[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 3.54 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_2341.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6168327 No.6168327 [Reply] [Original]

Hello.

Can you give some good pizza sauce secret recipes?

>> No.6168338

>>6168327
I either make a simple sauce using crushed garlic which i cook in olive oil until it is about to turn brown then add canned whole san marzano tomatoes. I crush them with a masher as they cook and i add some basil leaves as the sauce cooks. add salt to taste

another method is too just crush canned tomatoes and add some salt. and some basil leaves if desired but its not really necessary in the sauce. selection really all depends on type of pizza and cooking method.

>> No.6168662

Grate 2-3 garlic finely into a pastey-dicy form. Do the same with maybe 2 times as much of a small onion. a shallot works if you have those.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Throw in a bay leaf and a few peppercorns and heat them in the oil them for a minute or so. Throw in the pastey-minced onion and fry until a tiny bit brown, then add the garlic paste and fry that for a few mins. Throw in Italian seasonings such as oregano, thyme, marjoram, basil, red pepper flakes, etc. You don't need all of them but its best to have most. Warm up those spices then add some crushed tomatoes or other tomato preperation. Let this simmer for a good while, longer is better. Add water if you reduce it more than you'd want. Throw in your salt, pepper and a liberal pinch or two of sugar. 5 minutes later you should be good.

>> No.6168693

>>6168327

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water
3 T grated Parmesan cheese
1 T minced garlic
1 T Agave
1 T anchovy paste
3/4 T onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 T marjoram
1/4 T basil
1/2 T black pepper
1/4 T cayenne pepper
1/8 T red pepper flakes
Some salt

mix and let it stand for a minute

>> No.6168711

>>6168327
I just use crushed tomatoes. You could add minced onion and garlic i suppose

>> No.6169661

Add paste to your sauté
Stir
Then add everything back

There a name for this technique, forgot it

>> No.6169667

olive oil
anchovies
garlic
red pepper flakes
oregano
good tomatoes
salt
pepper

i think that's it.

>> No.6169683

>>6168327
I firmly believe simple is better with pizza. The sauce I use is nothing more than a little chopped garlic sauteed in olive oil and salt, with some crushed tomatoes added. That's it.

But if you're trying to replicate the sauce used at cheap slice joint places and chains try this: Heat a canned tomato sauce. Stir in garlic salt, onion salt, dried oregano and sugar.

>> No.6171250

>>6168327
1 can whole peeled tomatoes; unseed; puree.
1 small can of tomato paste.
few pinches of salt
Tablespoon of olive oil
teaspoon of both basil and oregano
sprinkle red pepper flakes

>> No.6171253

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/thick-rich-pizza-sauce/

Use fresh herbs if you can.

>> No.6171582

i usually take pasta sauce and add one spoon mustard and one spoon barbecue sauce

>> No.6172328

>>6168327
And Lo, for Omnonomnissaiah hath said, "For you shall make into thy pizza sauce the essence of deliciousness itself. Thou shalt make thy sauce mildly spicy, and savory unto itself. Thou shalt add Worcestershire sauce in the amount of a tablespoon, and cumin in the pattern of three shakes of the dispenser. With Italian seasoning in the amount of a teaspoon. Add a bay leaf to be removed when the sauce is complete. Add sea salt in the amount of a teaspoon, and sugar in the amount of one tablespoon to cut the acidity without harshing the flavor."