[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 206 KB, 1024x768, IMG-20121207-00586.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4057271 No.4057271 [Reply] [Original]

What do you think of my soup?

Used vegetable broth, should have used chicken, but I didn't have any.

Threw in a potato, some celery, a leek, 1/3 of an onion along with two rather large carrots. Then added some rice noodles at the end.

>> No.4057287

thats not soup its wet salad

>> No.4057291

2 spoons for maximum consumption op confirmed for lardass

>> No.4057293

>>4057291
It's a fork and spoon.

>> No.4057297

needs cabbage

>> No.4057316

looks pretty cash.
7.8/10 would slurp

>> No.4057319

>>4057271
Dude, i?m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I?m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you?re a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.

>> No.4057338

>>4057319
>dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro

Muh poverty meals is all I got.

>> No.4057341

Looks good. Would eat right now.

>> No.4057344

>>4057319
>bro, and by bro i mean never my bro

That's always my favorite part.

>> No.4057349

>>4057344
lol

>> No.4057367

>>4057338
copy pasta - he thinks he's on /b/

>> No.4057370

>>4057367
What is with people feeling like they have to point copypastas out? wow you guys have street cred and have seen it before... let other people enjoy it, you don't look cool for spending lots of time on 4chan and knowing the "ropes".

Wow, I wish I was you. You probably talk to people about Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird and other highschool literature and think you are so fucking intelligent and deep. You aren't. You are a faggot that has to ruin the fun for everyone else with the premise that if everyone is as unhappy as you, life has meaning and will get better.

But no one can be as unhappy as you, because you wallow in a shit and self-pity filled ditch that you dug out with your own mouth you fat fucking loser. Hey guys, I'll tell you how this movie ended... no that I actually saw it with friends in public, rather I downloaded it and saw it in my dank fucking basement with tinfoil blocking out the windows so I don't have to see the real world reflecting on my monitor as I see how much gold I can mine or something as equally time-wasting and asinine.

Yet you still think you are superior. I bet you also sage threads and feel like the god damn enforcer of the internet. Well you know what buddy, you can have your tiny, fictitious internet niche while I choose to live and enjoy the company of others.

You are what is wrong with 4chan, the internet, the world, and the existence of matter and we all see you for what you are you fucking dipshit faggot asshole. Why do you even have caller display, let alone a phone? NO ONE CALLS YOU.

>> No.4057377

>>4057370
but who was phone?

>> No.4057375

>>4057370
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I?ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I?ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I?m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You?re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that?s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ?clever? comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn?t, you didn?t, and now you?re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You?re fucking dead, kiddo.

>> No.4057379

>>4057375
They probably circle jerked him as "initiation"... every month for 20 years.

They probably got him to make one of his "famous biscuits" and always called him 5 minutes too late to play that old game of soggy biscuit. He ate it everytime and learned to love it.

Oh sure, mom had her doubts about the old man's sexuality, how could she not? Their love life was pretty bleak and unsatisfying for both parties. Some nights, when the old man had "tied one on" he would insist she puts two of her fingers in his ass while he bangs her. Who knows what he imagined, but he got off harder than ever whenever she did that.

And then the next morning he would be full of shame and guilt and could barely look his wife in the eyes. How could he tell her how he felt? Here he was, a cook in the ARMY for cripes sake with a wife and a son, how could he think these thoughts?

No, he would rush to work and, after a full day of tossing salads, would regale his son with stories of heroicism and propaganda against the nation's current enemy-of-the-year.

His son, wide-eyed, took it all in. Never suspecting his old man was a peter puffer.

A car door slams in the distance. Three televisions are blaring in the same household. The silent vacuum is not empty, but full of regret, dismay, and shame. Another All-American Night in anon's household.

>> No.4057389

>>4057370
I have never gotten this angry on the internet. My god, you're pathetic.

>> No.4057406

Needs more onion, also cut shit up smaller and cook for longer so the flavours get all over the place.

>> No.4057409

>>4057379
>>4057389

Stop replying to copypasta, noob.

>> No.4057427
File: 60 KB, 1366x768, ohmy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

She stared in absolute bewilderment and dismay. She angrily tore the Milk Duds box in half, her jowels swaying with her shaking anger.

How, HOW could someone have taken her Milk Duds? Who was it? What kind of sicko would do such a thing?

At that moment, I was in the bathroom chuckling to myself. Mint-flavored floss threaded on a large needle in one hand, a brown chocolately knoll in the other. I worked deftly, my member growing rigid as I threaded the Milk Duds on the floss.

She was in tears when I entered the room, and looked hysterical when she saw what I had done to her pre-dessert snack.

As I jammed my homemade edible anal beads up her enormous keister, she moaned with plesure in between her yells at taking her Milk Duds. I assured her she could still have them and, after pushing a box of them up her ass, gave a firm tug.

She howled with delight as each Dud came popping out of her absurdly large ass. She could hardly eat them faster than I could pull them out, and after a dozen she remarked that they seemed more chocolately from her brown box than they normally do.

She forgave me, but only after I filled her gullet with a few vanilla custard loads from my engorged pastry bag.

For the first time, she skipped dessert. A small step on the road to healthy eating.

>> No.4057442

>>4057319
This post is a meme waiting to happen.

>> No.4057444

>>4057442
I-it is.

>> No.4057447
File: 29 KB, 456x372, 1324205263244.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4057375
>gorilla warfare
Every fucking time.

>> No.4057448

>>4057444
Fuck, yeah I figured as I read further down the thread.

>> No.4057449

>>4057271
How did you make it? Do you cook the veggies first then add broth + spices? I know shit about making even basic soups.

>> No.4057455

>>4057449
...how do you know shit about soup making?

It goes either way. Typically I add the broth first and then bring to a boil, and then add ingredients in the order that it takes them longest to become tender/cooked.

So typically meat followed by vegetables.

>> No.4057457

>>4057455

I know shit = I know nothing, in this case

>> No.4057488

>>4057455
If you fry the onions in the bottom of the pan with oil before adding anything else, they'll caramelize and sweeten. That's always a good base. Also: where is your goddamn garlic.

>> No.4057491

Did you throw your veggies into the broth? Or did you saute them beforehand?

>> No.4057499

Now I just want to try making soups. What veggies are good (besides carrots, potatoes, and celery)?

>> No.4057531

>>4057457
That's kind of confusing. Usually people say "I don't know shit about _____".

>> No.4058052

>>4057531
I don't know anything about cooking soup.
I know nothing about cooking soup.

Shit is nothing AND everything.

>> No.4058056

>>4057491
answer the question, OP.

You really should have sauted the veggies and then added the broth.

>> No.4058156

>>4057491
>>4058056
I was gone for a bit, and no I did not saute them. I just threw them in the broth. Never even thought about sauteing them.

>> No.4058175

Good lord, this fucking thread! Good grief. Anyway, that soup looks fucking delicious OP, looks very comforting. Would most definitely eat on a cold day with a couple slices of toast, or even better....a GRILLED CHEESE. Nothing better on a winter day than a grilled cheese and a bowl of some brothy soup to dip in.

>> No.4059047

So can I essentially make any soup from just broth? What do you season with? Cayenne? Oregano?

>> No.4059049

Are you 4 real, OP?

>> No.4059061

7/10

would eat

>> No.4059063

>>4059061
Lol?
Wtf?

>> No.4059070

8/10

Would Eat.

>> No.4059087
File: 40 KB, 241x347, soup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

needs more ketchup

>> No.4059149

Do those msg packets go well in these types of soups? The only noodles they sell here are imported shit.

>> No.4060131

So how long is this thing supposed to boil? I assume as soon as the broth is warm it's ready to eat.

>> No.4060596

>>4060131
No no no no.

Vegetables have to boil for a bit, best to let it simmer for a while. Depending on what you put in the soup, cooking time differs. You don't just want it to be warm.

For my, OP, it took about 35 minutes over all. Carrots and potatoes went in first when the broth was boiling. I then turned it down to a simmer, then I added celery, onion and leek about ten minutes after potatoes and carrots went in. Then let that simmer for 15 minutes. Turned up to a boil again when I added the rice noodles, then that cooked for only two or three minutes. Then it was ready.

Not sure if this the best way to make soup, but it worked for me.

>>4059047
I added cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper. I need to improve my spice rack.

>> No.4060626

>>4060596
If you want to add some cheap protein, rinse some lentils and boil them for 45 minutes. Consider adding a little basil as well.

My poverty soup I'll be bringing into work for lunches:

Lentils
rice
amaranth
small head of broccoli cut into bites
celery
small onion
carrots
zucchini
asparagus if it's on sale
basil
pepper
cayenne

>> No.4060654

>>4060626
What broth do you use for that soup? I might give it a try. I've considered adding lentils before, but never get around to buying them. Not really sure what to do with them anyway, are they pretty much only for soups?

>> No.4060667

>>4060654
I just use water and spices and let it cook down enough to turn the veggies into a semi stock. I've thought about using asparagus bottoms to make asparagus stock but never got around to it.

Lentils are pretty versatile. For soup you pretty much just need to rinse them off like rice and let them boil long enough to get soft. There's a really simple Indian soup/curry thing called dhaal that's pretty good too.