[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 11 KB, 406x422, 1409859374559.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6432910 No.6432910 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone compulsively try major-chain fast food when they're in a new country when they could be experiencing amazing and new local food?
Some part of me just has to find out the minute variances in similar products from the same company between countries.

Also, please report any observations relating to this.

>> No.6432920

Not really no.

Though occasionally it can be useful with international fast food chains on the travel since they usually carry free wi-fi.

>> No.6432927

I'm american, I know what all the major fast food chains in your country taste like because they're all american.

I'm here for your greasy street foods.

>> No.6432931

There's something to be said about fast food tasting worse the further away you get from their home country.

>> No.6433005

>>6432927
having once traveled to america, it at least tastes different from NZ.
I noticed in particular all of your candy tastes strongly of praline for some reason, and that your burgers tend to be more moist, but also more greasy, than ours.
Also, your kit kats suck dick.

>> No.6433021
File: 280 KB, 1024x768, 1383494269848.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No, not really. I'll eat fast food if I have to but it's not something I seek out. Usually if I'm traveling it happens when I'm stuck in some shitty north american airport and there's nothing else available. Although I have to admit in some countries McCafe is one of the only viable options for coffee.

You sound like one of those people who will finally snap in 2 or 3 years and start preaching about how "made from scratch is so much better, I finally made food at the age of 23 and I now understand we should all spend 11 hours a week baking bread" and "4,096 days since processed garbage"