[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 15 KB, 315x290, Lobster_Bisque[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3916908 No.3916908 [Reply] [Original]

So what's with Red Lobster having a quality bisque recipe? I've lived in New England my entire life, had bisques from Saybrook to Martha's to Falmouth to Boston to Portland, and by far the best is this recipe I got off the Red Lobster website.
What the fuck.
Anyways, the secret is to use high quality ingredients. Red Lobster probably uses a plastic handle of cognac and whatever swill house white they serve, but I used a bottle of Remy and a bottle of Yellow Tail. Was going to go with Couvasier and Sharpe Hill's Ballet of Angels, but with the lobster and booze alone cost $50 bucks so I didn't want to push it.

The recipe, for those interested:
http://www.redlobster.com/kitchen/recipes/lobster-bisque-recipe.asp
I didn't follow it exactly of course, sauteed the onions/celery/carrots in a pan and didn't wait for the broth to cool, but otherwise it's pretty straight forward. Try it sometime, it's wonderful

>> No.3916924
File: 59 KB, 530x461, happy anon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was actually just thinking about making lobster bisque for the first time. You know me too well, /ck/.

>> No.3916980

>>3916924
Make sure you cook it on low heat after the blend for at least a half hour, the heat and serve method doesn't really do the bisque justice

>> No.3917958

>>3916908
Looks good. I'll wait until the weather is cooler though.

>> No.3917980

A local place is famous for their whiskey crab bisque. I think they deglaze the pan with the bourbon. Tastes good.

>> No.3917988

Make your stock with the whole lobster shell and the head/guts.
A Tawny port deglaze and smoked paprkia makes a sweet smokey hint to the soup.