[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 67 KB, 1024x768, 1369505049627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4560059 No.4560059 [Reply] [Original]

Alright /ck/, I need to stop all my goddamn snacking but the problem is I'm never fucking full.

What are some decently low calorie things I can make for myself that won't leave me wanting more an hour later?

>> No.4560064

>>4560059
A bullet

>> No.4560073

>>4560059

Pretty much fruit or some unoffensive vegetable like carrots or celery or something.

>> No.4560078

Nah I wan't some real food. CArrots and stuff are fine if I get peckish but I want some meal Ideas.

>> No.4560085

>>4560078

Oh, thought you were looking for snacks. Well...still pretty much the same thing. You're looking for stuff that's really heavy on fiber. Stews are a good choice, all the flavor of meat, but mostly made up of vegetables.

>> No.4560088

light yogurt and lowfat string cheese

filling as fuck

>> No.4560108
File: 443 KB, 800x1050, OATZZZ!!!!!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

morning day and night

>> No.4560114

Buy a sack of wheat bran, I got mine in a agricultural market, the kind that sells animal food, but you can get it pretty much anywhere.
Mix about 1 egg + 2 cups of mildly roasted bran + some water + some extract or flavouring or just the bran with some yogurt and make crackers with it.
You can also make cereal.

>> No.4560124

>>4560114
This will be pretty much pure undigestible stuff, so no calories, but it might take 2-3 days to get used to it, it will make your shit somewhat thicker, though shitting it will feels good man, and your poop will come out black because of the iron and the nutrients

>> No.4560197

Lentils. 1/2 cup is 140 calories, not sure if that's too high, but it makes a shitton of food. Thr fiber and protein will keep you really full. If you want more food, throw 2 cups of spinach in there after its done cooking for 20 more calories.

>> No.4560252

>>4560088

you're better off eating full fat and sticking to the portion size. not only does diet food never taste as good, but it's actually not as good for you.

>>4560078

what about vegetable soups? broth is filling and the vegetable make it even more filling... even something like a cup of coffee or tea can be filling, something being warm can really help.

when i snack it tends to be on raisins and fruit, but if that's not filling enough or satisfying for you then go for soup (throw in some lentils too that's always a good addition...just pay attention to the serving size)

oats are really good cuz they'll keep you full for a while, and egg whites are really low calorie so you can have a plateful of eggs without actually going overboard...make a vegetable egg white omelette and you'll be more full.

think of the lower calorie things you enjoy and eat more of those... i'm the kinda person who can eat an entire bag of spinach cooked if i'm really hungry (with garlic and seasonings) and be satisfied with just that if i'm worried about eating too much... but not everyone is so you gotta find what works best for you.