[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 619 KB, 3264x2448, photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4282878 No.4282878 [Reply] [Original]

Those diner skillets from diners are bomb, and I'm kinda hung over, so I tried to replicate them.
Red and green bell peppers, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, and fingerling potatoes. All cooked in rendered bacon ends and pieces.
Ill add an egg and some shredded cheddar cheese later.
Any more tips when you make skillets?
I'd be happy to take em.

>> No.4282930

IDK, OP, sounds like you've pretty much got it under control there. Skillet meals are pretty simple. I like a skillet with potatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms (pretty much like what you've got going) cooked in bacon fat, then I add back the cooked, crumbled bacon, some crumbled blue cheese, and add some fresh spinach leaves at the end just till they barely wilt. Top it all with fried or poached eggs and it's glorious.

>> No.4282940

Well I know what I'm making today

>> No.4282941

Sounds pretty foolproof OP. I dunno how anyone with basic culinary knowledge could manage to make it not tasty. But yeah, fried/poached eggs with super gooey yolks on top of that and some cheese sounds tasty as fuck.

>> No.4282961 [DELETED] 

Dat looks good, OP.

Ironically, I've never made them myself but today I made something sorta like that for my roommate today. Coarsley shredded potato, chorizo, onion, green bell peppers, and radishes. Topped it with a sunny-side up egg.

Shredded potatoes,

>> No.4282967

Dat looks good, OP.

Ironically, I've never made them myself but today I made something sorta like that for my roommate today. Coarsley shredded potato, chorizo, onion, green bell peppers, and radishes. Topped it with a sunny-side up egg.

>> No.4283139

>>4282930
I do like spinach. Blue Cheese seems exotic for my taste, but I'll definitely try it next time
>>4282940
post results?
>>4282941
I hadn't thought about poaching the eggs. I just dropped mine in and covered it until the whites were set and the yolk runny
>>4282967
Ah, I should really get a grater. I love potato hash in skillets

>> No.4283159

add the cheese at the very end only long enough get a coating melted. If you stir it in the appearance will lose a lot, plus cook too long stirred in, and the cheese easily gets on the bottom and makes cleaning up a hell.

>> No.4284448

That's a lot of food.

>> No.4286407

Why do you need all that, OP?

>> No.4286447

>>4284448
>>4286407
Probably cooking for more than one person or intends to reheat the leftovers later in the day.

>> No.4286458

Fry potatoes in a skillet

Once they're looking good, add green onions and shredded pot roast, cook it all up together.

Transfer it to a plate and top it with shredded cheese while its stil piping hot.

Then cook up a couple eggs however you like your eggs done, put it on top of the plated food

Then top with diced tomatoes and some more green onions.

It's what my southern grandmother used to do with leftover pot roast and it was fucking amazing