[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 246 KB, 731x860, 1570654587510.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16097689 No.16097689[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've never been to one due to social anxiety, and often rely on apps, but I'd like to do it like the big boys. This is not a joke or troll.

>> No.16097699

You tell them what food you want by making sonic vibrations with your vocal chords
There's a bit of a knack to it but you'll pick it right up

>> No.16097702

>>16097689
Zoomer?

>> No.16097706

there's probably videos of people going through drive throughs on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmAsqtGRmk
is a good starting point for the novice.

>> No.16097708

>>16097689
It helps if you rehearse before hand. And keep it simple. Even if you don't like pickles, you do now. And if it goes bad, you can always never go back to that specific drive thru. Good luck champ.

>> No.16097714

>>16097689
Definitely unload your bowels before venturing out into the population and conversing with people. Involuntary shitting yourself is no joke.

>> No.16097733

>>16097714
Not to mention the sexual tension.
In case you meet the love of your life at the drive thru window, make sure you are wearing a condom to prevent a sticky mess.

>> No.16097748 [DELETED] 

>>16097689
>went to a drive-thru with a friend (I was in the passenger seat) when we visited the US.
>late at night, so quite dim.
>We hear the drive-thru person asking us to place an order.
>Friend sticks his head out the window to communicate what we want (I'm on my phone)
>the drive-thru person keeps interrupting and talking over him while he's trying to place order
>she gets everything wrong
>friend gets more and more annoyed by her incompetence, raising his voice, being interrupted, and thinking she's messing the entire order up (we're ESLs, so it's a bit embarrassing and disheartening when you can't communicate very basic things like an order)
>suddenly he falls silent
>he suddenly realizes he's talking into a large trash can
At this point -- realizing what an idiot he is, not noticing someone else has been placing an order in the car in front of us, talking into a trash can, and quite possibly making the person in the car behind us shit themselves with laughter - I start laughing like I've never laughed before. I think I must have laughed hysterically for about 30 minutes before I regained my composure.
That was single-handedly the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. That might sound sad, but the embarrassment he felt was just so incredibly amazing to witness (and I know I would've died on the spot had it been me).

>> No.16097787

>went to a drive-thru with a friend (I was in the passenger seat) when we visited the US.
>late at night, so quite dim.
>We hear the drive-thru person asking us to place an order.
>Friend sticks his head out the window to communicate what we want (I'm on my phone)
>the drive-thru person keeps interrupting and talking over him while he's trying to place order
>she gets everything wrong
>friend gets more and more annoyed by her incompetence, raising his voice, being interrupted, and thinking she's messing the entire order up (we're ESLs, so it's a bit embarrassing and disheartening when you can't communicate very basic things like an order)
>suddenly he falls silent
>realizes he's talking into a large trash can
At this point -- realizing what an idiot he is, not noticing someone else has been placing an order in the car in front of us, talking into a trash can, and quite possibly making the person in the car behind us shit themselves with laughter - I start laughing like I've never laughed before. I think I must have laughed hysterically for about 30 minutes before I regained my composure.
That was single-handedly the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. That might sound sad, but the embarrassment he felt was just so incredibly amazing to witness (and I know I would've died on the spot had it been me).

So OP, just avoid doing that.

>> No.16097798

God I fucking hate zoomers

>> No.16097923

>>16097689
Only go to a drive-thru for a restaurant where you're familiar with the menu. The menu at the speaker box can be used as a quick reference, but you should be able to place an order mostly by memory so you don't block up the line studying the menu.
Be decisive. Know all or most of your order before you're at the speaker so you can confidently place the order without stopping to think too long.
Only order items that you don't want to customize or modify. Customizations get fucked up often because the speakers are not as good as ordering face to face, so just remove that wrinkle by only ordering things that you like as-is.

>> No.16097927

>>16097689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeX05Onq-9U

This video is pure joy.

>> No.16097928

>>16097798
Self hate is unhealthy anon

>> No.16099170

>>16097689
Never been to a drive thru because of being a sissy pants.

Well you fucking deserve to starve then.

>> No.16099189

>>16097927
This guy has more style, panache and general manliness than the zoomers here who will try to imitate him, and he's 91.

>> No.16099223

>>16097689
"Hey, yeah. Pay attention because I'm not gonna repeat myself. Ok?
Give me one egg McMuffin combo, I want the McMuffin with extra cheese and an extra sausage patty, for my drink I will take a medium Coca Cola and for my side I will have the medium fries. Make the Coca Cola with no ice and make the fries unsalted, that's no salt. That's my order and I won't be repeating it."
Then I close my window and drive forward. If they get it wrong I scream at them to do it over until they get it right. To be honest I don't like being like this, but I need some kind of outlet.

>> No.16100670

>>16099189
Absolutely.