[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 530 KB, 985x700, 1345668267283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3838878 No.3838878[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, this thread probably pops up pretty regularly.
Moving out of home soon for college, need to not die of starvation for the least amount of money.

This would cost me about €40; what could I feed myself on for a week for about €20?

>> No.3838881

How much is that in non-pretend money?

>> No.3838892

>>3838881
$25. Or so Google tells me.

>> No.3838896

Well shit. Only now do I see an identical thread.

>> No.3838897

Well, I don't know how much things costs in your country. Just buy in bulk. Rice, beans, lentils, etc. Fresh fruits and vegetables if you can get it. If not, the frozen stuff on sale ain't too bad. Little bits of meat here and there. Fish and chicken should be the cheapest. If not, go to the ocean and learn to fish.

>> No.3839663

The weekly grocery list in OP's picture has a bunch of cheap stuff and a few expensive things like: ground beef, eggplant, avacado, parmesan, and sliced lunchmeat. Just try cutting them out, or substituting, like cook up and slice boneless chicken breast for $1.25/pound and it replaces lunch meat slices @ $3.99+ per pound.

Vegetable prices are all over the place depending on where/what time of year, but you could substitute canned green beans for some of that, or anything that is in season where you are. Potatoes for eggplant, flour or egg + spices for parmesan cheese, and so on.

The anon above me said learn to fish and that's an awsome idea, but only if you can find some local fisherman who can demonstrate that fish can be caught there reliably. I catch next to nothing near where I live and spent about $1500 on a vacation fishing that returned about 3 pounds of fish, so run that math.