[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 65 KB, 1600x1060, pizzabutt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4465988 No.4465988 [Reply] [Original]

so i just made some pizza dough out the bread machine. enough for three 12in pizzas.

well im letting one rise for a couple hours to cook tonight. placing it under a damp rag for the time being.
>dont know why, just seen others do it???

what about the other two, how should i store them? just put them in a tupperware in the fridge?
what about when i let them warm up before cooking?
>they need to warm up a little so theyll stretch out, right?
how do i keep them from forming a hard crust while heating up after being pulled out the fridge?

>> No.4466010

You can retard them for as much as twelve hours, I think. Possibly more? When I worked as a baker, we never let the dough retard longer than six, but I think you can go as much as twelve without worry. Why not use one or both of the other two balls to make cheese-and-garlic monkey bread?
Break it off into several smaller balls and roll them in a mixture of minced garlic, minced fresh herbs, ground peppercorn and olive oil.
Put them into a loaf pan and let them rise a tad before baking.
Bake.
Remove.
Enjoy delicious cheese-y/garlic-y/herby flavour throughout.

>> No.4466011

>>4465988
put them in a dish with plastic wrap over it
when storing in the fridge

just let it sit out in the container to warm up

>> No.4466013

I store my pizza dough in greased plastic wrap, kept in the fridge for up o 4 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.

>> No.4466014

ummmm ive used it after about a week, just harder to stretch out. my pizza chef rooommate was like "wat? i did not know that"

but yeah, just wondering what would be the best way to store them for the next 2-4 days

>> No.4466015

should i put flour around the tupperware so it dont stick?

>> No.4466028

>>4466015
oil it
it will seal in the moisture

>> No.4466045

you guys are soo smart, thank ytou ,cocks

>> No.4466999

bamp

>> No.4467017

Jeff Varasano suggests that 4 days is optimum, less doesn't produce as much flavour and more the dough starts to become inactive. If you leave it for 4 days in the fridge just rub a bit of oil over it and stick in a tupperware or something. You can get away with not kneading much if you do this as the gluten develops slowly in the fridge all by itself.

>> No.4469516

MY SISTER TOLD ME TO LOOK UP AN HOUR LONG video on how bread is made.anyuone can recommend something?

>> No.4469541

My dad used to dip plastic wraps in cold water then cover the dough and put into fridge.