[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 134 KB, 800x600, Burger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4642700 No.4642700[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I need /ck/'s help. I believe it or not have never cooked a burger before...

Well, thats not entirely true. I once cooked burgers in a frying pan, when I was black out drunk, and I ate them and ended up getting sick to my stomach and throwing up.

I digress though, I know how to and can cook steak. I know you simply can cut into it to check the color of the insides.

But how can you tell when a burger is done. It cooks differently than a steak, and you don't exactly cut into those.

How can I tell when they're ready? How long does it take approximately, thawed and or frozen?

>> No.4642705

Well, I don't recommend cooking anything frozen, almost always a bad idea

I usually know when mine are done when the red juice starts leaking out of the top. Or I cut a slice in it and check :(

>> No.4642712

there is a pretty wide range of doneness that will taste pretty good for burgers, its hard to mess up

>> No.4642716

i like my burger pretty rare, but a lot of people would rather it be more done... definitely thaw it first, i would put it in a frying pan, medium hot, about 6 minutes on a side... you can sort of tease apart the burger to look inside it your first few tries to get the hang of how long it takes to get it to your preferred doneness

>> No.4642720

get yourself a meat thermometer if you're that much of a cooking newfag

>> No.4642722

Practice and cut them open to check like >>4642705 says until you can judge how done they are without checking.

>> No.4642745
File: 11 KB, 211x246, 1336988452272.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4642705
>insulting the burger

>> No.4642747

>>4642705
I bought some frozen Bubba Burgers and it says on the box NOT TO THAW =/

>> No.4642808

140 grams of beef tenderloin ground through an 8mm meatgrinder, 25 grams of beef fat added into the mix, pressed in a patty and cooked medium rare, seasoned with black pepper, bearnaise sauce and onions(red if you have them) on sweet white seedless bun. Maribo cheese melted on top of patty.

(I cook burgers for a living, this is the only thing I've eaten at work for the past 6 months.)