[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 647 KB, 2524x1828, 2013-08-22 11.40.54.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4929309 No.4929309[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Any new recipes that you made recently?

I'm going to go grocery today and I'm bored of making sandwiches 80% of the time-- I get free artisan bread from my roommate's bread delivery job. So that's getting old.

I'm also tired of pork at the moment. I've been making shredded pork (bbq or mexican) way too much, because pork is cheap.

Anyway, please share some recipes that you enjoyed.

Thanks.

pic related: butter chicken i made a couple of months ago. i'm not really feeling it for indian at the moment.

>> No.4929318

butter pork sandwich

>> No.4929322

>>4929318
Lol

>> No.4929456

>>4929309
Looks good OP.

>> No.4929494

I made a meatloaf the other day. It was pretty good. I started out using a very basic recipe and just started adding spices and ingredients at my own discretion. Came out pretty good.

>> No.4929529

Today's lunch was smoked fish soup.

For each serving:
Butter, 1tbsp
Potato, 1 small
Onion, 1 small
Flour, 1tbsp
Smoked fish, 50g/2oz
Fish broth*, 150ml/⅔cup
Milk, 150ml
Salt*, to taste
Parsley and/or dill, ribboned, a handful
Pepper, to taste

Place butter, potato and onion into a pan and set to high heat.
When the butter is melted, lower heat to medium-low/low and sauté until onion is just about translucent.
Add flour and cook into a light roux.
Add fish and stir in broth and milk to dissolve the roux.
Simmer until thick.
Salt to taste.*
Stir in herbs and pepper and bowl up.

* you may use fish bouillon cubes instead of broth and salt; swap broth for plain water

I also baked Neapolitan peasant's bread this morning, though I started it at ten last night.

Bread flour, 140g (about a packed and leveled cup)
Yeast, 1tsp
Salt, a heavy pinch
Water, 140ml (about ⅔ cup)
AP flour, 65g (about a half cup)

In a bowl, whisk together bread flour, yeast and salt.
Stir in yeast until it just comes together into a shaggy mess.
Cover the bowl with cling film and set in a warm place for eight hours.
Pour AP flour on top and massage about with bowl scraper.
Use your hands to fold the dough towards the centre to make a ball; if it's sticky, massage about in the bowl to coat with more flour and try again, repeating until you can fold it over and over into the centre.
Move it about in the bowl so that it is coated in excess flour on all sides, flipping the ball over if necessary.
Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise another hour and a half.
Heat oven at 235°C/450°F for thirty minutes.
Remove dough from bowl, place onto a floured baking sheet and bake 25 minutes.
Allow to stay in the oven another 30-45 minutes, then remove and enjoy fresh bread.

>> No.4929539
File: 708 KB, 1600x1200, 1328229745426.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4929309

You know what's really great in life? You sit down to eat a stewed dish. It's warm, the components are tender, the meat just falls apart, the aroma fills the room, your plate, it's stronger. Your mouth waters at the thought of eating it. There's fresh bread on the table, butter. You take a bite of the dish and you have this sharp, crunchy feeling. It's a fucking parsley stem. And you're like "fuck this gay Earth", you flip the table, move across states, and never return.

Would you eat a fucking salad with your fucking cow stew you fucking moron? Are you a cook or a photographer you fucking confused piece of shit.

Have some peas motherfucker.

>> No.4929549

Also, Ck.booru.org. have a good one OP! A lot of the stuff is weird or just archived /ck/ challenge stuff but its pretty cool.