[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 94 KB, 500x500, tumblr_n0rcewFvai1smlim8o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5189829 No.5189829[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What are some of your favorite healthy meals? I really want to start eating healthy, and I know to eat veggies and fruits, but I don't know types of meals that are actually GOOD.

I would love some suggestions :3

>> No.5189840

crock pots are nice. slap in some meat and veggies and there ya go

>> No.5189843

Stir fry anything.

>> No.5189848

>>5189840
I actually made a very nice roast one night, with carrots, onions and potatoes. I didn't put enough bullions on it though :/ Still delicious!

>>5189843
That was something I had actually not considered. Thank you!

>> No.5189858
File: 130 KB, 586x480, silverstove.gif.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5189848
I've gone full-bore psycho over the past couple of years. I went and got one of these mofos (pic related). I keep it on the porch because it's so smoky. I'm getting withdrawal because it's too cold to cook outside. I'm going to binge hard in March.

>> No.5189869

>>5189858
Wh-what is that? It looks so..intimidating!

>> No.5189872
File: 158 KB, 1331x986, 364364326432.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5189829
I am NOT a doctor. ask your doctor before doing anything.

I try my very best to only eat organic, be careful where you buy organic food as some places will try to trick you into thinking that X price is acceptable when in fact they are severely ripping everyone off.

get some organic oats and nuts of all kinds, etc. add organic soymilk = instantly the best cereal ever.

chop up some onions and garlic and cook them up (be careful) with some olive oil and then add a bunch of canned tomatoes and put the lid on a simmer for 2 hours on low heat, boil some whole wheat organic pasta and when both are done, mix together and you have pasta and sauce, yet organic and not from a jar or a can of premade additives etc.

Don't use teflon pans, Don't cook with the microwave. just use stove and oven now, stainless steel and cast iron are your best friends.

you want to buy frozen organic fruit and vegetables for good price + they last a long time.

constantly surround yourself with fruits,veggies, beans, nuts, chia seeds, quinoa, black rice etc.

drink green tea (not lipton they taste weird) and just eat as natural as you possibly can.

not like THIS:
youtube.com/watch?v=AftZshnP8fs

rice and beans are good etc. almond milk, is good.

eat like your picture OP.

I am Not a doctor. Ask your doctor before doing anything.

>> No.5189880
File: 63 KB, 500x697, 4564565.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5189869
its a quantum nano flagoopamabopeder ultra exquisite backwards upside down turnitaround feedback loop inhibitor exponentially refrittered interdimentional zoopity doopity machine with the puddin pops a ho ho

honestly it looks like a portable stove, but I don't know anything...

>> No.5189881

>>5189869
Wok burner. I can't stir fry on the stove anymore. I need the heat.

>> No.5189890

>>5189872
Thank you for the advice!
(AND OMFG that pasta sounds amazing).

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into eating so naturally and healthy? Do you even eat anything processed/sweet anymore? About how much do you spend on groceries per trip, and how long does it last?

If anyone would like to answer that, I'm looking for as much help as possible. Thank you in advance! :3

>> No.5189891
File: 28 KB, 995x638, Cat iron coatin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5189881
Oh wow?

how does that work? do you have a cat iron wok?

why doesn't it work on the stove? I was really considering getting one but I don't know now that you mention this whole not enough heat issue.

>> No.5189897

>>5189880
LOL thanks. I'm kind of amateur when it comes to kitchen stuff. The best I can really do is toast.

>>5189881
Thank you! I am definitely going to look into using it! What do you tend to make the most when using it? Or is it a little bit of everything?

>> No.5189898

>>5189891

The whole point of a stir-fry is the very high heat. The heat itself is what creates the flavors in the food.

When you guys are arguing on this board about "durr, why doens't my stir-fry taste like the restaurant, what seasoning am I missing", THAT is the key missing detail. You're not missing the soy sauce or the chilis or whatever, you're missing the technique and the high heat.

The Chinese term for this is "Wok Hei". Google it.

>> No.5189905

basically for sweets, FRUIT = the new sweets.
honey, organic blue agave syrup, NATURAL. dates and dried fruits are great. = complete sugars from nature, unlike corn syrup.

no soda, no fast food, no hydrogenated oils, no yellow 5, no high fructose corn syrup. fluoride free toothpaste at whole foods. oil pulling (look it up) with coconut oil.
drink water with no fluoride in it (find a good brand and do research) maca root and spirulina in smoothies = multivitamin

no meat no chicken no fish. you would not believe how unhealthy eating animals is. you would not believe.

fructose itself isn't a bad thing, in nature many fruits are loaded with this stuff, and so is honey and agave nectar, but those things are usually a complete sugar.

high fructose corn syrup usually comes from a bad place to begin with, for example genetically modified corn from monsanto loaded with harsh chemicals and pesticides. and then its treated with even more harsh chemicals (inb4 water is a chemical, that agrumentative point is invalid as the context is discombobulated into manipulatively derailing the point without actual basis, as well as the fact that there are many different good and bad chemicals in subjectivity to the human body, and even the good ones are taken in moderation) so after the corn syrup being treated with chemicals (again) they add even more terrible stuff to neutralize its pH which at the point of finishing its crazy journey it is sold to companies to use it as a cheap sweetener in drinks and foods. at this point its a very incomplete sugar that poisons the liver, causing all kinds of insulin issues and unhealthy fat buildup of bad fats sometimes around the liver.(not necessarily weight gain).
i do however believe (but never tried any of) that Organic corn sugar that has not been processed could likely be relatively safe and healthy in moderation.

>> No.5189909

>>5189897
remember that you don't cook with the sesame oil, you add it later OFF the heat for taste.

>> No.5189915

>>5189898
I believe you anon, couldn't I just get some metal thing for my stove to increase the heat conductivity towards a wok I am using? like an anvil with a negative dome shape cut into it? leave it on the stove for an hour as it heats up, then cook with the wok?

bad idea.. VERY Bad idea... right?

I am not a doctor. I should ask my doctor before doing anything.

>> No.5189919

>>5189905
read the ingredients list on EVERYTHING

>> No.5189948
File: 4 KB, 200x200, ThatsRightSmartGuy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5189880
It's a 100,000 btu portable stove.

>> No.5189967

>>5189915
>like an anvil with a negative dome shape cut into it? l

That fixes a different problem with woks and electric stoves, which is the thermal conductivity between the heating element and the wok. But even if you fix this problem then you still have the issue of the heat output (watts per second) isn't high enough.

To put it in perspective, a typical electric home range is about 3000 BTU on the small burners and about 5000 BTU on the large ones.

A home gas range is about 15,000 to 30,000 depending on the size of the hob.

A wok range can easily be 100,000 btu or more.

The other problem is that a stir-fry makes a lot of smoke and steam---not practical to do that indoors unless you have a restaurant quality fume extractor.

Best advice for doing stir-fries at home would be to do what the other anon did and buy an outdoor propane burner (aka "turkey fryer"), or you could also put your wok over a charcoal fire, like a BBQ grill.

>> No.5189975

>>5189919

If you're buying food that even has an ingredients list then you're doing it wrong.

You should be buying whole foods: fresh meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, grains, fruit, nuts, etc.

If it has a nutritional label that means it's processed, which means you ought to be questioning why you're buying it at all. Make it yourself instead, that way you know exactly what goes in it.

>> No.5189984

>>5189948
whoaaaaa does that mean its REALLY HOT?

>> No.5189985

>>5189975
The NOT a doctor, ask your doctor guy told me not to eat meat (but I can't stop eating meat, I think it would kill me). So which is it? I mean, I can get fresh cut beef straight from the farm, if that's better than going to a butcher.

>> No.5189988

>>5189967
whoa. cool. thanks.

>> No.5189990

>>5189905
>no meat no chicken no fish
thx bye
i'm choosing to eat unhealty

>> No.5189995

>>5189985
quinoa, chia seeds, beans, soymilk, aloe vera = great sources of amino acids and proteins.

you could do it....

>> No.5190029

>>5189995
I could if I wasn't allergic to so many things on that list :3

I'm getting an allergy test in two weeks and discussing meal options with my doctor :3

>> No.5190090

>>5189897
I usually do a small amount of meat and a bunch of veggies. Like a single chicken breast is a meal for two adults.

Beef: take part of a london broil and shave it thin
Pork: get a pork loin and make 1 inch chops, then cut the chops into slices
Chicken breast: just slice it
Scallops
Shrimp

Vegetables: you need to put your vegetables into tiers as to how quickly they cook. Good vegetables are bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choi, shredded cabbage, carrots, either shredded or steamed first because they cook so slowly, broccoli, tomatoes (should go in separately after everything else is almost cooked).

Lots of fresh ginger, and make a nice sauce to toss everything in. Thicken with cornstarch.

>>5189891
Carbon steel wok. Fry with peanut oil.

>> No.5190136

>>5190090
EAT ALL THE MUSHROOMS!
I eat them every chance I get, no matter what form they are in. I try to eat them real fresh though.

Thank you all for the tips. :3 I LOVE YOU ALL!

>> No.5190829

>>5189948
>Posts a pic of The Dane

You. I like you.