[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 35 KB, 474x316, tacopizza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16843632 No.16843632 [Reply] [Original]

Taco pizza
How would you make it?
The basics are obvious, lettuce tomato black olive etc etc.

Im trying to decide on a taco seasoning for the ground beef (home made or pre made), and a sufficiently matching "taco sauce" which would work well as a replacement for the standard pizza sauce.

Ive got some standard pizza dough rising right now, so its not going to be any weird tortilla crust or anything like that.
Honestly half of the recipes ive seen look like fucking disasters.

>> No.16843651

>>16843632
I knew a guy years ago in my hometown who did a raging business in taco pizzas, maybe 25% of total orders. He lived across the street from some of my family, and I, being in food myself, asked him about it. He basically said:

>You’re looking for a 25-30% deviation from a normal pizza, maximum
>You still need tomato sauce, just less
>You need taco meat under the cheese but ditch the Italian cheeses except mozzerella, adding cheddar or jack
>You need a crisper crust (oil) and slightly thinner
>You need things to go on top AFTER it cools a bit or you will fuck your lettuce and pico style salsa (which cannot be wet)
>You need some type of sour cream thing that isn’t sour cream, like some basic bitch hot sauce mixed into sour cream

That’s it. This guy retired early by figuring this out.

>> No.16843671

>>16843651
what a weird thing to lie about

i like refried beans and enchilada sauce on mine as the base

>> No.16843672

The pizza place near me uses refried beans, ground beef, and mozzarella cheese, topped with tomato, onion, lettuce, jalapeno and black olive.
They used to use cheddar cheese and put nacho chips on the top but changed it with the new owner.

>> No.16843710

>>16843671
>sharing hometown tips is lying
I swear they beta test shills on /ck/ before being deployed to /pol/. Not everyone wants heavy refried beans on pizza, faggot, or enchilada sauce, which has nothing to do with either pizza or tacos, be them Mex style or American style.

>> No.16845233

>>16843632
Try Big Mac pizza next

>> No.16845486
File: 100 KB, 590x590, e55aa3a909b56a5324a570660946ae01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

refried beans instead of sauce
ground beef in taco seasoning mix
mozzarella
bake
then iceberg lettuce and diced tomato
then crushed Taco flavored doritos
drizzled with Mild generic (think Ortega) taco sauce
delicious.

>> No.16845757

>>16843632
Okay here my recipe anon

>tostitos mild salsa
>ground beef
>sour cream
>mexican 3 cheese
>dough (obviously)
>black olives
>onions
>lettuce
>cheese doritos

Kneed the dough
Spread out the salsa as you would tomato sauce
Sprinkle on the 3 cheese mexican shredded
Brown out the ground beef and saute
the onion
Add onion and and beef
Throw it in the oven
Start chopping lettuce
Then crush up a bag of cheese doritos
When pizza is cooked, add the lettuce and doritos
Put the sour cream to the side for dipping

Normally id like to put it on the pizza but theres so much that goes wrong with spreading and becoming reduced unless you add cream cheese and that a bitch to do

>> No.16845779

>>16843671
Back when I worked in a pizza kitchen, we used refried beans blended with a spicier tomato sauce to thin it out, and it was great.

Using a straight tomato sauce on a taco or texmex pizza seems weird to me.