[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 47 KB, 350x235, FoodService1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3830906 No.3830906[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ITT Food Service Stories

>guy calls in to place an order
>asks if we could put some of the garlic stuff we put on pizzas in a cup for him
>tell him that it's a garlic spray that we put on the stuffed crusts
>he says, "okay, can you put some in a cup for me"
>no, it's a spray
>okay

>woman calls in to place an order
>asks if any of our pizza dough is made with wheat
>I explain to her that all of our pizza dough is made with wheat
>i knew she meant whole wheat but I just couldn't help being an asshole about it

i'm sure some of you have better stories than me

>> No.3830915

>>3830906
Why didn't you just put some in a cup for him?

I like hearing people order "fettuccine" sauce on angel hair pasta.

>> No.3830929

pizza hut is a shitty job... so many bad feels

>> No.3830930

>>3830915
because it's a spray in a aerosol type spray can. yeah i suppose i could have sprayed it in a cup but it probably would have made a mess

>> No.3830946

i deliver for pizza hut.

there used to be this woman who would only want her pizzas half-cooked. she'd order a supreme pan pizza and then want it only cooked half of the normal time

that dough was still mostly raw. fucking nasty

we have people all the time call in and get mad when they can't get a half pan and half hand tossed pizza. wtf

>> No.3830948

>massive fatty pushing 400 pounds
>finishes meal and goes to stand up
>pushes down on the edge of the marble table top to assist standing
>table breaks and slices his wrist all the way up his arm
>fat guy rolling on the ground with blood everywhere in the shattered rubble of the table in the middle of busy dinner service

I don't actually know how that worked out for the owners, I dont think he would be entitled to damages, its his own fault he exceeded the weight limit of a stone table and unreasonable to ask them to pay money because he got hurt there.

>> No.3830952

>>3830948
mfw everybody probably clapped

america

>> No.3830953

>>3830946
She wanted to finish it later for company so it was fully hot.

I used to work at Domino's and we couldn't do that for food safety reasons.

>> No.3830954

>>3830946
I delivered for a couple that ordered half cooked pizzas. They would order it parbaked, cut it in half and bake it right them and then cook and eat the other half later in the week.

>> No.3830957

>>3830953
we're fairly certain she would eat it like that.

she would always look in the box and if it was too done she would have us remake it.

>> No.3830989

>>3830957
Maybe not. Maybe she realized the pizza will cook with its own heat. Or maybe it gets really crusty when she has to reheat it.

>> No.3830993

>>3830957
I would too, if it wasn't made how I wanted it made I would send it back.

>> No.3830994

>>3830946
> get mad when they can't get a half pan and half hand tossed pizza
lol wut? i work at a ph and have never heard that

>> No.3831008

>>3830954
yeah, there's a guy where I work who orders several times a week. There's a very specific way in which he likes his pizza made: high crusts, very little cheese, normal amount of sauce, slightly undercooked (because he reheats it at home). Some people don't take special requests seriously (idk why they just don't care), but I always make sure it's done as specified if I can. Especially with loyal customers who aren't assholes idk why you wouldn't try and do right by them.

>> No.3831018

>tries a new restaurant for breakfast
>guy asks me what my drink is
>I order milk
>"Is Pepsi okay?"

I don't even know how to respond to that.

>> No.3831030

>>3831018
he wus trolling you

>> No.3831040

>yesterday at Pizza Hut
>boss handing redneck his pizza
>black guy next to him thinks its his
>touches the box
>redneck throws a fit saying "a nasty black" touched his food
>have to remake pizza
>boss raging cause her son is half black

>> No.3831041

>>3830946

I did that all the time when I worked at dominos. If anyone is wondering why not take it home fully raw (like Papa Murphy's), we didn't really have the packaging materials for that. If you cooked it part way, you could put it in cardboard and it wouldn't stick. It also melted the cheese enough that all the toppings were glued to the surface.

Still wasn't as good as cooking the whole thing in one shot tho.

>> No.3831058

>>3830957
> she would always look in the box and if it was too done she would have us remake it.

No. She was looking into the box to make sure that the rubbin-shit-in-your-hair monkey retards that cooked her pizza took even the minimal amount of pride in their work necessary to honor a simple request.

I doubt it will happen, but someday you will learn to take pride in your work, then you will kick yourself in the ass about all this time and opportunity you wasted being edgy and cynical. Besides, enjoying your work makes the time go much quicker.

>> No.3831068

>>3831058
6/10

>> No.3831102

>Work at Subway
>Old redneck comes in while we're busy
>Orders two footlong clubs with double meat
>I assemble his first sandwich
>"I said double meat."
>"This is double meat, sir."
>"DOUBLE MEAT!"
>Explain to him the amount of meat that normally goes on a sandwich and show him how much is on his
>It is, in fact, double the goddamn meat
>"DOUBLE MEAT MEANS DOUBLE MEAT!"
>"Do you want more than double meat? It will cost even more."
>"NO, I JUST WANT DOUBLE MEAT! STOP TRYING TO CHEAT ME! DOUBLE MEAT MEANS DOUBLE MEAT."
>I refuse to give him more unless he plans on paying for it
>Storm out yelling about how he's gonna get me fired

>> No.3831120

>>3831058
wtf are you talking about man?

i'm just delivering pizzas there as a summer job while i'm in school. i should be proud of a shitty, half-cooked pizza hut pizza that i didn't make or even cut?

i can only come to the conclusion that you are insane.

>> No.3831137

>>3831120
lol seriously. Sounds like that guy likes working at Gamestop WAY too much.

>> No.3831139

It's best not to have a job that involves dealing with the public.

Most people are decent, but there are enough assholes to ruin it.

>> No.3831154

I don't like it when people refer to "whole wheat" as just "wheat" either.

>> No.3831258

not really food service but

>used to work at the cashier at a supermarket
>sometimes random items would scan with an error message they weren't available to be sold
>just a "cannot be sold at this time" error, managers cant do anything because it means the item wasnt correctly added to the stores stock
>happens at least once a week and you cant sell the item when it comes up
>people would get furious at me, tell me I scanned it wrong, demand to know why they couldn't buy it, swear at me, tell me they'd shop somewhere else (like I give a shit) and in general act like giant babbies

I'll admit it was annoying and stupid that for such a big company(international sized) they would have this problem as an often occurance, but I couldn't do anything about it and managers never could either.

Also this same store I'd work on sundays up until we closed, but by about early afternoon we'd run out of plastic bags and people would have to put things right into their carts as is, I used to have people put all of their items on the conveur belt, then just walk out with everything left there when I told them we had no plastic bags left.

>> No.3831273

>>3831102
Why didn't you just give him double meat?

>> No.3831418

Requests and complaints I have encountered.

>Orders breaded whitebait.
>Sends back whitebait complaining she cut into it and could see it's face, tail and everything.
Yes, Ma'am, that's an actual fish inside there, not the processed cardboard that you're used to eating from the supermarket, would you like me to fillet them for you?
>My onion rings are greasy.
Yes, ma'am, your battered, deep fried food is covered in oil.
>I don't like your plates.
It's just a plain white plate.
>My steak isn't well done.
No, Sir, your steak is not well done, but I will quite happily serve you the sole of my shoe instead.
>Both order same meal, cooked in the same pan, the same time, identical meals.
One enjoys food, other complains it's cold.
>My soup is too cold.
Ma'am, I probed your food, it's 93 degree's celcius.
>microwave the shit out of her soup at 350 degree's for 2 minutes on 100%.
>Probe food at 145 Degree's.
complains it's too hot.

>> No.3831445

>>3831418
If someone orders a well done steak, you better give him a well fucking done steak, dipshit. Nobody gives a shit what YOU think, youre there to serve people, not give them advice.

>> No.3831453

>>3831102
I'll never forget the lady that wanted me to make her a custom wrap at work. We didn't normally do that, it was all pre-set recipes so we could price them. My manager said OK and to just weigh everything up and price it individually.

The lady cussed me out every time I walked over to the scale to price something. I bit my lip so I wouldn't cuss her out in return.

In the end, she finally calmed down when the manager explain to her she was paying $2 for two wraps, when wraps were usually about $4 each. Needless to say, I never did it again for anybody.

I got a lot of people who want extra meat or extra cheese and get mad when I put the extra charge on their bill. I really don't know what they expect, they really should just go buy a pound of meat and a pound of cheese so they can just put the whole fucking thing on a roll themself.

>> No.3831459

>>3830948
lol, i wish i'd seen it. i love seeing the fat reap the harvest of their sloth and gluttony.

>> No.3831466

>>3831453
I went to make a sandwich at work once (deli) and apparently I used the wrong cheese and meat and almost got fired for it. (No one had explained anything about it yet and I was a new hire)

>> No.3831467

>>3831445
Well done is subjective.

To some it means cooked all the way through and to others it means burned to a fucking crisp.

Also, nobody gives a shit what you think either.

>> No.3831475

>work at deli for 2 years
>still can't understand if a customer says "half a pound" or "can I have a pound"
>ask again just to make sure
>they look at me with contempt, god forbid they have to repeat themselves

nightmare mode continuation:
>hand food to customer
>"I only wanted half" / "I said a pound"
yeah nah, you're a cunt

>> No.3831476

A man comes up and wants to ask me a question about our frozen iced coffees, fine.

"I wanted a Chocolate one, but I see you only have Mocha, Caramel, and then there's one that says Chocolate caramel. Can I get the chocolate caramel one without the caramel?"

So then I try to explain 3 times that mocha IS chocolate, and that the chocolate-caramel flavor is the flavor of the actual syrup and can't be separated.

He looked totally lost and walked away.

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder how people figure out how pants work when they get dressed in the morning.

>> No.3831479

>work in sushi place
>every now and then some redneck dumbasses come in and order food
>complain that the food is cold, some complain that it is undercooked

we need a good plague like the one that hit Europe in the middle ages

>> No.3831488

>>3831475
People at my deli do this as well. I look at them like they just raped my only child, with a dead mother.

>> No.3831494

>>3831475
Repeating yourself is one of the most annoying things in the world to do, so just listen harder, stupid.

>> No.3831497

>>3831154
It's the disconnect from the source of foods. Most people barely understand how their meat gets to their table, they sure as hell don't understand milled grains or baking.
>>3831475
You ever get the fucks that order in thirds?
>>3831479
Those same fucks aren't vaccinating their throngs of retard spawn so, don't worry, it's coming.

>> No.3831507

>>3831418
>My steak isn't well done.
>No, Sir, your steak is not well done, but I will quite happily serve you the sole of my shoe instead.

Too easy, you're retarded.

>Both order same meal, cooked in the same pan, the same time, identical meals.
>One enjoys food, other complains it's cold.
>My soup is too cold.
>Ma'am, I probed your food, it's 93 degree's celcius.
>microwave the shit out of her soup at 350 degree's for 2 minutes on 100%.
>Probe food at 145 Degree's.
>complains it's too hot.

So you intentionally made her soup too hot because you're a dick?

>> No.3831516

>>3831497
I had somebody once get angry because they asked for "One dollar's worth of roast beef." Roast beef costs $10/lb. She couldn't understand why I handed her one slice until I told her how much it cost per pound.

I don't mind slicing "a dollar's worth" or whatever because sometimes people only have X amount of money to spend, but I just wish they wouldn't be complete and total idiots.

>> No.3831518

>>3831494
I shed a single tear for your poor vocal chords.

>> No.3831519

>>3831518
It's your job to listen to a customer's order. If you're too lazy to do your job properly then you suck ass.

>> No.3831527

>>3831516
>I just wish they wouldn't be complete and total idiots.
Yep. I'll put up with bs requests if they're polite but nobody is anymore.

>> No.3831530

>>3831527
Why should they be polite to peasants like you or me?

>> No.3831543

>>3831527
This is why I go out of my way to be as cheerful and calm as I possibly can when interacting with service employees. I'd like to think I brighten their day just a bit.

>> No.3831551

>>3831519
>annoyed that I'm making an effort to do my job properly
>lazy

That awkward moment when the person you're arguing with contradicts themselves

>> No.3831561

>working at coffee stand
>$0.75 for a cup of coffee, only one size
>everybody pays with a $1
>start to run out of quarters around mid afternoon
>make sign "we need change"
>women comes up, about to pay with a one, sees sign
>asks "do you need change?"
>me "no, I'm making a political statement"
>awkward silence, hoping she isn't pissed
>she laughs hysterically, gives me all the quarters in her purse for ones

>> No.3831572

>>3831543

Bless you.

>> No.3831616

>work at a fine dining place with sports-bar-type atmosphere
>we have a lot of strong Belgian beers
>50 year old woman can't get enough of them, ends up passed out in the ladies room with her pants down, vomitting
>have to call in an ambulance
>emts come in with stretcher and everything, everyone eating there thinks we gave her food poisoning or some shit
>get a bunch of shitty tips

>> No.3831617

more deli stories

>start cutting something
>"that's not an end is it?"
>still has over a pound left in it
>"I don't like ends"
>go open new one
>customer is too stupid to realize that I'd just be cutting from the end of the new one anyway

>> No.3831627

>>3831543

You are the best kind of customer.

>> No.3831652

>>3831543
Ditto

>>3831475
Thank you for asking again. I'd rather check than get something mixed up in communication. Regular human interaction doesn't make me angry like it does for some people here.

>> No.3831657

>Work in a kitchen at an old people's home
>Ash someone at the hatch to ask one of the residents what he wants to eat
>She fucking shouts across the room at him
I could have done that.

>> No.3831658

>>3831475

You could just repeat "zero point five pounds?" and then arch your eyebrows meaningfully as you approach 0.5 pounds, like every deli guy in history does.

Also lol @ the people who have trouble with thirds. No wonder you're in foodservice complaining about yuppies.

>> No.3831661
File: 67 KB, 1024x768, dwight-schrute-the-office-1024x768[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anything ever bought something, then dropped the change in your tip jar

Then come back to buy something else, come up short on change, and ask if they could use the money they tipped you with?

>> No.3831668

>>3831543

You and I both. I've worked in the food service industry off and on since I was 15, and I know what a sucky, and thankless job it can be. I try to be as patient as I can, especially when the restaurant is busy, or my order came out incorrect. I know cheerful, patient customers were always my favorite.

>> No.3831679

>>3831658
I do that quite often, but a lot of customers rattle off things in succession because they are about to leave and do other shopping. Also, cutting thirds is no problem. After a week anybody can cut to a desired amount without too much of a discrepancy.

>> No.3831680

>>3831543
Thank god, I thought I was the only one. I've never been a dick to any employees unless I had a reason to, which was maybe once.

>> No.3831705

I'll never understand how but my mum always had a habit of talking to cashiers and having long conversations with them. All the time when I went shopping with her as a child, and even now if I go 99% of the time she'll have a conversation with the cashier at the supermarket. And both of them enjoy it.

A month or so ago she said the cashier ended up asking her how do you know if you're pregnant because she was worried.

I think my mum's superwoman when it comes to being a customer at tills whereas I go through as hassle free as possible.

>> No.3831713

Another former pizza hut employee here.
We had a regular who told us that she was allergic to meat and demanded that her food be cut with a freshly sanitized blade on a freshly sanitized cutting board. Ok, that's no big deal. We had to sanitize all that stuff every couple of hours anyways and it only took a few extra minutes to make it happen. What I thought was particularly unreasonable was that she demanded that only her pizza was to be in the oven when we cooked it. Otherwise she might have an allergic reaction and all that crap. Apparently having a meat allergy is actually a thing, very rare, but whatever. We try to explain to her that cooking other pizzas in the same oven would not pose a threat but she wont have any of that shit. She comes in to watch us cook the damned pizza to make sure we're doing it right. Mind you, this almost always happens at about 7 on a Friday. Saying that we usually have other orders is an understatement. So we have a choice between having one really pissy lady in our lobby for god knows how long until we clear out our orders or having a bunch of other people getting pissed off because they have to wait longer for their crappy food. Different managers handled it in different ways but it always resulted in someone getting upset. It's just a pain in the ass.

So one week her husband comes in to place the order. We tell him it's probably going to be another 15-20 before we can have the oven clear to cook his order and apologize for the wait. He looks at us like we're insane.
>Why would you have to clear out the oven to cook my order?
Well, isn't your wife allergic to meat? She usually has us cook it separately to make sure there's not cross contamination.
>What the hell? No. She IS a vegetarian but definitely not allergic to it. Is that why it always takes so fucking long for her to get our food? She always told me you guys just mess up the order a lot.

>> No.3831718

>>3831705

tell your mom to stop holding up the fucking line goddamnit

>> No.3831721
File: 139 KB, 424x470, YOUSTUPIDFUCK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Buffet hostess here.

>Opening week
>Couple with infant comes in
>Mother carries her baby while getting food
>Baby pukes all over the floor
>Bitch acts like it didn't happen

I've got no problem cleaning up baby puke; they tend to do that often and cleaning is part of my job, but acting like it didn't happen resulted in two other customers stepping in the vomit (Blended in with the floor) before it was noticed.

On a different day:
>Party of ~15
>Someone gives the baby a frosted cupcake
>Baby proceeds to use the cupcake like a crayon, smears frosting and mushes the cupcake all over the table and finger paints with it for a good half hour before they leave
>mfw

>> No.3831729

>>3831102

Obviously he wanted your cock in his sandwich.

>> No.3831730
File: 38 KB, 500x375, Fuckit.+I+m+tired+too+_c395d29b0aeee1e2889f5ff632ef767c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831713
I raged

>> No.3831736

>>3831617
I live near a grocery that serves mostly ancient jewish women. They wrap up the ends to sell and I always get them reduced because no one buys them, it's great.

>> No.3831738

>some fuckup orders pizza without cheese
>coworker accidentally put cheese on it
>deliver it
>he opens the box and refuses to pay because theres cheese on it
>i take it out to my car, scrape off the cheese, chew on it a bit, and spit it out on the pizza
>throw it at faggots door

>> No.3831764

>>3831713
There's pretty much two different kinds of vegetarians/vegans

1 - the ones who just don't want to eat meat for whatever reason. They'll just tell you they're vegetarian and, you don't serve them meat, and everyone's cool.

2 - the people who get off on being morally superior over you filthy carnivores. They never tell you they're vegetarian, because that would acknowledge you can understand their superior diet in the first place.

Sadly my sister is totally a #2.

>> No.3831794

>opening the kitchen this morning around 8:30
>other cook is supposed to be in around 11
>he doesn't show up until 12 because "he didn't know he had to work today" (the fucking schedules are posted right in the kitchen)
>I'm in the middle of a rush when he comes in
>asks me what needs to get done
>I start yelling off tickets that need to be made
>he gets mad, says that I can't tell him what to do since he's my boss
>"since when are you my boss?"
>he storms off
>comes back an hour later
>apparently the manager said something to him about him being one of the "head cooks" which made him think that he's now the executive chef
>there are like 4 cooks that work there: me, this guy, one guy who barely does anything, and another who only works part time
>he proceeds to cut a bunch of tomatoes and onions with the deli slicer, leaves the slicer dirty, then sits in the back room on his cell phone for 2 hours before leaving, all while still clocked in
>he was supposed to be there for 5 more hours
>I end up having to pick up his shift
TL;DR: I hate my co-workers. Luckily the dishwasher and the part-time cook are total bros and all the waitresses love me.

>> No.3831820

>>3831738

I... what?

>> No.3831825 [DELETED] 
File: 96 KB, 500x309, youreadick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831820

>> No.3831832

>>3831794
For what it's worth, I raged at that fucker just reading your story. Keep fighting the good fight, bro!

>> No.3831879

This thread makes me feel really good about myself.
Also, never tipping anyone ever again unless I get a blowjob with my food. Holy shit you're a bunch of entitled cunts.

>> No.3831896

I do not understand what "Food Service Stories" has to do with /ck/? It is not food and it is not cooking. /ck/ is about "Food & Cooking". This thread is about "services" which is not food at all. It's just a service. It could be any kind of service, food related or not.

Take your services and tips thread to /b/. Thank you.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

>> No.3831899

>>3831896
How are food service stories not related to food? It's like complaining about Bioware threads on /v/.

>> No.3831901

>>3831896
you just contradicted yourself by saying they were "Food Service Stories" and then by saying they were not food related

>> No.3831902

>>3831794
How the fuck did he not get fired?

>> No.3831905

>>3831902
Well the restaurant is part of a country club, so it's not open during winter. I've talked to the manager and she said there's no real point in firing him (and one other guy) since we're only open for another month anyway. Also, our actual chef left for another job about a month ago, so we need all the help we can get.

>> No.3831909

>>3831899
It is a service. Does /fa/ gets threads from sale-persons who give services in clothing stores? Does /fit/ gets threads from people giving services for selling exercise equipments? Does /v/ gets threads from sale-persons from stores who are selling video games? Does /tv/ gets threads from people who are giving services in stores of selling and renting DVDs? No, but in /ck/ we have to listen to whines of people who are serving food (not cooking, just serving food from kitchen to customer's table) then we have to listen to their whines about tipping. Selling/serving car tires, clothing, video games, movies DVDs or food is just a service. It's bitter but it's truth.

>> No.3831911

>>3831909
I don't think you've ever been to /fa/ or /v/, because I see those kinds of threads all the time.

>> No.3831925

>>3831911
Go there, find one and post links here. Let's see if you can kind one thread with 20+ posts. I am waiting here.

I am talking about people who are people who work in a store which sell video games.
Video Games Selling Store owner = Restaurant owner
Video Game programmer = Cook/Chef
A person helping people to select a game or fetching a game for them from any other rack = waiter/waitress in a restaurant

Let's see how many threads you can find in /v/ who work in a video stores? And how many thread you can find in /fa/ who work in a clothing store?

>> No.3831932

>>3831925
I don't really feel the need to prove anything to you, but >fucking gamestop and "ask a gamestop employee anything" threads are fucking /v/ staples. Threads like that are less rare on /fa/, but I've seen them.

>> No.3831934

>>3831925
FUCKING GAMESTOP threads.

>> No.3831941

>>3831925
Who died and made you mod?

>> No.3831942

>>3831616
Your shitty tips were because of your shitty service pal.

>> No.3831945

>>3831932
>>3831934
There is a difference. That would be equal to "I work at McDonald, ask me anything". But about tipping and service stories is way different thing.

>> No.3831948

>>3831945
I don't see how they're different at all.

>> No.3831952

>>3831945
wow. i think you are just bitching to bitch. who shat in your food at the Restaurant .

>> No.3831953

>>3831896

go away

>> No.3831956

omgee /ck/ dramaaa

>> No.3831971

>>3831909
Fuck off faggot... It's Food Service...

>Be " junior manager" at a pizza place
>junior manager consists of putting up with bullshit that the manager couldn't be bothered with
>friday night 5pm
>32 tickets in and both phone lines constantly busy
>manager yells for me to take a call that had questions
>spend an hour talking to an older jewish lady about out ingredients and their contents
>phone call was literally 62 minutes long
>maintain friendly attitude and good customer service
>lady orders 2 large pizzas and and chicken wings
>make order to her specifications and send it out
>driver comes back and hands me a twenty dollar bill with a thank you note attached
a good attitude and good customer service can go a long way sometimes

>> No.3831973

>>3831459
I have looked into it, apparently he tried to sue, owners had insurance, the case got laughed out of court and insurance covered his medical bills and not a penny more.

>> No.3832050

>cashier
>take an order for two niggas
>forget to take down a drink and just give it to them for free
>talk with them a bit and give them their food
>They come back half an hour later and say we didn't give them their food
I tried to be nice, but black people will be black people.

>> No.3832060
File: 46 KB, 520x383, 1339-520x383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831896
hide threads that make you mad and cry tears of buttrage, now you will no longer be upset.

>> No.3832061
File: 1.84 MB, 180x150, 1343696510880.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831102
>Go into Subway
>Order somefuckingsub with double meat
>Lady tells me there's already double meat
No there's not you stupid cunt, I watched you make the fucking thing.

Also,
>be such a pushover and reserved that I have never questioned a service employee, even when they were in the wrong.
>i know people who will literally drive a mile back to mcdonalds because there was 2 pieces of onion on their processed dog shit

>> No.3832092

>>3831896
Fuck off.

>> No.3832104

>>3832050
>talk to black customers to prove street cred and convince yourself you aren't racist
>they turn out to be dicks, "niggers will be niggers"

Glad they took advantage of you and your place of employment.

>> No.3832119

>be butcher

>"Pound of ground chuck please"
>grab estimated fistful, throw on scale
>1.005 pounds
>"That's close enough"

Like I'm going to weigh out $3.99 beef to the thousandth of a pound lady.

>"Pound of bacon, and trim all the visible fat off."

Only time I've ever said, no, I won't do that.

>> No.3832146

>>3831713
Did you ask her husband to pick up the pizza from now on? It would make things easier for both sides.

>> No.3832148

Not in the food services but when my girlfriend and I are out for dinner and the service is good, we like to give a nice tip and draw on the receipt for the waiter/waitress. We only hope it would bring a smile to their faces.

>> No.3832150

>>3831713
I hope she suffers a moderately painful injury.

>> No.3832160

>be waitress at shitty small restaurant
>woman, her mom, her sister, and her baby all come in
>'oh this high chair is far too dirty for my precious baby! You have to understand, I'm ALL about cleanliness!'
>scrub it clean until she's satisfied
>this happens occasionally so I don't really care
>give them their drinks and put in their order
>go to check on them a few minutes later
>woman is changing her baby on the empty table beside them
>leaves diaper dirty-side down ON THE TABLE
>stare, mouth agape
>she looks up at me
>finishes changing her baby
>'do you have somewhere I can throw this diaper sweetheart? Thaaaaanks.'
>run for the bleach the moment they leave the restaurant

>> No.3832167

>apply for restaurant jobs
>too ugly to be a waiter
>not skilled enough to be a cook
>get the occasional dishwasher job, but they usually prefer to hire someone younger/dumber/darker
Needless to say, I have worked very little in food service. I consider this both a blessing and a curse.

>> No.3832169

The other day I ordered dinner and they sent me the wrong persons food. I called and asked about it and they said they'll fix it. I waited two hours, called back, and they were closed.

Assholes. Its not like I didn't tip or anything what the fuck

>> No.3832175

>>3831794
I hope you love those waitresses back if you know what I mean. I would. I would love them hard.

>> No.3832178

>>3832169
Im sorry, but thats hilarious

>> No.3832187

>>3831705
I've never even seen her and I've never talked to her but I fucking hate your mother so much.

>> No.3832200

>>3832160

Why the fuck would they do this. Did you yell at them? Does your establishment not have a fucking diaper changing station?

>> No.3832203

>>3831258
Supermarket employee here, we have that happen all the time. The only difference is that people are usually all cool about it, they don't mind waiting a few minutes while someone goes and checks how much the item is.

The only time I've ever had someone get really agitated is when we have really good specials for a week, then once that week was over the prices on the system went back to usual, but the grocery guys didn't take the signs down, so we had people demanding that we sell the stuff to them cheaper.

Also:
>someone brings a tray of eggs to the checkout
>not on the system
>it's not even a brand we sell, it's our main competitor's house brand
>no one notices until it gets to checkout
>somehow whoever took in the delivery and whoever stocked the shelves didn't notice we had the wrong fucking brand of eggs
Seriously, the place is full of incompetence.

>> No.3832207

>Work in fish market.
>"Is your fish fresh?"

All of my rage.

>> No.3832213

>>3832207
>implying lots of fish aren't bought frozen and thawed before being displayed

>> No.3832215

>>3832213
>Implying that the fish market is directly on a fish pier and clearly only serves fish that is local...

>> No.3832233

>>3832215
I don't think I implied that at all.

>> No.3832251

>order a 12" pizza with just mozarella on GrubHub
>get delivered some calzone instead
>call them
>"no, you ordered a 12" calzone"
>since I ordered online, I can see my damn receipt right on the computer, obviously says pizza
>lady argues back and forth a few times but finally gives in

The calzone and pizza were named really similar things so I can understand how they ended up mixed up, and if I had accidentally ordered the wrong thing I would have just dealt with it...but don't tell me what I ordered when I can look at the site I ordered from and see what I ordered.

>> No.3832260

>>3832251
when customers complain that their order was wrong my first assumption is almost always that they're lying. I try not to be a dick about it, but I never give them the benefit of the doubt.

>> No.3832263

>>3832260
This is probably why you will always work menial jobs and never own your own successful business.

>> No.3832267
File: 15 KB, 280x412, Why Not.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832260
This, pretty much.
I like to be polite more often than not though, it usually pays off.

>> No.3832273

>>3832260
But seeing as I ordered online, they should have some sort of copy of the original receipt...also the price in the two items was different, the pizza being the cheaper of the two.

>> No.3832274

>>3832263
It's a pretty normal assumption, asshole. Managers don't like giving away free food or credits. It's a calculated risk. Even if someone's trying to pilfer free food or condiments as long as they're giving the store a profit then it's worth it.

>> No.3832277
File: 464 KB, 400x302, Lel.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832273
Meh. Mistakes will be mistakes.
At least you weren't allergic to it or anything, eh?

>> No.3832278

>>3832260
The thing is, it is your job at stake. I can make it a short-term hobby to get you fired or make your 8 hours at work very stressful.

When you are a retail/burger flipping flunky you are at the whim of the customers. You can try to power trip all you want, but in the end you should just shut your mouth and do what you are told for your $10/hr.

>> No.3832282

>>3832277
Yeah, I was only annoyed she argued that it was what we ordered instead of just sending over the right thing right away.

>> No.3832294
File: 317 KB, 657x439, Join Me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832282
I like this board.
Much cooler heads than /pol/.
>Though that's just because it's all trolls trolling trolls over there mostly..

But at any rate, your inconvenience made for a decent story to share with us today.

That's more than most people get with shit that annoys them.

>> No.3832289
File: 110 KB, 481x720, 1336122999286.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never been in the service but seen some horrific fucking shit on behalf of demanding customers.

>go with friend to popular southern food restaurant
>orders fried chicken plate
>he normally orders without white gravy
>say nothing and chalk it up to changed tastes
>plates arrive, his has white gravy on it
>"I asked without gravy"
>friend and I tell him he didn't
>he gives the waitress shit and gets his meal comped
>mfw

>> No.3832304

>>3832278
>customer complains
>asks to talk to the manager
>bad mouths employee
>customer leaves
>employee and manager have a laugh and talk about how much of an asshole that customer was
tl;dr shut up you whiny cunt

>>3832282
yeah, obviously she should have checked and talked with the employees to see if you that's what happened but people expect the situation to be rectified immediately, which is rather obnoxious.

>> No.3832309

>>3832304
When you work for a corporation and are easily expendable, things don't always work in your favor.

I have gotten 1 McDonalds and 1 shoe retail employee fired (that I know of 100%).

>> No.3832319

>Decide to order pizza one night
>Check their website, "Wow, these pizzas are cheap"
>They're about half the usual price
>Great day to decide to eat pizza
>Go pick up the pizza on my bicycle
>Bike has no rack, so put the pizza vertically into backpack
>Get home and pizza has fallen to one side of the box and become just a gloopy mess of dough, cheese and pepperoni bits
>figure it should still taste okay since all the ingredients are still there
>it tastes horrible
>not sure if its my fault for mishandling the pizza or if it was never good in the first place
>assume it was never good, it was literally just dough, cheese and pepperoni
>never went back

>> No.3832322
File: 50 KB, 520x853, 381806_2605678663928_1313748455_3007847_1644549149_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832278
>>3832309
Do you realize that you're the person everyone in these threads hate?

Do you realize that your diet is saturated in expendable employee saliva?

>> No.3832324
File: 18 KB, 275x183, Leapard Laugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832319
Yeah that pizza sounded disgusting..
And kudos for trying it anyways.

>> No.3832325
File: 50 KB, 640x400, dick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832309
get a life
quit trying to make people's lives as miserable as yours

>> No.3832326

>>3832319
It's endearing how you thought the pizza would be fine vertically.

>> No.3832329
File: 8 KB, 300x168, 425257i8345245.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832319
>Bike has no rack, so put the pizza vertically into backpack

>> No.3832331

>>3832325
Actually, my life is pretty good, especially the past year.

I am a proponent of consumer rights and if a retail flunky makes an error, does not correct it in a timely fashion, oversteps their "position", wastes my time/money, etc., than I have no problem pursuing this problem.

I tried to take back a pair of sandals that failed after 3 weeks of purchase. The employee was a sarcastic asshole that did not follow his or the company's rules of conduct and created an extra trip for me as well as a few phone calls and hours out of my time.

I therefore devoted several additional hours to make sure he did not represent said company anymore.

>> No.3832333
File: 13 KB, 633x758, 1323319482164.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832278
>$10/hr
>that feel when you have to work at a restaurant for at least year in my area to get paid more than minimum wage

>> No.3832339

>>3832333
That sucks.

Incentive to pursue education or alternative means of employment though.

>> No.3832340

>>3832294
I know right? I'm a fellow /pol/tard as well, just started lurking on this board recently

>> No.3832343
File: 34 KB, 610x598, 1342058591114.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832331
>that feel when delivery never gets paid more than minimum wage and never gets promoted

>> No.3832346

>>3832278

>10/hr

where the fuck do you work? For 10 bucks an hour I'd give every customer a blowjob with their order. People out here are lucky fucks if they can make 8 or 9. Most of the time it's 7.50/hr, which is the legal min. wage. Most of the time they get paid 5/hr with "tip compensation" added... scumbag bosses.

>> No.3832349

>>3832333
>>3832346
That's pretty shitty. I've been where I am now for about 2 months, got a raise from 9.50 to 10 about 4 weeks in, and I'm still getting underpaid.

>> No.3832350

>>3830906
>Call pizza place
>ask for extra garlic stuff in a cup on the side
>employee is too stupid spray it into a cup

you're seriously an idiot.

>> No.3832351

>>3830946
it's called a half-bake you moron, you know nothing of pizza.

>> No.3832357
File: 841 KB, 920x900, Cowboy Bebop11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832351
it's called a moron-half you pizza, know you nothing of bake.

>> No.3832358

>>3832349
it does depend on your location quite a bit
i went on vacation to chicago and was shocked at how expensive things were there

everything was about double the price of where i live, cost of living was a lot higher so i'm sure the wages reflected that

>> No.3832365
File: 46 KB, 600x450, free loony.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832358
Chicagofag reporting.
Not to derail, but:

Wages for 4chan-type guys working entry level positions don't reflect that..

You might catch a break and work in an ethnic neighborhood like Little Village or, (if God loves you), Greektown/Little Italy, or a third evolved enclave that is kind to 'working' men by means of wages and tips.

>> No.3832369

>>3832365
there's no way i could afford that place then
$1.75 plus tax for a 20oz soda? that's movie theater prices

>> No.3832371

>Customer orders pizza for pick up
>leaves
>comes back 15 minutes later: "the toppings were all on the side of the box"
>explain to them they need to drive more carefully.

seriously our delivery drivers ignore speed limits and fly around corners and can still manage not to slide triple sausage extra cheese pizzas

i don't understand how all these idiots are pulling all these g's and not crashing.

>> No.3832374
File: 2.56 MB, 4000x3000, 105_4149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832369
That's everyday life for me.
It's why I used to scrap together whatever I could from coupon threads on /b/ to spring for inexplicably overpriced stuff.

You learn a lot though, especially if you are forced into poorfag status..
>Stretch that fucking dollar, son.

Pic related, it's me helping the DJ for a yearly BofA marathon event in front of one of the most prolific restaurants in Chicago.
I pulled $200 for 10 hours' time.
This place can pay well, but you have to put more effort into finding a decent job than working hard.

Unless you had another question, that's all I'm gonna say, I guess.

>> No.3832381
File: 21 KB, 288x353, 1319312865975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832346
>mfw $10.25 is the minimum wage in my area

>> No.3832383

>>3831713
I raged so hard. I would have then rubbed every kind of meat over her crust before putting it in the oven, right next to a meat lovers.

>> No.3832384
File: 24 KB, 275x343, Lulz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832381
>mfw I know chicks who would blow a manager to consistently make $10.25

>> No.3832386
File: 533 KB, 200x174, lol wut.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832383
I would have stacked meat lover's pies on top and underneath her pizza too.

Mind as well just lick the crust while you are at it.

>> No.3832387

>>3832384
But then again, that's not even enough for someone in my city to live on just basic needs
That would require a $25 minimum wage

>> No.3832389

>>3832387
Where are you, New York or something?

>> No.3832392
File: 15 KB, 191x214, 1336833286250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832331
>yfw the employee you got fired ends up at a competitor a week later

>> No.3832395

>>3832389
Vancouver, BC aka most expensive place to live in North America

>> No.3832398

>>3832251
>First time ever hearing about this GrubHub
>Google it
>Find out it's a third-party delivery service
>Put in my address to see what's available
>Only one restaurant with a single 2/5 review

welp

>> No.3832400

Dear all food service employees who hate their customers

Get your head out of the clouds and start living in reality. The customers are your boss. They are paying you to do a job for them.

You don't like your boss? Find a new job. You too lazy or stupid to do that? Then do your goddamned best to make sure the job you are paid for, is done correctly

This is what's wrong with the country, no fucking work ethic. It's not enough that you're paid a living wage for doing a completely unnecessary job (people are capable of cooking for themselves you realize), and that you get discounted/free food on top of that, and even fucking TIPS, no, you expect your bosses to treat you like you're the goddamned messiah

>> No.3832399
File: 835 KB, 250x192, Missing The Point.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832395
Hmm.

Is it worth it?

>> No.3832402
File: 228 KB, 272x400, What.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832400
1/10.
Would not read again.
Particularly when you mentioned:
>"This is what's wrong with the country--"

>>3832398
Heh.

>> No.3832403

>one of my coworkers orders pizza for us
>lets us listen in for the lulz
>ask the pizza guy leave hers a little longer in the oven since she likes it crunchy
>pizza guy starts a 5 minute debate about that request being idiotic since the pizza will get slouchy anyway

>> No.3832404
File: 79 KB, 367x357, 1302075844387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Working at Pizza Hut
>Give person their pizza
>mfw they take it and hold it vertically underneath their arm

>> No.3832406

>>3832399
I would say it is, isn't too dangerous, all the polluted air get's blown to Chilliwack, bunch of good universities/colleges and there are hot asian/half asian chicks everywhere, also the scenery, views, etc, etc.

>> No.3832408

>>3832402
But it is what's wrong with the country. Look at this thread, all these people talking about how horrible food service workers have things because they have to deal with customers who EXPECT THINGS, omagod no!

This is what Americans actually believe. If you are EXPECTED to do something that's not completely within your comfort zone at your job, horror of horrors, your life is sure miserable. Heaven forbid someone asks something INCONVENIENT of you at your fucking job.

What do people even think a job is? A form of recreation by the sound of it.

>> No.3832411

>>3832408
I'm going to walk into your job, and ask you for the most insane thing I can think of. And if you can't do/get it for me, then you don't have enough work ethic for your job.

>> No.3832413
File: 7 KB, 210x200, Gary Don't Give A Fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832408
Mehhhhhh..

I come from /pol/, good friend.
Trolling MEANS something over there.
You aren't even trying to make me mad.

Really quite amateur, really.

>> No.3832414

>>3832411
And I will do my best to make you satisfied whatever insane thing you ask for, because I understand that I'm being paid to do just that

>> No.3832415

>>3832400
>the most important determinant of job satisfaction is ''work autonomy,'' or the degree to which employees feel they can make their own decisions and influence what happens on the job.

Did you really think the fact that these people don't like their jobs just comes down to their attitude?

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/28/science/satisfaction-on-the-job-autonomy-ranks-first.html

>> No.3832416

I worked at a wing place once. A fat couple came in and ordered 40 traditional wings. I was about to leave for the day so I threw in free drinks and ranch.
I delivered their order to their table and started counting the safe. 10 minutes later the guy comes up to the counter with half the wings eaten (bones were directly On the tray, of course).
"We wanted all drums."
>allmyblankstares.jpg
"Well, sir, an order with all drums actually costs more, and you've already eaten most of your wings, even the "flats", so..."
He wants to speak to the manager. I am the manager. I personally had to remake his food.
He also took the uneaten half back to the table.

>> No.3832419

>>3832414
And I will scream at you and demean you to the point where you are not a human being by anyone's standards, just because you fucked up some meaningless thing with my order/request.

>> No.3832420
File: 953 KB, 1041x1530, Gopniks From Around The World.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832406
Sounds a lot like Chicago, but +50 people don't get murdered every summer.

I'd rather still stay here than need 25 bucks as a minimum, though..

>> No.3832421

>>3832415
You mean people hate being told what to do, and prefer to decide for themselves?

This is new and interesting information that nobody is aware of I'm sure

Hey dickface, if I'm paying you to do something, my topmost concern is not how satisfied you are in doing it, it's that you do it fucking right

>> No.3832422

>>3832404
I would have just started laughing

>Waiter at restaurant
>Same lady always comes in every week, on Friday
>She orders the soup of the day, which is the only soup we serve that day
>Creamy shrimp soup
>"OH I REALLY WANT THE SOUP BUT IT HAS SHRIMP YOU NEED TO TAKE THE SHRIMP OUT"
>"Ma'am we can't do that"
>Continues to bitch
>Tell head chef and he makes one serving just to shut her up
>She comes back 3 days later and orders the shrimp satay
>Tell chef its the same woman who wouldn't stop bitching for her own soup
>Chef comes out of the kitchen and yells at her
>She leaves in tears
Was a good day at work

>> No.3832423
File: 678 KB, 1389x1034, Uh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832416
Oh fuck, wow..
What an asshole..

>> No.3832426
File: 19 KB, 460x300, Heh..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832421
Then it sounds like you are an asshole who can only receive people's help or service by paying them.

>> No.3832427

One guy wanted me to pay to have his car cleaned because he took a sharp corner, the bag with his wings tipped over, and sauce leaked out of the container onto his floormat.
Before he previouslyeft I'd had to instruct him to "hold the bag upright" or the (extra) sauce he ordered might leak.
>corpprate told me to have his car cleaned.

>> No.3832430

>woman dining in complained wings were too small.
>I double her order, apologize.
>she calls back the next day complaining about how her wings from the night before were small and she was unsatisfied.
>"yes ma'am, I remember you. I doubled your order, remember?"
>she hung up.
I hope she felt some shame.

>> No.3832431
File: 28 KB, 210x202, I See.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832430
Rightly so.
You doubled her meat, damn it.

>> No.3832434
File: 155 KB, 720x576, 1316666876355.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>deliver pizza for naked pizza
>late delivery about 20 mins before closing time
>we usually don't take deliveries this late, but the guy lives 4 blocks away
>he orders a small mediterranean
>deliver small mediterranean
>get back to the store
>gm says i delivered the wrong pizza, customer said he got a large farmvil
>tell gm i know i delivered a small box
>gm says he know, and just to give him another pizza
>have to remake pizza now 15 mins from closing time when the line is already mostly broken down and clean
> deliver it again
> "gee, i don't know how i fit that 14" pizza in a 10" box, do you think i could see it to see what went wrong so it won't happen again?"
>"uh, no i threw it away in a garbage can outback"
>"I see"

mfw we charged his card for two pizzas with the individual toppings, not the specialty price (more expensive).

>> No.3832439

>>3832434

why would he complain about getting a larger pizza?

>> No.3832441

>go to starbucks.
>order a green tea.
>"we just used the last of the pitcher."
>ask if they're going to brew more.
>"no, we're about to close."
>it's 2.5 hours until closing time.
>tell her i'll buy the whole pitcher's worth of tea if she'll make it.
>"sorry, no." then she walked into the back room.

I worked at Starbucks in college. It takes 5 minutes and no effort to make green tea.

>> No.3832442
File: 175 KB, 374x452, Lulz!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832439
He was trying to get another free pizza by placing a bogus complaint.

And it worked.

>> No.3832443
File: 60 KB, 445x445, Hipster Huh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832441
Maybe she just didn't like how you looked.

>> No.3832444

>>3832439
Why would he "throw it away"?

>> No.3832445

>>3832441

i found this story hilarious

>> No.3832446
File: 23 KB, 569x428, Consider the Following...jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832444
No no, he ate it.

But when asked for the box by the delivery kid, he said he threw it away.

Which in all likelihood happened after he finished, but if he showed it, they could have denied giving him the 'replacement' pizza.

That's why our storyteller here said "I see."
It's expressing disbelief in a neutral and often calm manner.

>> No.3832447

>>3832434

> deliver it again
> "gee, i don't know how i fit that 14" pizza in a 10" box, do you think i could see it to see what went wrong so it won't happen again?"
>"uh, no i threw it away in a garbage can outback"
>"I see"

what are you even trying to say here, who is saying what?

>> No.3832448

>>3832441
when she went to the breakroom, why didn't you just make the pitcher yourself, get her attention again, and show her the pitcher, and pay

>> No.3832449

>>3832439

it's very simple.

Can I complain about something?
IF YES
Then complain.
Will this get me in trouble?
IF NO
Then complain more and get mad
Is there accountability for me complaining about moronic shit?
IF NO
Then repeat from step 1
ELSE
Demand to speak to manager/higher up and complain loudly.

>> No.3832450

>>3832441

I can't believe someone would be that much of an ass. There must be more to the story

>> No.3832451
File: 8 KB, 480x360, Wha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832448
Because only those with so much fuckin' spaghetti in their pockets would try to be 'edgy' and break society's rules in the most tame way.

>> No.3832453

>>3832451
Great. A new buzzword. Just what we need.

It's got nothing to do with being edgy and everything to do with getting what you went there for.

>> No.3832455
File: 1.46 MB, 3264x1840, This Is What Your Argument Is Like.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832453
Sorry, buzzwords are my breakfast, lunch and dinner where I usually lurk..

It just seems like an overreaction to try to handle things yourself.
Even with past experience, it just seems like overkill when this is the ONE occasion that you can ask for a manager and be in the right.
You know?

>> No.3832457
File: 42 KB, 460x567, 26197.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832448
My feeling were hurt :'(
That was actually the store I used to work at, too.
The only thing that made it better was that my boyfriend (a gm) filled in at that store about a week later, while she was working.

>> No.3832459

>>3832457
>feeling
Stupid phone.

>> No.3832468

>>3832457
you kinda left us hanging at the end there

>> No.3832472

>>3832442
Didn't work - The story teller said that they charged him for both pizzas.

>> No.3832473
File: 6 KB, 269x187, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every time I take my girlfriend to someplace new and/or unfamiliar at least 1 of 3 things happens:
A. she takes forever looking over looking over the menu. we're talking 'the sever comes back 3 times after clearing our apps that i had to order to curb starvation' length of time

B. she gets completely confused and tried to order something that doesn't exist or a different version of what she wants. "i'll have the chicken". the basic chicken is served "... this isn't the pineapple(or whatever) chicken"

C. orders the SAME FUCKING THING she could get at one of our normal, cheaper spots that is revered for that dish

>Anon, we haven't gone out to eat lately. Let's try a new place.
>she proceeds to do A, B, and C at the same time
>FUUUUU
>mfw

>> No.3832475

>>3832468
Well he wasn't a huge dick or anything. He made her clean the drains, the outside trash cans, bathrooms, and stressed the importance of keeping everything stocked. He watched her when she made drinks, quizzed her on temps, stuff like that. I mean, he basically made sure she knew how to do her job and then made her do it.
She didn't know we were dating, and probably wouldn't have remembered me if she had known.
I feel mean for being so satisfied, but I feel so satisfied being mean.

>> No.3832479

I used to be a busboy at a understaffed restuerant so I had do double as waiter...I ran out of notepads to write the customer's orders and had to write it on my hand.
The table I served, a table of 18 had a good laugh when I had to roll up my sleeve to write down all the food they ordered.

>> No.3832484

I work at a hibachi grill in a fucking podunk town in the shitty USA south. Rednecks drive me crazy, and do many irritating things when coming to eat here:

>Get pissed we don't have ranch dressing for the free salad. The two we have are homemade and delicious.
>Parents get irritated we don't have chicken fingers and french fries for their kids. There's a McDonalds literally next door. And a KFC.
>People don't understand if they're in a party of two, they may have to share an 8-seat grill with another couple.
>Want eggrolls, Kung Pow chicken, or chicken/pork/shrimp fried rice. They could just buy the chicken dinner and mix it in their fried rice. Yes, there is a difference between American Chinese and Japanese cooking. It blows their fucking mind.
>Parents coming in at 8-9pm and ordering their children Coca-Cola, sweet tea, or some other caffeine-filled beverage.

Have a story from tonight. I work full-time at a hibachi-sushi bar while going to school. Anyway, these two women came in to eat. Both ordered a chicken dinner apiece. Double and triple-checked with them, since they seemed shifty and confused. I come back when the chef starts cook and see one woman has discarded her plate on another table. It gets really busy and I'm only able to heed to customers' requests at their table and others', but I do see that they are indeed getting two chicken dinners on one plate--it was practically overflowing with food. I asked them if they needed another plate and they quickly denied. The chef even told me when he was finished cooking that he put the two dinners on one plate. Later, they start bitching at my manager about how I charged them for two chicken dinners when they split one. Once they realized they were caugtht, the bitches then began to say we did not serve enough food.

>> No.3832521

>>3832479
I'm guessing you didn't have the logic to go find some paper or napkins.

>> No.3832526

I always order "about a pound" of whatever I get at the deli counter... It's always close enough.

I order my food at the drive thru by combo number and size of drink I want.

I always just have the delivery guy put a credit on my account if they forget to bring part of my order.

I always tip the delivery guy.

>> No.3832546

>>3832278

>$10/hr

Where there hell is the pay that high?

>> No.3832559

>>3831721
>>3832160

Fucking breeders and their worthless fucking crackerspawn. Fuck these assholes.

>> No.3832588

>Go into local diner
>Holding the door for my friends
>Hear somebody yell "Stop, he didn't pay!"
>Close the door
>Watch some guy run into the door, not looking, and smash nose first into the re-enforced glass
>He goes down and they call the cops
>Mfw the owner gave me a huge slice of chocolate cake for free

I now deliver her medical marijuana every other week. Life is weird.

>> No.3832591

>>3831879

>I'm not going to tip because of what people say on 4chan.

Ftfy

>> No.3832592 [DELETED] 

>mfw my area minimum wage is $15/hr

dunno how different australias cost of living is to america though, a decent, newly built apartment in the city is $180 a week.

>> No.3832597

>mfw my area minimum wage is $15/hr

dunno how different australias cost of living is to america though, a decent, newly built apartment in the city is $220 a week.

>> No.3832614

>>3832588
Nice free cake. So, how much free weed do you get?

>> No.3832618

>>3831418
Surprised when someone complains about soup that is 300 fahrenheit :|

Seriously do you realize how fucking dangerous that is?

http://www.accuratebuilding.com/services/legal/charts/hot_water_burn_scalding_graph.html

Im really doubting that you probed it to begin with

>> No.3832625

>>3832419
Literally comparing screaming at someone to half baked pizza and half a pound/have a pound

>> No.3832627

Gonna go on the other side of these stories

>go to Flat Top with a buddy of mine
>it's 30 minutes before closing when we arrive
>walk up to hostess
>"Sorry, we've already started cleaning the grill."
>we leave

Didn't say anything, but bitched amongst ourselves. Were we on the right side of that? At most I can understand cleaning 10 minutes before closing. 30 minutes was pretty much the exact amount of time we would need to get our food/eat considering the fact that it was a completely open grill.

>> No.3832639

you couldn't sell him a can of the garlic spray he loves?

>> No.3832648

>>3832627

I figure if a store won't serve you if they're "just about to close" then they should explicitly close that amount of time earlier.

>> No.3832663

>>3832614
She's only one of nine people I act as caretaker for. I always end up with enough to smoke and give to a friend or two who needs it and isn't on my list for the month. Once I weighed it all in and it was about 3 pounds before divvying. I get about 4 ounces of that a month. The best part is that the gas money they give me covers my gas AND most of my rent. it's a fun job, especially when people want edibles. I did have my own card two years ago, but the closest green doctor is like a two hour drive, so...

>> No.3832727

>>3831896
>(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

Good, good

>> No.3832754
File: 78 KB, 560x700, b9c481860919c904964ab7266cf4c6bf67857317.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832648
stores don't do this because people are still eating and it would be in bad form to kick them out. It's basically closed because everyone is working on closing the store by that time, but the people are still eating, so they generally get a grace period.

>> No.3832849
File: 110 KB, 625x577, 1344783086430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831713
Lol

Oh wait, that was rage I was feeling.

>> No.3832856

>>3832727
hahahaha YES. Megabutthurtz gets a warning. Good stuff mod, you did a single good thing in your whole existence. I am slightly proud.

>> No.3832861

>>3831896 (USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

Superb!

>> No.3832866

I work night shift for a 24 hour supermarket

The worlds dumbest foodstamp abusing faggots come in to buy absolute garbage, but I don't even give a shit. When I don't have any customers I pick up the slack for everyone else, the stock crew, the baggers, the cashiers who can't pick up after themselves, the floor people who can't clean, the deli lady who smokes crack, and the morning shift people who have been late for the past 19 days.

I'm probably the nicest cashier you'll ever meet, and I only really work there because I like it, working hard that is. I sell unlocked smartphones for a living and I'll be retiring by the time I'm 21.

>> No.3832867
File: 35 KB, 308x391, winksuper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>staying at nice hotel
>go into restaurant for breakfast
>order coffee
>taste it and tell the waiter "This coffee tastes like mud."
>waiter says "I'm not surprised sir, it was ground this morning."

feels bad man

>> No.3832898

>be strong marble table in restaraunt
>chillin maxin and relaxin, doing my bit supporting elbows and plates
> suddenly hamwhalebeast appears
>looks like guy from monty python skit
>ready myself
>he orders 5 whole fried chickens and toast
>food arrives....heavy but not too bad.
>ohnoes..flabby elbows incoming
>feel stress run through my layers
> must do my bit in service industry
>call upon power of 1000000 suns to strengthen my reserve
> whalebeastham adjust chair to get closer to fried chicken
> beast belly now hanging on table top
>pressure becoming to much, yet I can't let the wait staff down
> waiter brings 57th serving of diet coke
>ham whale beast reaches for it, weight of massive manboob now on me
> I crack and split away from myself
> look of the death of god in beasts eyes as fried chicken falls to the flooor.
> beast fatty arm still on me
>in effort to avenge my demise I cut that fucker
>blood and chicken and flab erywer
> every one worried about wounded beast and not me
>I am ground into dust and used in manufacturing products
>I did not get a tip
>such is life in food service industry

>> No.3832901

>Working at an Italian deli/catering service
>Set up the catering bags before hand (filled with the sauces, cheeses, potato salad/mac salad/slaw etc.)
>Catering gets delivered
>20 minutes later, get a call
>It's the people we just delivered to.
>They can't find something that we were supposed to put in the bag.
>Everyone confirms that we did it.
>The customer keeps saying we didn't
>Boss asks the customer if they opened and looked in the bag.
>"Oh, I found it!".

Fucking check things.

>> No.3832921

Oh god sp has gone to shit with all the immigants from other boards and now my beloved ck is going the same way...why is pol even here? All these babys that contribute nothing but arguments....time to go to q and pray someone will listen

>> No.3832942

>>3832618
I think you need to reread that post, and maybe apply a little damn logic next time.
>300 degrees Fahrenheit
Where do I fucking begin? One, he probed it to the vaguely-specified ~140-something degrees. Degrees what? We'll answer that shortly. Two, lrn2boilingpointofliquids motherfucker. Substances don't readily get above about 212 degrees Fahrenheit, or 100 Celsius.

You can logically infer that he warmed the soup to about 140-something degrees Fahrenheit, you can proceed then to not make a shitpost, and you can take your faggoty ass and GET THE FUCK OUT of my /ck/. Mods, apprehend that assclown for crimes against common sense. Also sage for me fucking having to rage about stupidity in a service stories thread.

>> No.3832978

>>3832350
stop trying to get my goat, buddy

>> No.3832989

>>3832404
yeah, i've seen that happen too

>> No.3833000

>>3832416
>tfw you give a customer something for free and then they instantly make you regret it
happens all the time. I decided to never do it again because it's just not worth it. People often don't appreciate it and always want more.

>guy asks for ranch with his wings
>they assume it's free, I tell them it costs extra
>they have a hard time understanding this
>finally get out some ranch and say, "here you go. it normally costs extra, but you can just have it."
>says he wants three
>grumble and go back to the register and make him pay for all three

>> No.3833003

>>3832422
lol, that's awesome

>> No.3833013
File: 15 KB, 250x250, 1339311929240.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832447
you dummy head

>> No.3833025

>have overbearing, mildly insane mother
>insists i go out to dinner with her despite being moved out once a week
>cries if i dont, fml ill go
>all she does is bitch and moan to you people about the smallest shit
>i feel like shit for you people by being related to her
>why the fuck cant she just realize your fucking people not machines

Sorry bros. I feel awkward as fuck when this happens.

>> No.3833030

>>3832588
that's some spider man shit right there

>> No.3833032

>>3832942

The real problem is that microwaves can't be set to a specific temperature like he stated there.

>> No.3833056

>black couple comes in
>that alone is usually a bad sign
>Greet them, promptly seat then in a freshly cleaned booth and take their drink orders
>come back, bitch says that she can feel the dirt on the table and seats
>I'm not the one that does the cleaning, but the guy that does is do it is thorough
>wat
>apologize for whatever reason, reclean the table to shut them up
>bitch says "WHAT ABOUT THAT DIRT RIGHT THERE, AND THERE!?
>I seriously see fucking nothing contrasting against the bright color of the seat or anything else that could be considered dirt
>grabs cloth from my hand and proceeds to wipe away at absolutely nothing
>waiter walks up and deals with them, give good luck bro stare
>I know we're in for it
>we leave them unattended for 5 minutes
>one of our hostesses says "Wtf why didn't you clear that table!? Are you serious!?"
>Ask her wtf she is talking about
>Go back, there are suddenly used glasses and a plate on the table.
>they actually got the shit from the next table over from a couple who just left
>my manager actually comped them
>most of us ended up quitting days later

God damn I hate people

>> No.3833075

>working at a pretty nice bar and restaurant
>guy and girl walk in
>guy starts asking about "that old place" that used to be this restaurant
>well, we've been here for about a year and a half now, guess it closed down
>hmmm
>he starts lamenting the pale ales we have
>suggest the blue moon special on tap
>UGH THAT PISS?!?
>whatever, he orders some summerfest
>girl is just ordering water
>asks about the preparation of our lamb, where we get our salmon, how "fresh" is our beef, which is fine as it's all quality
>demands I go back and check with a cook because I said "...I think..."
>orders a roast beef sw with just lto, ok
>girl wants a chicken sandwich despite not being on the menu I talk with the chef and it's done
>bring them out
>he starts bitching there's no cheese or horse radish as on the menu
>"You said just the lettuce, onion, tomato"
>"Well obviously I want what was promised with it. I was just making sure those would be on it"
>"But...ok"
>bring out new one

>> No.3833085

>>3833075
Now none of this would bug me normally. Nothing about a customer annoys me except lack of tip after busting ass or walking out. I will pretty much do anything asked with a smile and not care at work.

>chef walks out to clock out as the other one was in
>sees couple and mentions "now don't send that back again"
>as no one looks anymore and I'm in the kitchen prepping a salad
>these fuckers walk out
>drink finished, food picked at, just gone and with a slammed door
>man fuck that ass

>> No.3833094

>>3832395
No, that's San Francisco

>> No.3833108

> Working at Tim Hortons during high school
> guy comes up
> "Hi, can I get a large coffee with 7 creams and 12 sugars?"
> wut
> "Yes, seven creams and twelve sugars."

It was the most disgusting coffee I had ever served.
And then I was bacon.

>> No.3833112

>>3833108
Why would he even bother getting coffee at that point?

>> No.3833117

>>3832413
>/pol/
>not /troll/

Everyone there bites on the most obvious troll bait.

>> No.3833157
File: 18 KB, 340x244, 100812-F-1178W-043.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>working in the deli
>woman passes by asks me where the milk is
>point and say at the end of the store in the corner there
>she says ok walks away
>15 minutes later
>she passes by again asking where the milk is
>its over there in the corner at the end of the store
>she rolls her eyes mumbling yeah ok I've already looked there

On my break

>walking to the front of the store to buy food listening to ipod
>woman stops me
>where is 'X' obscure food item
>I don't know mam I work in the deli
>looks at me like i'm retarded "you do work here"

This happened to me about 4 times before I started just telling the women I was on my break. I stayed inside an 8x8 square on one end of the store for 8 hours a day and they expect me to have the whole store memorized.

This was one of those large groceries with their own restaurant, premade food section, butchery, cheese/deli, fishery, sushi stand with authentic japanese lady and home delivery service for groceris.

>> No.3833191

>>3833157
Wegman's?

>> No.3833196

>>3831738
Either, it didn't say that it was no cheese on the order or you're too lazy/dumb to check the that the order is correct before leaving.

>> No.3833226

>worked at taco bell since I was 16
>hated my job and life
>applied around but economy was shit
>I turned 20 and the management has me running floor when their gone 70% of the time I'm there while refusing me promotion citing a lack of need
>3 buses of high teenagers come
>order is over $300
>orders are so larger they don't fit on the screen
>printer is out of paper so we can't get the orders manually
>we are now immediately shorthanded
> THERE IS NO BETTER TIME THAN NOW
>go to back office and I tell the manager on duty (who I hate the most by chance) thatI'm quitting right now
>he says fuck you you don't have the guts
> I get back on the line, MAKE A ME TACO, LIGHT A CIGARETTE, AND WALK THE FUCK OUT

>> No.3833250

>>3833226

>waste a 4 year reference to try and be a bad ass

terrible idea

>> No.3833253

>>3832381
Sup British Columbia?

>> No.3833255

>>3833250
>fast food reference
>worth anything

>> No.3833268

I dont like being served food. There's something unnecessary and embarrassing about it to me. Anyone else have that feel?

>> No.3833271

>>3832942
That whole post is retarded. He said Celsius for the first measurement - so why would he switch to Fahrenheit? Also, he set a microwave to 350 degrees.
Yeah.. I call b.s.

>> No.3833272

>>3833250
If you read the story, you can clearly tell they didn't give a fuck about him.

Even if they did, most large chains aren't allowed to provide references. At most, they're allowed to verify that you've worked for them for X number of years/months, but they can't say anything good or bad about you.

>> No.3833282

when i check references for fast food places i just check to make sure they worked there as long as they say they did. If you can survive a fast food place for more than 2 years ill give you a shot in my kitchen.

>> No.3833291

>>3833282
Those kind of people usually have high tolerance levels.

>> No.3833301

>>3832104
The people who claim not to be racist are the first ones to start crying "niggers". You're fucking pathetic, check your privilege.

>> No.3833316

>>3831971
I can't believe the driver actually gave you the twenty. I've got maybe 3 out of 12 drivers who'd actually do that where I work. I fucking hate our drivers mostly lazy, lying, thieving fucks - they're far worse than any customer I've dealt with.

>>3832251
Who the hell cares if it's your fault or not, they should just remake the damn thing and send it to you. Just keep record of people who call for remakes/mistakes to catch scammers, not that hard.
Where I work a LG pizza costs ~$2.40 to remake, compared to the loss of potential future orders it's nothing. (Though our system does keep track of how much they spend and how often they order, and that can be pulled up in less than 30 seconds, usually while the customer is complaining so it's not a shot in the dark. Obv. don't do a remake if they can't even tell you the #, name, or address..)

>> No.3833326

>>3832546
10.25 is ontario, canada

>> No.3833328

>>3830946
I don't understand why they would do this considering Pizza Hut never fully cooks their pizza anyway. I always have to finish it in my own oven.

>> No.3833337

>>3832627
If you're open 'til "x" time you should take new orders till that time. If you're not taking new orders, you're closed imho. I try not to go places close to their closing time anyway but I went to a Tropical Smoothie a few weeks back about 15minutes before close, for take-out and they had to check if they still had the oven on to serve me a Honey Ham & Swiss. I was just like... really? If your going to close your kitchen down before close you should list that. I can totally understand if your hours are listed to reflect that the kitchen closes at a certain time but your open for smoothies till another... but it's not.

30 minutes before close is bull.

>> No.3833360

>>3833157
I know those feels. I work at checkout, we have a different uniform to everyone else, and people still don't seem to realise it's not our job to know where everything in the shop is. Luckily, when I'm working there are always grocery boys around, I can always offload the customers onto them. Then again, I've had people ask me where something is, when it would be so much easier to ask the grocery boy who's standing two metres away.

>> No.3833410

>>3833360
I swear people go full retard inside of a grocery store. I used to also work checkout and I was rarely allowed off the register during every shift. Customers would get in line, realize they forgot something, then flip the fuck out if I couldn't rattle off exactly what aisle that item was in.

1) They should not stand in line and expect anyone to get them something they forgot and they shouldn't be allowed to run back and get it until after they finish their order
2) People who get stuck on checkout don't have to memorize the whole store for retarded customers

It's even worse if you work a semi-gourmet expensive store because those ones have a million different items that change location I swear every 2 weeks.

>> No.3833429

>>3831971 here again

I was workin at same pizza place. The owner/manager is a lazy super Mcfatty boombelatie squish pants peice of shit. For clarification hes 5'5" 542 lbs. Laziest person i have ever met. He regularly calls me out of the kitchen to refill his soda cup and he sits 7ft away from the machine.

>workin in the kitchen one night 3 families in the dining room
>Boss is "taking care" of the dining room
>have all the apps out ready to send the first set of enterees
>customer walks back into the kitchen "Can you please come do something about this?"
>motions me to follow
>cocksucking boss is sleeping inna chair in the back of the dining room
>snoring sounds like when someone exaggeratedly mocks snoring
>table who's order i was about to send had already walked out
>baby at one table crying hysterically and pointing at him
>want to just melt away with shame and embarrassment

>> No.3833435

I used to work at a local burger joint. A customer requested extra pickles so I used 6 instead of the usual 3. It got sent back, fat swine needed more pickles. I put on about 5 more. It got sent back, still not enough pickles for piggy. I angrily grab a baseball sized fistfull of pickles and smash them into the burger. Burger is now 6 inches tall and pickles are all over the plate. I guess fat bitch liked it, I didnt hear from her after that.

>> No.3833448

>>3833410
To be honest, I've never had anyone flip out at me. Most of the time, people are quite grateful, or slightly embarrassed if the location is really simple. For example, about a year ago we were having the floors polished or something, so the bulk food section was moved into the lobby area. I had a lady ask me if we stocked bulk food anymore. I pointed behind her and told her "It's right there, ma'am." and we both had a bit of a laugh about it

>> No.3833506

>always speak to servers like people
>remember names of people who service me regularly
>leave regular tips, good tips if I needed extra/special service
>one register girl gets a fancy haircut
>say "nice hair, by the way" as I sign the receipt
>she thanks me
>walking to bathroom later, hear her call me a creep etc.
>her coworkers tell her to fuck off, I'm nothing but nice

Hell yeah, mother fucker

>> No.3833509
File: 7 KB, 350x276, JetLi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm like a quiet and awkward Jackie Chan when I deal with "you people". I wann no trabble or cause a scene no matter how pissed I might be. I order/pay for what I want and go, usually saying thanks quietly and awkwardly. Something really terrible has to happen before I complain. Like the cashier flips out and tries to kung fu chop me. Then I whip out the chair.

>> No.3833531

>>3833506
you're own fault, you should know by now that if you're not handsome and you give a woman a compliment you are a creeper

>> No.3833533

>go out by myself for dinner
>waiter was hilarious
>check comes out to $264 something
>leave $500 tip
The end.

>> No.3833535

>>3833531
Well, looks like I'm never complimenting anyone ever again.

>> No.3833537

>>3833506
>>3833531
>>3833535

Ugly aka average looking guys and below are not supposed to compliment bitches. It's creepy. They have the stinky gash, they make the rules.

>> No.3833548
File: 207 KB, 460x691, 1335043625916.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833531

truth. also, if not wealthy. oh you have a boyfriend? let me guess he's in banking. how ever did I know.

inb4 bawwr9k

>> No.3833577
File: 155 KB, 439x454, awesome bobcat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3832867

>his face

>> No.3833587
File: 5 KB, 194x259, 1232144552.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3831561

That's pretty good.

>> No.3833590
File: 17 KB, 351x186, 1261008287397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Work at a country club restaurant
>Outside dinner for summer
>Night almost done only two tables left
>Bussing a table of 11 that just left
>Couple at table next to it are talking
>Turns out the wife is accusing her husband of cheating
>I have to take multiple trips to get all the stuff, everytime I come back convo gets worse
>Suddenly the lady asks "hey bus boy, if my husband refuses to tell me the name of the girl at his office that means I should be suspicious right?"
>mfw
>I just said "sorry mam, did you ask for more water?" and walked away
>took my 10 and when I came back they were gone

>> No.3833593

>>3833533

I live in a major city and I've been to a number of some of it's most critically acclaimed restaurants, and the bills are only ever that expensive with 4+ people and nice wine. Where the fuck were you eating at that dinner for one was over 250 dollars?

>> No.3833599

>>3833593
Inside his ass because that's where his story comes from.

>> No.3833645

I always see these threads and it makes me feel bad. From all you co/ck/s in food service, I know people fuck up and if something's not right ask for a correction, but what should I do to avoid being an asshole?

>> No.3833648

>>3833593
expensive liqour/wine you weird aspie.

>> No.3833657

I just don't get how people can be such assholes. It fucking blows my mind. I mean, none of this ever happens here. No angry negroes, no one complaining about everything is dirty, no fucking "comping" because the customer demands it, no shouting, no freaking "Let me see your manager" because people can't get fired over nothing..

And I really don't mean to sound like a dick, but the correct word to describe most of your customers is "entitlement". Or rather, a false sense of entitlement. Fuck, you guys are people too. Or is the american dream to shit on people who can't say anything back because they'll get fired?

>> No.3833661

>>3833657
I think that you just get the impression because people ITT are picking out the worst stories and posting them. Most of our shifts go fine without incident.

>> No.3833672

>>3831896
Thank you based mod

>> No.3833693

>>3832597
Please be joking or living in the middle of nowhere. My piece of shit ~250-300 sq ft apartment with original 1960s interior, no dishwasher, no garbage disposal, rarely have hot water, no insulation between units so everyone can hear everything is $1025 a month and that's VERY cheap here

>> No.3833703

>>3833693
The mortgage on my 100 year old 11 room house is less then that!

>> No.3833710

>>3833703

And how much do you have budgeted for repairs?

>> No.3833719

>>3831418

so THIS is the snooty bullshit waiters think about you behind your back

>> No.3833720

>>3833657
I agree with >>3833661
sure we get some WTFs pretty often, but the bad sucks aren't that often, at least in my experience.

>Work at pizza chain
>Carry out/delivery only
>Have signs posted on tills that say NO BILLS OVER 20.
>Guy comes in to pick up ONE pizza, total comes to $10.65.
>Tries to pay with $100 bill.
>"Sorry can't accept a $100, I'm sure the store a few doors down can break that for you."
>Dude immediately flips out slams his hands on the counter "I'm not going ANYWHERE ELSE, all I have is this bill and I demand you take it!"
>I open till, pull out drawer, place on counter. This is all the change I have, sir. (It was about $45 at that point, three $5 bills, a short stack of ones, maybe about $20 worth and change.) I cannot make correct change for your $100 bill. Unless you'd rather be short-changed about $30? We have signs posted for this reason."
>"I demand to speak to your manger."
>"I am the manager on duty, if you'd like to speak to my boss, here's his number. But if you'd like your order you're going to have to go break your $100 bill."
>Leaves in a huff, comes back. "This is such bullshit, you should keep enough change in your till to break any bill!" slams $20 on counter.
>Give $9.35 in change and pizza, thank him for comming.

Yeah sure buddy, we're gonna just keep several hundred in the till so we can loose that much more when we get robbed. No, I don't think so. After he called my boss the GM he still wasn't happy and got our DO's number. A week later we had 2 more larger signs about no bills larger than a $20.
Why do people even carry $100's?

>> No.3833743

>>3833720
>Why do people even carry $100's?
ALLOFMYWHY?.JPG.BMP.TIFF
-unless you are buying a used car, boat, auction. jeesuzz

>> No.3833748

>>3833720

Store robbery is so common in America that you can't even keep correct change in the store for fear of losing it at gunpoint on a regular basis? I feel worse and worse for you fucking people every day, jesus

>> No.3833752

>>3833703
The joys of being raised somewhere that costs way too fucking much when the economy sucks too much dick to leave my job and move.

Minimum wage is $8.00 too. Yeah, $8.00 when the shittiest apartments you can find (this was literally the cheapest place in town we could find, even cheaper, although in the same ballpark, as than the places in the bad part of town).

>> No.3833753

>>3833748
Yes but unlike the rest of the world, we have the second amendment which makes us free.

>> No.3833756

>>3833720
I work at a lottery kiosk, we get people coming in and buying $1 scratchcards obviously so they can break their $100s. I make sure to give them at least a $50 in their change. I'd be happy to change it for them if they just asked outright, we always have a ton of $20s.

>>3833748
Some places have a policy about how much you should keep in your till. Our shop has never had a hold up in over 25 years, but we still use it as a precaution.

>> No.3833760

>>3833748
It's not that common but it's still common enough that many businesses do this. All but 1 of the customer service jobs I've had employed this rule (only 1 actually wouldn't accept hundreds at all, the rest we just had to but it in the drop box just like $20s), the only exception was a locally owned small coffeeshop.

>> No.3833764

>>3833753
I lol'd.

>> No.3833765

>>3833753

>I'm free because the corporation that I work myself to death for for a sub-cost-of-living minimum wage allows me to carry a gun so that when someone comes in the shop and shoots me to death for a hundred dollars, I can shoot back and miss and kill a few bystanders too!

>> No.3833786

>>3833720 here.
>>3833760
This.
In the 3 years I've worked there we haven't been robbed, and as far as I know of our location hasn't been robbed since our previous GM took over there 6 years ago - don't know anything about before that though.
The rule didn't used to be so strict, but we've had 3 counterfeit $100 bills come through in the last 8 months.
Though if you do order close to $100 or more than in food I'll make change as opposed to loosing a sale, but I'll still ask if you can break it first because of counterfeiting and I have to call my DO and ask if it's alright to take it.
So we're not getting "robbed at gunpoint" but still getting robbed. Smaller bills mean less loss, besides our average ticket price is $15.00. A $20 bill covers that fine.

>> No.3833791
File: 65 KB, 362x403, fuck_yeah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833765
The American dream right there, baby

>> No.3833793

>>3833743
It's terribly difficult to ask for nothing larger than a 20 when getting your cash at the bank... it's so hard.

>> No.3833809
File: 2.44 MB, 1347x1417, Smoker_Pipe[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833693

> mfw I live in a 2 story house with 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a small bar, a 'library' study, and an outdoor gallery on the second floor for $900 a month.
> mfw you're getting robbed.

On topic, the only restaurant experience is as a cook at an italian pizza shop for a few months after college. I was good at it, I got along with the pothead/metalhead boss, and mostly things went well enough.

Not about bad customers, just odd:

> Get a call in for a "cheese and veggie" sub, hold the cheese.
> Could've just said veggie, but whatever.
> Next ticket is a call in for cheesesteak sub, no cheese.
> Think to self, "Goddamn, this rain is making people weird on cheese or something today.
> Immediately get another ticket:
> 'Nacho cheesesteak' sub...a toasted sub almost never ordered that uses weird nacho cheese instead of fresh sliced cheese.
> NO CHEESE.
> Holler out to noone in particulae"What the FUCK is with people and no cheese today? Why the fuck would you order a 'specialty' cheese sub and ask for no cheese!
> Kitchen window overlooks register.
> Customer is right there
> Boss asks "What's up?" with a grin, customer laughs
> mfw I smoke a joint with the boss after the lunch rush.

>> No.3833817
File: 35 KB, 407x742, laughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833809

>mfw you get the house that cheap because you live in some podunk shithole in the middle-of-nowhere
>mfw I'm flying over your entire state on the way to places where anything relevant happens

>> No.3833825

>>3833809
smokin tweeds blowin it up the exhaust fan...
Good feels bro...

>> No.3833827

>>3833817
I just have to say that you sound like you're trying really, really hard to convince yourself of that right now.

>> No.3833836
File: 27 KB, 388x384, cry some more bitch nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833817
>desperately trying to justify paying out the ass for a shithole apartment by gloating about how you don't "live in the middle of nowhere"

>> No.3833850

>>3833836
>scared by the realization that his $900 a month house isn't worth shit when it means he's stuck in a town of <20,000 people where his cuisine options are limited to "mcdonalds" and "that sub-Olive-Garden-tier italian restaurant down the road where the garlic bread is made with Bunny Whole Grain White"

>> No.3833858

>>3833850
>Hipster detected and confirmed

i know what city you live in

portland, oregon

>> No.3833861

>>3833850
Not that guy (or anyone else for that matter), but paying for an overpriced shithole just to be in "the city" is pretty retarded.

I live outside of a city of 1,000,000. It takes me 25 minutes to drive to work. I live on 5.5 acres, have a 3 bedroom house, have chickens, a couple turkeys, a goat, a huge garden, 4 acres of forest, and a pond.

I'm 27 too.

>> No.3833871
File: 32 KB, 323x323, oh you_han.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833850
You honestly think living in an overpriced crowded as fuck dirty city is better than paying less for living slightly out of the way? You really are a try-hard, and you're not fooling anybody.

>> No.3833872

>>3833861
>implying you can "own" land

>> No.3833880

>>3833872
...um, okay?

>> No.3833882

>>3833861
Oh god, it's one of you "HURR LEWK AT HOW MUCH SHIT I GOT" attention whores.

Moot needs to sweep through here and range ban you cunts.

inb4 u jelly lol ecks dee

>> No.3833897
File: 15 KB, 200x201, 195782_128224717258821_134325_n[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833850
>>3833809

> nope.org
> Live in a town of 60,000+
> Get awesome creole cuisine.
> Daily commute is through beautiful country to work with millions of dollars of timberland
> Not a single fuck is given

Enjoy your sticky cities, rampant crime, and sub-par lives.

>> No.3833913

>Be God
>Be able to create my own planets with whatever populace I desire, even people consisting entirely of dicks and vaginas
>Eat filet Mignon that I created myself every day

how are you guys NOT jelly?

deity master race reporting in.

>> No.3833935
File: 94 KB, 500x750, murica-guns-2399e9d2-sz500x750-animate[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833872
>>3833872
>>3833872

Oh LAWDY did I lol. If my deed, bank statements, or sellers receipt don't prove to you I own my land, my rifle surely will.

>> No.3833950

>>3831543
This. And I hate it when I eat out with friends/womens/coworkers/whatever who are less than 100% polite to a waiter/waitress. Makes me not want to be friends/fuck/work with them ever again.

>> No.3833960

>>3833850
Fuck off. Live in city of less than 30K, international options and local dishes I can't find in NYC/PDX/Austin/etc.

>> No.3833998

>>3833882
You are most definitely jelly.

>> No.3834013

>>3833882

>MOOT SHOULD BAN ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WITH MORE STUFF THAN ME.

Jelly of someone who's got more and was smart enough to pay less for it? Enjoy your grand a month shit hole that you justify paying for because it's in the city next to your favorite crack alley. Fucking hipster.

>> No.3834021
File: 99 KB, 615x517, 1320492874303.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3833998
>>3834013

>> No.3834103

>>3833809
>"mfw you're getting robbed"

Yes, but that's just how much it costs to live here and finding a job is unreliable so moving isn't a realistic option.

>> No.3834284

>working at a Thai/Chinese restaurant
>cook/dishwasher/server/busser
>place is tiny, seats only 36
>mother of six, yes SIX, comes in and wants a table
>every child is 5 or younger
>two booster seats, three high chairs barely cover the needs
>screaming, yelling, whining ensues
>mom orders for herself (Phad Thai) and wants just rice and plain chicken for her kids
>bring the order out to her and notice one of her children is standing on the booster seat with fluid leaking through his shorts
>mom is on her cellphone
>Me: "Ahem!"
>Her: "Hmm, oh... go to the bathroom!" <goes back to her cellphone>

It took thirty minutes to clean and disinfect the table, chairs and floor where she sat. She didn't apologize for anything, she didn't try to clean anything up. She let her children, did I mention she had SIX?, run around and cry and scream and make a gigantic mess. The little bastards disturbed all the guests around them and she just sat there with a fork in one hand and her face buried in an iphone. Fucking mother of the year material right there. I did what any professional would do, I smiled politely and was very patient, thanked her for her business, etc. Seriously though, rage of a thousand fucking suns at that stupid cunt and her misbehaved future criminals. I wouldn't even wish that travelling circus on a Chuck E Cheese.

>> No.3834614

>>3834284

Fucking breeders, I tell you. It should be legal to sterilize people like that with whatever tool comes to hand.

Restaurants seriously need a "Family Section" like the old smoking sections. Keep that shit locked down.