[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 103 KB, 1200x1200, gettyimages-1148433914.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.16822793 [Reply] [Original]

have any of the kitchen nightmares restaurants that gordon helped, remained open to this day? why do so many of them revert to their old ways?

>> No.16823043

we are resistant to change

>> No.16823223

>>16822793
You can't fix bad habits and bad management in a week and most places are too deep in the hole to save anyway.
And there are the ones that were already planning on selling before they ever go on the show.

>> No.16823236

>>16822793
Marco is better than Gordon in HK

>> No.16823247
File: 457 KB, 1200x675, 10-of-the-laziest-people-from-gordon-ramsays-kitchen-nightmares-second-edition.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>16822793
Like >>16823223 says they have deeper seated problems.

>> No.16823275

Hate the fake reactions they always have when they show the makeover results. sure some of them are a major improvement, but sometimes it's a new wallpaper and a slight change of decor and these people start crying of happiness. So dishonest

>> No.16823314

>>16823275
when you're 100k in the whole, anything free feels magic

>> No.16823333

>>16822793
The brothers capri, which is also one if the best episodes in the series

>> No.16823346

>>16823247
>>16823223
It usually doesn't matter of they fix everything or not because the increased popularity from Gordon being there always immediately dissipates and the restaurants need a higher volume of customer than their location can provide.

>> No.16823352
File: 2.48 MB, 350x386, gr.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.16823379

Nope. All those places are in the hole for a reason. Being on a shitty reality show is going to attract customers for a while, but a bad restaurant is a bad restaurant, and it's only exacerbated when your customers are only there because they want to shit on you.

>> No.16823384

>>16823275
Those are Americans. Watch the UK version, no crying.

>> No.16823405

They'd be better off having a financial advisor tell them to sell immediately rather than Gordon trying to fix it. It's probably just debt that makes their situations impossible

>> No.16823409

>>16823275
Some of them got tens of thousands of dollars of equipment installed in the kitchen for free.

>> No.16823412

>>16823247
this guy was a total nutjob kept afloat by his sugar mamma hollywood wife

>> No.16823450

Gordon Ramsay once prepared a burger made entirely from human foreskins. As he explained in a 2002 radio interview, “we had some skin, it was on the grill, we took off the skin and put it on a hamburger.” A hamburger that he cooked on Good Morning America. That story has been making the rounds of late, because this month marks the tenth anniversary of the airing of that burger-in-a-can clip. Ramsay has apologized for his actions, which were captured in a documentary by British filmmaker Sean Stone in the film Human Remains. He even issued a formal apology via his PR agency.

To commemorate the ten years, Eater reached out to Stone to get a perspective on the situation. “The truth is, the human foreskin is one of my favourite burgers I’ve ever seen. There’s nothing better than watching Ramsay chop and change one thing into another,” Stone explained. “It was a prank, but he did seem to like the idea and I was told he used human flesh on a number of occasions. The foreskins were from the only source that he could get in the UK at the time.”

In the documentary, which has been posted to Netflix, Stone, who says he is no vegetarian, asks Ramsay why he eats such strange ingredients. To which Ramsay replies, “This is my world. This is my country.” Stone asks if this world and country includes eating people. Ramsay responds that the foreskins were on a “burger grill,” which Stone then describes as “an oven with an exhaust.” While Ramsay initially said he’d never consider cooking a child, during a segment with celebrity chef Nigella Lawson, she reveals that he made one. “He cooked a kid once,” Lawson says. “He liked the kid’s feet best.” When Stone asked Ramsay to confirm that story, the chef responds, “That sounds good. It’s not true. It’s not my thing.”

>> No.16823551

>>16823352
bottom burger is still better constructed and doesn't look disgusting
burger on top your first bite is going to be 90% meat
hate you faggot retards who keep sharing this webm thinking you're achieving something other than making yourself look stupid

>> No.16823588

>>16823247
This guy has a really interesting post KN story, he closed the restaurant in 2008 and moved back to Boston and had a single acting part in 2013. He now runs a tree removal business and tells no one he used to own a restaurant, live in California, or was on KN.

>> No.16823593

>>16822793
From follow ups it looks like about 1/3 survive, which is the average for restaurants across the board. I think he rescues the actually viable businesses and gives the rest a year of publicity that delays the inevitable.

>> No.16823661

>>16822793
Because it's a reality TV show and therefore Fake and Gay.

>> No.16825353

>>16822793
A lot of them close. Most problems are psychological in origin. This is well known when talking about, say, personal finance or weight-loss, but it applies to many other things, including owning a business. If you're not in a mental state conducive to running a business well, you're inevitably going to start declining as issues pop up and you mishandle them. What Ramsay does is bully everyone into behaving, setting things straight, and basically buying them a new restaurant. But if someone who doesn't know what they're doing buys out a restaurant, they can still run it into the ground. It's no different.

>> No.16825368

>>16823551
go to bed gordon

>> No.16825568

>>16823588
I have never mentioned my new restaurant, which opens in November 2021, in my blog. This is partly because I’ve been in Boston for almost a decade, and partly because I would need to shut down everything I’m working on for a while. It’s been a great year, and I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed being an actor for a change. I never really expected to do another thing. I was in a play last spring, a wonderful one-man show called The Great Depression. I was able to enjoy those rehearsals and performances, and even take some vacation days, and really learn a lot about writing and performing.

However, when I went back to school to become a teacher, that work consumed me. It’s been a lot of fun, but I don’t know that I would be able to do it for the rest of my life.

I’m now a resident artist for Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. It’s been great to be able to share what I love with students who are at a crossroads in their lives. I got to teach a full load of acting, directing, and writing, and even help some students figure out how to balance all of that with their day jobs. But most of all, I’m proud of all the students I was able to help.

This semester, I have two projects coming up: one is in performance, and the other is in the theater. I’ll be working on a production of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard with six other actors and set designers. I’ll be working at the same time as writing the play. I can’t wait to start on it

>> No.16825593

>>16823352
Imagine not being able to tell the difference.

>> No.16825793

>>16825568
Link to this?

>> No.16826426

>>16822793
I think Lido di Manhattan is still open. The one with the college girl whose dad bought her a restaurant, then she cried in the bathroom when GR yelled at her.

>> No.16826586

>>16823314
In the whole what?

>> No.16826635

https://www.kitchennightmaresupdates.com/?m=1
Here you go frens. This site has all the updates from the restaurants on KN

>> No.16827512

>>16822793

Most restaurants don't stay open. If they're failing, that's double the shit you have to deal with. I don't love gordon, but i watched a lot of the US series and he even does revisits, or he explains that he couldn't do a revisit because the place failed.