[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 98 KB, 612x491, 1606860377424.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16313536 No.16313536[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

hello frens of /ck/!
i would like to know how to cook, i mean all the steps, most importantly cleaning,

>> No.16313538

>>16313536
low quality underage horseshit

>> No.16313539

>>16313538
i just d-don't know anon, im not a woman

>> No.16313560

>>16313536
If you think cooking is super complex then you need to turn off the food network or stop watching those zoomer-bait social media personalities. I know people who have been cooking for decades that still can’t get a brisket correct but could make you a delicious pasta sauce black out drunk handcuffed to a blindfold over their eyes.

For a beginner, think of meals as being a combination of protein, vegetables, and starches. Chicken, more specifically chicken breast, is probably the easiest protein to start with. The easiest starch is probably rice, maybe potatoes. Vegetables are almost brainless considering there are plenty of canned or frozen vegetable products to work with.

Start by getting good at preparing those basics, ie not over or undercooking your chicken breast. Once you have the basics down you can start exploring what kind of spices and recipes work well with one another. You might find that a blackened protein compliments a sweet fruity salad, or that a sloppy artichoke chicken dish almost requires a nice bed of rice under it.

Cooking is mostly about getting a feel for how the dish or meal comes together, don’t expect to be so rigid when you look up recipes. The exception is baking. Baking requires a very specific ratio of ingredients and a simple misstep, such as using cold water instead of hot water, can ruin your whole batch. Don’t dive into the deep end without swimming lessons though, you won’t make a brand new delicious sauce by just dumping whatever is in your cabinet into your first attempt.

>> No.16313570

>>16313536
Take one recipe from some large cooking/recipe site which seems pretty easy and you think you would like. Then follow it EXACTLY. It's probably going to be at least fine. Next time take a different recipe and follow it exactly. Taste the spices too. Then after easier recipes move on to "harder" ones and do as they say. After learning the tastes of different spices and ingredients you can start adding some stuff yourself or taking stuff out. Tuning the taste and making new kind of recipes yourself. The combinations are literally limitless.

>> No.16313577

>>16313536
1 use butter
2 season with salt and pepper like a Chad
3 medium to medium-high. every other temp is a joke
4 some things you have to cook in oil, not butter
5 don't overcook

that's it basically