[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 138 KB, 339x319, 1341894896865.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3729737 No.3729737 [Reply] [Original]

i made brownies, right? so at the last minute i was inspired to pour a thin layer of cocoa pebbles on top before i bake them.

lemme just say that it was a game changing idea. cuz dem shits is good

does /ck/ have any other tricks like this?

>> No.3729745

"Tricks"? That's what cooking is. Combining ingredients in pleasing ways.

>> No.3729748

RECIPE FOR MY MOM'S SECRET SAUCE:

1 CUP MAYO (HELLMAN'S)
1 CUP KETCHUP (HEINZ)

MIX THOROUGHLY AND SERVE

>> No.3731239

If you have extra chocolate-related (can be straight up chocolate or stuff like Snickers) or caramel candy lying around, chop it up and use it in cookies instead of chocolate chips.

Toblerone chip cookies are fucking god-tier. As are ones made with chocolate-covered fruit jelly.

>> No.3731248

FULLY SICK CELERY TRICK:
CELERY WITH PEANUT BUTTER IS OLD AND BUSTED,
KICK IT UP A NOTCH WITH RAISINS MOTHERFUCKER!

>> No.3731251

in any dessert, the main part is fine, but tweaking turns 1 brownie recipe into like 20.

for example. Your cocoa pebble covered brownies? add mint extract. or orange extract. or top with fresh berries. or add preferred nuts to the batter. or try fruity pebbles.

in the kitchen, you learn by experimentation. You should be able to, without too much experience, learn what broadly goes with what but as long as you still rely on recipes, you aren't really cooking, the same way tracing lines over comic books isn't really drawing. It can help you learn, but it isn't there.

>> No.3731253

Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It's cuz you make them out of stupid water you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes 'n put that in your milk!