[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 643 KB, 1022x731, It's_All_So_Tiresome.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16004851 No.16004851 [Reply] [Original]

I've graduated from university with a Computer Science degree last year and I've developed what could be called an addiction, or at the very least preference for cheap nutritious meals. Due to my autism, any deviations from an established diet upset me greatly so I more or less ate 1 dish twice a day and took a multivitamin to compensate for the lack of certain essential nutrients. Every single day I would eat a toasted devon sandwich, which consisted of 2 slices of wholemeal bread (cheaper than white bread here), a single 1cm thick slice of devon, 1 slice of processed cheese, and a little bit of iceberg lettuce. I would wash this down with some orange juice, or if I could find it, grapefruit juice. This has kept me alive and in shape, since I would eat this for lunch and dinner (skipped breakfast to save money) and I lost weight since it was only 1000 calories total. To put my weight loss in perspective, I am 179cm tall (would have been taller were it not for scoliosis), and starting university, I didn't do exercise and was on the low end of obese at 100kg. I still did not exercise throughout the university, but the caloric deficit brought me down to 70kg which is the lightest I've been in a decade.

Anyway, I'm looking to change and diversify my diet, but trying new food is hard since my autistic brain forces me to stick to one food. Can I break out of this rut, or am I going to be eating this sandwich until I die of old age?

Make fun of me if you must, but I feel like I'm the patient in my strange addiction, but instead of eating unhealthy cheeseburgers or cheesy potatoes, it is sandwiches.

>> No.16004958

don't delude yourself, living off of baloney sandwiches is far from healthy.

>> No.16004985

>>16004851
Stop being a slave to your autism and just eat other foods.

>Due to my autism, any deviations from an established diet upset me greatly
Get over it or get used to bologna sandwiches and fruit juice for the rest of your life.