[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 86 KB, 425x757, fail pizza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5486011 No.5486011[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Need alfredo recipe. All the ones I found searching online contain cream or cream cheese and I'm pretty sure the original recipe was just butter and Parmesan and I don't feel like putting on pants to go to the store and get heavy cream. Pic unrelated

>> No.5486027

alfredo requires cream you dumb fuck

>> No.5486044

Cook pasta

Drain pasta, retaining a little of the water

Put butter in the pasta, mix it up and make sure it's coated thouroughly. Put parmesan in, mix again. Season with pepper (you should have added enough salt in the pasta water) Add a little of the cooking water if it needs loosening up.
You don't need cream, that's an americanisation

>> No.5486051

>>5486011
It's butter, cream, and parmesan.

Does anyone have a god-tier recipe? I can make a mean alfredo, but even then it still pales in comparison to Neuman's own.

>> No.5486052

>>5486051
use better cheeses or better cream
it's an incredibly simple dish but sometimes fresh cracked pepper just before serving can bring an extra depth to the cream

>> No.5486055

You don't need cream but most American recipes include it. Try searching for pasta al burro and you might find more suggestions that omit it.

>> No.5486056

I thought alfredo was butter, cream, parmesan and egg yolk.

>> No.5486067

>>5486056
egg yolk is another depth of creaminess
I've only tried it once and fucked up but my grandmother always included it for godtier alfredo