[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 48 KB, 400x400, instant-miso-soup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3916927 No.3916927[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi /ck/,
so I got some of this miso soup. Tastes great.
I recently started adding roasted seaweed and thought about what else to add.
Maybe tofu or green onions?
I'd like to know specifics because I'm not expirienced about that kind of stuff.
Thanks for your help!

>> No.3916960

Tofu cubes
green onions
diced pork
fish meatballs

I like to drizzle a little sesame oil in for flavor as well.

Easy fish meatballs:
Get some boneless, skinless, white fish fillets. You don't need a fancy fish, Tilapia is easily found and inexpensive.. Chop up the fish. Get your food processor and add the fish, a couple of diced green onions, a little salt and pepper, a little splash of rice wine or sake, and crack and egg in there. Process it into a smooth paste. Dump the paste into a ziploc bag and cut off one corner. Get a large pot of water on boil. Once it's at a rolling boil, squeeze the fish paste out of the cut-off corner against a spoon to create a small ball, then drop it into the boiling water. Repeat for the rest of the bag. Once all the balls are floating, they're cooked. You can then add them to your soup or refrigerate/freeze them for later.

>> No.3917120

sriracha

>> No.3918184
File: 61 KB, 656x210, miso.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Eggplant miso soup
Mushroom miso soup
Clam miso soup

Eggplant miso soup taste is great, but lose the soup color, so use two pans.
Boiled eggplant to a pulp. In another pan warmed soup stock add boiled eggplant.
Add miso to stop cooking process.