[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 415 KB, 760x570, radegast_biergarten_bratwurst_fries_and_sauerkraut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3806409 No.3806409[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi /ck/,
Anyone have a good bratwurst & sauerkraut recipe? Ive tried a couple of times and it always comes out plain and unmemorable, nothing like the incredible flavor of the first time I tried it at my friends recently deceased grandmas house. How does /ck/ enjoy their bratwurst?

>> No.3806414

I buy some italian sausage instead.

Brown mustard and hot peppers on a toasted bun. Keep your sauerkraut.

>> No.3806776
File: 19 KB, 200x333, 71078_47380998386_2641543_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cook in beer for a while then finish on the grill

Serve with sauerkraut and/or onion that was cooking in the same beer.

Use brown mustard or this glorious mustard and make sure to serve on a brat bun, not a little hot dog bun

>> No.3806813

Roast on a log fire, serve in a white bread roll with mustard and sauerkraut on the side separately, and with your beer in your pint.

Filthy americlap shitheels insisting on beer-boiled sausage failure should report to the juden collection center.

>> No.3806819

I prefer soya-sausage

>> No.3806842

>>3806813
>dat feel when Euros took all of their best culture with them when coming to america

>> No.3806880

why the fuck would you boil them first
I'm from bavaria, the fucking sausage goes right on the grill until brown outside.
chop a bit of onion, and slightly brown it in some oil (you dont have to, I like it that way).
then get your selfmade or bought sauerkraut add it to the onions, stir, add some honey but not too much. you can add some peppercorns while preparing the kraut, too.
then prepare some mashed perderders with butter and a bit of milk (I dont peel the potatoes, because I know the farmer where I buy them, and they're superior to every super market potatoes).
serve with some mustard of your choice but don't fucking drown the sausage in it, when you dip. you will only taste mustard.
don't boil the shit in beer, you sould rather drink that stuff (unless it's beer from a major american company, then throw it away and drown yourself)

>> No.3806890

dice up an apple and an onion put them in a skillet with a little bit of butter, let them cook for a few minutes, add in sauerkraut and cook til there isn't much kraut juice, add black pepper to taste.
the brats boil in beer and grill serve in a brat bun

>> No.3806902

depending how much of a cook your friend's grandmother was, she might have made her own sauerkraut. There is a world of difference between natural fermented sauerkraut and the quick pickled sauerkraut you find at the grocery store.

That could be where the disconnect is happening.