[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 254 KB, 900x600, 35-baked-stuffed-shells.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4175758 No.4175758 [Reply] [Original]

Today I tried to make myself dinner it looked good and tasted great, but I felt like I could of done better; I am an amateur cook and I am looking for advice.

What I cooked:
Two layers Ricotta Cheese and Italian sausage stuffed in jumbo pasta shells layered by meat sauce, and a top layer of mozzarella cheese.

Pic related; it looked a lot like that.

>> No.4175762

>>4175758
It doesn't really make a difference in terms of appearance/presentation, but anything baked involving ricotta you can safely switch to cottage cheese

Serving it cold like on a salad or something, it's noticeable, but in a lasagna or stuffed pasta, just drain off the extra moisture (or buy dry cottage cheese, grocers sell this) for less than half the price.

>> No.4175766

>>4175762
>>4175762
I noticed that the consistency of the ricotta cheese pretty much turned to mush after I baked it. Is there no way to prevent that, or is that normal... Again, amateur cook here.

>> No.4175773

>>4175766
use less and/or include other materials to break up the glob.

even something as simple as mixing parsley in will add a bit of flavor, but change the texture. and keep in mind stuffed before cooking will not be the same dimensions as stuffed afterwards.

>> No.4175778

>>4175773
I will try that next time I attempt something similar. Thanks for the advice