[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 51 KB, 600x400, scrambled-egg-recipe-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3892934 No.3892934[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I fucking love scrambled eggs.

Any tips to make my eggs better? I usually just whip them up quickly and then put some salt and black pepper, which is pretty plain.

Anyone have any experience with cheese or milk? How would one add those things to the eggs properly?

>> No.3892944

Milk would make them "puffier", but add too much and it will loose consistency.

Add salt and pepper while scrambling them (or before, if you stirr them in a bowl), not after.

Tabasco sauce, grated cheese, bacon bits, tomato and onions are your friends. Experiment.

>> No.3892947

i find milk dilutes the egginess too much, making them flavourless.

>> No.3892948

>>3892934
cook them like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKWsOLR4wOE

>stunning

>> No.3892951

>>3892944

How would one add grated cheese? I'm kind of afraid to make a huge mess as I am usually pretty clean which saves clean up time.

After they are cooked? While they are cooking?

>> No.3892952

I put thickened cream in mine, only a little alongside the salt and pepper and occasionally vegetable stock powder

>> No.3892967

>>3892944

I heard that putting in season before mixing breaks down the curd or some shit, so I've always put them on after they are done.

Why is it good to put them in before?

>> No.3892973

>>3892967
I do it because it would mix and spread itself better through the egg, instead of only the upper part. But honestly, I don´t think it´s such a big of a deal.

>> No.3892990

Maybe try to fry it in a shorter time.

Leave a little bit raw parts in the middle of the scrambled eggs. This usually makes the egg more delicious.

>> No.3892991

>>3892951
I usually add grated cheddar to mine or a kraft single if I am feeling poor/cheap.

I usually add the cheese when the eggs are 50%-80% cooked.

>> No.3893025
File: 758 KB, 998x2620, avocado.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3892934

>> No.3894515

My grandma was born in 1903. She beat her eggs ahead of time. She showed me that pouring milk / cream into the congealing eggs, then stirring, leaves something worth passing on.

Don't turn it too hot.

Don't leave it too cool.

You're looking for something medium, something "just right".

We each crave our own flavours. Do with them what you will.

Peace.

>> No.3894520

>>3893025
This actually looks good, anon! But I don't think I'd make it with 5 eggs like it says to. Probably just 2 or possibly 3.

>> No.3894529
File: 848 KB, 320x240, 1324222_o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3894515

>> No.3894536

>food & cooking
>no one mentions butter

I use a high-quality non-stick skillet and fry them in a bit of butter.

I don't add anything to the eggs. I whip them really hard with a whisk to add air. The same principle behind adding egg whites to baked goods can be applied to scrambled eggs.

Milk, water, oil...none of that makes a fluffy egg. It's air.

>> No.3894542

>>3894536
Oh, and one more thing...

The reason you don't add salt -- or so I've read -- is because it causes the eggs to hemorrhage water as they cook.

My technique is 1.) use the best non-stick money can buy 2.) just a bit of butter 3.) beat the eggs until bubbly and 4.) medium-high heat. It should only take a minute maximum to cook. Remove from heat before done as they will continue to cook.

>> No.3894546

>Scramble eggs with finely chopped chives or scallions
>Cook in butter
>Add sour cream before it's done

You could also render down bacon and cook it in there.

>> No.3894547
File: 15 KB, 240x320, Foxpoint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

buy some of this, actually buy anything from that company, but mostly this

>> No.3894548

>>3892991
This... I agree with putting the cheese on once it's mostly cooked and allow it to melt while finishing.

To keep it clean, I'd suggest the OP make an omelet. I typically let the eggs cook in a large skillet and then put the cheese slices and then fold the eggs/omelet in half and let the cheese melt in the center.

>> No.3894559

>>3894547
I've got one of their stores nearby. Bought some peppercorns the other day. Fucking awesome.

>> No.3894563

i add a splash of milk. fresh cilantro, spring onions.

>> No.3894565

I love adding a little goat cheese to my scrambled eggs :3

>> No.3894623

>>3894559
seriously sir, try some foxpoint, and some S4, its their version of lowreys and it fucking rules

>> No.3894632

cottage cheese, bitch.
you'll thank me.
add salt and pepper, tomatoes for godmode

>> No.3894649

Easy, but you gotta treat your eggs carefully.
Rules are: No salt until the end, dont beat until in pan, constant stirring.

Get your eggs cracked in a bowl, add to the eggs small bits of butter, add quite a bit in as this makes the eggs extra tasty and buttery. If your butter is salted, you might not need salt at the end.
Start in a saucepan, add the eggs, then turn on low heat. beat with a spatula or wooden spoon.keep doing this. keep stirring until your eggs scramble and are slightly mushy but pasty. You want them soft and not super hot, so stirring while going on and off the heat is better to get a nice consistency. add salt, chives, cheese, pepper at the endif you desire. its so fucking tasty over toast.
gordon ramsay does a good youtube vid of this exact method, its amazing when cooked right

>> No.3894654

add water, about one tsp per egg.

not trolling, makes them supremely fluffy.

>> No.3894670

>eating something a chicken shat out

Stay classy.

>> No.3895119

add heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese.

>> No.3895133

>>3894654

This is what I do as well, but I only use about two teaspoons for 3 eggs. Definitely fluffier than just beating the hell out of them, but I do that too. I should get some more cream cheese, that's the thing to add.

>> No.3895148

I find that what you add to the eggs has less to do than how you scramble them and how you cook what you've scrambled, as far as the consistency.

For example, everybody always posts that goddamn Gordan Rhamsey thing where he basically whips his scrambled eggs into a spread over low heat.

Well I tend to make mine more of a scrambled egg cake. I scramble them to as homogenous a consistency as I can muster, then season with whatever I'm using at the time (usually a miniscule pinch of cumin powder OR cinnamon, with maybe a drop of sherry or something like that) but the real thing that determines the consistency of my scrambled eggs is that I pour it out onto a hot buttered pan over medium high heat and let it form a film that is thick enough to maintain cohesion and I start on one end and drag the entire thing to the other side, bunching it up in folds. Only one motion, I'm seeking those folds. Then I tilt the pan to move the liquid portion back over the surface and wait for it to form again and then drag it back the opposite way, flipping over the mounds in the process so that the bottom does not get overdone. I keep doing this until I have some nice fluffy mounds of folded egg.

Whereas if I wanted something more lumpy I'd probably just keep working it over high heat until it forms some nice discernible lumps, then turn off the heat and add toppings like grated cheddar and sliced chives.

>> No.3895202

>>3895148
Basically a botched omelette? That's not a not thing, by the way, my mother likes them "curdier" and I like it more like a puree.

>> No.3895205

>>3895202
Mmmm.... no my botched omelettes are basically just a hobo scramble, which is also awesome.

Comes out pretty much the same as if you just tossed everything into a hot pan at once and stirred like a motherfucker.

I go for something that is big and blocky and kind of like a loaf and when you slice into it there is this delicious sort of layering.

So... more like a botched tamagoyaki!

>> No.3895231

i usually put a thick layer of grated cheese directly in the pan (no oil or butter) and crack some eggs on top of that.
sometimes i slightly stir the yolk through the whites a bit.

crispy cheesy crust eggs.

>> No.3895247

>>3892934
I personally dislike scrambled eggs that don't have cheese in them so thats an obvious ingredient. I usually just use shredded cheddar. Mozzarella makes for disgusting eggs. Haven't tried any other types

>> No.3895254

>>3894520
doesn't matter, it's not like you have to use 5 eggs.

i made that stuff several times.
the avocado fits well to the eggs

>> No.3895259

>>3895148
I do the opposite of Ramsay. He starts on a lower temperature and ends on a higher one. Normally I start on medium and end on low and the eggs come out awesome.

>> No.3895262

>>3895247
try...
laughing cow
blue cheese
american cheese like the ones they use at burger joints
Philadelphia brand light vegetable cream cheese (pretty godly tier)
brie
havarti

the cheese types that get really stringy and stretchy once you melt them are fucking annoying.

>> No.3895264

>>3894520
>>3895254
between 2 and 3 eggs per person is about right. I always use 3 for scrambles and omelets.

>> No.3895270

I make a little something called a BCT Breakfast Bowl.
2 eggs scrambled.
Some form of potato. Hash browns, fried, etc.
Some form of meat. Sausage patties, ground sausage, or bacon.
Salt, pepper, hot sauce. Tabasco sauce, obviously.

Best breakfast ever.

>> No.3895345

cheese in scrambled eggs? dunno ...

I usually fry up some diced bacon and onions in a non stick or cast iron skillet, then add the stirred eggs with a dash of milk and some chunks of tasty tomatoes. Salt and pepper at the end. Serve with chives and boiled (buttered) potatoes. The tomatoes especially go amazingly well with scrambled eggs, give it a try if you havent yet.

>> No.3895358

i cook with Philadelphia cheese, bacon, spinach and mushrooms. So damn good. I don't cook it fully, i cook it about 1 minute or so in a hot pan.

>> No.3895362

How I make my scrambled eggs:

>fry up four pieces of bacon
>when bacon is done; drain the excess grease, but leave about a shot glass full in the pan
>crack an egg and add it to the pan
>scramble it with a spatula
>add another and scramble
>when eggs are no longer runny but still wet, remove from heat and onto plate.
>salt and pepper

>> No.3895372

>>3895358
are you me?

>> No.3895375

>>3892948
>egg mush with creme fraiche