>> No.7479698

>>7479630
>>>/pol/

>> No.7479981

Yes, get a job.

>> No.7480008

>>7479666
of course those are your fucking living expenses you fucking prick. you cant make more than 1k a month and must have less than 2k in the bank to even qualify for food stamps before this bullshit.

>> No.7480924

CULL THE HERD

>> No.7480933

>>7479682
the baby boomer paradox
"THOSE LAZY MILLENIALS SITTING ON THEIR ASS RECIEVING GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE WHEN I WAS A KID I PULLED UP MY BOOTSTRAPS AND GOT A JOB"
>millennial gets the best job they can with their limited experience and haven't finished their ridiculously expensive education yet, giving them just minimum wage
"STUPID MILLENIALS WORKING SERVICE JOBS, I'LL HAVE A LARGE FRIES PLEASE SWEATY :)))))"