[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 36 KB, 500x333, pie-dough-disk-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4933994 No.4933994[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What is the simplest way I can make pie crust for quiche?

Or is there a better type of dough to make for a quiche?

I was thinking of taking butter, flour, water (all cold of course) and then just taking it for a spin in my blender a little bit at a time until it gets mushy enough to make a dough.

Sound good?

>> No.4933996

Look up a recipe for proper German strudel or Hungarian rétes dough and use that. It's made of strong wheat flour (also known as bread flour) giving it a stretchy quality and ability to withstand moisture whilst baking, making it ideal for quiches. If you have to, look up the recipe in German or Hungarian and use a translator to get it into your language.
G'luck.

>> No.4934017

remember 3-2-1

3 parts flour (plus a pinch of salt)
2 parts cold diced butter
1 part cold water.

all by weight.

cut the butter into the flour by hand. then in a mixing bowl add the water a litttle at a time until the dough is just workable.

enjoy.

>> No.4934089

>>4933996
>>4934017
Cool, thanks guys.

>> No.4936806

Personally I've come to prefer quiches with tart crust rather than pie crust.

>> No.4936921

Peel, thick slice, and parboil some yukon gold potatoes. Line a buttered pie pan with the soft potatoe slices and mash up the rest with your fingers and mash them into the open spaces. This makes the best quiche crust imho, nothing better than eggs and taters