[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 39 KB, 480x360, p2B8VeYQILAHOFDmUck9mnLCbSmFUiLEX2EAERrlhSA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15878438 No.15878438[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

should i try this /ck/? I have gastrointestinal problems myself. upper gerd and the like

>> No.15878445
File: 9 KB, 220x220, 1578171290541.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>switch to meat only diet
>nearly die in a coma and emerge as a shell of your former self

>> No.15878466

>>15878445
oh, when you put it like that....

however, he got into a coma because of the anti-depressant he was perscribed

>> No.15878468

oh no gerd poor baby life's so hard :(

>> No.15878472

>>15878438
seriously look into the GAPS diet, even the 30 day protocol. It's got the same premise of carnivore and probably works for the same reasons - reducing bad bacteria and their exotoxins (the literal shit produced from bacteria) and replacing them with good probiotic bacteria that produce good things from the food you eat instead.

>> No.15878481

I'd probably try and find a more credible exponent of the meat only diet than peterson. He's not the sharpest tool in the box

>> No.15878485

>>15878438
Look into the carnivore diet and consider how much you're willing to eat organ meat. I'd just try keto/low-carb first and see if that helps.

>> No.15878497

>>15878438
>gastrointestinal problems
>cutting fiber
I love meat too but don't be a retard.

>> No.15878513

>>15878438
You're not going to follow up on this, because you're too lazy and don't actively seek to better yourself.
What the fuck do you want this board to tell you? It might work? Yes you fuckhead, it may work if you have an autoimmune disorder, or it may work regardless.
The fuck are you expecting? If you really want to change the way you feel, you are going to do something different, instead of talking about it.

>> No.15878560

>>15878438
i had never once listened to jordan petereson up until about 4 months ago. i had always thought the ideas that my libtard freinds were portraying of him were over epmphasized. but the one and only lecture i have ever listened to him on, he completely devolved from praising the esoteric ideas of god of Pythagoras to mocking the idea of a personal ideal consistent with physics in Sarte. I don't believe Jordn Peterson is consistent in almost any of his beliefs, otherwise he would see how his basic beliefs coinide with existentialism, which is for some reason the one thing he has vowed to refute.

existentialism is 1000& within his retarded clean your own room views if he only tried to understand it.

>> No.15878563

>>15878472
eggs
meat, fish, and shellfish (fresh or frozen only)
fresh vegetables and fruit
garlic
natural fats, such as olive oil, coconut oil, and ghee
a moderate amount of nuts
GAPS baked goods made using nut flour

every diet is just dont eat doritos lol

>> No.15878590

I eat a low fiber diet because it gives me diarrhea if i consume anything with a high fiber content
potatoes and rice are my staples, along with a lot of cheese and meat

>> No.15878596

>>15878438
If you don't mind having ass cancer when you're 40. Go for it.

>> No.15878603

>>15878472
>look up GAPS diet
>it treats autism
Yeah not gonna waste my time looking at this lol

>> No.15878607

>>15878438
can eat exclusively meat, but can't deign to learn they/them

>> No.15878630

>>15878466
>because of the anti-depressant he was perscribed
No, it's because he got hooked on benzos and didn't have the fortitude or self-discipline to take responsibility and handle it himself.

>> No.15878648

>>15878560
Too bad he can't clean his own room himself. Hell, he can't even clean his own diaper.

>> No.15878679

>>15878648
nitpick all you want... his words and writings have changed millions of lives for the better.

meanwhile you beat off to images on your computer trying to cope with not moving forward in your life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>> No.15878685

>>15878679
more like acted as a gateway to becoming nazis

>> No.15878686

>>15878679
uhh you doin ok there bud

>> No.15878693

>>15878438
Tried it for a week when I was home alone and I’m glad I was because I was dumping hot lava out of my ass for a week straight and did nothing but shit and shower and lay around naked because I had no energy.

>> No.15878708

>>15878603
or you could try to fix your autism and take accountability for the things you ingest that go on to form your literal body and mind.

There is a huge correlation between bacteria and their exotoxins and mental and physical health. If you want to be specific about autism, the bacterial colony is clostridium and researchers have actually had tremendous success reducing autistic symptoms by simply running a course of antibiotics on autistic children. The woman who created the GAPS protocol is a russian neuro surgeon who only started researching brain/gut connection when her son developed autism and her neuroscientific background was not enough to find a solution. Her son doesn't have autism anymore, he drives and goes to university and has a girlfriend. So maybe consider it.

Here's a scholarly article backing up my claims but you don't have to waste your time looking at literal scientific evidence
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/M-N-Farid/publication/338170560_Impact_of_Clostridium_Bacteria_in_Children_with_Autism_Spectrum_Disorder_and_Their_Anthropometric_Measurements/links/5ee3d724a6fdcc73be77f5f1/Impact-of-Clostridium-Bacteria-in-Children-with-Autism-Spectrum-Disorder-and-Their-Anthropometric-Measurements.pdf

>> No.15878709

> eat nothing but meat / cheese / dairy
You may not be able to personally sense it, but guaranteed anybody who does this smells like wet farts are seeping out every pore in their body

>> No.15878714

you could just eat a balanced diet and don't over eat?
I think people have ruined their food senses, if you just listen to your natural impulses, you'll figure out what you need to it

>> No.15878719

>>15878708
sounds like absolute woo nonsense.

>> No.15878723

>>15878679
Take your meds

>> No.15878724

>>15878719
it's just science you're too lazy to read

>> No.15878740

>>15878724
You cannot fucking "catch" autism dude. Miss me with that nonsense.

>> No.15878748

the fact of the matter is that if you try to listen to jordan peterson you will see that he has 2 goals to get you to believe. that you can believe whatever the fuck you want as long as it is good for you, and that existentialism is bad. both of these are mutually exclusive.

>> No.15878750

>>15878708
is this the study where they didn't take into account that autistic children are notably fussy eaters?

>> No.15878757

>>15878563
Obviously eating "whole" and "organic" foods are best. The specific part of the GAPS diet that fixes intestinal and other physical/psychological problems associated with bacterial overgrowths and their exotoxins is that it starts with a bone broth fast with the introduction of probiotics before adding any type of fibre.

The idea is that if you have an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria they have outnumbered the body's pro-biotic bacteria and you need to basically starve them off and reintroduce the probiotics in a higher ratio.

Any fibre you ingest will be eaten by your gut bacteria and whether or not you get nutrients or poisons out of your food largely is determined by what type of bacteria is breaking it down. Doesn't even matter if it's all healthy fibre. This is why getting your probiotic bacteria count up is so important. After a certain ratio the probiotics outnumber the small colonies of "bad" bacteria and keep them in check.

>> No.15878772

>>15878748
>you can believe whatever the fuck you want as long as it is good for you
translation: the ends justify the means, as long as the ends to which you aspire are objectively good.
>>15878748
>existentialism is bad
translation: the concept that there is no such thing as objective good is a harmful concept because anybody can justify anything to themselves

These are absolutely not mutually exclusive.

>> No.15878781

>>15878750
there are literally hundreds of studies on gut bacteria and autism now, but gut bacteria are also associated with other modern illnesses both physiological and psychological. You can find new research from all sorts of different pathologies all being linked to gut bacterial colonies. Autism, depression, bi-polar, autoimmune disorders etc and obviously digestive problems and allergies are all linked to pathogenic bacterial overgrowth.

>Data obtained from this study support the existence of a significant correlation between autism etiology and anaerobic bacteria
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15321819.2013.792834

>> No.15878782
File: 50 KB, 700x500, justaboutdone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i did paleo and it helped 0% for my colitis. fuck diets im going to suffer anyways

>> No.15878790

>>15878772
if you can identify objectively good farther than peterson, who esentially identifies them with the palonian identtity, then maybe you have a point.

but you have read plato's greatest work, yes? it is esentially an authoritarian city where the king sucks his dick all day. is that your ideal city?

>> No.15878795

>>15878781
99% of the population eats other food in addition to, or besides meat
Somehow, miraculously, 99% of the population does not have autism

But yeah lets eat nothing but meat just in case. That doesn't sound retarded at all.

>> No.15878796

>>15878630
It was horse tranquilizer. And he's on an all meat diet so he can eat as many horsemeats as he can to absorb whatever trace tranquilizer it may still have.

>> No.15878802

>>15878740
you can actually develop autism from vaccines or illnesses dude. There are twin studies where the kids get vaccines and one of them just goes full autist. This is why anti-vaxxers exist. But it's not the vaccine's fault. It's the robust health of the gut biome that determines if we are impacted by external poisons/antibotics in a detrimental way.

You can also "catch" auto-immune diseases and psychological problems like "depression" and physical issues like "psoriasis" and "eczema". There's a huge link between the bacteria in our guts that process our food and the nutrients/poisons that come out of that process. Where do you think our body comes from? How do you think the food we eat gets turned into our bodies cells?? Magic? It's bacteria dude.

>> No.15878803

>>15878790
>palonian identtity
I have no idea wtf you're trying to say here.

>> No.15878805

>>15878781
and what causes the specific autistic batch of gut bateria?

>> No.15878806

>>15878685
cringe, gayboy

>> No.15878808

>>15878748
source?

>> No.15878818

>>15878748
>>15878772
>>15878790
>60-IQ /ck/ morons try to discuss philosophy
holy shit make it stop

>> No.15878822

>>15878795
The rate of autism in the general population is increasing. We inherent the gut flora of our parents. So it makes sense that it is degrading with each generation and the general population's increased exposure to poisons/chemicals and lack of fermented probiotics. Remember that before refrigeration our ancestors ate a lot of fermented foods. Our guts have always been incredibly robust by the nature of our food preservation techniques. The rate of autism in schoolchildren has increased significantly in the last ten years and researchers are speculating that it will continue to increase if we don't figure out the link. But don't worry, we figured it out. It's gut flora maintenance. It's returning to the way we used to eat with fermented foods.

You don't have to Only eat fermented foods, you just have to make sure you have a robust amount of pro-biotic bacteria in the gut. So that it can process the majority of the food (fibre) you eat before the bad bacterial colonies can.

>> No.15878823

>>15878685
fuck off linda

>> No.15878833
File: 242 KB, 700x525, blue zone.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The places on earth where people live the longest are called "blue zones"
If you look at the average diet of a person living in a blue zone, they eat less meat than the average person.

Just as importantly as diet, is all the other shit you do with your life.
>They go outside and walk around
>Develop a sense of identity and purpose
>Develop a sense of having an overall social structure to which they belong.

Could it possibly be that so many mental illnesses are on the rise because nobody in this fucking country feels like they belong anywhere?

>> No.15878836

>>15878822
>The rate of autism in the general population is increasing.
is this not because parents are getting older in western countries due to the post world war 2 middle class bubble really starting to fizzle out?

>> No.15878858

>>15878805
The research has got the specific strains somewhat identified
>Children with ASD had two types of Clostridium (Clostridium diffiicile and Clostridium clostridiioforme) not found in neurotypical children
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32130666/

Everyone is born and then ingests an inoculant of gut bacteria from their parents and then the environment. We walk around with a melange of good and bad bacteria. It's not that they are like "bad" bacteria it's that all bacteria eat the fibre in our food, and then shit out some shit and gas and the "bad" bacteria are creating "toxins" that are now stuck in our bodies. Yes hopefully we process those toxins with our livers. But increasingly we are processing a lot of other environmental toxins with our livers as well, and our digestive tracts are really expecting to process nutritive things not toxins. It's not efficient for the body and causes issues. These bacterial excretions may travel around the body and fuck up parts of you. Maybe the specific bacteria makes a toxin that binds to collagen so it gets into your body and finds collagen and all of a sudden you feel a pain in your joints and oh you have rheumatoid arthritis now. So weird. We don't have a cure yet. Donate today to help the cause.

Oh, oh, what's that? Research?
>researchers found that 75% of people with new-onset, untreated rheumatoid arthritis had the bacterium Prevotella copri in their intestinal microbiome.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/gut-microbes-linked-rheumatoid-arthritis

>> No.15878863

>>15878836
no, it's degraded gut bacteria combined with increased external toxin load from both environment and food.

>> No.15878940

>>15878863
>toxin
For some reason I can never trust anyone who uses that word.

>> No.15878971

cabbage juice from korea on amazon you're welcome anon

>> No.15878982

>>15878940
I understand but it's literally the bacterial exudates or waste products. The technical word is "exotoxin" but specific bacteria themselves are not "nutritive" for the body and also need to be processed in the liver. What would you prefer to call the particles that are harmful to the body that our bodies filter out via liver/kidney/skin/lymph/bowels?

>> No.15878998

>>15878445
Sounds absolutely based. Empty shell, new future.

>> No.15879000

>>15878438
For me it's nothing but grass fed beef followed by handful after handful of benzos

>> No.15879059

>>15878940
>Toxicity is the degree to which a chemical substance or a particular mixture of substances can damage an organism.[1] Toxicity can refer to the effect on a whole organism, such as an animal, bacterium, or plant, as well as the effect on a substructure of the organism, such as a cell (cytotoxicity) or an organ such as the liver (hepatotoxicity).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicity

>Toxicology is a scientific discipline, overlapping with biology, chemistry, pharmacology, and medicine, that involves the study of the adverse effects of chemical substances on living organisms[1] and the practice of diagnosing and treating exposures to toxins and toxicants. The relationship between dose and its effects on the exposed organism is of high significance in toxicology. Factors that influence chemical toxicity include the dosage, duration of exposure (whether it is acute or chronic), route of exposure, species, age, sex, and environment. Toxicologists are experts on poisons and poisoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicology

>> No.15879065

>>15879059
> A toxin is a harmful substance produced within living cells or organisms;[1][2] synthetic toxicants created by artificial processes are thus excluded. The term was first used by organic chemist Ludwig Brieger (1849–1919),[3] derived from the word toxic.[4] Toxins can be small molecules, peptides, or proteins that are capable of causing disease on contact with or absorption by body tissues interacting with biological macromolecules such as enzymes or cellular receptors. Toxins vary greatly in their toxicity, ranging from usually minor (such as a bee sting) to almost immediately deadly (such as botulinum toxin). Toxins are largely secondary metabolites, which are organic compounds that are not directly involved in an organism's growth, development, or reproduction, instead often aiding it in matters of defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxin

>> No.15879104

>>15878590
try increasing fermented foods in your diet before re-adding fibre. Types of good ferments to include in your diet:
>kefir
>lactofermented sauerkraut or pickles (not vinegar brined, salt brined)
>kombucha
>kimchi

You can fix your health and broaden your food choices to include more fibre rich foods by increasing the numbers of good probiotic bacteria in your gut. No joke, try it.

>> No.15879112

Tried it for a few weeks, was starving hungry every day and felt sick all the time

>> No.15879119

>>15878438 Amanda Moreno gave me diabetes recemtly by magic. Im wonderimg if there is a way to csuse her kidney fsilure now...

>> No.15879122

>>15878438
Shall we unpack this, frog posters?

Far right
Conspiracy theory peddling
Racist
Sexist
Nationalist
Dog whistling
Psuedointellectual

And that's just the start. A literal gatekeeper of the far right. Fuck off fash. Back to pol.

>> No.15879136

>>15879122
please, stay on the topic of pro-biotic gut flora and understanding the link between bad bacteria and health problems.

We are trying to fix ourselves.

>> No.15879137

>>15879122
No, we shan't unpack this, thank you for asking though sir.

>> No.15879148
File: 43 KB, 396x423, 1C4EF84F-4C86-4E16-A373-6B043F84363F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All meat diet?
Here’s what I do instead of following meme diets
I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

>> No.15879166

>>15879148
i like your ideas sir and would like to subscribe to your newsletter, but why vodka when whiskey is generally healthier?

>> No.15879176

>>15879166
Whiskey isn’t healthier anon.
The purity of vodka is what makes it cleansing.

>> No.15879191

>>15879176
pure rainwater and distilled grain alcohol

>> No.15879208

>>15878445
>Posts a frog smoking a cigarette.
> Opinion is that real.

Sorry, homo, you lose.......

>> No.15879215

>>15878709
Are you the most pure being around that doesn't emit any odour at all?, you fucking heathen..

>> No.15879293

>celebrity doctor says literally anything
>"should I?"
No.

>> No.15879332
File: 292 KB, 1125x647, 007748BB-4853-43C5-968B-47B3E4B43774.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15879208
>the meat diet is so healthy look at me and my daughter

>> No.15879353

>>15879148
>I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you
And yet you suffer from autism.

>> No.15879354

>>15879353
>replies to pasta
>And yet you suffer from autism.
uhh

>> No.15880176

>>15878438
The GAPS diet has already been around for a long time and it's helped a lot of people with gut problems. But unlike pure carnivore it also has specific steps to slowly bring you back to eating normally as much as is possible.
Look into high quality colostrum like surthrival bovine colostrum or goat colostrum.