[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 403 KB, 613x800, 1338189906982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3859463 No.3859463 [Reply] [Original]

Poorfag here.
I just got back from the food bank, and what the FUCK do I do with FIVE KILOGRAMS OF YOGURT?
I HAVE TEN DAYS TO EAT THIS SHIT. HELP ME.

>> No.3859471

>>3859463
Use it as sexual lube, makes for kinky sex since you can eat it after.

>> No.3859480

Aside from tossing in fruit, honey, or things of the like and eating it straight, yogurt makes a good alternative to butter, oil, or mayonnaise in other dishes and especially in baking. Instead of using sour cream or mayo for dips - use yogurt. Yogurt is highly acidic and is good for tenderizing meat when used in marinades. Add a few tablespoons of flour with cold water to create a good thickener for sauces. Stir it into salad dressings and cold soups.

Yogurt is more versatile that it's really given credit for, don't let it go to waste.

>> No.3859488

>>3859480

Good points all around.

Breakfast. The usual suspects. Fruit, granola, cereal even spread it on toast with some sweet jam.

If you have a blender you can blend fresh fruit and yogurt to sort of make a poor mans smoothie.

Lunch and Dinner

Yogurt actually goes really well with grilled meats. You'll see it often used in things like shwarma and the like. Try spreading it over toast and putting some sliced meats and cheeses in a sandwich, or if you've got some cucumbers and tomatoes, you can chop them up and throw them in a cup with yogurt and a dash of salt and pepper for a nice cool refreshing salad.

And as the previous anon mentioned, adding yogurt to say, tomato soup will thicken it nicely and give it a good tang. Making cheap onion dip with spice packets or just making your own dip with yogurt as the base instead of ranch dressing goes a decent way for chips.

You has options sah. :)