[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 399 KB, 500x636, dgh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4375580 No.4375580[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Talk about times people were not classy in restaurants.
I have a friend that always asks "is bread free", he then asks "are there free refills on soda" every single time as though this is not a standard practice.
he will sit there and just keep ordering free bread and sip a coke the entire time until he is full and never actually order food and also he lives in this delusional world that since he is not ordering actual food he is somehow more entitled to the bread provided at the beginning of the meal and hogs the basket.

we went to olive garden and he asked if bread was free like usual (you know the main selling point they push in almost all their commercials), and the waiter said "don't worry about it".
He left the waiter a HUGE tip and then got mad that nobody else was not doing the same, he said "you really need to tip him more, he hooked us up with the bread"
fucking retard

against better judgement he came out for a friends birthday at a higher end restaurant and got pissy because there was no hamburger on the menu, one of my other friends had enough of his bullshit "shut the fuck up, sorry they don't have a kids menu here for you"

>> No.4375587

What a shitty thread.

>> No.4375589
File: 5 KB, 64x64, Miyu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4375587
don't be upset anon-kun~

>> No.4375597

>>4375580
It seems like you don't know how to olive garden.

You get unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks with every entree (along with drinks). Truly unlimited. So order whatever you'd like or what you think can be best reheated, stuff yourself silly on the unlimited items, leave a big tip, and then have your entree for lunch the next day.

>> No.4375598

Some of your friends will make good dining companions, others won't. This guy sounds like he's in the latter camp.

>> No.4375605

>>4375597
my olive garden tries to limit people doing that. They are only allowed to bring out 3 bread sticks at a time no matter how large the table is and they always take their sweet time with the unlimited stuff.

>> No.4375613

>>4375605
report them to corporate
they have to do it or they loose their affiliation

>> No.4375614

>>4375613
mother of god...I think I will.

I very rarely eat there but I should just do it to be a jerk

>> No.4375645

I went to a California Pizza Kitchen with a few friends, which sells fancy pizza. (Their pear arugula one was pretty good). One member of our party got a water, and asked for a buttload of lemons. He proceeded to squeeze them into his water and add packets of sugar because he was too cheap to order a goddamned lemonade. Fuckin'... if you can't afford it, then don't make a show of trying to beat the system.

This is the same moron that tried to explain to us the "ancient Chinese ritual" to opening fortune cookies. I tried to butt in saying that fortune cookies were invented in California in the early 20th century, but he told me to shut up and cross my damned chopsticks and make a wish or whatever. I don't talk to him anymore.

>> No.4375648

>>4375645
fuck I know a girl that does that, I actually don't talk to her anymore either because she decided to go get hooked on meth

>> No.4375659

>>4375645
>not making your own lemonade
pleb

>> No.4375684

>>4375659
I'd boot you from my establishment for that

>> No.4375702

> Only eats breadsticks cause they're free
> Only orders water cause it's free
> Tips extra

If you're trying to save money, I don't get it.

>> No.4375709

>>4375684
Your imaginary establishment.

>> No.4375714

>>4375709
just sayin. But my establishment would not be so pleb as to have sugar sitting on the table. If people ordered coffee they would receive a small sugar bowl instead of packets.

more cost effective for me and more convenient for them

>> No.4375720

>>4375714
bowls of sugar do not keep

you will never own a restaurant because you think shit like this would work

if you seriously think bowls of sugar would be cheaper than packets you are beyond retarded

>> No.4375731

>>4375720
it will be fine because my establishment will make cakes and pies. There will always be fresh sugar on hand.

>> No.4375738

>>4375580
>>4375645
>>4375648

Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong people (or in this case, the right people), but I've never experienced this sort of wacky business with any of my friends. Everyone's civilized and knows how to act in public.

This shit's so foreign to me.

>> No.4375741

>>4375580
dont hang around with braindead retards then
>bread
top lel

>> No.4375773

The only thing I can think of is that my one friend does not tip well and it's pretty embarrassing going out with her.

>> No.4375779

>"you really need to tip him more, he hooked us up with the bread"
Fucking hilarious

>> No.4375837

>>4375645
>>4375580
This is some of the funniest shit I've ever heard. I wish I knew these people.

>> No.4376579

kawaiiuguuu~~~

>> No.4376597

>>4375580
who the fuck eats out and then has bread n water

>> No.4376608

>>4376597
a cheap ass looking for a free meal. Probably waits until everybody finishes and picks at their leftovers.

>> No.4376609

>>4375702
Im assuming the tip is still smaller than the cost of the meal

>> No.4376614

Where do you find backwater mouthbreathers friends like these? Worst case scenario with my friends is they get loud when drunk, but even then they wouldn't stoop to these people's level.

>> No.4376678

>>4376614
I had a favorite ramen shop near my apartment which I would frequent, the place was tiny and only sat about 16 people at once all across the counter with the owner cooking right behind it. I would struggle to call it a restaurant it was really more of a hallway with a stove in it.

so I am sitting there with my friend and it is prime lunch hour so the place was full and we were the only 2 white people in there, everyone else was a nip, all of us sitting in very close proximity and basically elbow to elbow across the counter.

there was an anime convention in town and I mentioned how the night before I wanted to eat here for dinner but it was full of weebs playing naruto and taking fucking forever to finish so I ended up not getting any.
My friend in the worst social display I have ever experienced blurts out "Yeah I really fucking hate all those japanese faggots"

my jaw dropped and everybody stopped what they were doing and just looked at us....we had to leave, I tried to apologize a few weeks later but I was not welcome there anymore. I was a regular customer he remembers me and now I can never go back.

>> No.4376684

>>4376678
>everyone else was a nip,
Don't feel bad for you at all

>> No.4376687

>>4376678

/ck/ meets real life

>> No.4376699

>>4376684
but why

>> No.4376700

>>4376678
Shamefur dirpray. You dishonah you famarah!

>> No.4376798

You sound extremely snobby and horrible to be around.

>> No.4376815

>>4375773
I know that feel
One of my roommates is black and he absolutely will not tip when we go out to dinner.
It doesn't help that he's the most demanding person at the table. The rest of us white folk always feel obligated to tip extra to make up for his shitheadedness

>> No.4376817

>>4376798
you sound extremely pleb if you think it's alright to go to a restaurant and eat the bread but not buy anything

>> No.4376829

>>4376815
I often don't tip.
At the beginning of the meal I have a $5 bank, every transgression such as me needing to ask more than once for something, not being available on the floor, not checking on the table, letting my glass go empty and so on you will lose a dollar.
on the flip side you can earn more dollars if you provide excellent service and are going beyond the call.

most servers don't get more than pocket change out of me

>> No.4376870

>>4376678
honestly that's how real ramen restaurants are like

>> No.4376879

>Friend who loves Korean food
>Immediately asks if side dishes (kimchi and such) are free and unlimited
>Orders entree and asks for side dishes refills for 400 times
>Store owners start to tell him its limited
>Half the restaurants in the city won't serve him any side dishes with his meal
I hate going out to eat with that nigger

>> No.4376915

>>4376879
I went to a korean BBQ place with my aunt and her friend, it was all of our first time going there and the way the tables were set up was there were privacy curtains between the tables to separate parties.
They gave us a ton of sides and we had no idea what most of the things being served were, the friend kept taking the dish and leaning in on the other side of the curtain where these korean people were sitting "excuse me but what is this?"

dammit does it matter? if you like how it tastes just eat it, leave them alone.

>> No.4376922

>>4376915
The point is that the idiot keeps getting us denied of the side dishes

>> No.4376936

>>4376922
you should break up with him

>> No.4376991

>>4376597

It's called "having more friends than money"

Get off 4chan some time and talk to a few people and you'll find yourself getting dragged out beyond your means a few times

>> No.4376998

>>4376991
if red lobster or outback is beyond your means you have problems

>> No.4377029

>>4376608
>mfw i order something like wings and the one cheapass takes one as if he's entitled to a wing just because he didn't order an entree

>> No.4377038

>>4377029
fucking hate that guy, and he will sit there picking at the fries on the edges of peoples plates

>> No.4377044

>>4376991
No, it's called being a fucking loser.

>> No.4377051

>>4376829
Considering your order would normally need to be $25 by yourself to justify a $5 tip, I can't say that's unfair.

>> No.4377052

I was at fridays once and got into a bit of a feud over who could eat a cheeseburger in the fewest number of bites.
so we were at the table ordering cheeseburger after cheeseburger and slowly pushing the line, 5, then 4, then 3, then I was pushing the bar again and going for two bites to take the whole thing.
Our table was right next to the kitchen and I am stuffing this thing into my mouth, a waitress with a full serving tray stops short on her way out of the kitchen when she sees what I am doing and a bus boy carrying a full bin of glassware walks right into her. They both drop their bundles, 5 entrees and a whole bin of glasses hit the floor right in front of the kitchen, there is food and broken dishes and glasses everywhere.

she probably got fired for it, I sort of feel bad thinking about it now.

>> No.4377053

>people not classy in restaurants
I have a socially retarded Indian friend. Doesn't get how the world works, but academically a genius.
Anyway, I went to Chili's with five friends (gotta love that back support), and got the $25 meal deal with another friend.
When it came time to split the bill, we ended up making him do a $30 tip, based just on me paying the same amount for our meal and drinks.
Guess we're the ones not acting classy towards him.
Hi TJ <3

>> No.4377055

>>4376915
I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind if people want to talk to me in public, so I can't really be annoyed at your friend on your behalf.

>> No.4377057

>>4376991
In that kind of situation I ask one of my friends to pay, and I pay for something else at a later date.

>> No.4377064

>>4377052
Had a friend who worked at Fridays. Same kind of thing happened. It's actually not uncommon and you certainly won't get fired for it unless the manager is a dick.

>> No.4377070

>>4377055
Imagine you are a korean girl who does not speak very good english and you are having a meal with your friend. Some white woman keeps leaning over and asking you questions and it is obvious you dont really even understand half of what she is saying.

>> No.4377080

>>4377064
the new years eve before this past one I was at the same fridays with a friend of mine and a woman had sudden diarrhea, she was wearing a skirt and the bathroom was on the other side of the main dining area, she ran through the restaurant farting and shitting herself leaving a trail on the floor behind her.

shit was literally hilarious. The management gave us free dessert because we were dangerously close to the splash zone.

>> No.4377087

>>4377070
When she points to her dish in an inquisitive gesture, I would say, "It's cat," and go back to my meal.

>> No.4377111

At this local mexican restaurant with my brother and his wife, he always talks really loud and slow to the waiters, like its the first time they've ever heard english.

>> No.4377119

My fucking idiot friend would always read the foreign menus out loud and try to pronounce the foreign words. He always laughs and makes fun of then sometimes. Fuck It's embarrassing.

>> No.4377125

>>4377080
>eating at a fridays
>laughing at a woman shitting herself in the "restaurant"
Classy

>> No.4377126

>>4377119
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Jyl_sTmE0

I was at a japanese restaurant that for some reason had chicken cacciatore as one of the chefs specials and I heard some guy order it but pronounce it as though it was a japanese work, he used japanese pronunciation and was trying to be mewy mewy authentico but just looked like a retard.

>> No.4377134

My girlfriend tends to drink giant Long Island Ice Teas when we go out, and then she proceeds to talk (and eat) louder. I'll be trying to enjoy my beer and whatever I'm eating and she'll being gesticulating across the table and talking with her mouth full.

I love her to death but that really gets on my nerves.

>> No.4377165

Friend always criticizes food in retaurants. How fucking stupid can he be? The cooks can hear him for fucks sake. Too dry! Too salty! Not enough flavor!

Fuck!

>> No.4377167

I hate going to fancy restaurants with my family. They always say prayer before eating and it's so fucking awkward. Everyone stares and it just feels out of place. I'm glad I'm a satanist now because fuck my parents and sisters. I don't want to fucking pray before eating. Fucking unclassy retards. Anyone else hate eating with fuckwits?

>> No.4377170 [DELETED] 

>>4377167

i swear to shit if this was you guys

>Serving one day
>Two old people come in, take their drink orders
>Bring their drinks, set them down and ask if they're ready to order
>They're praying and the man gives me the stink-eye

>> No.4377171

I went to Australia for a few weeks on holiday and the service was pretty much crap. The portion sizes were always too small and they fucking didn't speak English properly, I always had to have them repeat what they just said because it sounds like gibberish to me. The good thing was that everytime I complained they would give me free food for compensation. That's why I couldn't wait to get back to America, Australians are such a third world shitty country for food and it's expensive as fuck as well.

Next I will probably go to Britain or something. Hopefully they are better.

>> No.4377173
File: 464 KB, 1600x1200, IMG0131A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4377167
...right..

I just sorta start eating anyway. My family is 'somewhat' religious, but they tend to keep it at home.
At restaurants, we all just dig in.

My only complaint is my sister actually using a calculator to find out what she should tip, and complaining if we don't.
I just leave a dollar and give her a look.

>> No.4377176

>>4377173
Is your sister hot though?

>> No.4377179

>>4377171
idiot american.

Go to mainland Europe, France and Italy especially, if you actually want incredible food and service.

England has no cuisine, neither does murrica, canadia, australia, etc.

>> No.4377181

>>4377179
How am I an idiot? Have you been to Australia? It's expensive as fuck and the portions are so small that it could probably only feed 1 starving african kid.

>> No.4377187

>>4377181
you're an idiot for going to australia and expecting good food, idiot.

You're also an idiot if you're hoping england will have good food either. I live here and it's utterly shit unless you pay through the nose, and when you realise you're just ordering pasta dishes or the menu's in french, you'd really be better off getting the real thing.

TL;DR: Stop bitching about your ignorance. Go to France or Italy, admire the non-shitty architecture, eat the moderately priced yet mindblowing food, whilst enjoying the sunny weather.

At least you actually have a passport.

>> No.4377194

>>4377181
your never going to get giant amerifat portions outside murrica

>> No.4377216

>>4376579
I just imagined some neckbeard actually saying that out loud at a restaurant and everyone else at the table looked at him like "The FUCK did you just say?"

>> No.4377219

>>4377126
chicken kakiyatore

>> No.4377297
File: 176 KB, 960x960, rm_filet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to expensive steakhouse
>like seriously nice place, $40-$80 per person
>everyone is dressed nice, upper white class patrons, classy music and decor, waiters dressed sharp
>sit down with friends, waiter arrives
>I order my steak and bottle for the table, waiter turns to one of my friends
>"I'd like the ribeye steak, medium well, and a plate of fries instead of the creamed garlic spinach and roasted potatoes and sprite"
>annoyed but I'd never say anything, so I let it go
>food arrives, giant plate of fries
>"May I have some ketchup and mustard?"
>10/10 would rustle again
>Waiter: "I'll see what I can do." and finds ketchup and mustard.
>friend squirts mustard on his steak, and a ridiculous amount of ketchup on the side of his plate, then salts the fries.
>proceeds to eat fries by picking them up with his fingers, at least 5 at a time usually more, dipping
them into ketchup like he's at McDonald's
>spreads mustard all over steak, dips each bite into ketchup
So fucking mad that day, never ate with him again.

>> No.4377304

>>4377297
thats a nice fucking picture

and that story rustled up my jimboys

>> No.4377312

>>4377297
i honestly see nothing wrong with this... eating fries with your fingers at a steakhouse is fine, otherwise they simply wouldn't offer them; ketchup and mustard are bog standard condiments that ought to be available EVERYWHERE; mustard on beef is completely normal, frankly most steaks suffer for a lack of a stronger acid offset

>> No.4377324

When I was in college I had a few chinese classmates. Whenever we eat they would always eat with their mouths open and it was so fucking loud. Fucking chink motherfuckers. I'm glad I don't see them anymore.

I fucking hate asians and their food is pretty shit as well. They took me to a pho restaurant and it tasted like shit and was so fucking dirty. Then one day they even had the nerve to make fun of my country's food. They said the Chicken Vindaloo wasn't to their liking yet they can eat shit like dogs and cats and disgusting chicken feet. Holy shit they're fucking plebs. How about they grow some taste buds.

>> No.4377327

>>4377297
Why do you care so much what other people eat? Are you autistic? It's not like they're taking away your enjoyment. Why are you watching him eat anyway? Unless you paid for his meal you can shut the fuck up.

>> No.4377355

>>4377297

everything in your post indicates a deep seated insecurity.

you remind me of a woman i know. when planning her wedding, she asked her fiance to keep his best friend out of the wedding because he wasn't photogenic.

the best thing for you to learn is to stop living your life to impress others; the ironic thing is that that is the best way to impress people who count.

>> No.4377359

>>4377126
in Japan or the US?

If you're eating in Japan you can't pronounce things right or they don't know what you mean. Try it at Starbucks. Go ahead, order "frap-a-chi-no." then after letting the awkward silence elapse, order a "Hu-ra-pu-ci-u-no" and get your actual drink.

In a really backwater place, you can even do this with coffee or coke/cola. (ko-hii, co-ku, co-ra)

>> No.4377360

>>4377355
WTF? I would dump that friend since I hate unphotogenic people as well.

>> No.4377410

>>4377360
unphotogenic means ugly right

>> No.4377411

>waiters coughing and not covering their mouth

>> No.4377412

>>4377411
>people, anywhere, covering their mouths with their hands when they cough or sneeze

Cough into your shoulder. Coughing into your hands is basically the worst thing you could do, especially for a waiter. Much worse than just coughing into the air unless you have SARS or something

>> No.4377416

>>4377410
No. It means they look ugly in photos.

>> No.4377417

>>4377412
How the fuck does one cough into their shoulder? What kind of snake-boned contortionist freak are you, china girl?

>> No.4377420

What's with all the children and trolls in this thread?

>> No.4377421

>>4377417
If you have a sever spinal injury that prevents you from turning your head by 20 degrees, use the back of your elbow or something

>> No.4377425

>>4377421
The back of the elbow is even harder to reach than the shoulder.

>> No.4377426

>>4377425
Are your arms backward or are you in a full body cast or something?

>> No.4377429
File: 67 KB, 400x406, AHAHASHIT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4377126
>mewy mewy authentico

This just fucking killed me and I have no idea why.

>> No.4377431

>>4377426
Fuck I'm an idiot. I kept think back of arm as in elbow. I see what you mean now.

>> No.4377435

When offered the wine to smell by the sommelier to check if it's corked my dad always used to say just pour it he doesn't care. Classy.

I usually stick to pubs and chains where he can't fuck up when I see the family.

>> No.4377438

>>4377435
Wow, such a wine expert you are. I bet you couldn't even tell. I also bet that you return $5 bottles of wine if it's not chilled to perfection.

>> No.4377439

>>4377438
Srsly. How often is wine corked? How often does that reaction happen? How about, you're the fucking sommelier, you tell ME if it's corked!

>> No.4377459

>>4377439

In theory, maybe 5%. In reality it's pretty simple - if you get one that's corked, the rest of the case is much more likely to be corked. If you want to mess with tradition, you get right to that. Along with tipping and whatever else you want to wage a one man crusade against.

>> No.4377479

>>4377111
God, I fucking hate this kind of thing. People are always to my immigrantbro coworkers like they're fucking retarded. He might still have an accent, but he's lived in the US longer than I've been alive. His English is just fine, asshole.

>>4377173
>being autistic about the tip
I never really got that. I just tip whatever I feel like tipping. Usually ends up around 20% at my regular places, but it's not like I need a damn calculator.

>> No.4377481

>>4377194
You can get giant ass steaks in Argentina.

The cheeseburgers in Ireland are especially big and meaty.

>> No.4377484

tfw in country with no tipping culture, nobody cares or expects free bread or extra soda and everyone is polite, modest, understanding, with more than enough common sense and everyone is very well mannered

>> No.4377487

>>4375645
>implying that's not how you do it in france

>> No.4377488

>>4376815
Don't be such a dumb niggerlover then.

I've got a friend who won't tip period. But he doesn't eat out much,

>If i was supposed to pay more it would be on the bill
>Not my job to make up the shit wages your boss pays you
>Get a real job, faggot

>> No.4377491

>>4376678
Start eating at an American place then.
If the nips can't take some xenophobia they shouldn't dish it out.

>> No.4377493

What kind of places is it acceptable to eat alone in? Big fat greasy neckbeard here btw.

>> No.4377496

>>4377421
>inside the elbow

fucking immigrants can't even into english

>> No.4377504

My wife doesn't know how to use a knife or fork, even though I keep showing her how. It's embarrassing as fuck seeing her hold it like she has some congenital defect.

Also banned her from eating steak after she ordered a filet mignon well done.

>25 dollars down the shitter

>> No.4377511

>>4377504
>banning your wife from steak

Fucking misogynist. I hope she divorces you.

>> No.4377513

>>4377504

you werent eating it, and if she enjoyed it, then it wasnt down the shitter, fuckin prick

Medium Well eater here.

>> No.4377518

>>4377511
>>4377513

keep crying bitch nigger

>> No.4377519

>>4377513

This. Medium rare eater here. When my grandma wants well done, she gets well done, end of discussion.

Fucking control freak asshole.

>> No.4377526

>>4377519
>>4377513
What happened to you, /ck/. There was a time of greatness, where someone ordering a pricy cut of the most succulent meat and ordering it well done with ketchup was seen as an abomination.

If she wanted well done, she should have gotten strip or cube steak; by the time it's grey inside, it all tastes like nasty shoe leather anyway.

>> No.4377541
File: 140 KB, 1600x1067, 001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4377526
>pricey
>$25

Top lol, I clapped, gr8 b8 m8. Besides the fact that you were in a low tier restaurant as demonstrated by your $25 filet, that cut is a low tier entry level steak ordered by nubs. Everyone knows it only tastes good if it's wrapped in bacon and drenched in butter. It's perfect for cooking well done because it's tender no matter what (that's the only reason people order it).

As far as times of greatness, I can guarantee I've been here since before you, so suck my e-peen, control freak know-nothing tard.

Here have something they didn't have on the menu where you ate, because it was all freezer packed jaccard crap anyway.

>> No.4377543

Steaks are eaten med rare or rarer.

That's the right way to do it, just like almost everything else has a right way to do it.

When the farm cats are dying, instead of shooting them, we get them killed at the vet. I don't want to, but my wife insists it's the right way to do it. Instead of calling her a misandrist, I go with it, because marriage is a 2 way street.

get rek'd foreveralones

>> No.4377549
File: 59 KB, 512x383, 1302926294781.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4377526
>most succulent meat
>fillet mignon
You just went full motherfucking pleb. Fillet's the boring as fuck steak for people more concerned with appearance than quality. Do you think that couple sitting over there noticed we ordered the filet? We're so classy! Fucking pleb.

>> No.4377562

>>4375659
>>4375714
>>4376817
>>4377324

oh look. You think you're intelligent and elite by calling people plebs. That's so cute.

>> No.4377569

>>4376817
Grow up. What do you gain from being too "classy" for free bread? Who are you trying to impress?

Relax.

>> No.4377576

My dad does this everytime we go to a steak house

>waiter/waitress waiting for tip
>dad says "want a tip?"
>"get a real job"

So fucking embarrassing

>> No.4377580

>>4377576
I like your dad.

>> No.4377581

>>4377569
You should probably be classy enough to at least buy something if you're going to go into a restaurant as a bare minimum.

>> No.4377583

>>4377029
>>4377038

betas who don't know how to deal with people like this:

first time they do it, say "do you mind?" or "what are you doing?" in an aggravated tone.

second time, tell them to knock it off and brandish a fork.

ever again: stab their fucking hand with said fork.

>> No.4377586

>>4377481
>third world country
>thinking 500g is a giant ass steak

>> No.4377591

>>4377052

You're disgusting. This is how stupid fat people like you choke.

>> No.4377592

>>4377493
Home
Food court
or anywhere if you're not a social retard who cares what others think

>> No.4377594

>>4377167
lol. I hate the word "edgy", but it is so fitting for this reply.

>> No.4377595

>>4377053

You're a fucking douchebag.

>> No.4377596

>>4377583
There's a difference between alpha and a prick. You're probably a prick.

>> No.4377603

>>4377576
I actually laughed out loud.

>> No.4377608

>>4377596
> stopping someone from stealing from you is unacceptable behavior

>> No.4377615

>>4377167
>>4377594

same. I hate the whole "oh you so edgy" newfaggotry, but god dammit,

edgy teen rebel detected. satanism is one of the only things even more retarded than organized religion, fuckwit.

>> No.4377616

>>4377608
No, it's not unacceptable. It's just the way you're approaching it makes you seem like a prick since he is your friend in the first place.

>> No.4377621

>>4377616
Not much of a friend if he thinks its okay to steal from you

>> No.4377625

>>4377171

What you experienced is called a "normal" portioning size. It's what they do over seas because they're not constantly catering to fat demanding pigs like yourself. You're incredibly dense and culturally sheltered if you didn't pick up on that. Most likely you had everyone in the kitchen facepalming.

inb4 country v. country, I'm American, just not as culturally retarded as you.

>> No.4377631

>>4377173
>>4377479

this. Standard tip is 20% and if you can't figure that out in your head, you're fucking retarded.

1. look at the total
2. move the decimal to the left one place
3. cut it to 2 decimal places
4. double it
5. round up to the nearest dollar.

jesus fucking christ it's not that hard.

>> No.4377632

>>4377359
In the US

>> No.4377634

>>4377625
Don't blame us for having thriving agriculture.

Damn Australians refuse to deal with their rabbit issue

>> No.4377638

>>4377634
>their rabbit issue

American here, as I understand it this is code for "abbo issue", is this correct?

>> No.4377640

>>4377493

any. nobody fucking cares if they see a stranger eating by themselves. normal people don't pay attention to that shit. they eat their food with their own group.

>> No.4377641

>>4377638
No, rabbits are raping the Fuck out of Australian agriculture.
Which is hilarious because they don't want to do Shit like give everyone a gun and offer cash for the pelts

>> No.4377644

>>4377496

you know what he meant now close the hell up you damn gnat picker.

>> No.4377647

>>4377504

don't be such a raging controlling faggot. Who are you to control how others prefer their food? I bet she cheats on you because you're controlling in the bedroom.

>> No.4377648

>>4377644
No I didn't.
>clips

>> No.4377650

>>4377641
I think they used to do that for dingos, maybe they still do.
You would get like $12 for every dingo you shot.

Rabbits are good for eating too so you would think people would be encouraged to kill some but at the same time the mid west is being overrun by feral hogs and even americas seemingly insatiable pork lust isn't enough to keep their numbers down

>> No.4377654

>>4377647
Virgin detected

>> No.4377655

>>4377526

because /ck/ doesn't consist entirely of control freak elitest food nazis. fuck, if someone wants food their way, let them fucking have it.

>> No.4377656

>>4377038
fucking thisss. I don't mind sharing, if you ask me I'll give you a couple fries, but fucking ask me first!

>> No.4377659

>>4377650
>feral hogs
You mean Americans?

>> No.4377673

>>4377596

I'm a prick because I'm going to do something about it if someone tries to mooch off my plate? There's a difference between being a prick and being assertive. You're probably a mooch.

>> No.4377676
File: 29 KB, 482x800, 1340754795003.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4377659

>> No.4377677

>>4377412
do americans lack an inmunologic system?

>> No.4377678

>>4377616

>the way I'm approaching it

so what's wrong with making it clear I don't approve and giving multiple chances? Do you expect people to be nice about it? That went out the window once the "friend" starts eating off other people's plates like a fucking animal. That's something I expect from my cat, not a grown human being.

>> No.4377682

>>4377634

>thriving agriculture

corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn corn milk beef

>> No.4377686

>>4377641

>cash for pelts
how do I economy?

>> No.4377690

>>4377654

nice response bro. I'm a virgin because I know how to treat another human being. You're butthurt because anon called you on being an insufferable douche.

>> No.4377691

>>4377659

no americans are complacent hogs content with being confined in a cage eating all the slop they want until they're big, fat, and squishy.

>> No.4377728

>>4377690
Don't be mad you know nothing about women.

>> No.4377770

>>4377171
>American complaining about the rest of the world's portion sizes

you realise you are a walking fucking cliche don't you m8?

>> No.4377772

>>4377631
>20%
>rounding UP
Are you fucking dumb? Why give so much?

>> No.4377781

>>4377179
Europe has the best food, hands down. However, European service is absolute shit. They often make you pay up front, they nickle and dime you for every little thing, and they just generally ignore you/treat you with disdain. If the food wasn't so good, I wouldn't even bother.

>> No.4377787

>>4377690
>I'm a virgin because I know how to treat another human being.

what kind of PC nonsense is that? is all sex rape in your world?

>> No.4377793

>>4377586
500g is close to one pound. That's a pretty big steak for one serving.

>> No.4377794

>>4377631
Entitled waitcunt spotted.

Shit, the standard is 15%. There are family places that have shit like bells, airhorns and whatnot behind the bar that they sound off when a check comes back with 20% or more tip.

>> No.4377823

>>4377417
Fat person detected.

>> No.4377826

>>4377794
That's bullshit. Standard is 20%

>> No.4377832

>>4377647
>I bet she cheats on you because you're controlling in the bedroom
>controlling in the bedroom
>because women hate being dominated in bed

>> No.4377836

>>4377826
Yeah, in NYC it's 20%. But it varies from place to place. In Japan or Switzerland it's barely anything. And even in NYC's Chinatown whether one tips varies from place to place, depending on how many non-Chinese are among the clientele.

>> No.4377840

>>4377794
>There are family places that have shit like bells, airhorns and whatnot behind the bar

I've never stepped foot in an establishment like that, but it just cements my guess that you're poor. I've noticed the lower middle class thinks a 15% dinner tip is somehow large.

>> No.4377876

>>4377826
Fuck you, poor waitfag. 15% is standard for doing your job. 20% is reserved for waitstaff that actually manages to look like more than a barely competent cup and plate carrier.

If you think you deserve 20%, go find a real fucking job.

>> No.4377883

>>4377134
My sister, her husband and son came to visit me in the city, only they arrived earlier than we had planned. That's not a problem, really, but I was in the middle of preparing dinner. They buzzed on my building door and I let them up. My sister and nephew arrive and inform me there are quite a few bags downstairs. I ask her to watch the kitchen and run down to meet her husbando who is casually standing around 5 bags of clothes, comforts and other crap. I get to the bottom of the stairs and he begins his ascent, leaving me to carry the bags. As I lug the items up the stairs, he's a floor ahead of me telling me some office-related story I didn't care to hear. When I reach my door, it had closed because no ass had propped it open for me. I open the door and I see this man dumping the food (minus what was in the oven) into GARBAGE. I asked what the problem was and he said, quote "You really shouldn't leave things out for days at a time, I know being a slob is easy when you live alone." Luckily I'm not a hairy man, because I could feel my skin begin to prick up and my blood was boiling. So, after I found out my loving sister had killed all the heat because she didn't want to stand in my kitchen more than snoop around my apartment, I was ready to give up. My dinner was in shambles and the Adam's Family Jr was complaining about being so hungry, so we head out to find a place to eat.

They decide they want to go to a Japanese steak house, fine, plenty of those around. Somehow we end up driving way out of the city and they locate a suitable place. Something that struck my eye is that the neon characters on the outside of the building weren't Japanese, but Korean. We get to reception and as the attractive, young woman in front of us, currently smiling, is preparing to greet us, all I hear is "Konichi waaaa!" Her expression went from happy to shocked and back to what looked like a very painful fake welcoming smile. We're seated, things seem like they can't get worse.

>> No.4377889

>>4377826
Standard is 15% in Canada, just saying.

>> No.4377893

>>4377770
Jokes on you, I'm on a motorised cart.

>> No.4377898

>>4377883
Long story abridged, he first asks if they can make him a schnitzel, then some questions about "that Chinese stuff, erm-- dim mak? dim sum? hehe" before finally settling on steak, cooked to well-done "black like shoe-leather." Food comes and we wish each other a fine dining experience, only he's not eating, just sitting there. When asked what the problem was by the waitress, who must have sensed his distress from back kitchen, he just barked "there's no ketchup at this table, how am I supposed to eat this steak without ketchup."

As I looked around the table, worrying for my sibling and more importantly an unshaped mind in the hands of this man, the only comforting thing was that I would finally have a genuine story to share with /ck/.

>> No.4377900

>>4377898
I seriously hope that she brakes up with him and milks all his money off him like all women do.

>> No.4377908

>>4377876
>15%
>standard

flyover poor detected

>> No.4378007

>>4377908
>flyover

Stop using that word. You don't know what it means, and you just childishly parrot it back at anything you don't like because you heard it once used negatively, but by someone who knew what the fuck they were talking about.

If you want people to respect you or your opinion, you have to first respect yourself, and barking buzzwords like a trained seal isn't it.

>> No.4378072

>>4378007
Never heard of that expression before. What the fuck does it even mean?

>> No.4378082

>>4378072
Those who travel from NY to LA on a regular basis sometimes refer to the states in the middle of the country as flyover states. The idea is that nothing culturally relevant happens in them, they're just places one has to fly over to get from one coast to the other.

>> No.4378101

>>4376678
should have screamed, "Get out of my way, vietnam fucking shits!"

>> No.4378196

>>4378082
and as we know people that fly from NY to LA and don't do anything in the middle are the biggest douches on earth. They are definitely rich, vote democrat because that is whats trendy right now, may have considered adopting a child from another country, and are more than likely a scientologist. Their opinion about culture is invalid to say the least. They are the ones that created the kardashians and the hiltons of the world and believe THAT is the culture that should be embraced.

>> No.4378197

>>4377781
Yeah, no, that isn't how European service is. It is however, when they hear an American accent.

I'm not saying it's justified, I'm just saying that for some reason, European service staff have developed a dislike of (specifically) Americans. Take it for what you will.

>> No.4378202

>>4378197
They hate Americans because they refused to assimilate into the European hive mind, even Canada is still Europes bitch.
America wants to be its own thing and that offends them because from an early age European governments impose the ideal of collectivism and sameness.

>> No.4378203

>>4378196
And if their English language competence is at even a grade five level they'll still have you beat.

>> No.4378207

>>4378203
I present to you a flyover douche

>> No.4378212

>>4378202
Sensationalist politicians and tv pundits hate America for this. Your average Joseph working in a downtown Paris brasserie hates Americans because a large number of the ones he has met tend to be loud, demanding, uncultured and frugal. Most people (especially service staff) don't really care about geopolitics, and spend less time thinking about America in this context, dislike of tourists generally comes down to personal experience.

Again, I'm NOT saying that Americans are like this. The ones that you import seem to be a tad on the unpleasant however.

>> No.4378218

>>4378212
* unpleasant side

>> No.4378222

>>4378212
In my experience Canadians are the ones that cause problems overseas, they get drunk and pick fights almost like clockwork.

>> No.4378239

>>4378207
>knowing proper English makes you an elitist douche
>America

>> No.4378254

>>4378239
You were offended and it struck a nerve, I assume it was because you fall into one of those undesirable categories. Considering you are posting on 4chan I am going to say it is the part about how you get your political ideology over what ever happens to be trendy at the moment.
How many pro gay marriage things have you posted on to your facebook without going to a single support meeting of any kind? Just curious.

douche

>> No.4378269

>>4378212
I've only had good experiences in brasseries, and detected no hostility. Either they did a good job of covering their loathing or they didn't care.

>> No.4378277
File: 93 KB, 400x528, garlicpress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4378254
>You were offended and it struck a nerve
That's some tasty projection. And I don't have facebook. Though I do regularly masturbate to trannies.

>> No.4378280

>>4378269
I'm delighted if you had good service; and I don't want to necessarily say that ALL European, or even the most waiters hate you (after all, only some of the American waitstaff on this very board are hateful racists).

Another factor worth considering I suppose is that people tend to spend more time talking about the shitty service they had, rather than the good.

>> No.4378290

>>4378280
Well, plus my experience wasn't in quite as touristy a location as paris.

>> No.4378318

>>4377898
Long story abridged, you're a fucking beta faggot.

This is the 21st century, women can take care of her own shit, and why didn't you fucking blast them to hell when they threw out your food?

>> No.4378338

>>4377793
>eating a steak that is less than one pound
That's about normal size.

>> No.4378352

>>4378338
Are you shitting me? A pound is a pretty big steak.

>> No.4378359

>>4377634
they introduced myxomatosis. that worked OK for a while?

>> No.4378363

>>4378352
That's about what a thick-cut ribeye or t-bone will set you back. Shitty supermarket steaks will weigh less, sure, as will "look at how classy I am" fillet mignon, but a good thick prime steak from a butcher will be at least pound or close to it uncooked.

>> No.4378369

>>4378359
then it stopped working

unrestrict firearms
>inb4 muh false flag port arthur
and put taxpayer money into a campaign to wage genocide on the rabbits.
there isn't really an upper ceiling on how much they would save if they managed to bring the population down, as well and improving the morale of the taxpayers

>> No.4378394

>>4378352
I have never once ordered a steak less than 14oz, in general I order one somewhere between 24-36

>> No.4378439

>>4378363
proper serving size for one person is 8-10 ounces

>> No.4378479

>>4377576
>response to this air of faggotry
>"Want my tip? Get some original material."

>> No.4378492

>>4378479
>response
>I'd like to speak to your manager, please

>> No.4378507

>>4378492
>"I am the manager, faglord"

>> No.4378512

>>4378439
closer to six.

>> No.4378514

>>4378507
Why do you expect a tip then?

>> No.4378522

>>4378514
Because if you don't I'll release the pictures of you eating my semen onto the internet.

>> No.4378526

>>4378522
Then you go to jail for tampering with my food.

>> No.4378527

>>4378514
>If it's a manager serving me it doesn't deserve a tip
If you needed to think to breathe you'd be fucked. Do you assfucks think you're witty with that tired ass line "LOL WANT A TIP? GET BETTR JOB!"? Yes I mad, jimmies rustled, etc etc. That guy's dad probably has a micropenis and was divorced by five different women that significantly ate away at whatever he was trying to build up over the years.

>> No.4378532

>>4378527
nice ad hom

the manager isn't supposed to serve
his job is to manage the establishment
that's why he's the manager

>> No.4378536

>>4378532
Because if he's serving he's a terrible manager, thus deserves no tip.

I can see him at the front of the restaurant with a bucket.

>Did you like your food?
>Please tip me, I made it all happen.

>> No.4378542

>>4378526
Only if the courts can prove it from the pictures. Can you do a DNA test on a JPG? no? Well too bad.

>> No.4378548

>>4378532
>notes ad hominem like it matters
I don't care about your sense of entitlement or if you think you have a leg up in this argument, you're clearly a miserable faggot who's never held a job in his life and thinks that acting like a massive tool to people who work these shitty jobs while you spend mommy's money buying whatever crappy msg loaded, hfcs caked creation they pump out makes you a superior human being or something.

Please go

>>>/out/
>>>/lgbt/

>> No.4378549

>>4378542
Considering i'v never seen you before, and we've never engaged in sexual conduct, they only way I could ingest your semen is through food tampering.

>> No.4378550

>>4378545
hits*

>> No.4378545

out with drunk friend hots on waitress.waitress refuses to get drink for him he makes a huge deal of it and is yelling he gets up walks into the kitchen and comes back with a beer.

>> No.4378555

>>4378549
And so you've clearly missed the point. If you could prove it was my semen, it could be anyone's.

>> No.4378558

>>4378548
Did I hit a nerve?

Looks liek I did. Stay mad waiter scum.

>> No.4378560

>>4378555
>release pictures of me eating food
>LOOK GUYS HE'S EATING MY SEMEN

think things through anon

>> No.4378565

>>4378560
I'll post them anonymously, dumbass.

>> No.4378567

>>4378565
Then why would I care?

>> No.4378574

>>4378567
Because its a picture of you eating semen. It will be seen by your coworkers and family.

>> No.4378576

This is why why waiters don't get tips. You could put semen in my food and post the pictures online.

>> No.4378580

>>4378574
My family doesn't go onto anon imageboards, and it would just be a pic of me eating some food.

You're very silly.

>> No.4378588

>>4378580
Well, I'll be emailing it around obviously.

>> No.4378593

>>4378588
how will it get to my friends then?

>> No.4378596

>>4378593
You probably have face book.

>> No.4378599

>>4378576
>This is why why waiters don't get tips. You could put semen in my food and post the pictures online.

Wouldn`t that be a really GOOD reason to pay them "protection money" ?

>> No.4378602

>>4378596
But I don't use facebook
I email and text my freinds

>> No.4378606

>>4378599
by the time tipping rolls around, it's too late to prevent and extra ingredient

better to be safe and never eat out

>> No.4378607

>>4378602
But do you have an account?

>> No.4378608

>>4378607
no. why would i?

>> No.4378611

why are you so obsessed with semen?

can't you just do what i do and hock loogies into dishes?

>> No.4378615

>>4378608
well then I guess I'll just have stick to emailing your family. And posting it on the local craig's list.

>> No.4378616

>>4378615
how can you email my family though?

>> No.4378628

>>4378616
I have your name. Therefore I have your family name. I can just look them up in the phone book.

>> No.4378638

>>4378628
if you have me name it means you lifted it from my credit card reciept, which usually has your name on it

i just call and bitch to the manager, then to corporate (if applicable)

then i go to the news

>> No.4378652

>>4378638
Prove it.

>> No.4378655

>>4378638
Wait. also remember several posts back when I told you that I was the manager? that still applies.

>> No.4378660

>>4378652
I don't have to. you admitted it

either way i tell everyone you tamper with food (since you said you did) and your business goes to shit

>> No.4378664

>>4378660
I only admitted it to you. No one else. Unless you have a tape recorder no one will believe you.

>> No.4378668

>>4378664
then what's the point?

>look guys it's a guy eating food
>i am super cool

>> No.4378675

>>4378668
What are you even talking about now?

>> No.4378681

>>4378558
Not even a waiter you dolt. Stay buttfrustrated you can't pin anything on me, basement virgin.

>> No.4378684

>>4378675
you say your going to show everyone a picture of me eating semen you put in my food

but if they don't know there is semen in it then why bother?

>> No.4378688

>>4378681
Still mad.
Maybe if you stayed in school you'd get more breaks from working the gloryhole at arby's

>> No.4378696

>>4378684
Well obviously its a series of pictures showing the food, showing the food covered in semen. Showing the food stirred and lastly showing you eating the food and smiling.

>> No.4378704

>>4378696
Can't even keep your story straight.

I feel bad for you anon.

>> No.4378708

>>4378704
My story has always been that either give me a tip or I release photos showing you eating semen.

Nothing about that has changed.

>> No.4378728

I went to this steakhouse with my girlfriend once. The place was pretty nice, food looked decent. In the middle of my meal, I left to go to the restroom.

I entered the bathroom and it was full of the sounds of passionate sheboon/nigbuck lovemaking. I traced the noise to the retard stall, where I could see two pairs of feet beside the toilet and clothes on the ground.

"AWW YES FUCK IT GOOD FUCK DAT ASS UNF"

I never ate there again

>> No.4378796

>>4376829
i don't care about tipping, but you sound like a huge douche. just sayin

>> No.4378799

>>4377541
steak tartare. i saw it at a jazz and blues underground pub in chicago and almost ordered it. i got calamari instead.

>> No.4378831

>>4378799
Man. I once stumbled into a hole in the wall brasserie in Grenoble when me and my friends didn't plan ahead to get a reservation at a restaurant and they were full-up.

The menu consisted of four items. Had the steak tartar. It was fucking amazing.

>> No.4378835

>>4377772

it's called being nice. Some people can afford to give that much dude. Waiters get a lot of shit from people, e.g. half the people in this thread.

>> No.4378837

>>4377787

how many down's syndrome do you have?

>> No.4378855

>>4377876

you're just making yourself look like an incredibly arrogant douchebag cheapskate. Just because others can afford and prefer to tip ~20% doesn't make them a "waitfag". How retarded/poor are you?

>> No.4378862

>>4378837
all of them

>> No.4378884

>>4378202

no, they hate americans because they're sheltered cunts who think they're the epicenter of the world, and pay absolutely zero attention to foreign culture and customs. When they go to other countries they're loud, and stereotype whatever culture they're in to the point of being insulting. On top of that, they're totally oblivious to their own jackassery.

I'm an amerifag, BTW.

>> No.4378897

>>4378254

>politics
>/ck/

makes sense to me. Flame somewhere else, douchebags.

>> No.4378900
File: 31 KB, 704x528, 1343189029164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4378254
Rather suspicious you go for gay marriage, out of all things to blurt out...

>> No.4378901

>>4378318

this. Had it been me, they would have been looking for a hotel room the second they threw dinner in the garbage.

>> No.4378910

>>4378363

>implying one steak is one serving

you fat disgusting pig

>> No.4378915

>>4378394

fatty fat fat

>> No.4378922

>>4378512

>"8 - 10"
>"closer to six"

HOW DO I NUMBERS

>> No.4378943

>>4378560
>>4378565
>>4378567
>>4378574
>>4378576
>>4378580
>>4378588
>>4378593
>>4378596
>>4378599
>>4378602
>>4378607
>>4378608
>>4378615
>>4378616
>>4378628
>>4378638
>>4378655
>>4378660
>>4378664
>>4378668
>>4378675
>>4378681
>>4378684
>>4378688
>>4378696
>>4378704
>>4378708

well this thread got incredibly retarded. Two unemployed teens in a retarded argument about getting each other to eat cum.

>> No.4378953

>>4375714
>If people ordered coffee they would receive a small sugar bowl instead of packets.
That sounds unsanitary as hell.

>> No.4379065

>>4377832
>Controlling in bed
>The same as being dominated.

Kiddo, there's a distinct difference between having a good, rough fuck, and having some prick bark orders before having a hissy fit that 'you're not doing it perfect' and giving up.

The difference is that after a good fuck, both people feel great, and after the hissy fit, the woman silently deals with the man-child having his week of sexually-unsatisfied anger while she rides a fat dildo or some black guy at the bar.

Women enjoy someone in control, not sniveling kids trying to make everything 1:1 with his explicit fantasies.

>> No.4379083

>>4378439
>proper serving size for one person is 4-6 ounces
Ftfy.

>> No.4379469

>McDonald's drive-thru
>Friend orders 6 double cheeseburgers
>Get order, he removes on burger from bag
>Goes inside and tells them he only got 5 instead of 6
>This is back when double cheeseburgers were $1 not $1.29, like it matters

Same friend goes to hotels in his pajamas and eats free breakfast acting like he's a guest at the hotel.

>> No.4379474

>>4379469
brilliant, I should try this at the Banff Springs or somewhere equally rtizy

>> No.4380272

>>4377576
i know people write that passive aggressively on the bill (or like to pretend they do) but i can't believe he actually says it to their face.....props to him

>> No.4380288

>>4377576
that doesnt even make sense because on a friday or saturday in a popular restaurant a waiter can pull down a few hundred dollars in one dinner service

>> No.4380293

>>4378953
there is a place around here that reuses uneaten salad. They have a tub full of it in the back and they just throw the uneaten parts in, hose off the dressing, and serve it up again.

>> No.4380596

>>4380293
Sounds good.

>> No.4380972

I don't understand this 'get a real job' nonsense.

They're employed legitimately, by an established business, working a regular shift, completing the tasks they are set to, earning a wage of some kind, having payroll taxes and other taxes taken out, paying annual taxes, filing the proper tax forms during that time, going through all the same motions any other job has.

How is it not a real job?

>> No.4380977

>>4380972
>They don't make as much money as I do/for some arbitrary cultural reason, their job is less respected than mine. Therefore, it's totally ok for me to treat them like shit.

>> No.4381387

>>4378943
>taking the time to quote all of these posts
Who's the unemployed teen again?

>> No.4382410

>>4377187
I went to Australia once and had the best fish and chips of my life. Then again, I'm American so I don't normally get the chance to partake in that particular deliciousness.

>> No.4382420

>>4377595
I was entirely unaware of this. thank you for opening my eyes

>> No.4382424

>>4378943
Yeah... I'm going back to Reddit.

>> No.4382519

>>4382424
Enjoy your pedophilia site, then

>> No.4382520

>>4382424

Don't let the door hit you on the way out