[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 20 KB, 323x425, MokaPot2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4050566 No.4050566 [Reply] [Original]

I recently bought a moka pot, and my friend made fun of me saying that espresso was a girl's drink.

It's just super-strong black coffee, how could that in any way be construed as girly?

Also, moka pot thread

>> No.4050567

what kind of girls does your friend hang out with

>> No.4050575

moka pot isn't espresso.

anyway, best simple tip for a good cup is to boil the water first in an electric kettle or something, let it cool down for a minute or two, and then put in the coffee pot and make your coffee. shouldn't taste as over-extracted and burnt as usual.

>> No.4050602

>espresso was a girl's drink
What the fucking fuck?

I wouldn't literally beat him up for that, but I would definitely start some shit.

He probably doesn't even know what espresso is and thinks it's some silly frou-frou french drink that is loaded up with sweetener.

>> No.4050611

Your friend knows not of what he speaks, and as was said, your moka pot will not produce espresso. It'll be in the same ballpark though, or at least out in the nearby parking lot.

I don't recommend drinking the first batch or three, just dump em. Especially if you have a cheapo aluminum one like I do. After that, enjoy your coffee.

>> No.4050616

>>4050611
>>4050575
I know it's not espresso, but it's easier to say than "really concentrated coffee"

Thanks for confirming my friend's insanity, /ck/. She was saying it was girly because that's what all the dumb girls at starbucks get "double espresso caramel venti latte whateverthefuckitscalled", I told her it was the latter that was "girly"

>> No.4050639

>>4050566
That pot won't actually make espresso but
>saying espresso was a girl's drink
WTF man. That's just full-on potato right there.

>> No.4051016

>>4050616

actually, none of the girly drinks at starbucks contain the word "espresso" Except for "espresso macciatto" and nobody actually orders thoes unless they are being cheap bastards who want a dry cappuccino and want to annoy their baristas.

>> No.4051058

>>4050616
Your friend is stupid. Starbucks doesn't even sell real coffee.
Their maciattos are huge.

A maciatto is an espresso with a tiny amount of milk in it, not a fucking 16oz cup of milk with caramel in it.

>> No.4051072

>>4051058

I wasn't saying it WAS coffee. (Although, some of the beans are decent for the price, if you take them home and make them properly). I was just saying that the friend's concept that "it's girly because they all order it," has an even more deep level of retarded, because they don't even have girly drinks on the menu that contain that word in the title.

Also, the espresso machines at starbucks are shit, and the espresso blend is terrible, but the milk steamers actually can make some good foam for an actual maciatto. if you get a barista that cares (very unlikely)

>> No.4051078

>>4050616
>starbucks
that explains everything, i can't be called a coffee expert (know a bit, like it a lot), but even i know that's not coffee

>> No.4051089

hinting hard at a moka pot for christmas

>> No.4051090

My gf worked at a cafe in a very affluent part of the city for a couple years while in school. She worked at Starbucks for 6 months last year and said it was *nothing* like being an actual barista.

Pressing buttons and squirting stuff was basically it.

>> No.4051270

>>4051090
I work in a restaurant where we have a espressomachine and all waiters have been "trained" in using it, but we are definatly not baristas, but after 3,5 year of daily coffee making, I have become quite good at it, and have now reached a level where people praise my cappuchinos. I walked into a starbucks the other day and asked for a cappuchino and never in my life have I ever tasted anything that vile, it tasted like they had dumped half a bottle of syrup in it, and they are supposed to be professionals??

>> No.4051532
File: 6 KB, 300x200, espresso-macchiato.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4051058
Yup, this is what a macchiato should look like.
Starbucks is NOT a coffee joint.

>> No.4051538

>>4051532
is even in the name
i really dont get how people dont get that

>> No.4051542

>>4051058
> 16oz cup of milk with caramel in it

what