[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 121 KB, 545x552, Fox-Spies-Grapes11_5x9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4961849 No.4961849[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

what kind of cafe, restaurant or club would /ck/ open?

>> No.4961852

theater if anything... not sure what to serve though

>> No.4961858

Crab legs

>> No.4961861

>>4961849
Bookstore/coffeeshop or tea house.
I don't think I have the management skills to ever pull that shit off though.

>> No.4961880

>>4961849
Bakery. I want my gift to the metro area to be Diabeetus.

>> No.4961900

>>4961880
>the metro area

>> No.4961905

>>4961849

Bistro.

I'd make my own sandwiches, soups/stews and salads. Maybe have a cocktail bar. i'd find a local bakery to make our read and rolls and have an outdoor patio a street or two from a central drag.

Maybe call it something inviting like "Your mom's fat pussy"

>> No.4962376

i hear them illegal restaurants are a thing

>> No.4962377

Daily menu type where you could choose from 3 starters 2 mains and 2 desserts, 1 drink and coffee included. We might also do breakfasts.

>> No.4962418

Pub, maybe sports pub. Strong focus on imported European beers, rustic pub foods like pies and hams, and lots of dishes incorporating beer.

>> No.4962427

A classic french brasserie in a cosy side ally somewhere in paris, named "Les deux chiens"
All the classic slow cooked french stews and the like, always fresh bread...

>> No.4962441
File: 240 KB, 1024x768, 905e46b8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tiny noodle stall might be fun
don't have to deal with a whole herd of people and you can pretend every customer is BRADE RUNNEURH

>> No.4962444

>>4961849

I would open up a good Italian restaurant. I would make authentic thin crust brick oven pizza, stromboli's, chicken parmesan, handmade mushroom ravioli, etc. I'd also focus on imported Italian red/white wine and have a very big selection. It wouldn't be one of those scummy places though. It's be a white tablecloth/candle/dimmed lights/quiet piano music sort of place.

>> No.4962480

I would open a cafe that specialized in beer and liquor. And instead of food, girls would dance naked on a stage. You can pay them extra to dance on your lap.

>> No.4962483
File: 64 KB, 600x417, Paradise-Garage[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Paradise Garage

>> No.4962511

I have some ideas:

I live in sweden so everything is abit expensive here. But I would want to open a place for people that like food but don't want to have to spend alot of money on expensive ingredients.

so basically what i would want to start:

For lunch there would be three or four different alternatives that changes every week or so.

ALT 1.
Fast food / streetfood (pulledpork sandwich, hamburger, fishtaco etc, blt sandwich, texas chili etc.)

ALT 2:
Asian (traditional asian food like pho, thai soups etc.)

ALT 3:
Traditional european food: swedish meatballs, wallenbergare, cottage pie, boeuf bourguignon

(ALT 4)
(vegetarian)

Only one of the examples from each category would be served each day. And everything would of course be made from scratch. Make my own stock for the pho etc.

During night time the concept would be basically the same items on the meny but also would serve different side orders and small dishes like kimchi, different types of pickled things, fries, skewers etc.
And would also serve different kinds of meals intended to be shared over a couple of beers.

Would also be open as a bar during the evening. With focus on good quality beer but not only oscure small breweries, i think both sides are necessary i hate places where they only have really obscure expensive beer and no 50cl bottles for a good price. I like expensive beer also but i think you should have the option of choosing.

Would also try and maybe have a ping pong table or two or something else that people can enjoy themselves around while attending the restaurant / bar.

Around closing time, 02-04 somewhere around there I would serve "night time food", one dish every day - some typical fast food but made with fresh ingredients. So that people wouldn't have to go to mc donalds to get something to eat after clubbing, instead come to me :)

>> No.4962521

>>4962511
>Swedish
>Not mentioning god-tier tunnbrodsrulle

Why not, Ånon?

>> No.4962531
File: 59 KB, 500x360, larrylevan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4962483
A big, emphatic yes to that.

>> No.4964043

bump

>> No.4964061

I'd open a diner where people cooked their own food, and like it.

>> No.4964131

I actually own and operate my own restaurant. Its mostly American and Mexican fare but we have some pasta and European dishes.

We actually have a very complete menu. All the breakfast favorites like eggs benedict, steak and eggs, omelets, scrambles, pancakes, huevos rancheros, breakfast burritos, etc...
For lunch we have lots of sandwhiches, burgers and tortas filled with everything from slow roasted pulled pork to vegetarian options that actually taste good (even if you aren't a vegetarian). We also have street style tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, chile rellenos and pretty much anything else you could want.

For dinner the Fajitas, steaks and other meat dishes are the most popular but we also have great chicken dishes, pasta dishes like spaghetti carbonara and pasta primavera, hearty delicious salads and fish dishes like salmon and red snapper.

As for liqueur we have a modest wine selection a very decent craft beer selection and fantastic margaritas and sangria.

Things I'm currently working on are expanding the wine selection and introducing spanish style tapas like plates of cheese, iberian cured ham and embutidos, tortilla de patata, croquetas, empanadas, olives and salted fish.

>> No.4964147

Dessert cafe. One with those glass refridgerators

>> No.4966168

bump

>> No.4966191

A laid back spot where a man can get a philly cheese steak and have a cold alcoholic beverage.

>> No.4966210

>>4964131
neither wine nor beer are liqueurs.

>> No.4966219

Winery/BBQ Restaurant

>> No.4966261

A good 24/7 coffee and tea house with a nice library, spots for laptops, and decent music with locals playing some nights.
Its sad when the only consistently good coffee I've had was at one particular Starbucks and local shops cost even more than chains.

>> No.4966281

>>4962418
Gastropubs. The thing you're describing is a gastropub.

>> No.4966722

liquor makes the most profit so hopefully some type of pub
>local beer on tap
>great burgers that come with onion rings instead of fries
>restaurant favorite honey mustard

>> No.4966742

/ck/ would probably open a place that just sells ramen cooked to perfection in a microwave and some neckbeard would be out the back sharpening a cheap but good knife on a rock so he can open the seasoning packets quicker, another neckbeard would chase the females away.

>> No.4966757

>>4961849
Bar and grill, deliver alcohol and stupid high mark up. Preferably at a base town.

>> No.4966771

Maid.

>> No.4966774
File: 497 KB, 349x240, otter.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd love to start an alt-sexuality craft cocktail bar. Polyamory, BDSM, GSMs- you name it. A place for freaks and perverts to be themselves and have a well made drink or five. Honestly, food would be less of a concern, although I'd make sure it was decent. Nothing too fancy, just good drunk food- wings, pulled pork sandwiches, Philly cheesesteaks, all sorts of potato dishes.

>> No.4967484

>>4961849

I wanted to have a restaurant with my boyfriend.