[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.56 MB, 1920x1200, 1391459028613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5465907 No.5465907[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Who here actually works in the food industry?
4 years line and catering chef.

>> No.5465956

>>5465907
But do you tip?

>> No.5466513

>>5465907
FUCK you OP
That picture is FUCKING STUPID
How is the astronaut even drinking that beer if he is in space with HELMET on
RETARD

>> No.5466522

>>5466513
ok... guy.
> number 1 (you)
Calm down. Chill-ax. Take a deep breath. You're in Earth's atmosphere. Doesn't it feel good? MMmmm... enjoying being alive.

> number 2 (beer)
The astranaut is clearly not in space. He is in moon's (admittedly weak) atmosphere. He is in it's gravity. The beer wouldn't even spill.

> number 3 (helmet)
The helmet is there to enjoy smooth crisp oxygen. Sure, a beer may be better. But what's better.. enjoying a beer and then passing out on a cold rock in space? or taking a photo of you drinking it.

> number 4. (picture)
That picture is FUCKING FAKE
you can tell by the auroraborialis.

now then. have i successfully killed this thread or DO YOU WISE GUYS HAVE ANY OTHER BRIGHT IDEAS OR STUPID QUESTIONS

>> No.5466551

>>5466522
Go EAT A DICK you subnormal SHIT.
>The helmet is there to enjoy smooth crisp oxygen. Sure, a beer may be better. But what's better.. enjoying a beer and then passing out on a cold rock in space? or taking a photo of you drinking it.
If he can't drink the fucking beer, why is he taking a damn picture? Who is he going to show?! The Earth is clearly being destroyed by A HUGE FUCKING METEOR. Is he going to show his FAGGOT friend who is on GOD DAMN FIRE that is not even possible on the SHIT FUCKING ASS MOON?! FUCK YOU, FUCK THIS PICTURE. Is everybody in the food industry this much of a FUCKING SHIT?

>> No.5466571

>>5466551
How did your finals go? Adjusting to life with the parents now?

>> No.5466576

Does fast food count? A&W for almost 2 years

>> No.5466577

I did a poll here awhile ago about this very topic.

/ck/ is mainly home cooks. Most of us do have some background as professionals, but most of us have left it behind.

>> No.5466598

>>5465907
I knew people that worked in the Cincinnati food industry.

All the good restaurants were/are in terrifying neighborhoods.

Staff have to leave in groups to do things outside like take out garbage. Going out alone means someone WILL try and go for you.

These days most of em' are adamantly C&C.

>> No.5466608

>>5466598
No kidding! Everything worthwhile is in a shitty neighborhood food wise in that city.

I don't miss it.

>> No.5466615

>>5466608
So yeah.
Combine the stresses of being a chef with the ever present risk of 'cultural enrichment'.

Heard a story about one /ck/ommado who had to think fast and bury his trusty chef's knife in a negro gentleman who had wandered up after hours and asked to borrow his car and wallet.

>> No.5466641

>>5466615
Wow...that's fucked.

I knew a guy that worked at Mac's Pizza Pub as a bartender that had a few crazy stories. Another guy that worked at Boca as a busser. A girl that worked at some hipster Popsicle place. A ton of people that worked in the food biz and yours truly as a dishwasher.

I attended the University of Cincinnati once upon a time. I don't miss the rampant crime alerts. I remember getting crime alerts that men were being raped in Burnett Woods, and weekly reports of robberies at knife/gun point and rapes.

>> No.5466644

>>5465907
How do you like it, OP? I just dropped out of uni to pursue a culinary career. Yep.

>> No.5466654

>>5466644
(Not OP, but) I just did too! Got a job as prep cook at a seriously fancy restaurant in Ottawa's Byward Market. Any advice for someone starting in the industry?

>> No.5466656

>>5466641
Some fucking freshman wandered outside close to the UC campus to look for his dropped phone.

He hasn't been seen or heard from for WEEKS. D:

>> No.5466671

>>5466656
Oh that's terrible. Is it that kid with glasses that people keep tweeting and posting about? Sorry, I haven't been in the tristate for a while...

>> No.5466694

>>5466671
Yeah. The reason why I mentioned it is that he vanished in the WORST POSSIBLE AREA.

The one next to a restaurant with stringent protocols for staff venturing outside.

The streets of fucking Baghdad'd be safer. And here is a freshman bumbling along on a security camera absentmindedly looking for a phone on the ground.

He's almost certainly going to be fished out of the river later on.

>> No.5466724

>>5466654
Which restraunt? Are they still hiring?

>> No.5466725

Are midwest cities really that shady? People here talk about how bad U of H and third ward is but I think it's being overblown by pussies scared of having their macbook lifted when they get up to go to the restroom. I've ridden my bike through there and it's just a bunch of poor blacks and some homeless, most of them are nice people if you just chill and converse with them like people.

>> No.5466780

>>5466694
Yeah, he's probably dead. That's so sad. Whereabouts did he go missing exactly?

>>5466725
Considering that cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Toledo, Gary, Dayton, Youngstown, Chicago, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, etc. are Midwestern, yes.

I'm not sure what other information you need, but I assure you that certain areas (Ohio my specialty) Gettysburg (Dayton), East Cleveland (Cleveland), Over the Rhine (Cincinnati) have very rough areas.

>> No.5466792

>>5466513

You clearly give a fuck.

>> No.5466796

Also I worked at an Arby's for about a month. Regret leaving, tbqh. Boss was laidback as fuck, lax rules, shit was pretty easy to be honest.