[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 6 KB, 251x247, 1310411782978s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5011566 No.5011566[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>order a cup of steaming, near-boiling coffee or tea
>spend the next 10 minutes blowing it and trying to cool it down
Why do people do this? Is it a cultural thing, or just something Americans do?
Why don't restaurants give people the option of a cup of coffee that isn't scalding?
I've heard of some Japanese teahouses that wait until the tea is the 'ideal temperature' before serving.
I think that would be fucking awesome.

>> No.5011581

Perhaps everyone isn't as much of a raging faggot as you are?
Hard to believe, I know.

>> No.5011591

>>5011581
#rekt

>> No.5011595

You can ask for an ice cube or even wait a couple minutes before drinking!
I know it's hard to not stuff you face with whatever is given to you, but coffee is meant to be served hot.
Tea isn't coffee. Tea isn't even meant to be boiled at all. u r a dum

>> No.5011596
File: 49 KB, 394x480, 1319610152144.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

<Not savoring the delicious aroma while reading the paper and sipping gingerly
Maybe the smell of goaT dung is too powerful in your native country to enjoy this feel.

>> No.5011598

Drink iced coffee, pussy.

>> No.5011602

Listen, pinko, in 'merica we have the freedom to drink our coffee when it's damn well cool as we like, not wait for some nanny to give us permission to drink our tea-tea out of a baby bottle

>> No.5011603

>Is it a cultural thing, or just something Americans do?
Is this a meme now?

>> No.5011614

I do not know coffee but tea must no be boil. Good tea is cooked more cold

>> No.5011626

God dammit, /ck/, how do "people" like OP still exist in 2013?

>> No.5013809

Restaurants do it to prevent people from getting more free refills of their coffee cups, OP.

I'm surprised it's still going on. McDonald's got its corporate ass handed to it about twenty years ago because of burns a patron suffered when her coffee cup popped apart and caused third-degree burns all over her lap.

For all the shitposters here who don't understand that lawsuit, all she asked McD's to do was to pay her medical expenses of $25,000, which was quite reasonable. McD's played hardball, and the jury found that because of a LONG history of customers being burned and McD's joking about it internally, they needed to get a two-by-four slammed into their head so they would understand that it isn't nice to intentionally cause people to get third-degree burns.

A quick Google search shows that apparently the trend is boiling hot coffee again, so I guess we'll have to have a new poster-child case before restaurants back off again and stop causing $25,000 in injuries to people in order to save ten cents on coffee, water, and electricity.

>> No.5013816

>I've heard of some Japanese teahouses that wait until the tea is the 'ideal temperature' before serving.

Why don't, you know after they serve you the hot coffee or tea...why don't you wait for it to get to "ideal temperature"? Whats the fucking difference you dumb nigger.

>> No.5013817

>>5011566
>I've heard of some Japanese teahouses that wait until the tea is the 'ideal temperature' before serving.
not only in japan
pretty much any tea place worth a damn here in Vienna does the same.

>> No.5013821

>>5013809
>but muh personal responsibility
>dont' tread on me
>freedom!!~~~!

It's amazing how special interests have hijacked that case to tie it in with knee jerk gun nut feelings, old people hating, and just general poorfag fear and worship of large corporate interests, whereas when you look at the facts it's a pretty straighforward case of a victim being smeared by the most expensive lawyers and corporate PR spin doctors money can buy.

>> No.5013831

>>5011566
If made in a teapot tea is much closer to a drinkable temperature.

>> No.5013833

>>5013809
>a two-by-four slammed into their head

Unfortunately even the $12 million was less than one day's coffee receipts @ that time for McD