[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 173 KB, 700x368, 1365.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15342604 No.15342604 [Reply] [Original]

I'm very autistic about my meat and want it form a source where the animals are treated as humanely as possible and not jacked up on steroids and and other unnatural feed. I don't want to go vegan but also don't want to support cruel animal practices anymore. I think thats a fair thing to ask for a person concerned about.

What mart or brand options do I have in burgerland? The obvious ones like walmart krogers albertsons etc are off the list. And you can never seem to tell which brands are the best since they all use the same buzzwords and language.

>> No.15342624

>I want my meat to not be cruel
killing something sentient that doesn't want to die or have its children taken from it at birth is not humane
sorry bro, there's no such thing as humane meat

>> No.15342628

>>15342604
>And you can never seem to tell which brands are the best since they all use the same buzzwords and language.

Buzzwords are deceitful, but they're not allowed to outright lie. Look for terms like "grass fed" and "free-range"

>> No.15342634

>>15342604
>What mart or brand options do I have in burgerland?
no no no! go to your local butcher and talk to them. if they really care about the animals and their product they should answer any and all questions you have.

>> No.15342680

It's an impossible task you've set up, luckily there's impossible burgers at Burger King. Yes that's right a hamburger made of impossible meat that you can truly enjoy without the distasteful taint of bloodshed.

>> No.15342704

>>15342604
Walmart sells grass fed beef as well as bison. Bison bloat if you give them grain. Lamb is also all 100% grass fed.

>> No.15342713

>>15342680
based

>> No.15342808

>>15342628
But what are the standards and parameters for using those words? Feeding them 1:20 servings of grass to corn and grain? 2 hours a day outside in a 100 foot confinement? They help somewhat but are *very* loosely defined.
>>15342704
Still a lot of unknown variables about living condition beyond being fed grass.

>> No.15342829

>>15342624
Retard alert

>> No.15342835

>>15342624
prove that animals are sentient

>> No.15342843
File: 533 KB, 449x537, 044.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15342604
Buy organic/ grass feed, like any other on-retard.

>> No.15342854

>>15342604
I think the main problem with what you want is relying on ubiquitous easy to access marts for this kind of meat. I have similar feelings but ultimately I still basically choose to go for the factory farmed shit anyway because of its availability above all else (and I guess still passing some minimum low threshold of quality). The kind of meat you really want is gonna be from not very easy to find butchers/farmers that will almost certainly be out of the way even when you do find them, ignoring that it'll also be a lot pricier

>> No.15342864

>>15342604
>What mart or brand options
none that i can tell you offhand
that shit is going to be local and is going to be different from state to state and city to city

>> No.15342878

>>15342604
>What mart or brand options do I have in burgerland?
If you want "humane" meat you won't find it at the grocery store. You have to join a co-op or buy shares in an animal from a rancher in a rural part of your state. It's not cheap.

>> No.15342907

>>15342835
Doesn't work that way. Burden of proof is on you to defend the assertion the only mammal that's sentient is homo sapiens and all the others are equivalent to rocks.

>> No.15342916

>>15342604
Where do you live? I'm in Texas and can source half a cow directly from local ranchers. I don't, because that's a lot of work to butcher it and process it, but it'll last most of the year in a deep freeze.
FYI, cattle meant for meat free range on land anyway, they aren't locked in warehouses their whole lives. Pictures like this are taken right as they're rounded up and being shipped for slaughter. If you drive along any of the Texas Triangle interstates, you'll see cattle all over the place once you get out of the cities, just chillin.

>> No.15342927

>>15342854
>ignoring that it'll also be a lot pricier
Not really, but you do have to butcher it yourself, or pay for it to be processed.

>> No.15342933

>>15342907
I like that you specified mammal, as octopi are sentient as well.

>> No.15342982

>>15342604
Either get a big freezer and buy (sections) of animals directly from a farm you can visit ... or buy organic.

Organic is the strictest set of regulations you will find at the supermarket. Although USDA organic is a bit weaksauce compared to my country, chickens are still allowed to be debeaked for instance.

The again artificial insemination and centralized slaughter is still allowed in my country too. Male culling is pretty much unavoidable too. In the end it's always going to be a pretty grim affair.

>> No.15343030

>>15342843
>>15342808
Youve gotta be one naive son of a bitch to believe that grass fed is the end all factor to livestock being well treated

>> No.15343044

>>15342854
Unfortunately you're probably right but even then I still don't know where to start looking for the meat from first-hand family owned farms. Even if it is more expensive I could just lower my intake of meat would wouldn't even be a bad thing.

>> No.15343059

>>15343044
Where do you live?

>> No.15343208

>>15343030
The animals are raised naturally on grass outside doing cow stuff. Do you want them to get a massage and pedicure to feel better about eating a steak? Plus I said, organic/ grass feed, which implies that you buy brands which are certified to not put shit into their animals which do not belong there.

Either way, you're a lazy faggot so you're not gonna pay 50$/kg either way. And yes, that's what well treated beef costs.

>> No.15343600

>>15342604
While most factory farmed cattle in the US are raised in grass fields, they get supplemental feed daily that contains all sorts medicines like antibiotics, dewormers, growth hormones, etc. They also ship them to filthy crowded feed lots to rapidly fatten them up to artificially increase weight to get higher prices at auction.

You're pretty much reduced to buying organic meat from a reputable butcher who will give you the name and location of the farm so you can research it. Or, a farmers market. Or order a 1/4 or 1/2 of a cow from an organic farm on the internet.

But yeah, conventional beef in the US is bad stuff, not only for the animal but your health too.

>> No.15343672

>>15343600

The purpose of putting cattle in a feedlot is not to "artificially increase weight". It is to bring them up to slaughter weight faster so that you will have less interest to pay on the loan you used to finance those cattle.

It always took us about an extra year for the cattle we put on grass to reach slaughter weight compared to those we put in the feedlot.

If you know how to cook grassfed beef (many haven't a clue), then the result is far tastier.

>> No.15343955
File: 216 KB, 321x314, 1607860320179.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15342604
>Black cows exist
Now I want all my meat to be from nonblack animals. Thánks asshole

>> No.15344075

>>15343059
Las Vegas

>> No.15344098

>>15343600
thank you
the normies itt had me thinking I was the crazy one for not just giving these mass meat production brands like Tyson the benefit of the doubt that the animals were well taken care of
>>15343955
Yeah thats great incel

>> No.15344100
File: 234 KB, 545x530, glasseson.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>grass fed good
>implying the grass is even natural at this point

>> No.15344142

>>15342604
to get a decent quality meat underlining your requirements of organic, non steroid and careful narture (torture and meat quality) you will have to do your due diligence with looking into your local preferable family owned butchers and farms

the burgerland marts and brands are almost always industry and that means globalist, dirty money, dirty meat.

you can even speculate the kikes recycling their wasted human meat in the mix

>> No.15344217

>>15342604
I honestly think you might be able to tell based upon taste alone. Or maybe that's just me being routinely impressed by free range Australian pork.

>> No.15344260

>>15342604

Buy a cow directly from a farmer and then you can pay to have it butchered and then just store the meat in a freezer long term, a whole cow for a single person is alot, so you could try to split the meat and the cost with a friend or family member.

>> No.15344280

>>15342624
It's live or let die. If you care so much about other sentient life, you should reflect upon how your mere existence suppress other sentient life by using resources that other sentient life could use instead. The logical consequence is to kill yourself to let other sentient life live.

Meat is murder.

Veganism is genocide.

(hundreds of cattle breeds would go extinct if we stopped eating them, and that's just cattle. Chicken breeds, pig breeds, sheep breeds, all would go extinct if vegans got their way).

>> No.15344290

>>15342624
Eating meat is as natural as death and killing.

Killing an animal for sustenance is not morally wrong, it is the way nature intended.

Look at nature, there are animals that feed solely on meat such as wolves and lions.

Are wolves and lions morally wrong for hunting and killing food?

Something must always die in order to sustain that which consumes it.

It is possible to mitigate the suffering of the animal and in my opinion if you have the ability to do so, then you should but everyone and everything must die at some point and for many animals death comes in the form of violent trauma.

God even says in the Bible that he created the animals and plants on this earth for men to dominate over.

>> No.15344296

you could get wild caught seafood, I wouldn't say we treat them too respectfully but they're dead when we get them for processing so who cares

>> No.15344322

>>15344290
>nature intended.
Nature intends nothing.

Random shit happens, then you die ... likely horribly. That's nature.
>Are wolves and lions morally wrong for hunting and killing food?
Yes, all carnivores and parasites should be genocided or GM'd into herbivores.

>> No.15344482

>>15344322
>Yes, all carnivores and parasites should be genocided or GM'd into herbivores.
I wish you had the most basic knowledge of biology so you knew what role carnivores play in nature and what would happen without them.

Hint: Herbivores dying of starvation. Is that better than them being eaten by carnivore?

>> No.15344761

>>15342624
Based vegan remark. No one has replied to this with anything of value. Only muh nature fallacy or autistic babbling. Keep seething meat eaters.

>> No.15344775

Find the farmer's market and ask around, failing that find natural food hipsters and ask them instead

>> No.15345651

>>15342604
In Europe in order to label something organic it has to be to a certain standard like free ranging and natural feed ect so maybe just get meat thats not american

>> No.15346130

>>15342604
The only way you're going to get good meat this way is to make contact with a farmer and know his standards and go in on purchasing a portion of the entire animal. Your other option is getting to know people like Mennonites who often farm and raise animals.

>> No.15346138

>>15342604
Find a local farmer or hunt for your food is the only way

>> No.15346373

>>15342808
It needs to say grass fed grass finished, no antibiotics no hormones ever.

>> No.15346661

>>15342604
Ask your butcher where it's from and how they are treated, they usually know
The most humane meat is the one you killed yourself so start hunting, you got the best gun laws, great public lands open to pretty much, shitload of private land you can get on by asking nicely anyone and nation wide lotteries of tags and last but not least amazing animals how someone can live in the u.s and not hunt is beyond me

>> No.15346668

>purchase chest freezer
>purchase half or quarter cow
>???
>profit

>> No.15346672

>>15344290
This is a midwit remark
I’m not a Vegan
I enjoy Taste of meat
I crave it
Yet I know it’s cruel to buy it
If you want to eat meat to kill the animal yourself and slaughter it
Then maybe you’ll cut back your consumption when you realize what all goes into it

>> No.15346690

>>15346672
i dunno man when you're a sex having animal slaughtering bearded forest creature your ketogenic metabolism goes through the roof. even tiny women with metabolic fire can eat upwards of 3lbs of meat when exerting significant amounts of energy

>> No.15346720

>methane bad
>muh green house gas
No. Grassland polyculture runs on cow poop. Shit's healthy. That's what nature will revert to in the absence of quite agreeably deranged and cancerous human agriculture techniques
>muh animal welfare
Monocultural factory farming of cash crops not only devastates the soil, it has destroyed more mammal life than every hunter in history by turning former habitats into toxic wastelands where only organisms genetically modified to withstand the pesticides can survive.
Consider the carbon impact of shipping your organic avocados from California to your door before you lapse into your next mortality quandary and cry about animals, you pretentious urbanite pussies who've clearly never lifted anything heavier than a couple dicks.

>> No.15346724

Imagine living off bread, scraps, and the odd fish not even being allowed to hunt the king's deer. Are you gonna poach game or let your family starve?

>> No.15346725

>>15346690
Didn’t read

>> No.15346730

Normally meat brands have a variety of stickers used to sell their meat be it organic, no hormones, or natural. I’m sure with a little research you could find out if they mean cruelty free which most of the time they do. If you’re buy supermarket branded meat you’re too poor to be concerned with things like cruelty free.

>> No.15346733

>>15346725
alright lemme rephrase that and make it more appealing
i dunno man when you're a sex having animal slaughtering bearded forest creature your ketogenic metabolism goes through the roof. even tiny women with metabolic fire can eat upwards of 3lbs of DICKmeat when exerting significant amounts of energy FUCKING

>> No.15346764

If you've ever left a city in North America you've probably seen some cows chillin on farms. For 95% of their life they are chillin' with the homies on open pastures grazing and eating grasses with perhaps a few delicious grain treats to maintain weight. They don't tell you even the cheap "grain fed" Wal-Meat cows live mostly in ignorant bliss eating mostly natural diets before they're fattened (grain finished) and slaughtered in the horror-show industrial abbatoirs people take issue with. Even the shittiest and cruelest beef is more nutritionally useful to the body than a pristine organic vegetable serenaded every day from plant to harvest

>> No.15346794

Herbivores commonly eat meat when given a low risk opportunity. You have to laugh at the irony of these virtue signaling commieboos torturing their quite carnivorous teacup chihuahuas with a vegan diet while railing about the meat consumption choices intelligent and rational people make.

>> No.15346956

>>15346661
Hunting on public land is dangerous af. Billy Bob and his butt buddies are out there swilling Bud Light, taking shots of whiskey and randomly blasting away if they see a bush move. Hundreds are shot yearly just that way. No thx. Also, unless a land owner knows you pretty well, he won't give you permission to hunt because he's already been burned by the same kind of douchebags.

>> No.15347474

>>15342624
Its true, the funny thing is how "meat eaters" try to cope. Its embarassing how eating meat became the same thing as veganism, identity politics and ideology.

>> No.15347486

>>15346794
Comparing wild animals' constant fight for survival and therefore their opportunistic feeding behaviours to that of domesticated, fat americans like yourself, is pretty retarded, even a trip fagging polcel has to realise this.

>> No.15347525

>>15342624
Self loathing leftards and their aborted fetuses are game then.

>> No.15347670

>>15347474
There are moral and immoral methods of raising and slaughtering and animal. We have been consuming meat since the dawn of humanity. That will never stop. The human race will never be vegan, no matter how muhc you sob and whine about it. The most we can do is regulate the production with our wallets and support the best practices. Your fantasies of the human race evolving into herbivores will *never* happen so you'd might as well start supporting more realistic ideas like consuming less meat and striking these mass production chains.

>> No.15348003

>>15344290
>God even says in the Bible that he created the animals and plants on this earth for men to dominate over
mUH SKYDADDY

>> No.15348035

>feed
Sneed