[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 43 KB, 491x348, Boar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5086720 No.5086720[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ITT we create recipes out of the things currently in the fridge and the kitchen.

I'll start with the 'Boar', a sandwich with bacon cooked extra crispy, onion [fried in the bacon grease], half an avocado in thick slices, and ranch on one slice of marble rye, with mayo on the other. Made it for lack of BLT ingredients, I now think this is optimal over the conventional one though and will repeat it sometime.

>> No.5086727

God deal OP, although I'm not fond of ranch on sandwiches. How was the ranch/mayo dichotomy?

>> No.5086728

Marble rye makes me throw up in my mouth, but other than that, 8/10 would definitely eat. I would use sourdough.

>> No.5086730

>>5086720
>ITT we create recipes out of the things currently in the fridge and the kitchen.

That's like 80% of my cooking right there.

>> No.5086741

>>5086727

It was terrific. I figured, there's really nothing on the sandwich that would be questionable with ranch, other than maybe the mayo or the type of bread, but it complemented the flavor of the rye surprisingly well. (using a normal layer of ranch, spread evenly on the bread of course. I didn't go crazy on that.) The mayo side was mainly to give it a BLT characteristic.

>> No.5086796
File: 709 KB, 1443x1103, I made some empanadas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I rummaged around and found some things. I was really hungry! I had half a small avocado with some grey salt sprinkled over top and 1tspish of olive oil and 1/4ish tsp of balsamic vinegar. A small brine fermented cucumber pickle. 1 tbsp of mixed nuts (peanuts,almonds,cashews,and pistachios). 3 dried figs, 6 oz of stonyfield whole milk yogurt, 1/2 pear, 1/2 tsp of of raw honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. 12 oz of unsweetened milo's iced tea.

>> No.5087162

>>5086720

This reminds me that I'm essentially out of food.