[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 8 KB, 200x191, hot_grills_04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4417951 No.4417951 [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking to buy a fancy grill for my new house next year.

Should I just go to Lowe's and pick one, or are there better ones to be found on the internet?

Also need to decide between propane and charcoal. Probably going to go propane.

>> No.4417978

for some reason I never feel the urge to invest in an overly expensive grill.. you're going to shit it up anyway.. unless you're planning on building a complete outside kitchen, a regular charcoal/gas combination from weber will do just fine.

>> No.4417993

>>4417978
When I said fancy, I meant big.

>> No.4417995

>>4417993
I want to be able to fit at least 8 steaks on it.

>> No.4418012

>>4417995
well, food for though, if you're planning on cooking a lot of things on it at once then coal may not be your best option.. and now I understand your point of propane. have you started looking at a few "entry-level" models you see at your local Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's etc..? gauge the size and check out the options I guess.. read up some customer reviews on particular brands that catch your eye.. I personally think Weber makes great, sturdy grilling equipment.. This Char-Griller that my mother's boyfriend brought home, as an impulsive purchase, is currently falling apart.. ofcourse, it has accidentally been lit on fire by her casual bf before.. since it's difficult to understand the concept of grease and shit collecting underneath.. it does get very hot relatively quickly though. as far as rack space, not much of a playground there.

>> No.4418099

>>4417951
>probably going to go propane

Taste the meat, not the heat

>> No.4418103

Get a Big Green Egg and never buy another bbq in your (now) happy life.