[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 77 KB, 610x501, Cross-promoting-center-store-items-with-produce-could-boost-sales_wrbm_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16494841 No.16494841 [Reply] [Original]

Im about to start losing some weight, and trying to find a decent vegan mealplan that works with a budget and is simple enough for retard (me) to cook. Google is full of fancy hipster shit. Any tips, or at least, where do I look?

>> No.16494852

>>16494841
25 slices of bread per day

>> No.16494880

I guess you could make lots of sloppa with caramelised onions, potato and meat alternatives, topped with a slice of bbread is great.

>> No.16494897

>>16494841
Go vegetarian instead, much easier

>> No.16494905

go vegan for personal or ethical reasons, not to lose weight. you can lose weight just fine eating meat, but like any diet it might not be what you want to eat. avoid processed foods, eliminate refined sugars and grains, control potion sizes. increase physical activity. barring some weird medical condition that's all it takes.

>> No.16494931

Your best bet is to eat a wide variety of things and ensure you get all your nutritional values met. Iron and calcium is normally an issue, as they're abundant in meat products but not so much veg. You should pick fortified 'milks' and maybe look into getting supplements if you're a lazy cook. I normally switch a carb base (potato, rice, noodles) with greens (spinach, kale, broccoli, bok choy) and add some sort of 'meaty' component like tofu, eggplant, beans, lentils, tempeh etc. Then vary the seasonings/sauces. I suggest starting out slow though, maybe eating meat once or twice a week will help you stick to it better than going in cold turkey. Its hard- took me a couple of years to switch to a vegetarian then vegan diet. And I still eat meat if I go out with friends because I don't want to be that person that forces everyone to have to go somewhere different to meet my dietary needs.

>> No.16494949

Beans and rice. oats. Carrots and hummus.
Smoothies with 1/3 vegetables and 2/3 fruit or berries.

>> No.16494953

You can add supplements to smoothies like pea protein powder maca powder cocoa powder I add athletic Greens but they are super expensive.
Being vegan can be cheaper if you do your own cooking but if you eat out it can be super expensive. The happy cow app is great for finding vegan food eating out around the world.

>> No.16494957

Make sure to get regular blood tests especially if you are in a country like Australia where you can get them for free because if you don't eat enough Greens you can become iron deficient. It's hard to get enough B12 from a vegan diet so I recommend taking a supplement just in case

>> No.16494958

Mushrooms and yeast flakes a good ways to get some B12 by the way

>> No.16494959

This is not cooking advice but remember to get enough sleep and exercise diet is only one part of the puzzle good luck and stay healthy

>> No.16494964
File: 2.83 MB, 300x300, 3 Hacks To Make Tofu Taste Better.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16494841

>> No.16495023

>>16494841
>Any tips,
Yeah, don't try a diet that's abnormally different from your normal diet if your goal is to lose weight. Eat what you like, but eat less of it. Measure what you eat. Knowing how much you're eating is half the battle.

>> No.16495064

>>16494841
You can look at Indian food. A lot of it is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by just substituting the dairy products. It's not too complicated to make if you buy premixed spice blends and most of it tastes amazing. Make sure you include some healthy sources of fat like peanut butter, avocado, nuts, sesame paste, etc. since plant foods are usually low in calories. One reason a lot of people give up on vegan diets is probably that they're just not getting enough calories so you need that fat.

But veganism is hard to keep up long-term not just because it's a strict diet but because it's also low or missing in essential nutrients. Just giving up junk food is a good way to lose weight that will help long-term no matter what diet you're on, since a lot of junk food is vegan too.

>> No.16495600

>>16494841
If you wanna lose weight eat whatever you want and just track your caloiries.
I became borderline obese when I tried to abstain from animal products

>> No.16495609

Like most vegans you will end up eating bread all the time

>> No.16496065

>>16494841
Look at a whole foods plant based diet. The Daily Dozen app is a good start, but basically, be sure that all of your main meals contain legumes and dark leafy greens. Drink water.